PHONE 1300 725 216 www.gm-homes.com.au
Our 13 steps TO BUILD YOUR OWN HOME
Step One – Decide on Land and Design This all depends on whether you have your block of land. If you do, great, then come in and talk to one of our trained and friendly sales consultants about where it is that you are intending to build and let us help you explore what type of design that will suit your families wants, needs and budget. If you haven’t decided on your land as yet, we can go a step further and help provide some advice on block selection. We can inform you about any issues – sloping blocks, site costs, covenant issues and design suitability, particular to the land of your choice. Helping you understand all these issues will save you time, money and make the process simpler for you to undertake.
Step Two – Quote Document (GM to order) It all starts to get more focused from here, as by now you will have your block of land, or at least be getting it under contract. You will need to decided on one of our many designs and set about making those house changes and ‘inclusions’ particular to your family’s wants and needs. It is at this point that we take an initial deposit from you to prepare a Quote Document, which will include details and costs such as: • Soil Test and Wind Rating • Contour Survey • Site Inspection by our site supervisor • Sewer Assessment • Preparation of Preliminary Plans by our drafts people • Preparation of the Quote Document will include this information as well as articulate details on your home, site costs, changes you have made to the Base Plan and Inclusions selected to date. The Quote Document will take 1 week to prepare and send out.
Step Three – Quote Document (Client to sign) The Sales Consultant will contact you, once they receive the Quote Document to set up a mutually convenient time to present all of this information to you. The purpose of this step is to ensure that you understand all of the costs involved, and you can address any changes or queries that may arise from this document prior to ordering a contract with GM Homes.
Step Four – Contract Document (GM to order) Having gone through the Quote Document, making any necessary changes, you are now in a position to order the Contract Documentation though the sales consultant. This documentation is a ‘formal’ version of the Quote Documentation. It will be accompanied by a HIA Building Agreement. The Contract Documents generally take 1 week to prepare.
Step Five – Contract Document (Client to sign) Once the Sales consultant receives the Contract Document, they will again contact you to arrange a mutually convenient time to present all of this information. You will be required to sign these documents and return to us, to be countersigned as the builder. We retain a copy and then post the original signed copy out to you. The Balance of Deposit of 5% of the Total Contract Value is due and payable at this point.
Step Six – Engineering Ordered Once the signed contract documents are returned Head Office will order the Engineering on your home (slab design, footing details etc.). This generally takes 1 week to receive.
Step Seven – Colour Selection At the same time that we order your Engineering, we will issue a full set of your Working Drawings, Specifications, and copy of your Contract Documentation to our Colour Coordinator. Our Colour Coordinator will make a time to meet with you and help you complete this documentation. This generally takes 3 to 4 hours to complete with our Colour Coordinator.
Step Eight – Final Working Drawings Once the Engineering is returned, our drafts people collate this information into your original contract drawings and produce what we call the Final Working Drawings. This generally takes up to 1 week.
Step Nine – BA Submitted Once the Final Working Drawings are produced we will send these to our private certifier and your local council authority so that the BA (building approval) and Plumbing & Drainage Approvals can be sourced. This generally takes 3 to 4 weeks.
Step Ten – Finance and ACC Once the BA is approved we send a copy of your BA to your financial institution (if you are borrowing money). We then require the financial body to issue us with an ACC (Authority to Commence Construction). This can take up to 2 weeks.
Step Eleven – Site Start (letter) Once we have your BA, ACC and any / all variations signed and returned we will issue you a Site Start Letter, nominating the date construction will begin on your home. This is issued within 24 hours of receiving all the information required and outlined above. The HIA contract stipulates that we as the builder must ‘commence works - Site Start’ within 4 weeks of all of this information being received, however we will endeavour to site start 2 weeks from this date. We need this time to prepare your construction file, print out the first initial orders, brief your site supervisor etc.
Step Twelve – Site Start (construction begins) Now it all happens. We have a guaranteed construction period of 18 weeks. Your Site Supervisor will meet you prior to the site being cut, to brief you on the process and discuss any site issues that may need addressing. You will receive bi-weekly reports from your Customer Service Officer (CSO), updating you on the progress of your new home. We do quality audits throughout the construction of the home to ensure that your new home is to the highest standard. When all works are completed, you will be invited to attend a ‘final walkthrough’ inspection of your home with your Site Supervisor. Together you will inspect your new home and discuss any items which need to be addressed before you move in. Once we are satisfied with the home we will hand over the keys to you, your site supervisor will book a time with you to perform the Handover. Make sure that either on or before this date that all monies have been paid, so that the keys can be handed over to you!! You are now in your brand new GM Home – ENJOY!
Step Thirteen – Maintenance Period You can rest assured that GM Homes’ service to you will continue even after the construction process has finished. We are committed to helping you settle into your new home and to make this process a smooth and enjoyable one. We will provide you with a maintenance service for the first six months after Handover. During this time, all you need to do is record any items you feel need attention and we’ll inspect and address these items at the end of the first six months in your new home.
