PRSRT STD U.S. POSTAGE
PAID KATY, TX. PERMIT #137
Offical Newsletter published by Krenek Printing, Co
November 2011 ANNUAL ASSESSMENTS!! It’s almost that time of year again. Here is the schedule for the collection of the Association’s Assessments: November 30th: Initial invoices are mailed out by the end of November. Please make sure the management company has your correct mailing address. January 1st: The Assessment is due on January 1st every year. January 31st: Unpaid Assessments become delinquent. February 1st: Late fees and interest begin and Late Notices are mailed out for all delinquent accounts. March 1st: A Warning Letter is mailed out on all delinquent accounts. April 1st: A Final Notice is mailed (via certified mail) on all delinquent accounts. There is a $35 charge to the delinquent account at this time. May 1st: If payment still has not been received or a payment plan has not been entered, delinquent accounts are sent to the Attorney at this time. The Attorney can file a lien and all legal fees will be billed back to the delinquent account. Payment Options: If you are unable to make payment in full, please contact KPM Management so that you can make payment arrangements. You will still pay interest on the unpaid balance, but you will not be sent to the attorney. Statements will be mailed the first of every month for accounts making payments.
Quite a few homeowners have started making monthly payments ahead of time, so that when the assessment becomes due they are already paid. Methods of payment: CHECK OR MONEY ORDER: Cash is not accepted. Please make payment with check or money order made payable to your community. ONLINE: You can now make payments online using Visa, MasterCard, Discover or with a checking account. There is a service fee of $14.95 for one time payments or $2 per transaction if you set up recurring payments. Go to www.KPMCommunities.com.
Scoop your pet’s poop
Please remember to be respectful of your neighbors’ yards and the community grounds. When you take your pet for a walk, come prepared with a scooper and a recycled grocery bag or anything else. If your pet poops during your walk, please scoop and trash. It may not be the most fabulous way to walk your pet, but it does show that you respect your fellow neighbors’ and our beautiful community.
Stop That Barking! Dogs left alone all day get lonely, bored and restless. Many find relief in barking. Some respond noisily to any and all activity. Nothing is as annoying as incessant barking-even for dog lovers. If your dog is a yapper or a yowler, please consider some of these bark-abatement ideas to keep the noise down in your area. Your neighbors will thank you! • Training. Always the first recommendation for any behavioral problem! Training not only helps your dog, you’ll be surprised how much it helps you, too. You may get some insight into why your dog barks so much, or what it is trying to communicate. • Citronella collars. A humane alternative to the electric-shock, anti-barking collar and costs about the same.
Be Thankful, Happy Thanksgiving! 1
Published by: Krenek Printing 7102 Glen Chase Ct • Houston, TX 77095 • 281-463-8649 Woodcreek Reserve November 2011 email: email@example.com for articles • firstname.lastname@example.org for business ads • classiﬁed@krenekprinting.com for classiﬁed ads
• Confinement. Sometimes simply bringing an outspoken dog indoors or confining it to a crate cuts down on the disturbance to neighbors. • For inside dogs, reduce stimulus. Close drapes to help muffle street noise, or leave a radio on to mask it. • Companionship. Dogs are pack animals; they need companionship-a cat, bird or another dog. Consider a mid-day visit from a pet-sitting service or drop your pooch off at a friend’s place or a day-care facility once or twice a week.
Reminders Reminder that trash cans are to be stored out of public view, except for on designated trash days. This helps keep the community looking good.
Katy Animal Control Katy Animal Control works in conjunction with the Katy Police Department enforcing City and State laws. Lost pets are kept in a 3,000 sq. ft. temperature controlled, state-inspected building. The Katy Animal Shelter does not adopt out animals, therefore, it is extremely important that pets are licensed and vaccinated at six months of age. The department strives to make the licensing process as convenient as possible and can be scheduled by calling the shelter at 281-391-4740 or email dbrown@ katypd.com. The shelter is open Monday through Friday, 8 AM to 5 PM and can be reached at 281-391-4740 (all calls are logged and returned, so please leave a message). For after hour emergencies, please call the Katy Police Department at 281-391-4848. It is unlawful to dump animals at the shelter. Dogs and/or cats are not allowed to run at large on private property and must wear collar and tags at all times.
Any person or entity raising, keeping and maintaining livestock and/or fowl on tracts of land larger than one acre shall obtain an annual permit from the city, except that no permit is required for single tracts of land larger than five acres. Live animal traps are available with a deposit and signed contract. PLEASE NOTE: This information applies only to the incorporated city limits of Katy. For lost pets in the areas of Fry Road, Mason Road, Grand Parkway, please contact the county animal shelters (Harris County 281-999-3191; Fort Bend County 281-342-1512; Waller County 979-826-8033) or contact Special Pals at 281-579-7387 (www.specialpalsshelter.org) or Citizens for Animal Protection at 281-497-0591 (www.cap4pets.org). For more information visit Animal Control Ordinance: www.cityofkaty.com/departments/animal-control
Please remember that fireworks are prohibited in the City of Katy.
GATE ACCESS CARD
For access to your community pool and tennis courts, please fill out the included form request. Return completed form to KPM Management for processing.
We need residents to help and get involved with the new community newsletter! We welcome your suggestions, recommendations, and information. Contact Amy at 281-685-3090 or email@example.com.
Please remember to care for your yard. A well maintained yard is not only pleasing to the eye, but also helps keep our neighborhood values up.
WOODCREEK RESERVE YAHOO GROUP
WoodCreek Reserve has a Yahoo Group. Please join! The name of the group is http://groups.yahoo.com/group/woodcreekreserve. You can also contact Gail Donahue at firstname.lastname@example.org for an invitation.
Pool & Tennis Courts
Swimming pool hours: Tuesday – Sunday, 9:00 AM thru 10:00 PM Monday – Closed for cleaning (unless Monday is a holiday, then it will be closed the following Tuesday) No lifeguards are on duty, swim at your own risk. Tennis Courts: Everyday – 5:00 AM thru 11:00 PM For access to the pool and tennis courts, please fill out the request and submit your completed form to KPM Management. ALL ASSESSMENTS MUST BE PAID IN FULL.
home improvement request’s HIR’s
If you are planning to make improvements to your property, such as build a pool, paint your house, or any other exterior modifications, please submit an HIR (Home Improvement Request) to KPM Management. You may contact KPM Management at 281-685-3090 or via -mail at email@example.com. Send your HIR along with all the necessary information to KPM Management. After your request is received, you will receive an approval or denial letter. Please do not begin a project until you have received approval.
WOODCREEK RESERVE TEENAGE JOB SEEKERS
(Revised 8/11) If your name was left off the list, it is because you did not return our call to update our records. You will have to resubmit your information to be put back on the list. If you are between 12 and 18 and would like to be added to the teenage job seeker’s list, please, fill out the form in the newsletter with your name, age, birthdate (mon. & yr.), phone number, year you will graduate (or grade presently in) and the name of your subdivision. Check off list of jobs on your form. Mail to Krenek Printing, 7102 Glen Chase Ct., Houston, TX 77095, email to news@ krenekprinting.com. Mandy Hellwig - B, PP Megan Hellwig - B, PP Kaylee Jo Bruggeman - B, H, PP, SS Kye Bruggeman - PP
15 13 17 13
281-900-6627 281-395-6800 574-309-1941 574-339-0941
TEENAGE JOB SEEKERS-WOODCREEK RESERVE Please place my name on the Job Seekers List
(Students must be 12 before they can be added to the babysitting list.) Please fill in all information Job(s) _________________________________ q B -Babysitting Name _________________________________ q SS -Safe Sitter
q SL -Swim Lessons
Street _________________________________ q CPR -CPR Certified Email _________________________________ Birthdate - Mo/Yr_________________________ Age ______ Yr HS Grad________ or Gr ________ Phone _________________________________ Subd__________________________________
q q q q q q q q
FAC -First Aid Cert. RCC -Red Cross Cert. P -Pet Care (only) PP -Pet/Plant Sitter H -Housecare L -Lawncare T -Tutor C -Car Detailing
I give my permission for my child’s name and phone number to be published in the ‘Teenage Job Seekers’ section of our subdivision newsletter.
Serving Katy, Fort Bend and Surrounding Areas... With Quality For Over 49 Years • Maintenance • Repairs • Renovations • Acid Washing • Re-Plastering • Re-Coping • Filters • Pumps • Heaters • Automatic Cleaners • APSP Registered & Certified Techs
Factory Warranty Service for Pentair
Parent Signature ____________________________________________________
www.krenekprinting.com Mail to: Krenek Printing Co. 7102 Glen Chase Ct., Houston, TX 77095 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Weekly Pool Cleaning Service • Repairs • Renovations
281-395-4269 Woodcreek Reserve
Streetlight not working?
If you happen to notice streetlights that may not be burning or the pole is leaning, you can contact CenterPoint Energy directly at their customer service department at 713-207-2222. The information you will need prior to contacting them is the actual pole number (a six-digit number that is located on the pole itself) and the address nearest to that particular pole. You can also report on the web @ http://cnp.centerpointenergy.com/outage.
Don’t forget to put your WoodCreek Reserve Vehicle Identification Stickers on your vehicles! If you don’t have stickers you can request them from KPM Management. Please make sure to put on your vehicle when you get them!
KATY HIGH SCHOOL
KAty High School Choir Katy High School Choir started its busy year with the Katy High School Football opener against Northshore by singing our National Anthem. Our Tigers brought home the WIN! The Choir and Theatre students also presented the children’s musical HONK on October 20th, 21st, & 22nd at the Katy High School PAC.
KATY INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT www.katyisd.org IMPORTANT dates
Nov. 4th – Early Dismissal (secondary 11:35 AM; elementary 12:40 PM); End of Grading Period Nov. 7th – 3rd Grading Period Begins Nov. 23rd – 25th – Thanksgiving Holiday Dec. 16th – Early Dismissal (secondary 11:35 AM; elementary 12:40 PM); End of Grading Period Dec. 19th – 30th – Student Holiday
KISD PARTNERS IN EDUCATION Now – Dec 1st – Food for Families Campaign. Annual fundraiser assisting Katy ISD students and their families. Nov. 7th-11th – Promise to Read. Volunteers from Katy’s business community share their love of reading to elementary classrooms.
KEYS Mentoring One mentor, one student, one hour per week. KEYS brings adult role models into Katy ISD schools to motivate, encourage and inspire students on the brink of success. Mentors meet with their student on campus at a pre-designated time each week. As mentor and student build their relationship, they decide together how to spend their mentoring time. Whether spent playing games, reading or just talking, that one hour a week makes a tremendous difference in the life of a child.
To be a KEYS Mentor, you need: • A belief in the potential of every child • Criminal history background check in compliance with the FCRA • One hour per week to spend with a child, on campus during the school day, during the school year • Participation in a brief campus KEYS orientation before you begin • Successful completion of a KEYS application and subsequent approval process
Students Continue the Tradition of Strong Performance on AP Exams Katy ISD’s tradition of increasing student participation and strong performance on Advanced Placement (AP) exams continues as the district recently learned that each one of its six high school campuses showed an increase in the number of students participating in the exams. In addition, every high school campus exceeded the state and national percentage of AP students making a qualifying score of 3 or better on the exams. Katy ISD is among the 388 U.S. public school districts (one of only 23 in Texas) to be listed on the 2011 College Board AP Achievement List. This list identifies districts that simultaneously achieved increases in access to AP courses while maintaining or improving the rate of students earning a score of 3 or better on the exams – the score that generally qualifies a student for college credit. In May 2011, more than 3,000 Katy ISD students took more than 7,200 AP exams, with 79 percent of the exams earning a score of 3 or better. This reflects a 24 percent increase from 2010 in the number of exams earning these high scores. Advanced Placement and PreAP courses are designed to challenge students beyond grade level academic courses and prepare them for success in future advanced coursework. Katy ISD recognizes that support and encouragement from the campus, the teacher, and parents are critical to student success. Therefore, the district follows an inclusive enrollment model for AP and PreAP courses that provides support systems for student success.
School has started.
Dr. Pavlovich will help your child succeed!
