CV Salford Art Gallery Restaurant Orange Desk Design Model Making Examples Home Hub Project Hand Drawn NoChintz
Kristina Mann 19 Dinting Vale Glossop Derbyshire SK13 6NY Mobile: 07773001097 Email: email@example.com DOB: 12/09/1982 Nationality: British
I am passionate about design and creativity, how they can make a significant difference in lives of people and their environments. I believe that good design can be achieved through economical means. I love to express my creativity in many different ways and I am always looking for inspiration to unlock fresh creative designs. I am self-motivated and when given a task, I will always try my best to fulfil the set requirements to the best of my ability. I work well in a team environment and I am looking to increase my knowledge and experience in the Interior Design field by becoming an established design team for a 6-week work experience placement.
Education and Qualifications
Current 2008-2011 2008 2007 1999-2001 (C) 1994-1999
University of Salford 2nd Year, Interior Design BA NOCN Level 3 Diploma in Art and Design (Interior Design) UKA Street Dance Qualification Blue Coat 6th Form, Oldham: A levels Art (B), Geography (B), Physics (B), General Studies (B), Maths Blue Coat School, Oldham GCSEâ€™s 10 GCSEâ€™s Art (A*)
NoChintz Interior Design Company: 20010
I worked for the company NoChintz for a period of seven months. This placement gave me valuable experience in industry and enabled me to work within a design team setting. I assisted designers helping with visualisations, drafting and concept ideas whilst learning the practical side of interior design ordering samples and working out costing sheets. This placement developed my confidence as a designer. Contact: Sanjay Prasad Interior Designer 0161 236 1412
House Rebuild: 2009-present
I was commissioned to help design the Interior of a listed building that was damaged by a house fire. This has involved designing lighting schemes and radiator plans and defining the functions of each space so to design the room layout accordingly. Along with the client, we aim to restore the building whilst introducing modern features such as under floor heating. Contact: Joan Thomason 07941235301
N-Gage Charity: 2008
I volunteered for a charity called N-gage working with young people who were on the verge of expulsion in schools. I used my creative gifting in dance and music to encourage and teach these young people about self worth, the consequences of their actions and that they have a choice in life. Christie: Spurling N-gage Director 07976514031
Street Dance Class: 2008
I set up my own street dance class in my local town to raise funds for living costs and provide a place for the young people of Glossop to go to. I learned how to advertise effectively.
2002-2007- I worked for local charity Innervation Trust as a Choreographer. I spent three years in Liverpool as part of a schools pop band and a further three years in Manchester teaching street dance, leading teams and performing as a backing dancer. Contact: Mark Pennells Innervation Trust Director 0161 485 7714
Interests and Activities
I love walking, skiing and generally being outdoors. I am an active member of a church in Didsbury where I help out with the youth group and sing as part of a band. I love to dance and as a singer song writer I have organised various performances, showcasing my material. Recently I arranged a fundraising event to raise money for my trip to Uganda. I am part of a charity called Child life line which supports children in Soroti enabling them to have food, shelter and a good education. I love being creative in drawing and craftwork along with writing poetry.
I have comprehensive ITC skills and verbal communication skills. During University study I have developed several CAD skills on AutoCAD 2005/2010, SketchUp 3D design, and basic skills on AutoCAD 3d Max and Adobe Photoshop. I have continued to develop hand drawing skills using a range of materials to create different perspectives for design ideas I want to convey. I am also competent in a workshop environment having created various scale models to further show my designs. Studying Interior Design has developed awareness and understanding of the built environment around me. I am learning to analyse space to produce intelligent and creative design solutions which is in turn developing my confidence as an Interior Designer.
Referees Andrew Wilkins Lecturer University of Salford Adelphi Campus Salford-Greater Manchester 0161 295 6153
Christie Spurling Director of N-Gage Charity 6 Barlow Moor Road Didsbury Manchester M20 6TR 07976514031
Salford Art Gallery Restaurant
Brief: To redesign the restaurant in Salford Art Gallery. Concept: History of the canals in the Salford area, theme taken from ships using rope and granite.
1. Sectionl Perspective of new insertion for restaurant. 2. Front elevation of the Salford Art Gallery and Museum. 3. 3D Model of proposal. 2
4. Interior visual.
Salford Art Gallery Restaurant
5. Plan of Ground floor showing the new insertion. 6. Sectional perspective. 7. 3D Model of proposal. 8. Section showing the levels of the mezzanine level. 5
Orange Desk Design
Brief: To design a reception desk for Orange head office. Â
Concept: Using the Orange logo to front design. The fluid form wraps a traditional desk mixing old and new.
9. Front view of the desk 10. Axon view of the desk showing how the arms wrap around. 11. 3D view of desk. 9
12. 3D view of desk. Â
Orange Desk Design
9. Technical layout for proposed desk structure.
Model Making Examples
14. Model of proposed Folly. 15. Model of proposed Folly. 16. Interior model: calm. 17. Interior model: disturbed. 14
Home Hub Project
Brief: To design something that will aid problems the elderly face when getting older. Concept: Problem: Isolation from family Solution: Reuinte, interact, social inclusion.
18. Concept model for the Home Hub solution. 19. Sectional perspective of the interior of the Home Hub area. 20. View of the Exterior. 18
21. Internal view showing how the space can be adapted.
Home Hub Project
22. The newly inserted ground floor wet room. 23. Plan showing how the wet room operates as a shower room. 24. View showing the wet room converted into a bathing area. 22
25. Plan of bathing area.
26. Handdrawn window treatment. 27. Hand drawn window treatment 2 28. Plan of proposed room 29. Plan of proposed room 2 26
30. Charcoal human figure 31. Acrylic face 32. Pen and ink drawing 33. Multimedia
Various projects I worked on whilst on placement at NoChintz Interior Design Company
34. Chips office visualisation 35. Chips Building, Manchester 36. Chips office internal view 37. Visual showing the new chipboard insertion. 34
38. The Hive project 39. Design for VW Campervan 40. Office visualisation 41. Home office design