Specifications EXTERIOR BRICKS
• Select range of Boral clay bricks from the Builders Standard Range of colours, natural mortar with raked joints PGH RESORT RANGE
PGH ORGANIC RANGE
PGH DESIGNER RANGE
PGH CAFÉ RANGE
PGH NATURALS RANGE
• Concrete Boral roof tiles from the Builders Standard Range of colours MAQUARIE RANGE
• Powder coated aluminium windows in the Builders Standard Range of colours with clear glass • Keyed window locks to all opening sashed & sliding doors
NOTRE DAME GREY
• Colorbond fascia and gutter in the Builders Standard Range of colours
• Auto Panelift garage door to the front facade of the garage in the Builders Standard Range of colours
Specifications KITCHEN KITCHEN APPLIANCES
• Technika V60FSS stainless steel 600mm fan forced oven and Technika TB64ESS stainless steel 600mm electric cooktop with EGO plates
• Technika SL101601 stainless steel 600mm slide out rangehood
• Technika VDW6SS stainless steel dishwasher
• Blanco Jarrah 1½ bowl kitchen sink
• Festival chrome sink mixer
Specifications NEW HOME STANDARD DOOR • Corinthian Panelcarve “PPC4” (paint grade finish)
• Front and rear hinged doors - Gainsborough 540 Terrace Finishes: SS stainless steel Finishes: PSS polished stainless steel • Internal hinged doors - Gainsborough Whitehall Finishes: bright chrome/white
BATHROOM FITTINGS • Symphony toilet suite • Adele drop in basin
• Deluxe acrylic bath
Specifications NEW HOME TAPWARE AND ACCESSORIES
• Phoenix Festival kitchen sink mixer
• Phoenix Festival basin mixer
• Phoenix Festival wall mixer (bath & Shower)
• Belmore single towel rail
• Belmore toilet roll holder
• Washing machine set
• Shower arm & rose
SHOWER SCREENS & MIRROR FRAMES STANDARD POWDER COAT COLOURS White White birch Almond ivory Grey Black STANDARD ANODISED COLOURS Matt silver Bright silver Bright gold
PRE-CONSTRUCTION • HIA fixed price contract plans - specifications • Engineers soil report & slab design • Council building application fees (standard applications based on Brisbane City Council excluding town planning, relaxations etc.) SITE WORKS, FOUNDATIONS & CONNECTIONS • Site scrape and/or balanced cut & fill excavation for up to 1500mm site fall over the building platform • ‘H’ class monolithic concrete slab with bulk concrete piering (up to and including a depth of 600mm) “highly reactive” typical soil description • Termite treatment to slab penetrations and physical perimeter barrier • Sewer and Storm water connections to existing servicable connection points for sites up to 700m² in size and with a standard 6 meter set back from front boundary (battle axe, other odd shaped blocks and blocks where service connection exceeds standard allowance may incur extra costs) • Eight (8) meters plan length of electrical mains • Water connection from pre-tapped water main up to and including six (6) meter setback to house • House constructed to “N2” wind rating conditions (W33) • No allowance is made for retaining walls ENERGY EFFICIENCY • Bulk ceiling insulation rating R2.5 to ceiling area • Double sided foil “Wall-wrap” to external stud walls • Energy efficient aluminium improved windows and sliding door units with a thermal break • Weather stripping to hinged external doors • Continuous flow gas hot water unit (excluding controller and supply of gas bottles) • 500 KPA water pressure limiting device • Externally ballasted compact internal fluorescent downlights (CFL’s) BRICKS, WINDOWS & ROOF TILES • Select range of Boral clay bricks from the Builders Standard Range • Natural mortar with raked joints • Powder coated aluminium windows in the Builders Standard Range of colours - with clear glass • Keyed window locks to all opening sashed & sliding doors • Painted timber entry door frame - sidelights if applicable in clear glass • Concrete Boral roof tiles in the Builders Standard Range of colours GARAGE AND FASCIA • Auto Panelift garage door to the front facade of the garage in the Builders Standard Range of colours • Colorbond fascia and gutter in the Builders Standard Range of colours KITCHEN INCLUSIONS • Laminate finish cupboards with laminate bench tops in the Builders Standard Range of laminates and door handles • Technika V60FSS Stainless steel 600mm fan forced oven and Technika TB64ESS Stainless steel 600mm electric cooktop with EGO plates • Technika VDW6SS stainless steel dishwasher • Technika SL101601 stainless steel 600mm slide out rangehood • Blanco Jarrah 1½ bowl kitchen sink • Festival chrome sink mixer BATHROOM, ENSUITE AND TOILETS • Laminated finish vanities with laminate benchtops in the Builders Standard Range of laminates & door handles • Clear laminated glass shower screens with powder coated aluminium frames fitted to the same width as the vanity unit • Phoenix Festival chrome mixers • Chrome towel rails and toilet roll holders • Symphony plastic white toilet pan and cistern • Adele white oval drop in vanity basins CERAMIC TILING • Bathroom and ensuite - floors 2000mm high to showers - 500mm above bath - 200mm skirting tile