Tutoring, Homework Relief, Study Skills, and Test Prep Holiday SAT classes begin Dec. 19. Enrollment is limited. Sign up NOW!!
We’re in the Neighborhood! Katy Scholars has moved to the Villagio Center!
281-693-4350 • katyscholars.com Woodcreek Reserve
Iva’s Clean & Shine Housecleaning Service Serving all your Home & Office Cleaning Needs • Reasonable Rates • High Quality Work • Free Estimates • Bonded
GARAGE SALES WESTHEIMER LAKES AND WESTHEIMER LAKES NORTH COMMUNITY GARAGE SALE Our residents have cleaned out their closets and can’t wait for you to stop by on Saturday, November 5th from 7 AM - 12 Noon! You’ll find treasures galore in our community-wide garage sale! Residents will be selling their items right out of their garages. For a map and list of items being sold, don’t forget to stop by SplashPad Texas (located in the Westheimer Lakes section - 26103 Canyon Fields Drive, Richmond 77406, 832-222-2355) on the day of the sale. Don’t miss out!
Creek Bend Estates Community Garage Sale November 5, 2011 - Creek Bend Estates Community Garage Sale. Creek Bend Estates is off Fry. Rd. near Morton Rd.
Your First Cleaning “We aren’t happy until you are”
West campus of Second Baptist Church Celebrations Christmas Market
Amaya Garage Doors Does your garage door need service? We can help!
• We Offer Service for Most Models
• Replace / Repair Operator, Broken Spring, Cables, Tracks, Section and Hardware • Yearly Tune-Up
• Hurricane Bracing rs
Se Habla Espanol
Call about November Specials! Cell
e y w r
The CELEBRATIONS CHRISTMAS MARKET is one of the most anticipated and highly attended events in the West Houston area. The market will be open a full three days on November 3rd - 9 AM - 7 PM, November 4th - 9 AM - 5 PM and November 5th - 9 AM - 5 PM. CELEBRATIONS attracts vendors from several states. Hand crafted pieces, Christmas collectables, and one-of-a-kind gifts make this event an annual tradition for our community. With more than 100 vendors, on-going entertainment, vendors to purchase lunch from, this holiday shopping is truly an exhilarating experience! The West campus of Second Baptist Church is located between Fry and Greenhouse Roads. You may enter the campus from either Kingsland Drive or the feeder road of the Katy Freeway. For more information, please check our website at www.second.org or call 713-365-3081.
NORWEGIAN CHRISTMAS BAZAAR Friday, Nov. 11th (11 AM - 5 PM), Saturday, Nov. 12th (10 AM - 4 PM) Sunday, Nov. 13th (12 PM - 4 PM). Norwegian Seamen’s Church, 4309 Young Street, Pasadena. Take a trip to Norway in Houston! Unique holiday gifts such as handmade embroideries, Scandinavian crafts, trolls, Nisser, Swedish linens, Norwegian jewelry and dolls. Great Raffle prizes, including 2 round trip tickets on SAS to Norway!! Silent Auction. Demonstrations in Norwegian wood-carving and folk dancing. Visit our bakery selling Norwegian specialty cookies and breads. Wide selection of Scandinavian foods for sale. Take time for lunch in our cafeteria serving “open-faced” sandwiches and cream cakes. For more info., call 281-998-8366.
2011 Deerfield Christmas Bazaar and Market We’re celebrating our 33rd Deerfield Christmas Bazaar and Market on November 4th and 5th. We are one of the highly selected bazaars in the area, known for our outstanding quality workmanship. Our merchandize includes lots of Thanksgiving and Christmas décor, Christmas ornaments, scenic paintings, sparkling stain glass, wood design pens, designer children’s clothes, scarves, flip flops, purses, gorgeous jewelry and delicious baked goods and jellies.
Full Service Auto Repair RV Repair High Performance “We may not be the only shop in town, but you can depend on us like we are.” 6103 Hwy. Blvd., Katy, TX 77494
www.bumberas.com Holy Covenant United Methodist Church
22 nd Annual Heartwarming Craft Show Saturday November 12th, 9 am-4 pm 22111 Morton Road, Katy Over 68 artisans featuring a variety of handmade items Sandwich Shoppe and Tea Room with homemade baked items Silent Auction Baskets Proceeds support local missions Free Admission For more information, call 281-579-1200 or www.holycov.org
Katy Area Parents of Multiples (KAPOM) Holiday Hop Katy Area Parents of Multiples (KAPOM) will be holding their Holiday Hop vendor night and raffle on Monday, November 14th from 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm. The sale will be located at Crosspoint Church, 700 S. Westgreen Blvd. (at the corner of Kingsland and Westgreen). Vendors from all over Houston will provide shoppers with ideas for gift giving with their exceptional selection of merchandise, unique gifts, books, jewelry, fashion accessories and more. You will be able to find items for every member of your family, so make plans to attend this event. You just might be able to finish your holiday shopping in one night!
Newcomers and Neighbors of Greater Houston HOLIDAY BAZAAR Newcomers and Neighbors of Greater Houston would like to welcome you to their HOLIDAY BAZAAR on Wednesday, November 16th at the Lakeside Country Club, 100 Wilcrest off I-10. The Bazaar will be held from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM.
Reserve your place and join us for a buffet lunch for $25 or just come and Shop for $5 at the door. Vendors, Raffle and Door prizes galore! Reservations and checks must be in by Wednesday, November 9th sent to: Jeanne Fahrenholt, 11805 Meadowglen Lane #1179, Houston, TX 77082, 281-556-0749. Join the spirit and the fun of the holidays. Check us out on our Webpage - NNGH.org.
Home for the Holidays Christmas Gift Market Katy Merrell Center - Over 175 Booths! November 18-20, 2011 Friday 5-9 PM • Saturday 10 AM-6 PM • Sunday 11 AM-4 PM
First Congregational Church’s 17 th Annual Pilgrim Festival We are currently taking applications for craft vendors of handmade by vendor only crafts. This is our 17th year for our unique festival. The date is Saturday, November 19, 2011 from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm. No admission fee; crafts, games and food. We have inside and outside space available. If interested in an application or for more information, contact Sue Earl at email@example.com. We are located in the Hunters Creek Village at 10840 Beinhorn Rd. (I-10, exit Bingle/Voss).
Ladies Night Out The Shoppes’ at Brookwood 1752 FM 1489, Brookshire, TX 77423 Tuesday, November 29th From 5:00 - 8:00 pm Please join us for a Special Night of Christmas Shopping appetizers, food tastings, door prizes and more!! Revenues will help Brookwood operate independently of government subsidies and to help give innovative, educational and vocational opportunities for close to 200 adults with disabilities.
Achieve with exper tise Katy’s most advanced inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation. At Memorial Hermann Rehabilitation Hospital-Katy, we offer a comprehensive range of rehabilitative care. Our inpatient rehabilitation program features 35 private rooms, specially designed for patients recovering from stroke, neurological disorders, complex orthopedic conditions and more. And our outpatient care includes advanced physical, occupational and speech therapy, including presurgical therapy, The McKenzie Method® to treat back, neck and extremity problems and VitalStim® dysphagia (swallowing) therapy. For more information or to tour our facility, please call 281.579.5555.
21720 Kingsland Blvd., Suite 102 Katy, TX 77450 281.579.5555 memorialhermann.org
Behlmann Law Firm, LP Estate Planning & Asset Protection
• • • • • • • •
Living Trusts, Wills & Probate Medicaid & VA Planning, “Miller Trusts”, Elderlaw Powers of Attorney & Health Care Directives IRA & Tax Planning, IRA Trusts Family Limited Partnerships & LLC’s Business Formation & Planning Special Needs Planning Board Certified in Estate Planning & Probate Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization
Free Initial Consultation Evening & Saturday Appointments
Richard Behlmann Attorney Author of “The Five Biggest Mistakes in Estate Planning”
21218 Kingsland Blvd., Katy, Texas 77450 Epiphany of the Lord Frostyfest Craft Show To help raise funds for a local charitable organization, join Frostyfest on Sat., Dec. 3rd as a craft vendor. Call 281-578-0707 for more info. Come and shop at our wonderful Craft Fair filled with booths with beautiful handmade items from local crafters. Bake sale, silent auctions all day and food court. Located at 1530 Norwalk Drive, Katy (South of I-10 off of Highland Knolls between Fry Road and Westgreen Blvd.).
The Seven Lakes High School PTSA Presents The Spartan Showcase Of Holiday Homes!
Tour a variety of stately homes beautifully decorated for the holidays. Thursday, December 8th and Friday, December 9th 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM Tickets: $12 In Advance $15 At The Door Advanced Ticket Sales Start November 21, 2011 at Seven Lakes High School 9251 S. Fry Road, Katy, TX 77494, 281-237-2800 SLHS PTA Website - www.sevenlakesptsa.com and Ace Hardware Cinco Ranch 1720 S. Mason Rd. Katy, TX 77450, 281-392-5200 For more information or questions: Wendy Szczechowski at firstname.lastname@example.org Stacey Zudock at email@example.com
GREEN LEAF TREE SERVICE • TREE TRIMMING • TREE PRUNING • TREE REMOVAL • STUMP GRINDING • TREE PLANTING • PALM TREE PRUNING • LANDSCAPE RENOVATION • MULCHING • SEASONAL COLOR • HARDSCAPES • WATER FEATURES
Free Estimates Fully Insured
RESIDENTIAL / COMMERCIAL
NU-LOOK PAINTING & REMODELING “It’s not just a job, it’s your home!”
• Painting • Roofing • Drywall • Remodeling • Siding (All Types) • Patio Covers / Pergolas • General Repairs • Room Additions 94 Joe Edgerly e 19 Sinc Insu r nulookconstructionandpaint.com ed
Happy Holidays! 9
Holy Covenant United Methodist Church Fall Festival and Trunk or Treat Sunday, October 30th, 4:00-6:00 pm 22111 Morton Road, Katy Come enjoy games, food, moonwalks, prizes, candy and fun! For more information, please call: 281-579-1200 or www.holycov.org Free Admission *Don’t forget to wear your costume!
GOLF TOURNAMENTS Birdies for the Brave golf tournament Supporting Wounded Veterans and Their Families For the fourth straight year the Katy Community is privileged to host the Birdies for the Brave Golf Tournament at Meadowbrook Farms and the Gala at Safari Texas. The Gala will be Saturday evening, Nov. 5th and the golf tournament is Sunday, Nov. 6th. All proceeds go to a variety of charities that serve veterans and their families. There are many opportunities for Katy residents and businesses to contribute and participate in the many inspiring activities of the event. For further information, contact Dayna Gurley at Meadowbrook Farms 281-693-4653, x218 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
FUNDRAISERS YMCA Turkey Dash November 24 , 5K, Kids 1-Mile Race & 1-Mile Family Walk/Run on Thanksgiving Day. Awards, door prizes, post race party with a live band, complimentary refreshments, kids fun zone, games and more! To find out more details or to register, visit www.ymcaturkeydash.org. 281-392-5055. th
THEATER/ARTS Houston Family Arts Center
Performances are at Houston Family Arts Center Garza Main Stage, 10760 Grant Road, Houston, TX 77070. 2011-2012 Mainstage Season: The Sound of Music (Nov. 25 - Dec 18, 2011 on the Garza Main Stage) A Lesson Before Dying (Jan. 20 - Feb. 5, 2012 on the Garza Main Stage) Seussical the Musical (Feb. 24 - Mar. 11, 2012 at the Berry Center) The 39 Steps (Apr. 13-29, 2012 on the Garza Main Stage) The Fantasticks (Through - June 10, 2012 on the Garza Main Stage Guys and Dolls (July 13-29, 2012 TAG production at the Berry Center) Season tickets are now on sale. For the best seating and lowest prices become a season ticket holder. The HFAC season package is arranged so that any six or more shows constitute a package and patrons get to pick which 6, 7 or 8! Patrons can select their seats online at www. houstonfac.com or call the HFAC box office at 281-685-6374. GO TO http://www.houstonfac.com/id6.html for more information or to request an audition appointment.
