Presented by Rebecca Tomerlin, MS
• What kind of eBooks are offered by your library offer.
• How to borrow eBooks from the library using Overdrive.
• How to download eBooks to: • Nooks • Kindles • Android Smart Phones
Childrenâ€™s eBooks * BWI Books * Overdrive * Tumblebooks Teen eBooks * Overdrive Adult eBooks * Overdrive
Click on the â€œDownloadsâ€? tab to find Overdrive and Tumblebooks eBooks
Use the library catalog to find Overdrive and BWI eBooks
Note: you may bypass the library website to visit Overdrive at: idm.lib.overdrive.com
Downloads page • Find eBook suggestions • Visit Tumblebooks • Visit Indiana Digital Media (Overdrive) • eReader FAQs
• Optional read-along books • Language learning • Games
â€˘ Integrated in the library catalog â€˘ Can be viewed on computers and tablets
What you need: 1. Library Card 2. Patron Identification Number (PIN) 3. Internet Access
Click on “sign in” at the top right-hand corner of the page.
Select your library
Type in your PIN
Type in your Library card number Click the “sign in” button.
1. Keyword Searching 1. Advanced 2. Simple 2. Browsing 1. New 2. Recently Returned 3. Subject 4. Format
Find out what kind of eBooks you can check out here: http://www.overdrive.com/resources/drc/
What you need to transfer eBooks to a Computer 1. 2.
Wireless or Wired internet Overdrive Media Console OR Adobe Digital Editions OR Adobe Flash (depending on what you want to access)
What you need to transfer eBooks to a Kindle 1. Kindle 2. A computer, phone, or tablet that can access the internet 3. Wireless Internet 4. Amazon Account
What you need to transfer eBooks to a Nook 1. Nook 2. A computer, phone, or tablet that can access the internet 3. Wireless or wired Internet 4. Adobe Digital Editions 5. Barnes and Noble Account
What you need to transfer eBooks to a Phone 1. 2.
3G or wireless Overdrive Media Console
1. Log into Amazon 2. Make sure your kindle is linked to this Amazon Account 3. Log into your Indiana Digital Media Account 4. Click on Search 5. Limit the Format to Kindle 6. Click on â€œadd to cartâ€? to the right of the Kindle icon
7. Click on the “Proceed to Checkout” link 8. Select lending period of 7 or 14 days 9. Click on the “Confirm Check Out” button
10.Click Get library card button
1. Click on the link “add to cart”. 2. Click on the link “proceed to Checkout”.
3. Select lending period 4. Click on the “confirm check out” button 5. Click on the “download” button 6. Depending on your browser (FF, IE, Chrome) you can save then open or just open the file with Adobe Digital Editions
7. Click “Ok” if ADE asks if you should resume pending tasks
Wait for ADE to finish downloading the eBook
8. Drag and drop the title you want to transfer into the Bookshelf labelled â€œnookâ€?
You know your title transferred if you click on your “nook” bookshelf and the title shows.
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8.
Open the app market on your phone Search for Overdrive Install the Overdrive Media Console Open the Overdrive Media Console Select your Library Browse for books Download titles Enjoy!