The Autumn Issue
Key aesthetics THE ART ISSUE
ARTFUL THINGS TO DO WITH CHILDREN BARN WEDDINGS | INSIDE OUR ART STUDIO | KOREA
EDITORS NOTE The Autumn Issue | The Art Issue: ART + FASHION
This issue content came very naturally to me because it is the marriage of two genres that perfectly weave through our daily life. It is what I do, it is what I live and how I am being. Just being in those daily moments can create our own art. We are delighted to feature our Art Gallery (p. 9) of some select pieces that weâ€™ve illustrated over the past year. As the weather cools and we spend more time inside, you can be sure that we will have more art work to share with you. Art Spotlight this month Anna Heyward Taylor (p. 17) Key Aesthetics Founding Editor
For more information or other inquiries, drop us an email or visit us online. Hello@KeyAesthetics.com @KeyAesthetics @KeyAestheticsMag Pinterest.com/KeyAesthetics
Keyaesthetics The Autumn Issue
Keyaesthetics THE E ISSU T R A
Founding Editor SHANTA LASTER
KeyAesthetics.com Published by LasterStudios Design
KeyAesthetics magazine is a bimonthly online publication that showcases fashion inspirations, travel and leisure activities that fit within our busy lives. The Founding Editor of KeyAesthetics draws upon her entrepreneurial strengths and corporate work experience from the past 20 years. Believing you can always reinvent yourself; the Editor takes her attention to details and marries it with her love for all things lovely. Since the 2013 launch, these inspirations are now keenly curated for the discerning kind on http://www.KeyAesthetics.com and the daily blog, http://www.keyaesthetics.wordpress.com.
â€œLife is a Theater. Invite your audience carefully. Not everyone is healthy enough to have a front row seat in our lives. Who is in your front row?â€?
SUBSCRIPTIONS Hello@KeyAesthetics.com WEBSITE DESIGN www.LasterStudios.com SALES and MEDIA KIT Hello@KeyAesthetics.com. For 24/7 customer service, please use our website. KeyAesthetics is a bi-monthly online magazine found at www.KeyAesthetics.com.
Our top Art Fashionistas for the season.
Kinarino Modern Minimalist
“Living is seeing and Seeing is learning” – by KeyAesthetics
Modern Minimalist #TheGentlemenBaristas
We find art in fashion and fashion in art. –KeyAesethetics Founder
Zimmerman Resort 2019
NEW IN ART Keyaesthetics @the_girl_daily_journal
Artwork by Shanta
Paintings by Shanta All paintings are available for sales. Email us at sales@TheGirlDaily.com.
INSIDE THE STUDIO
Illustrations We took a handful of our drawings from this past year and showcased them in this feed. Most of our illustrations feature version of us during moments in our daily life.
Art + Style
Art + Style Many of you are following us over at @the_girl_daily_journal, but those of you who are not, here is a mini-showcase of the artwork. #ArtworkbyShanta
Three Ways to Invest
1. DIY Style? Pick an online trading platform. For the person who likes to take matters in their own hands, you may want to consider Charles Schwab online or Acorns. Open an E-Trade account or invest your left over change for them to invest in high yield stocks for you. 2. Open an IRA When you open an IRA you have options of where to invest your money and how much you can earn over 1, 5 or 10 years. Roth IRA is money you already paid taxes on. Maximum investment is $5,500 per year into the Roth IRA. Traditional IRA is pre-tax money and you defer taxes until retirement. 3. CD Set up automatic transfers from your bank account to an investment or CD account (high yielding savings account). Take a percentage of your paycheck and do it automatically so you donâ€™t have control.
AUTUMN We fall for Autumn every year. While we love Summer and the ever warmth feelings, we quickly adapt to a comfy sweater and a fireplace. Of course while the weather cools it causes you to slow down a bit and stay a bit indoors. Keeping the balance can be delicate concept for some. We realize not everyone likes to be a home body (like us). Nonetheless, being balance has essential life sustaining properties along with cultivating healthy and purposeful living. Enjoy Autumn.
A U T U M N Evenings
What we are Reading
1. Tony & Susan Suspensive, rivoting thriller-ish of two stories in one. Keeps you on the edge.
2. The Italian Teacher Author, Tom Rachman examines a life lived in the shadow of greatness. When father, Bear dies, Pinch hatches a scheme to secure his father's legacy-and make his own mark on the world.
3. blink Blink is a book about how we think without thinking, about choices that seem to be made in an instant-in the blink of an eye-that actually aren't as simple as they seem.
4. The Outliers The author asks and answers the question: what makes high-achievers different? Answer depends on where they are from: that is, their culture, their family, their generation, and the idiosyncratic experiences of their upbringing. KeyAestheticsMagazine.com
ART Spotlight: Anna Heyward Taylor
Anne Heyward Taylor became known for her prints illustrating life in the South Carolina Low country, including agricultural subjects both past and present, local fauna and flora, architecture, street scenes, and the city's tradespeople. (Wikipedia 2018) k
Photos courtesy of GCMA_SC
Events with KeyAesthetics PINDAR ANGRY ORCHARD FOOD + WINE â€“ Greenwich Food + Wine Festival September 28, 2018 -THE AMERICAN GOLD CUP Event September 26-30, 2018 -KOREAN COOKING CLASS With OME see here.
weddings BARN WEDDINGS
Featured: Old Adriance Farm; The Hill (Hudson Valley); and Crested Hen Farms. Opposite page: A Private Estate, Nostrano Vineyards and The Hanger at Candleight Inn.
B A R N WEDDINGS weddings
Our Shopping List paper crown
Where all things modern and feminine exist.
Advertise with us. We love our Sponsors.
ARTFUL THINGS TO DO WITH CHILDREN
ARTFUL THINGS TO DO WITH KIDS
THE ART BAR (Connecticut)
KeyAesthetics. See what is in our digital world. www.KeyAesthetics.com
Destination: Mount Seoraksan (Korea) MOUNT SEORAKSAN | Korea Only 3 hours from Seoul you can catch a cable car to these majestic mountains. Reasonable day trips are available and allow you to enjoy the panoramic views. For example, viator.com offers a spectacular autumn tour package. Naksana Temple is also a main attraction. Bookings?
Keyaesthetics AUTUMN 2018
Follow us @the_girl_daily_journal
Where Home Matters Powered by LasterStudios | Design 2018
FOLLOW US ON Twitter