NATURE PROGRAMS FOR PRESCHOOL-AGED CHILDREN Enjoy the outdoors with your child, age 2 1/2 to 5, at Audubon nature programs (called the “Titmouse Club”) offered every Tuesday and Wednesday morning, 10:00 to 11:00 AM, from mid-September through mid-May at the Edith L. Moore Nature Sanctuary, 440 Wilchester Boulevard. The programs feature fun nature talks, stories, crafts, hands-on activities and walks in the woods. The cost is $5 per child or a 5-session card can be purchased for $20. The child must be accompanied by an adult during the program. For more information, please visit www.houstonaudubon.org or contact email@example.com or 713-464-4900.
Upcoming programs include: November 1st & 2nd: Gardening for Kids November 8th & 9th: Terrific Trees November 15th & 16th: American Indians November 22nd & 23rd: no program - Thanksgiving break November 29th & 30th: Animal Homes December December December December
6th & 7th: Geology Rocks! 13th & 14th: Christmas in the Woods 20th & 21st: no program - Winter break 27th & 28th: no program - Winter break
Explore the World Without Leaving Home! Host an international exchange student through AYUSA International. Learn the true heart and soul of a culture! AYUSA International is a non-profit high school foreign exchange student organization. We welcome teenagers from over 60 countries worldwide and provide host family placement and ongoing supervision for 5 and 10-month academic programs. These exceptional young people look forward to a warm bond of friendship with your family and a rewarding cultural exchange. Host families are asked to provide meals and a bedroom either shared or private. Students pay for all other personal expenses while in the U.S. Students for the new school year will need placement by the end of May at the latest. All across the world, AYUSA students are eagerly awaiting their host family placement. Please call today and begin the adventure of a lifetime! Call 1-888-552-9872 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FREDDY’S PAINTING www.freddyspainting.net
• Exterior & Interior Paint • Faux Finish/Color Assessment • Hardiplank Installation • Wood Replacement • Siding Replacement & Repair • Sheetrock Repair & Retexturing
Insured & Bonded
e y r w
25 Years Experience • Work Guaranteed • Free Estimates
COMPUTER REPAIR Free Diagnostics
Se Habla Espanol
5423 East Fifth Street
SPORTS Katy YMCA Programs Register now for YMCA Winter Sports Leagues. Contact the Y for details at 281-392-5055 or ymcahouston.org. Low fees! Scholarships available. NFL Flag Football – ages 6-12 Basketball – Ages 3-18 Volleyball – Ages 12-18 Cheerleading – Ages 5-11 Drill/Dance Team – Ages 12-15 Winter Swim Lesson registration is going on now. Weekday morning, evening and Saturday sessions available. Private lessons also offered. Scholarships available.
CINCO BOYS LACROSSE Based in Katy, Cinco Lacrosse strives to be the best of the best in lacrosse, both in sportsmanship and in skill. We play in Division I of the boys Texas High School Lacrosse League and compete against many nearby teams and also in various tournaments in the Houston area under the leadership of our professional coaching staff. If you attend Cinco Ranch, Seven Lakes or Pope John XXII high schools, you are eligible to join our team. Please see our website, www.cincoranchlacrosse.org to register or for more information.
CONGRATULATIONS TO NEW BLACK BELTS, TIGER CUBS & INSTRUCTORS!
The Katy TaeKwonDo Academy is pleased to announce its newest class of Tiger Cub graduates, black belt students reaching new milestones and instructors who each passed testing requirements for their next rank level during the August rank exam.
Congratulations to these students who have earned their First Degree Level 1 “Probationary” Black Belt: Bryce Amos, Jordan Huggins, Noah Lightsey, Angelica Murray, Brian Nguyen, Trey Reardon, Caroline Rush, Zachary Sumrall and George Wayne Theodoroulis. Congratulations to these students who have earned their First Degree Level 2 “Decided” Black Belt: Grayson Beall, Jean-Marc Boyce, Anthony Gaona, Noah Lerma, William Luke, Meghan Masson, Shreya Mehta, Gabriel Murray, Jack Reardon and Autumn Thompson. Congratulations to the following students for earning their Second Degree Black Belts: Kirsten Madina and Dawson Seago. The following students earned their Third Degree Black Belts: Brandon Komplin, Jai Manning-Shaw, Jacob Roopchand and Natalie Russo. The Katy TaeKwonDo Academy is also pleased to announce these dedicated students who passed testing requirements during the instructor exam to earn tiered instructor status. Congratulations, Max Conway, Noah Lightsey and Diego Velaochaga on becoming Level 1 instructors! Congratulations, William Luke and Catherine Weldon on becoming Level 2 instructors! Congratulations to the following students who graduated from the Tiger Cubs program into the Junior program: Ethan Barker, Alexa Gaona and Nathan Koons.
i9 Sports Registration is now open for winter Flag Football, Basketball, Soccer and Cheerleading leagues in Katy for kids ages 3-14! We focus on fun, skills and sportsmanship with a commitment to safety. Sign up for the winter season by Wednesday, November 16th to save $10 (regular registration continues through Friday, December 16th). For more information, please visit www.i9sports.com or call 281-398-PLAY (7529).
Katy Bowling Mom’s Night Out Do you enjoy bowling and making new friends? We will meet on the 3rd Thursday of each month, at 7:00 at Ten Pins Bowl, 19936 Saums Rd. Discount bowling and drinks. RSVP, Nataly at email@example.com.
Katy Rugby Club Fun for all the family. All ages welcome - boys & girls. Training every Sunday 2-4 PM, at Beck Junior High school Football Field. For more information, visit www.katyrugbyclub.com.
LADY SHARKS WOMEN’S GOLF ASSOCIATION (WGA) The Lady Sharks WGA are inviting new members to join our Thursday morning play day at Meadowbrook Farms Golf Club. Our purpose is to promote women’s golf and fellowship among our members while enhancing the understanding of The Rules of Golf and improving play. For more information, contact Edna Hemingway at 281-579-7621, firstname.lastname@example.org or Michele Hurlburt at 281-398-7696, email@example.com.
ATTENTION LADY GOLFERS Please join us for a different golf outing every Wednesday morning. We are a small, fun group playing mostly around the west Houston area. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call Nancy at 281-550-2043.
Katy Valkyries Girls’ Lacrosse The Katy Valkyries, a girls’ lacrosse league in the Katy area, is recruiting middle and high school girls to play in competition. Contact Liz Jones at 281 578-8439 or read more about the league on our website, www.katyvalkyries.com.
Women’s Basketball League Looking for as many ladies as possible to play. Ages 16+. Contact Krystal Horn for more information at email@example.com.
Katy family ymca volleyball
POOLS, HARDSCAPES & LANDSCAPES • NEW POOL CONSTRUCTION • • POOL REMODELS & REPAIRS •
Katy Family YMCA has open volleyball for Y members on Tuesday and Thursday nights for adults only, from 8:00-10:00 PM. If you know the rules and can enjoy volleyball, please join us.
• LANDSCAPE DESIGN & INSTALLATION •
Men’s Drop-In Roller Hockey
Basic lawn maintenance & full-service packages
Bear Creek Roller Rink is the home of Men’s Drop-In Hockey. All ages and abilities are welcome. No commitment is required. Just show up and play!!! Games are played every Sunday from 7-9 PM. For more information, please call Dave Bradford at 281-855-2615.
Custom landscapes, water features and stonework
• LAwN CARE •
Pool Remodeling Specialists • LIGHTSCAPES •
Quality lighting & installation
• PATIO COVERS & ARBORS •
Westside Golf League
• DECKS •
Westside Golf League is actively encouraging new members. We invite you to join us every Tuesday morning at Cinco Ranch Golf Club. Our purpose is to allow ladies of all levels to meet new friends and have fun while improving golfing skills. For more information contact Sue Crookson at 281-392-4913 firstname.lastname@example.org or Yana Dommert at 281-394-2481 email@example.com or Kathy Smith 815-715-3892.
Flagstone, pavers, spray deck & wood
• IRRIGATION (Lic. 8260) •
Sprinkler system / drainage installation and repair
HOLIDAY CHURCH INFORMATION The EmPowerment Center’s Annual Christmas Toy Drive
CUSTOM HOLIDAY DECORATION DESIGN & INSTALLATION Contract Prices to Put-up and Take-down Each Year
The EmPowerment Center’s Annual Christmas Toy Drive begins November 13, 2011 thru December 17, 2011. Each week bring unwrapped toys for (toddlers up to 12 years). Distribution will be on December 10, 2011 to Private Agencies and December 18, 2011 at 9 am at the Annual Christmas Production & Toy Give-Away. Call 281-578-3535 or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org for more details as to how you can support or receive as well. The EmPowerment Center is located at 20910 Park Row, Katy, Texas 77449.
BIBLE STUDIES Power for Today Bible Study and Prayer
“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.” Matt 6:34 Held every 3rd Tuesday - 6:30-7:30 pm Omni Hotel Westside - Café on the Lake 13210 Katy Freeway Houston, Texas 77079 281-558-8338
e Take The hassle OuT r y Of yOur hOliday! w
(281) 859-2122 Visit us at www.suncorservices.com Woodcreek Reserve
CREEKSIDE COMMUNITY CHURCH Community Bible Studies: Ladies Studies - Thursday Nights at 7 pm Grand Parkway & Westheimer Men’s Bible Study - Saturdays at 7:00 am - Katy Mills Denny’s Youth Bible Study - Sundays at 4:30 pm - 542 Applewhite Dr. Couples Bible Studies - Tuesdays at 6 pm - Long Meadow Farms Wednesdays at 7:00 pm - North Cinco Ranch Thursdays at 7:00 pm - Silver Ranch For more information, call 713-705-4878.
“FOR THE BETTERMENT OF THE WORLD” BAHA’I FAITH OF FORT BEND COUNTY Please join us for an informal devotional gathering, where we share music, prayers and inspirational readings taken from the major religions of the world, in an environment of unity and harmony. The Word of God, say the Baha’i Writings, provides inspiration, rejuvenates souls, gladdens hearts and renews one’s sense of purpose. The devotional is held on the 2nd Sunday of each month, from 4-5 PM and will be followed by a sharing of thoughts, ideas and ways to apply spiritual principles to one’s day-to-day affairs. Refreshments will be served. For details on the location or for answers to any other questions you may have, please call the Baha’i Faith of Fort Bend County at 281-395-9026.
CrossPoint Community Church New Campus
Digger Says...Ya’ll quit draggin’ that hose!
Installation & Repair Drainage Specialist Robbie Moore
Westside Resident for 30+ years
NOW OFFERING FREE UPGRADES!
LI #7019 Drain LI #414814
Hunter Preferred Contractor
281-861-6171 Now! Over 2300 irrigation installations!! We Install or repair more systems in the Katy area than any other company! BBB Gold Star Award 2002, ‘03, ‘04, ‘05, ‘06, ‘07, ‘08, ‘09, ‘10
Construction for the new CrossPoint EightTen campus location has begun at 1106 Witte Road, your new Community Church location. The expansion of the 17,000 square foot facility will be handled by Fretz Construction of Houston and scheduled to be completed in the fall of 2011 with the Grand Opening of CrossPoint EightTen planned for November. “I am excited to see what God is doing through CrossPoint EightTen,” said David Jung, campus pastor. “Its [building] is set to be a great resource to the community to host worship, offer a music school, sports ministries and other programs and events. This campus will make a difference in the community and bless the people around it.” For more information regarding Crosspoint EightTen, visit our website at www.crosspt.org
Living Word Lutheran Church in Katy NEW CONTEMPORARY WORSHIP LEADER WELCOMED Living Word Lutheran Church in Katy is pleased to announce that Lisa Jastram of Sugar Land, TX, has joined the staff as the 9:30 AM contemporary worship leader. Jastram is no stranger to the Katy area having performed in many of the area churches, libraries and schools with Oasis for Children, her educational entertainment venture. She comes to Living Word at an exciting time in the life of the church as they complete their Envision Project begun less than a year ago. The church has been installing new lighting, screens, projectors and systems upgrades to maximize possibilities for meaningful and exciting worship Sept. 25th was the first Sunday for the congregation to experience the new amenities. One of Jastram’s goals were to make the service more intergenerational and family friendly. She also hopes to see more of the arts incorporated into worship including dance and visual arts.
