Photoshop step by step for Music Magazine Front Cover
1) Take a photograph in a suitable area for your type of magazine, the model should also match the genre of magazine. Upload this photograph onto Photoshop.
2) Edit the photograph to the size you want it to be and then change the colouring and effects to improve any flaws. For this, I mainly used curves and brightness/contrast. This is found by clicking on image, then on adjustments.
3) New layer, then I added a skyline to the magazine cover, I did this by choosing the marquee tool and then selecting the rectangular option, drag it over the area you want to be the skyline and then right click and press fill to colour in, over this skyline create a textbox and right the contents you want. 4) New layer, then to add the bottom cover line, I carried out the same procedure needed for the skyline, using the marquee tool and the textbox, these features are appealing on a front cover and lets the page hold and show as much information as possible.
5) New layer, I then selected the text tool and made my masthead for the magazine, I used a different font for the masthead to everything else so that it’s not all repetitive and the masthead stands out more.
6) New layer, I then selected the text tool and wrote my pull quote. I tried lots of different colours to try and go with the whole front cover.
7) New layer, I then copied and pasted a barcode and rotated onto the side of the masthead. New layer, I then created a textbox and put the price, month and issue. Flatten Layers.
Published on Mar 2, 2010