• Kitchen - 600mm tiled splash back • Toilet and laundry - floors 400mm splash back over tub 200mm skirting tiles • No allowance has been made for frieze or decorator tiles • No allowance has been made for laying of border tiles, 45 degree patterns or floor feature layouts ELECTRICAL • Earth leakage safety switch and circuit breakers • Single phase underground power connection from existing supply point • One (1) double power point in each room and as per electrical plan • One (1) 240 volt downlight light point to each room as per electrical plan • Two (2) external paraflood light points • Two (2) television points (complete with 5 lineal meters of cable and no antenna) • Smoke detectors (hard wired with battery back up) • Pre-wiring for two (2) Telstra phone points STANDARD INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL FEATURES • 2400mm nominal ceiling height • 2 x split cycle air conditioner. 1 x 1hp, 1 x 2.5 hp • Powder coated ceiling fans • Corinthian ‘PPC4’ Panelcarve painted external front door • Corinthian flush panel paint grade external hinged doors to other external doors if applicable • Corinthian paint grade flush panel internal passage doors • Corinthian paint grade flush panel internal robe doors OR vinyl sliders (VSD) as nominated on working drawing plans • Gainsborough 540 series Terrace Entrance external lock set • Gainsborough Classic porcelain internal door knob sets (Whitehall) • 70mm paint grade coved cornice, 41mm paint grade colonial architraves and 67mm paint grade colonial skirting • Three (3) coat internal paint system - 2 colours allowed (ie: 1 colour to walls and 1 colour to timber work) to paint manufacturers standard specifications • Two (2) coats to ceiling to paint manufacturers standard specifications • Two (2) coat external paint system to external trim and doors to paint manufacturers standard specifications • Milena 45 Litre acrylic Laundry tub with Bianco Mixer Tap • 5,000 litre water tank • Two (2) external garden hose taps • AAA rated water saving shower heads/tapware • Internal and external builders house clean • Site clean after construction ADDITIONAL PRE-CONSTRUCTION • Provide additional Council cross over etc. building application fees (standard applications based on Brisbane City council) ADDITIONAL SITE WORKS • Provide additional driveway cut and excavation including gutter cut where applicable WINDOWS • Provide powder coated aluminium security screens to all opening windows, sliding glass doors and hinged external doors ADDITIONAL LANDSCAPING • Provide 70 lineal meters of 1800mm high treated pine fencing • Provide (1) treated pine with steel frame gate • Provide 77 square meters of 100mm thick exposed aggregate driveway, porch and patio/alfresco. (Aggregate selection and availability will depend on the construction area) • Provide 500 square meters of “A Grade” turf • Provide one (1) 15 square meter garden bed including clay paver edge, builders range plants and mulch located at builders discretion ADDITIONAL INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL FEATURES • Provide carpet to all bedrooms and living rooms as selected from the Builders Standard Range • Provide main floor tiles to all other internal areas (excluding garage) • Provide additional internal and external builders house clean • Provide a fold down wall mounted clothes line as selected from the Builders Standard Range • Provide a TV antenna and booster to roof as selected from the Builders Standard Range • Provide a metal letterbox as selected from the Builders Standard Range • Provide vertical blinds to all windows and sliding glass doors WARRANTIES • Six month maintenance period • Statutory structural guarantee period
CEILING HEIGHT • 2550mm
GARAGE DOOR PROFILE • Contemporary
FRONT DOOR • PMAD104
FRONT DOOR FURNITURE
• Gainsborough 8901 Precise trilock
INTERNAL DOOR FURNITURE • Gainsborough 8901 Precise lever
• Bathroom & Ensuite: 96mm Titan stainless steel rail & post • Kitchen: 128mm Titan stainless steel rail and post
• Bathroom & Ensuite: Cosmo vanity basin
TOILET SUITES • Main WC & Ensuite: Stylus Venecia close coupled
• Bathroom & Ensuite shower: Invigera shower on rail
KITCHEN APPLIANCES • Cooktop: • Under bench oven: • Canopy rangehood: • Dishwasher:
Technica 9HSS Technika T948 Technika D3/900 Technika TDX6-2
For more information contact Momentum Property Solutions Ph: 1300 725 216 Fax:1300 725 229 Email: email@example.com
Information contained herein is subject to change without notice. No responsibility is accepted by the vendor or the agent for any action taken in reliance thereon. Prospective purchasers should make their own enquiries to satisfy themselves on all aspects. Details herein do not constitute any representation by the vendor or the agent and are expressly excluded from any contract. Pictures indicative only.