JUNIOR HIGH GROUP PREPARE SCHOOL KITS The Junior High group from Living Word Lutheran Church in Katy held a packing session to prepare school kits to be used in areas of the world where kids are recovering from wars, tsunamis and other strife. Many will be used in refugee camps as kids try to return to school. The kits are distributed by Lutheran World Relief to the needy in 43 countries. Another packing session will be held in January. If you have items such as pens, erasers, blunt scissors, pencil sharpeners, rulers or college ruled notebooks to donate, please contact Marlene at 281-646-0748 or email@example.com.
SENIOR CHURCH GROUPS Kingsland Baptist Church Weekly Events for Adult 55+ Game Day - Meet with us every Wednesday in the Crawford Fellowship Hall from 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM as we fellowship around the table playing Chicken Foot, Scrabble, Cards, etc. Bring a sack lunch (drinks provided) and we will eat together at noon. Group Exercise Class - The exercise class for adults 55+ meets every Wednesday at 8:45 AM for 45 minutes of exercise led by Christy Kennedy, a group fitness certified instructor. This is a great time to enjoy like-minded folks who are strengthening and conditioning their body for the long haul. Regardless of your present condition, Christy will help you improve while making the exercise fun and beneficial. For more information, contact Mike Kelley at 281-492-0785. Kingsland Baptist Church is located at 20555 Kingsland Blvd. We are located across from Taylor High School Tennis Courts. For more information, you can visit us online at www.kingsland.org or call the church office at 281-492-0785.
ST. PETER’S UMC SENIOR GAME DAY (50+) Mark your calendars for a fun day of games, at St. Peter’s United Methodist Church from 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM. Everyone is invited to play cards, board games, dominoes, puzzles, etc. every fourth Tuesday of the month. Bring a sack lunch and drinks will be provided. Enter on the west side of St. Peter’s United Methodist Church, 20775 Kingsland Drive and go to Room 106. If you have any questions, please call Tom Matkin, 281-492-6053 or Richard Powell, 281-392-2941.
AREA BINGOS EPIPHANY BINGO Epiphany conducts their bingo games every Friday night except holidays. There Is No Smoking Allowed During All Bingo Games. They have security, lighted parking, big screen color monitor, computerized bingo equipment, snack bar and large
cash prizes. Profits benefit charitable outreach programs. Epiphany Catholic Church, Church Community Center, 1530 Norwalk Dr. (between Fry and Mason Roads, south of I-10 behind Nottingham Subdivision) off Highland Knolls. Early bird games begin at 7:30 PM and regular games at 8:00 PM. For more info., call the bingo hall number at 281-578-3905.
Are you interested in meeting your local elected officials? Would you like to know how Congress is dealing with “hot” items during this session? Contact Susan at 281-633-2277 or BurgerBizInc@aol. com for information on our group.
St. Bartholomew the Apostle Catholic Church BINGO
Fort Bend House of Hope - Bringing Healing and Restoration to Hurting Teens and Their Families
At St. Bartholomew the Apostle Catholic Church in downtown Katy, “BINGO” is being played in our Parish Hall every Friday evening except Holidays. Doors open at 7:00 PM, games start at 7:15 PM with four Early Bird games. Regular games start at 7:30 PM. All profits will benefit community outreach and Religious Education programs. The Church is located in downtown Katy at 5356 Eleventh St. You can get to the church if traveling west on Hwy. 90 to Katyland Rd. Turn right at the light, go to the second stop sign (at the stadium) Eleventh St., turn left and the Church Hall will be on your right one block down. For more info., call 281-391-4758.
House of Hope Fort Bend is a non-profit 501 (c)(3) charitable organization affiliated with National House of Hope. We are a Christcentered non-residential program working with troubled teens and their parents. Our six month program is set up to provide weekly counseling for the teens and parents. Our goal is to be a catalyst in healing and restoration in broken families. We use a modest sliding scale and books are an additional fee. We also present F.A.M.I.L.Y. Rules Workshops for schools and other groups. This program is for any faith, culture and ethnicity in assisting parents to “parent with purpose.” If your family is in chaos, then this program is for you! This family system is designed to start with children at the age of 5 through 18 teaching authority, consequences, affirmation and being consistent and correct as parents. We have certified F.AM.I.L.Y. Rules Counselors available to assist you.
Fort Bend Master Gardeners For information on Ft. Bend Master Gardeners or lists of events, visit www.fbmg.com or call the Master’s Gardener’s Hotline at 281341-7068. Anyone with an interest in gardening is encouraged to attend our events.
Sugar Land Garden Club Sugar Land Garden Club meets at the Sugar Land Community Center, 226 Matlage Way, Sugar Land 77478. For more information visit www.sugarlandgardenclub.org or call 281-491-1621. Sugar Land Garden Club was established in 1932 and is one of the largest garden clubs in Texas. Membership is open to all.
West Fort Bend County Republican Women
Our volunteers have been screened with background checks and approved by the Fort Bend Juvenile Probation Department. For more information regarding our organization, check out our website at www.houseofhope-fortbend.org, or contact Janeen Smith at 832764-1123, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fort Bend County Libraries (FBCL) Public Information Office - 281-341-2677
FORT BEND COUNTY LIBRARIES TO CLOSE IN OBSERVANCE OF VETERANS’ DAY and the THANKSGIVING HOLIDAY All branches of Fort Bend County Libraries will be closed Friday, November 11th, in observance of Veterans’ Day. Regular library hours will resume on Saturday, November 12th. All branches of Fort Bend County Libraries will be closed Thursday, November 24th through Sunday, November 27th, in observance of the Thanksgiving holiday. Regular library hours will resume on Monday, November 28th. Your online library is always open at www.fortbend.lib.tx.us for searching the catalog, renewing books or placing holds, downloading e-books or using the research databases. For additional information, contact the Public Information Office at 281-341-2677.
FORT BEND COUNTY LIBRARIES PARTNERS WITH BOOKS-A-MILLION FOR BOOK FAIR Fort Bend County Libraries is partnering with Books-a-Million to host a book fair on Saturday, November 19th, from 12:00 noon to 4:00 PM, at their bookstore in Katy Mills Mall. A portion of the sales from the book fair will benefit Fort Bend County Libraries’ Adult Summer Reading Club. When making a purchase in the store, simply present a Fort Bend County Libraries Book Fair voucher to the cashier at check-out. Vouchers will be available online at the library website, www.fortbend.lib.tx.us, and at all of the library locations. If you forget your voucher, just tell the cashier that you wish your purchase to benefit the Fort Bend County Libraries Book Fair.
CINCO RANCH BRANCH LIBRARY (FT. BEND CO. LIB.)
2620 Commercial Center Blvd., Katy, TX 77494, 281-395-1311, Hours Mon. 12 Noon - 9 PM, Tues. 10 AM - 9 PM, Wed. 10 AM - 6 PM, Thurs. 10 AM - 9 PM, Fri. 12 Noon - 5 PM, Sat. 10 AM - 5 PM, Sun. Closed. • CINCO RANCH NIGHT READERS’ TO DISCUSS ‘LUCIA, LUCIA’ - The Night Readers’ book club will meet on Thursday, November 17th beginning at 7:00 PM, in Conference Room 2. The literary-review club is free and open to the public. • LIBRARY TO PRESENT INTRODUCTORY COMPUTER CLASSES: Adult Services staff at the library will present free, introductory computer classes. The classes will consist of a hands-on introduction to basic skills for people who would like to learn more about using these computer programs. • The “MS PowerPoint Survival Basics” class for version 2007 will take place on Tuesday, November 15th, beginning at 10:00 AM, in the Computer Lab. • The “MS Word Survival Basics” class for version 2007 will take place on Tuesday, November 22nd, beginning at 10:00 AM, in the Computer Lab. The classes are free and open to the public. Seating is limited, however and reservations are required. To register online for any of the programs at the library’s website (www.fortbend.lib.tx.us), click on “Calendar,” select “Cinco Ranch Branch Library,” and find the program. Participants may also register by calling the library at 281395-1311 or by visiting the library.
HEATING • AIR CONDITIONING Recieve up to $2,300 $30 OFF Any Repair
Cannot be combined with any other offer. Must present at time of service. Expires 11/31/11.
in Rebates and Tax Credits
with the purchase of a qualifying system.
Same-Day Ser vice
Save Up to 60% on Your Utility Bill
FREE ESTIMATES on New Equipment 17
I’M NEVER TOO BUSY FOR YOU! I would like to be your realtor.
Thinking of selling your home? • 50% OFF Listing Broker Fees
• It’s Your Equity, You Deserve to Keep It! • Free Service to All Home Buyers • Let an Expert Assist You in Selecting Your Dream Home • Specializing in New and Resale Homes in Harris & Fort Bend Counties
Eugene Bruso Licensed Broker Email me at
email@example.com Check out my website at
713-894-9787 Each office is independently owned and operated.
WEEKLY CHILDREN’S PROGRAM SCHEDULE • Mother Goose Time: Tuesdays at 10:30 am, provides caregiver/ infant activities and songs especially designed for the youngest book-lovers, from age 1 month to 12 months. November 1st: Morning Time November 8th: See It November 15th: Movement November 22nd: Laughs & Giggles November 29th: Mothers & Babies • Toddler Time: Wednesdays and Thursdays at 10:30 am - offers caregiver/child activities, stories and songs for older babies, from 12 to 36 months of age. November 2nd and 3rd: Pizza! November 9th and 10th: Hats November 16th and 17th: Books November 23rd: Farm Birds November 24th: LIBRARY CLOSED November 30th: Bathtime
• Kinder Korner - a time for kindergartners to enjoy stories, movies, crafts and other activities - takes place on Tuesdays at 4:30 PM. November 1st: Hold the Anchovies November 8th: Wearing Hats November 15th: My Favorite Books November 22nd: Chicks & Hens November 29th: Rub-a-Dub-Dub
• Pre-school Story Time: where they hear stories, watch movies and participate in age-appropriate craft activities, beginning at 2:00 pm each Tuesday. November 1st: Pizza Pie November 8th: Happy Hats November 15h: Reading is Fun November 22nd: Turkeys November 29th: Taking a Bath
Recycle at the Ft. Bend County Recycling Center!
• Pajama Night Story Time: Thursdays at 7:00 pm - gives families an evening option for the activities presented during the daytime. November 3rd: Have a Slice! November 10th: Caps & Bonnets November 17th: Reading Books November 24th: LIBRARY CLOSED
• The After-School Break - crafts, movies, stories, and more for school-aged children entering first through fifth grades - begins at 4:30 PM on the 1st and 3rd Wednesday of each month. November 2nd: Space Place November 16th: Turkey Crafts • The ‘Tween Café – for students in 5th and 6th grades - will take place on the 2nd Monday of each month, beginning at 4:30 PM. The program on November 14th will be “Dinner & a Movie.”
The Ft. Bend County Recycling center is located nearby in Rosenberg (just 10 miles away) and accepts glass/bottles and Styrofoam that Waste Management doesn’t pick up. Visit the Ft. Bend Co. government website for information: www.co.fort-bend.tx.us. Some recycling facts: • It takes about 1-2 million years for glass to decompose. • It takes 1+ million years for Styrofoam to decompose. For more facts on decomposition time, visit http://behealthyandrelax.com/2007/11/how-long-does-it-take-to-decompose.
PARENT’S (MOM’S) & CHILDREN’S GROUPS, ORGANIZATIONS, CLUBS, ETC. • LA LECHE LEAGUE OF KATY AND WEST HOUSTON - Methodist West Houston Hospital, 18500 Katy Freeway, Houston, Texas 77094. Daytime Meetings 1st Wed. of month, 10:00 AM-12:00 PM, Evening Meetings, 4th Mon. of month, 7:00-8:45 PM. For further info., please call: Susan 281-829-6833, Maria 832-606-9932 (Spanish). La Leche League International’s website is: www.lalecheleague.org. • MOMS Club of Katy - please email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact Jamie Ensminger, Membership VP: 832-493-1507. • MOMS @ Second - West Campus - Cost is $40 for entire year. Childcare provided for a minimal cost. For more info, call Faye at 713-465-3408 x 1007. • Katy Moms In Touch International group - For info., call Leslie Power at 281-392-2357 or visit www.MomsInTouch.org on the web. • Mothers’ Share Group - meet Thursdays, from 9:30 AM to 11:30 AM following the KISD schedule; at St. Peter’s United Methodist Church, 20775 Kingsland Blvd, Katy, TX 77450 in Room E221 (upstairs). For more info. or to confirm childcare, contact St. Peter’s UMC at 281-492-8031 or www.stpkaty.org. • Mocha Moms - a Stay-At-Home Support group for women of color. For more info, contact Hesma at 281-762-0262 or www. mochamomswesthouston.org. • iBLOOM - young Moms…come share Monday mornings with us. Visit online at www.whatisgrace.org/ibloom. Grace Fellowship UMC, 2655 S Mason in Katy. • REAL MOMS OF KATY PLAYGROUP - This group is down to earth and drama free. Learn more at www.meetup.com/Real-Moms-of-Katy. • All Moms of Katy - come run AMOK with us! Contact membership at email@example.com to get involved. • KATY AREA PARENTS OF MULTIPLES (KAPOM) - meets the 2nd Monday of each month at 7:00 pm at Crosspoint Community Church, located at the corner of Kingsland Blvd. and Westgreen Blvd. in Katy. For more info., please email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website www.kapom.org. • Katy Parents of Gifted and Talented Support group (KPGT) - an advocacy organization dedicated to promoting quality educational services for the gifted students in the school district. Visit our website at www.kpgt.org for a printable membership form. • Katy Association of Child Care Professionals - meets the third Wednesday of each month at the MUD #81 building located at Cimarron Parkway and Hidden Canyon. Refreshments are served. For more info., call 281-578-6376 or 281-392-0989. • PARENTS WITHOUT PARTNERS - For more info. about Parents Without Partners International, check out our website at www.parentswithoutpartners.org or Parent with Partners Greater Houston Chapter #63 at www.pwphouston.org. Contact Barbara 281-469-5646. • FAMILY TO FAMILY -an organization dedicated to helping families who have a child with disabilities. For more information, please all Joanie or Carolyn at 713-466-6304 or go to www.familytofamilynetwork.org. • Breath Of Life Children’s Center Clinic - We are a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. For questions, please call 281-398-7353. • MEMORIAL HERMANN KATY HOSPITAL - offers parenting classes, for info. call 713-222-CARE. • West Houston Medical Center - offers parenting classes. To inquire or register, please call 281-588-8065.
Now is the time to...
GET WET!! Wet Pools Inc. probably built your neighbor’s pool. New Construction • Service • Maintenance Also... Structures, Arbors, Pergolas, Fire Pits & Outdoor Kichens
ROOK’S AC & Heating 281-861-8052
40 18 Point A/C or Heat Special
FREE 1st lb. Freon 1/2 Priced Condenser Coil Cleaning
1 Yr. Warranty On Parts Changed We Value Your Business All Brands Serviced Local Neighborhood Company Free 2nd Opinions Fast Personalized Service
We Will Heat & Cool Your Castle!
COMMUNITY INTEREST GROUPS
Your local Maid Service for 20 Years
• SAME DAY • SAME CREW • AFFORDABLE • BONDED • INSURED • REFERENCES • SUPPLIES FURNISHED
Tammy Smith, Owner-Operated
New customer only on regular schedule. Not valid with any other offer. Not valid for one time or empty cleans.
POLITICAL INTEREST GROUPS: • KATY AREA REPUBLICANS KATY’S CONSERVATIVE VOICE - For info., contact Kate Diehl at 832-643-0378 or email@example.com or check our Face Book page or our website www.katyrepublicans.com. • West Fort Bend County Republican Women – For more info., contact Susan at 281-633-2277 or BurgerBizInc@aol.com. • Katy Area Democrats - meets 3rd Tuesday of the month at Briarchester club house at 7:00 PM. For info., contact Pat Darwish 281-647-0986, visit www.katydemocrats.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org. • Katy Mommy Patriots - moms meeting to join the fight to protect our children’s future by getting involved in community and political events. Meets twice a month. For more info., call Kelly Horsley 281-858-8830 or Martha Mathis 832-321-4854. rotary clubs: • The Rotary Club of Katy Sunrise (RCKS) - meets every Tuesday morning, at 7:00 AM, for breakfast at The Club at Falcon Point, guests and visitors welcome. For more info. visit www.katysunriserotary.com. • The Rotary Club of Katy - meets each Thursday, noon to 1:00 PM, at Hasta La Pasta, 1450 Grand Parkway, Suite E. For more info., call 281-392-0045 or www.katyrotary.com. • WEST HOUSTON ROTARY CLUB - Tuesdays, 12:15 PM, West Houston Omni, North Eldridge at Katy Freeway. 281-627-0662. toastmasters: • Katy Toastmasters - meets the first three Thursdays of each month at 7:30 PM at The Carriage Inn, 1400 Katy-Flewellen Road (I-10 south and Pin Oak Road). Visitors are welcome! Contact Jody White at 713-308-3842 or email@example.com or visit our website at http://katy.freetoasthost.org/. • Park 10 Talkers Toastmasters Club - meets every Thursday at 11:45 AM at NACE, 1440 South Creek Dr, Houston, 77084, telephone 281-228-6287. For more info. on Toastmasters, go to www.toastmasters.org. • Easy Risers Toastmasters - meets every Tuesday morning from 7 - 8 AM in the Fulbright Tower located at 1301 McKinney. For more info., contact Ed Young at firstname.lastname@example.org. business/networking: • West Houston’s (CBMC) Christian Businessmen Committee - meet at various times and places. For more info call Houston Metro Office 713-688-4343 or visit www.houston.cbmc.com or www.cbmc.com/index.htm. • American Business Women’s Assoc. Katy Charter Chapter - meets 2nd Tuesday of each month at Hasta La Pasta (Katy) 6:00 PM. Networking begins at 6:00 pm, dinner and meeting at 6:30 pm. Email RSVP’s and inquiries to email@example.com. • W. Houston Chapter, Intern’l Assoc. of Admin. Professionals (WHIAAP) - meets the fourth Tuesday of each month at the Hilton Garden Inn (south side of I-10 at Dairy Ashford), 12245 Katy Freeway, Houston 77079. (Caroline Champness CPS/CAP firstname.lastname@example.org). • ABWA west houston network - meets the first Thursday of each month, 11:30 AM – 1:00 PM, at The Club at Falcon Point. For more info. or to RSVP, visit our website at www.whenabwa.org. • Business Network International - KATY - meets every Thursday, 7:00 - 8:30 AM, for breakfast and business networking, at The Club @ Falcon Point, 24503 Falcon Point Drive, Katy, Texas 77494. Please RSVP, Ron Orlando 281-398-5661. For more info. on Katy BNI, go to www.katybni.com. • (BNI) Business Network International - Cinco Ranch - meets each Tuesday morning at 7-8:30 am at The Cellar Door at 829 S. Mason Rd., Suite 280, Katy, TX 77450. For info., Christi Borden at 832-372-7470 or go to www.bnihouston.com and search for Cinco Ranch Chapter in Katy, Texas.
24221 Kingsland Blvd Memorial Hermann
Complete line of diets:
Hills Prescription, Hills Science Diet, Royal Canin Veterinary and Purina Veterinary.
• Complete Veterinary Medical and Surgical Care • Rehabilitation Therapy • Boarding • Grooming
Katy Fort Bend Rd
I-10 Mason Rd
Our mission is to treat your pet with the same love and quality care we would our own.
(Previous Location) 959 South Mason Road
Serving Katy since 1990 Patrick D. Choyce DVM and Associates Se Habla Español
24 Hours 281-579-7083
Doctor and Nursing Team on Call www.allpetsanimalhospital.org New Expanded Evening and Weekend Hours:
Mon - Fri 7am-8pm Sat 8am-3pm
• InHouston-Katy PremIer Professional Business Networking - meets the 2nd Tuesday of each month, 4:00-8:00 PM at Vida Loca Mexican Bar and Grill, 21810 Kingsland Blvd Katy, Texas. For info., call Gail Stolzenburg 281-493-1955, email@example.com or Newell Cheatheam 713-385-3622, firstname.lastname@example.org or http://inhouston.ning.com/events InHouston-Katy. • BIZPACK - “Connecting People in Business and Life” - Networking And Breakfast $5: 1st and 3rd Thursday of each month, 7:30-9:00 AM at Carriage Inn 1400 Katy-Flewellen Road. For info., call Jane Moughon at 832-455-4579 or email email@example.com. • THE ULTIMATE FITNESS AND WELLNESS NETWORK - Meetings are the second Thursday of each month at 7:00 PM. Membership is free. For more information, contact Karen Narum 281-871-8920 or firstname.lastname@example.org. neighbors/welcome: • KATY NEIGHBORS’ COFFEES - Meets monthly on the last Tuesday, at 10 AM, at members homes. There are no officers of this club and membership is free to all. For more information please contact 281-5788-2078 or 281-395-1730. • Welcome Wagon Club of Katy - please call Sharon at 281-392-1658, or email email@example.com. misc community groups: • The green Trails Ladies Club - For more info., call Helen Connolly at 832-577-7177. • The Greater Katy Exchange Club - meets the first Wednesday of each month at 6:30 PM, at Vida Loca Mexican Bar and Grill, 21810 Kingsland Blvd Katy, Texas. $15, includes dinner and guest speaker. For info., www.KatyExchangeClub.com or call Newell Cheatheam at 281-392-3034 or Kyle Simmons 281-497-7180 or www.KatyExchangeClub.com.RSVP is required. • The Katy Singles (over 35+) Meetup Group - a social club with free membership. Events are held in the Katy area. To learn more visit http://singles.meetup.com/1676.
This is our new, larger, modern state of the art facility across from Rover Oaks Pet Resort - just a few miles from our previous location. See our web site for more details.
Complimentary Veterinary Exam for New Grooming and Boarding Clients. Pets must be current on required preventative health care including vaccinations and parasite control.
• Texas Coastal Cattlewomen (TCCW) - meets on the third Wednesday of each month, at various locations throughout the Houston area. For more info., contact Sue Dinges at 281-238-8382 or cell 281-381-1987. • KATY ROCKS - Mix, mingle, socialize and network with singles ages 35+ Group has a variety of events each month. For more details, visit www.meetup.com/Katy-Rocks. • BP Partners - Local organization for the spouses and partners of BP employees. Monthly activities. For membership info., contact Phyllis Crouch at firstname.lastname@example.org or www.bppartnershouston.com. • KATY AREA RETIRED EDUCATORS - meets at 11:30 AM, on the 2nd Wednesday of each month, September through May, at the Merrell Center in Katy. For information contact Luanne Zacek at 281-391-8464 or email@example.com. • Commute Solutions - To learn more about Commute Solutions’ vanpooling programs, and their other commute alternative programs, please visit www.vanpool.org or call METROVan at 888-606-RIDE or miniPOOL at 866-474-mini. For more info. www.commutesolutions-hou.com.
SUPPORT/ HELP GROUPS • KATY CHRISTIAN MINISTRIES - Help to Survivors of Sexual Assault. The 24-hour Crisis Hotline number is 281-693- RAPE (7273). NON-EMERGENCY 281-391-5262. • The Compassionate Friends (TCF) - meetings are held in the John Burns building of Kingsland Baptist Church, 20555 Kingsland Blvd in Katy, across from the Taylor High tennis courts. For more info. please visit our website, www.compassionatefriends-katy.org or contact Melinda Ginter, 281-492-1262. • The Compassionate Friends Houston West Chapter - meets every second Monday at 7 pm at Tallowood Baptist Church at 555 Tallowood, room ET102. Info. at www.compassionatefriends.org and the Houston West Chapter at www.tcf.tcu.edu/index.html or by calling Greg Williams 281-345-9707.
• CANCER COUNSELING (FREE CANCER SUPPORT GROUP IN KATY) - meets Thursdays from 7-8 pm at Christus St. Catherine Hospital. For registration and info., contact Cancer Counseling, 713-5209873 or www.cancerhouston.com. Spanish-speaking available. • Free Mental Disorders Family Support Groups - Meets at a number of locations. Complete listing on www.namimetrohouston.org or call 713-970-4419. • NAMI Family to Family - free mental disorders family education course. For info., please call Vi 281-893-2493 or Debbie 713-849-5637. • DEPRESSION Bipolar support alliance - For info., call the DBSA office at 713-600-1131 or check out our website at www.dbsahouston.org. • The Katy OCD/Anxiety group for parents - meets on the last Saturday of each month at 9:00 AM at La Madeline restaurant in Katy. For more information check out our website: http://shyness.meetup.com/353/. • Tourette Syndrome Association of Texas katy support group - meets the 2nd Wednesday of each month @ 7 PM at Christus St. Catherine Annex Hospital, 2nd floor, classroom B, 701 Fry Road. For further info., please contact the support group leaders, Daryl and Barbara Brister 281-395-5392 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. • Palmer Drug Abuse Program (PDAP) - For Ages 12 to 17, call 281-870-9311 or for ages 17 to 25, call 713-647-8858. • ECI Project TYKE - If you know a child under the age of 3 who needs assistance in at least one area of development or who has a medical diagnosis or condition impacting his or her development, please call ECI Project TYKE 281-237-6647 or make a referral on our website www.katyisd.org. • Different Strokes - a support group for stroke survivors meets every Tuesday at 10:00 AM in the Senior Center, located at 13150 Memorial Dr., for fellowship, learning, sharing, exercising and loving. Call for further info.: Kay Callahan 713-461-5604 or Roberta Owens 281-463-3490. • The Arc of Katy - members are encouraged to attend The Board of Directors meetings at 7:15 PM on the first Thursday night of each month, at The Katy Christian Ministries Administration Building, 5011 East 5th Street, Katy, TX. Please visit www.thearcofkaty.org or call 832-754-9802 or 832-888-9265 for additional info. • Food Addicts in Recovery Anonymous (FA) - meets every Saturday. For times and locations, please see our website at www.foodaddicts.org or call 281-392-8914. • West Houston Medical Center - offers free monthly Weight Loss Surgery Support Groups and free monthly Weight Loss Surgery Informational/Educational Classes. To inquire or register, please call 281-588-8657. • DRUG AND ALCOHOLISM FAMILY SUPPORT GROUP - meets at Radical Recovery, 21811 Katy Freeway, D-110 Katy (behind Discount Tire), every Wednesday night from 7 – 8 PM. For more info., call 713-632-5237. • Home Encouragement - a 501(c)(3) non-profit that nurtures healthy marriages and strong families. For info., contact Kellie Hurst of Home Encouragement at 281-347-LIFE or visit our website at www.homeencouragement.org. • Katy Essential Tremor Support Group - meets the first Thursday of each month, at the Heritage Grand Clubhouse, 25125 North Heritage Grand Circle, in Katy at 4:00 PM. For info., contact Betty Ann Schwarz at 281-347-2194 or email email@example.com. • Katy ADHD parent group - meets on the 2nd Sunday of every month, in room S201, at St. Peter’s United Methodist Church, 20775 Kingsland Blvd. from 6:30 to 8:30 PM. For more info., contact Laura Peddicord at 281-392-6064 or firstname.lastname@example.org. • Grace Fellowship United Methodist Church - located at 2655 S. Mason Rd., Katy, 77450, offers groups for those who are hurting and healing from trials and difficulties of life. Please call the Grace Fellowship Care Ministry at 281-646-1903 for further details or see our website, www.whatisgrace.org/care.html. • st. peter’s united Methodist church support groups – We offer many different types of groups. For more info., call 281-492-8031. Located at 20775 Kingsland Blvd. • Christ Clinic - No Insurance? Need medical treatment? Let us help. Christ Clinic located at 5504 First St., Katy, Texas 77492 (Next-Door to Katy Christian Ministries), 281-391-0190. • Holy Covenant United Methodist Church weekly Support Groups - Grief and Divorce care support groups. For more info., www.holycov.org or call the church 281-579-1200.
BASHANS PAINTING & HOME REPAIR • Interior & Exterior Painting • Wallpaper Removal • Installation • Custom Texturing • Sheetrock Repair • Pressure Washing • Cabinet Painting • Fence Repair/Replacement • Wood Replacement • Garage Floor Epoxy • Interior Carpentry • Custom Staining • Crown Molding • Roofing • Gutter Repair & Replacement • Faux Painting No moNey up froNt 25 Years Experience • References Available
CommerCial/residential - Free estimates-
BashansPainting@earthlink.net * FULLY INSURED *
281-347-6702 office 281-731-3383 cell
We accept all major credit cards
Internal Medicine • Family Medicine • Rheumatology At PrimeCare Medical Group, we are committed to providing excellent patient care and are focused on keeping up to date with the latest medical advancements. We are here for you and your entire family and strive to build long-lasting relationships. Ankur Doshi, M.D., Jeannine Wallace, P.A., Alexandra Gonzalez, M.D., Jessica Brady, M.D., and Naureen Ahmeduddin, D.O.
• Management and treatment of Chronic Medical Conditions such as High Blood Pressure, Diabetes, High Cholesterol, Hypothyroidism and Asthma
• Treatment and Care of Acute Illness such as Infections, Respiratory Illnesses, Joint and Back Pain, Allergies, Intestinal Disorders, Rash and Minor Surgical Procedures
• Preventative Healthcare and Wellness including Comprehensive Physicals, Vaccinations, Women’s Health, Smoking Cessation, Weight Management/Nutrition
• Rheumatology including treatment of Arthritis, Osteoporosis and Fibromyalgia • Cardiovascular Screening and Risk Reduction including Exercise Stress Testing, Comprehensive Laboratory Testing, Technologically-advanced Cardiovascular Screening tests
Call today to make your appointment at 713/464-9939 Or visit us online at
Serving Houston in two locations !
Katy Location Now Open!
Memorial City Location
Memorial Hermann Katy Medical Plaza 1 23920 Katy Freeway, Suite 555 Katy, TX 77494
Memorial Hermann Tower 929 Gessner, Suite 2450 Houston, TX 77024
• CROSSPOINT COMMUNITY CHURCH - Celebrate Recovery meets every Wednesday from 6:30 – 8:30 PM. This is a free ongoing meeting, open to the public. For more info., go to www.crosspt.org/classes or call 281-398-6464. • Katy/West Houston Fibromyalgia & Chronic Pain Meetup Group – monthly meetings provide info. and support for sufferers/families regarding any of these or related disorders. Sign up for more info at meetup.com (search fibromyalgia and Katy TX to find us), email email@example.com or call 281-705-4395, Vickie Tway - Facilitator, for other info. and meeting schedule. • Hopekeepers - national web site is restministries.org for more information or come to one of the local support groups. Grace Fellowship United Methodist Church (2655 S. Mason Rd) on the 2nd and 4th Saturdays at 10:30 AM. Epiphany of the Lord Church (1530 Norwalk Dr) on Mondays at 6:30 PM.
Craft, hobbY, just for fun groups
We Have the Place! Mason Creek Community Center provides downtown ambiance with neighborhood convenience. A wonderful location for school events, graduation, office parties, weddings, family gatherings, or any holiday event. Let us help you to make your special occasion a memorable one.
• Nottingham Country Garden Club of Katy - We welcome all people interested in Be your own DJ with gardening and the environment, from the West Houston and Katy area. You do not our new state of the art have to live in Nottingham Country to belong to our organization! For more information about the club, please call 281-394-2827 or 281-395-2154. sound system! • american sewing guild in katy - meets 3rd Wednesday of every month from 1 to 3 PM at Quilt & Sew, 829 Mason Rd., Katy. For more info., go to www.asghouston.org. New Outdoor Patio • The Pride of Texas Decorative Artists - meets 2nd Thursday of the month at 6:30 PM. We meet at Bear Creek Community Center off Patterson Rd. in Bear Creek Park. For more info Click on Community Center For more info., call Gloria Ware 281-492-0246 call 281-578-7272 @ www.mcud.com • WEST HOUSTON QUILT GUILD, 3rd Wednesdays, 7:00 PM Salt Grass Building on Bear Creek Drive, near the Farm and Ranch Club, off Hwy. 6, For more info., check our website at www.whqg.org. • KATY QUILTERS, Time and place will be scheduled in the Katy Area. Call the Katy Quilters, Shari Medford at 281-635-3000. • The Bluebonnet Stencilers of Texas - meets 1st Monday of the month from 6:30 - 9 PM at the Tracy Gee Community Center, 3599 Westcenter (One block east of Sam Houston Toll Road west). For more info. concerning meetings, call 281-370-2005. • KATY AREA KNITTING GUILD – Last Monday of the month, 6:30 PM, Spring Creek Barbeque on Westgreen & I-10. • The Houston Pond Society – Meets first Saturday of each month at a member’s home. For more info., please visit our website www.houstonpondsociety.org. • West Houston Chapter of the Romance Writers of America - meets 2nd Saturday of each month. Visit us on the Web at www.whrwa.com for more info. on upcoming events. For more info. Chuck or Carol 281-550-8679. • Prairie Promenaders Square Dance Club - meets first four Friday nights at Westland Baptist Church, 1407 W. Grand Pkwy S. Lessons are from 7-8 PM. The Club dance follows from 8-10 PM. For questions, call 281-647-0559 or 281-550-3701. • Houston Square & Round Dance Council, Inc. - For info., call 281-392-0713 or visit the Houston area square dance web site: For All Your Electrical Needs! No Job Too Small! www.squarethru.com. Family Owned • Reliable • Affordable • WESTSIDE OVER 50 CLUB - meets 1st Wednesday of each month at Enoc Garcia, Owner 6:30 PM for dinner and socializing. For reservations and info., please • Commercial & Residential contact Kirk Hanson, 281-346-0459 or Betty Larsen at 832-868-3775 • Rewiring 281-392-3836. firstname.lastname@example.org • Breaker Box Upgrades • The Katy 4-F Bass Club (Friends Fishing For Fun) - is a small, low • Ceiling Fans, Light Fixtures FREE ESTIMATES • SAME DAY SERVICE cost fishing club, based in Katy, Texas. For information on our club • Troubleshooting Warranty All Work such as joining, tournament results and area lakes we fish, visit • Landscape Lighting y e We Licensed & Insured • Flat Screen TV Wall Installation www.katy4fbassclub.com. • Electrical Home Inspections www.geelectricalservices.com • The Texas Triumph Register (TTR) - an organization of Triumph owners and enthusiasts. For more info., contact Mike Hado at 281807-4780, email@example.com or www.TexasTriumphRegister.org. • The Katy Bead Group - meets Wednesdays at 12:00 noon at the Spalato Gelateria & Cafe, 22758 Westheimer Parkway #200, Katy, TX 77450 (832-437-1835). For info, call Jean at 281-693-4398 or Carol 281-492-6053 or email her at Fortijd@aol.com. • The Katy Pokemon TCG League - We meet on Tuesday evenings from 6:00-8:00 at DoubleDave’s Pizza at 1660 S. Mason Rd. Call Camille at 832-721-5481, email KatyPokemon@aol.com or check out www.Pokemon-tcg.com (look under Pokemon Organized Play) or www.PokemonBuzz.com for additional info. • Katy Woodworker’s Guild - meets the last Tuesday of each month at the West Memorial Junior High School from 7:00-9:00 PM. Questions: Call Terry at 281-717-4215.
Katy Family Owned & Operated
J. Russ Polsgrove
Over 20 Years Experience
Water Heaters • Drain & Sewer Cleaning • Faucets • Toilets • Garbage Disposals • Gas Tests/Repair • Pipe Repair/Re-Pipes
$1500 OFF with this ad
YDR SERVICES Free es! mat Esti
LAWN & LANDSCAPE
Se star rvice tin $ 22. g at 99
• BASIC SERVICE New! Mow, Edge, Weed-eat, Blow Maidservice • FULL SERVICE Mow, Edge, Weed-eat, Blow, Trim Shrubs, House Cleaning Clean Flowerbeds “I Will Meet Or • Landscape Design GRASS Beat Any Written • Yard Clean-Ups Estimate!!!” • Bed Mulching $139 • SPRINKLERS INSTALLED LI#8966 Per Pallet Installed • Ponds/Patios
• The Houston Area Wood Carvers Club - meets on the third Saturday of each month from 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM, at Bayland Community Center in Houston (6400 Bissonnet). For more info., call Preston and Carolyn Smith at 281-392-0713, email carolynann@consolidated. net or visit www.houstonareawoodcarvers.com. • The Katy Cruizers ANTIQUE AUTOMOBILE Club - meets the first Monday of each month at the La Finca Mexican Restaurant on Westheimer Parkway (back room). Eat at 6 PM. Meeting from 7 PM until 8:30 PM. Questions: Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org. • BUNCO GROUP FORMING - If interested, please email me at email@example.com. It is tentatively set for the second Wednesday of each month, from 7-10 PM and will cost approximately $5-10 a night to play. • The KATY Area ARTISTS - Please contact the KAA Programs Officer at 281-352-8057 for more information on artist mentoring and monthly members’ meetings or visit www.katyareaartists.org. • Cinco Ranch Men’s Poker Group - Looking for new players. We play once per month Friday night from 7 PM to 11 PM, at host member’s homes in the Cinco Ranch area. If interested, call Jim at 832-715-8206 (cell) for further information. • KATY QUILTERS, Time and place will be scheduled in the Katy Area. Call the Katy Quilters, Shari Medford at 281-635-3000. • The Bluebonnet Stencilers of Texas - meets 1st Monday of the month from 6:30 - 9 PM at the Tracy Gee Community Center, 3599 Westcenter (One block east of Sam Houston Toll Road west). For more info. concerning meetings, call 281-370-2005. • KATY AREA KNITTING GUILD – Last Monday of the month, 6:30 PM, Spring Creek Barbeque on Westgreen & I-10. • The Houston Pond Society – Meets first Saturday of each month at a member’s home. For more info., please visit our website www. houstonpondsociety.org. • West Houston Chapter of the Romance Writers of America - meets 2nd Saturday of each month. Visit us on the Web at www.whrwa. com for more info. on upcoming events. For more info. Chuck or Carol 281-550-8679. • FAIRBEE SQUARE AND LINE DANCE CLUB - dances each Thursday night, 7:30 – 9:30 at Memorial Drive Lutheran Church, 12211 Memorial Drive @ Gessner. Info. may be obtained by calling Jerry & Nanette Tucker 281-498-3057 or firstname.lastname@example.org. • Prairie Promenaders Square Dance Club - meets first four Friday nights at Westland Baptist Church, 1407 W. Grand Pkwy S. Lessons are from 7-8 PM. The Club dance follows from 8-10 PM. For questions, call 281-647-0559 or 281-550-3701. • Houston Square & Round Dance Council, Inc. - For info., call 281-392-0713 or visit the Houston area square dance web site: www.squarethru.com. • WESTSIDE OVER 50 CLUB - meets 1st Wednesday of each month at 6:30 PM for dinner and socializing. For reservations and info., please contact Kirk Hanson, 281-346-0459 or Betty Larsen at 281-392-3836. • The Katy 4-F Bass Club (Friends Fishing For Fun) - is a small, low cost fishing club, based in Katy, Texas. For information on our club such as joining, tournament results and area lakes we fish, visit www.katy4fbassclub.com. • The Texas Triumph Register (TTR) - an organization of Triumph owners and enthusiasts. For more info., contact Mike Hado at 281807-4780, email@example.com or www.TexasTriumphRegister.org. • The Katy Bead Group - meets Wednesdays at 12:00 noon at the Spalato Gelateria & Cafe, 22758 Westheimer Parkway #200, Katy, TX 77450 (832-437-1835). For info, call Jean at 281-693-4398 or Carol 281-492-6053 or email her at Fortijd@aol.com. • The Katy Pokemon TCG League - We meet on Tuesday evenings from 6:00-8:00 at DoubleDave’s Pizza at 1660 S. Mason Rd. Call Camille at 832-721-5481, email KatyPokemon@aol.com or check out www.Pokemon-tcg.com (look under Pokemon Organized Play) or www.PokemonBuzz.com for additional info. • Katy Woodworker’s Guild - meets the last Tuesday of each month at the West Memorial Junior High School from 7:00-9:00 PM. Questions: Call Terry at 281-717-4215. • The Houston Area Wood Carvers Club - meets on the third Saturday of each month from 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM, at Bayland Community Center in Houston (6400 Bissonnet). For more info., call Preston and Carolyn Smith at 281-392-0713, email carolynann@consolidated. net or visit www.houstonareawoodcarvers.com.
• The Katy Cruizers ANTIQUE AUTOMOBILE Club - meets the first Monday of each month at the La Finca Mexican Restaurant on Westheimer Parkway (back room). Eat at 6 PM. Meeting from 7 PM until 8:30 PM. Questions: Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org. • BUNCO GROUP FORMING - If interested, please email me at email@example.com. It is tentatively set for the second Wednesday of each month, from 7-10 PM and will cost approximately $5-10 a night to play.
November is Epilepsy Awareness Month Many people are surprised to find out that Epilepsy is as common as breast cancer and takes as many lives each year. It is a terrifying and potentially fatal disease that carries tremendous stigma. Epilepsy affects approximately 150,000 people throughout the greater Houston, Dallas and Ft. Worth areas. • Epilepsy and Seizures affect almost 3 MILLION Americans of all ages - more than Multiple Sclerosis, Cerebral Palsy, Muscular Dystrophy and Parkinson’s disease combined! • 200,000 new cases of Epilepsy are diagnosed every year. • 10% of Americans will experience a seizure at least once in their lives. • Each year in the U.S. 45,000 children under the age of 15 develop Epilepsy. • A patient’s first seizure will occur without warning. • EPILEPSY IS NOT CONTAGIOUS. • Medications do not cure epilepsy, but they may help control or prevent seizures. Medications help between 50-70% of patients. • In Texas, if you are diagnosed with Epilepsy, your doctor must certify that you are seizure free for a period of 6 months before you can drive again. • The color for Epilepsy Awareness is Purple. • THERE IS NO CURE FOR EPILEPSY… YET! You can learn more and help find a cure at www.epilepsyfoundation.org.
HAVE A PERFECT THANKSGIVING! Want to be the perfect holiday host or guest? Check out these tips on holiday entertaining: If you are the host: • Whenever anyone offers to help or bring a dish, say, “Yes, thank you!” • Use hollowed bread loaves as serving containers for cheeses, dips, olives, chips and small sandwiches. • Once the table settings and centerpiece are in place, sit in each chair to assure comfort • Include favorite kids’ foods, especially those they can eat neatly with their fingers. • Provide at least one low-calorie dish and a vegetarian option. Then serve a sinful dessert. • Completely clear the table of all dishes from previous courses before serving dessert. • Keep club soda nearby to clean spots or stains on the tablecloth or clothing. If you are a guest: • Arrive no earlier than the time the host has announced and no later than half an hour after the time. • Plan to stay about an hour after dinner unless travel plans or sleepy children necessitate leaving earlier. • Bring a gift and write a note of thanks afterward. • Offer to help set up for dinner and to clean afterward. • Notify the host of any special dietary needs - if you are a vegetarian, diabetic or allergic to common foods. • The best potluck dishes are those that need minimal preparation in the host’s kitchen, can be served at room temperature and require only a fork to eat.
Slow Cookers are a Cook’s Best Friend By The Paula Deen Test Kitchen
More leisure time and a homemade meal? Save money on groceries, use less electricity, and enjoy better flavor? You bet! And with a slow cooker, you don’t even have to be there while your dinner cooks. With the invention of the original Crock-Pot® in the 1970s, we’ve been able to layer ingredients in our slow cookers, leave the house for work or play, and come home, hours later, to an inviting aroma-filled house and evening meal. Rival still manufactures the Crock-Pot®, but many other manufacturers are in the game with competitive models. The “crockpot” moniker has become an icon for any slow cooker. These days, choices are not limited to 2-temperature manual units; they also come programmable, with multiple time and temperature settings, countdown timers, built-in thermometers, and automatic temperature shifts to warm in case you are late getting home. There are slow cooker sizes and settings to fit your family’s individual needs. Though shape is not necessarily a deal breaker when purchasing, it is a consideration. A money-saving attribute of slow cooking is that tougher, less expensive meats are rendered meltingly tender and juicy. Larger roasts and whole chickens fit better into an ovalshaped model and will cook more evenly, although you can trim them to fit into a round one. It’s easy to adapt your favorite oven or stovetop recipes to slow cooker cooking. Regardless of yield, if your dish normally cooks in 15 to 30 minutes, you can count on 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 hours cooking in a slow cooker on High power or 4 to 6 hours on Low. If it takes 35 to 45 minutes, you should allow 2 to 3 hours on High power or 6 to 8 hours on Low. Main dishes like roasts and stews that cook up to 3 hours will take 4 to 5 hours on High or more than 8 hours on Low. For instance, Sweet Merlot Beef Stew should cook in about 4 hours on High or 8 to 10 hours on low; after you brown the meat, add everything to the slow cooker for the total cooking time, including the onions and mushrooms. Other tips for successful recipe conversion: *To eliminate excess fat, remove skin from poultry and trim excess fat from meats before cooking. Pre-brown meats, and drain before adding to the crockpot, especially ground meats. *Brown chops and roasts to caramelize the outsides for richer flavor and attractive appearance. For Low Country Smothered Pork Chops, prepare the chops as directed and layer in the cooker with the strips of green pepper, onion, garlic, half of the broth, and Worcestershire. Add more broth as needed to thin the gravy. *Vegetables, especially roots like potatoes, rutabagas, and carrots, cook more slowly than meats, so cut pieces uniformly and add them at the beginning. (It can take 8 to 10 hours on Low for a “baked” potato to cook until tender!) Italian Chicken and Vegetable Soup is a perfect example; just put all the ingredients into the slow cooker, reserving half a can of broth to add at the end of cooking, if necessary. Let it cook 2 to 2 1/2 hours on High or 4 to 6 hours on Low. *Most stews, soups, and other braised dishes require less liquid. If you end up with too much, pour it into a saucepan and reduce it until flavorful and thickened. If you need more liquid, it can be added at the end of the cooking time. *Cheese, milk, cream, and other dairy: Add dairy products close to the end of cooking. *Uncooked rice, however, requires standard liquid amounts. It cooks fast, so add it to the slow cooker during the last hour of cooking on High or 2 hours on Low. It is better to cook pasta separately and add it before serving. *Most slow cooker liners are removable, allowing you to fill it up to a day before cooking. Remove the stone liner and assemble the casserole in it; cover and refrigerate until you are ready to cook. You can prepare Chicken and Rice Casserole ahead and cook it 1 1/2 to 2 hours on High or 4 to 6 hours on Low or until it is hot, stirring in cheese during the last hour of cooking. *Spices tend to loose their power during long, slow cooking; be ready to re-season towards the end.
SPRINKLER REPAIR SPECIALISTSS
Is your system handling the heat? • We maintain, repair, renovate, and upgrade systems.
• We will stop costly waste of water and improve coverage. • We live and work in Katy. • We guarantee all work.
Service Special 10% OFF Labor
• Texas lic. #6388
RainWell Irrigation 281-829-0033
Our Service Isn’t Watered Down!
The Grand Salon Full Service Hair Salon
• Family Haircuts
Specials only valid with services by Anna
Woman’s Haircut & Color
Woman’s Haircut, Color & Hi-Lites
3 week plan- Color only
Cannot be used with any other offer
6455 S. Fry Rd. Ste 102 (Between Grand Pkwy & Center Village Lane)
KATY PAINTING “Quality at a price you can afford.”
Interior & Exterior Painting Home Repairs • Pressure Washing HardiPlank Installation • Sheetrock & Texture Larry Mikeska Serving Katy since 1982 • Katy Resident 53 years
Sweet Merlot Beef Stew Recipe
Courtesy of Paula Deen Ingredients 4 slices bacon, rendered 2 lb chuck roast, cut into 2” pieces 1 1/2 t Salt Freshly ground pepper 2 T Flour1/4 C Steak Sauce 1 1/2 C Red Wine 1 1/2 C Water 1 t fresh thyme 2 Garlic Cloves, minced 1 lb Pearl onions 1/2 lb. Button Mushrooms, chopped 2 T Fresh parsley, chopped
Directions In a medium saute pan fry bacon until crisp. Remove bacon and reserve. Brown beef slowly on all sides in the bacon fat. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and flour. Toss to coat evenly. Place beef in a heavy 4 qt. saucepan. Add reserved bacon (chopped), Paula Deen Merlot Steak Sauce, wine, water, thyme and garlic. Cover and cook over low heat for 1 hour. Add onions to stew and cook for an additional 30 minutes.
KATY RESIDENTIAL SERVICES
In the final 10 minutes, add the mushrooms and parsley. Add additional water if necessary. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve along side crusty tuscan bread for dipping.
Interior Remodeling • Kitchens • Bathrooms • Household Fixtures • Custom Cabinets and Built-Ins • Custom Interior Carpentry
Free es mat Esti
281-578-1711 DISCLAIMER: Articles and ads in this newsletter express the opinions of their authors and do not necessarily reflect to opinions of Krenek Printing Co. or its employees. Krenek Printing is not responsible for the accuracy of any facts stated in articles submitted by others. The publisher also assumes no responsibility for the advertising content with in this publication. All warranties and representations make in the advertising content are solely that of the advertiser and any such claims regarding its content should be taken up with the advertiser. The publisher assumes no liability with regard to its advertisers for misprints or failure to place advertising in this publication except for the actual cost of such advertising. Although every effort is taken to avoid mistakes and/or misprints in this publication the publisher assumes no responsibility for any errors of information or typographical mistakes, except as limited to the cost of advertising as stated above or in the case of misinformation, a printed retraction/correction. Under no circumstances shall the publisher be held liable for incidental or consequential damages, inconvenience, loss of business or services, or any other liabilities from failure to publish, or from failure to publish in a timely manner, except as limited to liabilities stated above. Published by: KRENEK PRINTING CO. 7102 Glen Chase Ct., Houston, TX. 77095 281-463-8649 news @krenekprinting.com
Italian Chicken and Vegetable Soup Courtesy of Paula Deen
Ingredients 2 tablespoon olive oil 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces (about 1 3/4 pound) 1 small onion, chopped 1 cup sliced carrots (about 3 small) 2 1/2 cup sliced zucchini (about 2 medium) 2 (14.5-ounce) cans diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, & oregano 2 (14.5-ounce) cans chicken broth Grated Parmesan, optional Directions In a large Dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken, and cook for 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Add onion and carrot, and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in zucchini, diced tomatoes, and chicken broth. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Top each serving with grated Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Chicken and Rice Casserole
Courtesy of Paula Deen Ingredients 1 10 3/4 ounce can condensed cream of celery soup 1 4 ounce jar pimentos 1 8 ounce can water chestnuts, drained and chopped 2 14 1/2 ounce cans green beans, drained and rinsed 3 cup diced cooked chicken 1 medium onion, peeled and diced 2 tablespoon butter or vegetable oil 1 cup mayonnaise 1 6 ounce box long-grain wild rice, cooked according to package 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese 1 pinch salt Directions Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Heat butter or oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add onion and saute until translucent, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer to a large bowl. Add all remaining ingredients to bowl and mix together until thoroughly combined. Pour into a greased 3-quart casserole dish. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand for a few minutes before serving.
World-Class Care. Hometown Heart.
GEYER ROOFING Specializing in Re-Roofing “We work as unto the Lord”
713-462-3898 Call for a FREE ESTIMATE!
State-of-the-art medical treatment with a personalized healing touch for Katy, West Houston and surrounding communities.
• Decks • Fences • Doors • Sheetrock • Garage Doors • Siding • Skylights • Painting- Int & Ext • Windows • Patio Covers • Power Washing • Room Additions • Complete Remodeling Rob Geyer w e
www.christusstcatherine.org 701 S. Fry Road, Katy, Texas 77450 | 281.599.5700
Tips for “Black Friday” Black Friday is the day after Thanksgiving and is known as the busiest shopping day of the year. The name comes from an accounting term - red ink means a negative profit margin; black ink means a positive profit. Check out these tips on maximizing Black Friday:
KATY PLUMBING EXPERT 10 OFF
PLUMBING IF YOU MENTION THIS AD
1. Check Out the Ads: Your local Thanksgiving Day newspaper will be packed with ads, coupons, and circulars. This will be your number one source to local Black Friday savings and it will also help you organize your day to maximize savings. 2. Do Your Research Before Friday: If you are hoping to scoop up a deal on Friday on a big-ticket item, get your research out of the way asap. Being knowledgeable about the products you want to buy will help you avoid being sucker-punched with loud advertising for poor products. 3. Compare Prices: Utilize price-comparison Internet shopping sites to assist you in comparing product prices. Compare the “options” included with the product. Some retailers will low-ball the advertised price on a stripped down product and then you will be charged extra for the necessary parts. 4. Early Bird Shopper Discounts: The Early Bird Shopper is the real winner on Black Friday. Stores offering Early Day Shopper Specials, but with no “rain checks”, which means once they run out of the products, you are out of luck. 5. Night Owl Discounts - Thanksgiving Eve: Internet shoppers can beat the Early Birds by shopping online in the pre-dawn hours of Black Friday. Many retailers will be posting their Black Friday specials, which can be ordered, online and picked-up at your local store. Special “Web Only” deals will also be available starting as early as Thanksgiving eve. 6. Bring the Ads: Many stores offer a “lowest-price” guarantee; be sure to bring a copy of the exact product being advertised for less. 7. Know the Store Policies: Knowing the store policies on returns can help you determine where to buy. Many retailers are including restocking fees and shorter return deadlines. Almost all of the major retail chains require receipts for returns and exchanges and many keep a database of individuals who abuse return policies. 8. Gift Receipts: Gift receipts generally include a description of the item purchased but do not disclose the price paid. Including a gift-receipt should help insure a hassle-free return experience for gift recipients. 9. Cash is King: Enough said.
Quality Work at Reasonable Rates
• ALL PHASES OF PLUMBING • MLP #19029 • Fully Insured Cash or Check e y
* Weekends & Holidays Extra
WE SAVE YOU MONEY BY MAKING THE ROOF & PAINT ON YOUR HOUSE LAST LONGER FREE Estimates and Demos!
Roof Cleaning - No Pressure Damage Free Power Washing - Low Pressure Damage Free Pressure Washing - High Pressure
281-392-2304 Exterior House Cleaning Specialists
Full Set, Individual and Specialty Blade Sharpening and Restoration Period Weaponry Reconditioning
Classified Ads FOR SALE Piano: Kohler & Campbell upright, excellent condition, includes piano bench with cushion, $1,100. 281-684-1821. Kenmore, apx. 26 C. Ft., s/b/s refrigerator, best offer; gold rim dishes for 12, all serving pieces, $50. 281-256-3480. Two twin mattresses and 1 box spring, $150. 832-771-3598. Sertapedic twin mattress and box spring with frame. 281-389-3552. 2 Bicycles: Cannondale R600 w/custom wheels, $600; Bianchi steel w/classic down tube shifters, $250. 832-620-9591. 7’ Round bed, top mattress 6” thick, $500 OBO. 281-550-8670. Beautiful solid oak 3-piece entertainment center. It has 2 piers and a floating bridge. Each pier has many shelves with glass doors and many other compartments for all your electronics. The floating bridge can expand to fit up to 63” TV. It is priced at $400 for quick sell. Must see to appreciate the quality. 281-394-5640. Marcy home gym by Impex, $150; lg. oak rocking chair w/stool, $80; maple hutch cabinet, $85; oak buffet server, $75; oak barstools swivel seat, 3 at $25 ea. 281-682-0639. Beautiful black sequined dress, never worn & still has tags, size small, sleeveless and knee-length. Paid $89, selling for $65. Call 281-599-0703. Office Setup: Full size dark cherry executive desk, rear section & hutch; dark cherry solid bookshelf; roll-up dark cherry floor mat (for carpet or tile); brush nickel / cherry floor lamp. Total Value $1,700. Selling for $500. Very good condition 832-510-6489. Memorial Oaks Cemetery companion crypt, perpetual care included, $8,700. 713-854-1994. Continental Airline discount coupons (not valid for Houston destination), value $200, asking $100 for both; president club passes, value $100 for both, asking $50. Travel good until 7/2012. Call Cheryl 281-543-2409. Omega Pro II racket with zip case, new, never used, $35; collector plates, 7-8”, dogs, baby animals, wild animals, fine china, gold trimmed, great Christmas Gifts, $15-$20 ea.; Emmot Kelly the Clown limited edition framed lithographs, paid $600, want $275; stainless 8-pc set flatware with all accessory pieces, with fancy wooden chest, new, asking $150, paid $450; commercial clothes rack, heavy metal construction, needs cleaning, but in good condition, $50; AB Do-er Pro Model exercise equipment, sit and exercise abs/arms, adjustable, good condition, $75. Call Cheryl 281-543-2409.
Sliding mirror doors (one pair) for a wardrobe or closet, each door is 39 “W x 79”H, together the doors will be good for a 78”W X 79”H wardrobe or closet, comes with upper and bottom alum guide rails, the doors are similar to IKEA PAX MALM ward robe article # 900-745-72, picture available, asking $205. Contact School8007@aol.com. Playboy magazines: Complete years, January 1967 to December 2000; April 1958 to December 1966, only viewed once; also mixed issues. 281-579-1159. Rolex watch. Call for details. 281-414-3597.
AUTOMOTIVE Trailer tires, 3 at $25 ea.; GMC PU bed mat, $45; RV 5th wheel pin box, $50. 281-682-0639 1999 Mercedes E430, black/sport package, 167,000 miles, good condition, $7,900 OBO. 713-301-4469. 1996 Buick Roadmaster Ltd: White, leather seats, 76K miles, good condition, $4,500. Call Richie Anderson 281-463-1712. 89 Toyota pick up, 4 cylinders, very clean and in great running condition, $2,800. 281-744-2779. 1998 Suzuki 1500 Intruder, $3,550. Call for details 281-726-4305 Pat.
How to Contact Krenek Printing DEADLINE (for all ads and news in the Katy area): The 25th of the second month preceding publication date.
Free to non-profit organizations.
Get the word out! Visit the web site to post your ad.
mail, fax or email: CLASSIFIED@KRENEKPRINTING.COM Get prices online or call us 8:30a - 5p.
ADS@KRENEKPRINTING.COM (281) 463-8649 fax (281) 463-2425
Affordable advertising across Katy & Hwy 6. 7102 Glen Chase Ct. Houston, TX 77095
WANTED Wanted: To buy Rolex watches. 281-414-3597.
HELP WANTED I am in need of a driver to drive me around the Houston area. The job pays $10 an hour, times are flexible during the day and the driver would be driving my 2006 PT Cruiser. I pastor a church in the Houston area and would prefer the driver to live in Katy because I live in the Katy area. You may contact me at 281-599-9703 and my email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. Discovery Schoolhouse now hiring teachers and support staff. Must have experience working in a licensed child care facility, be flexible and dependable and have a passion for early childhood education. Call 281-401-9828 or send resume to email@example.com. Looking for a part time registered dental assistant for a state of the art dental office with digital xrays. Must be hard working and friendly. Please call 281394-7581 for more information. Now hiring Security Officers. Part time/full time on the job training. No experience necessary. Professional & reliable retired welcome. Must provide TDL, Soc. Sec. card, (clear criminal history). Excellent benefits, all shift available. Call today & set up interview. 281-759-1010. 1035 Dairy Ashford, Suite 225, Houston TX, 77079. Now Hiring! Do you love children? Small private preschool is now accepting applications. Must be dependable and energetic. Will train. Must have copy of High School Diploma or GED and copy of Social Security Card. Apply in person to 16618 Clay Road, Suite 400. 281-656-2273. Michelle’s Salon is looking for good experience hairstylist, massage therapist, nail tech and esthetician, lease or commission. 832-878-1052. The Pediatric Dentist of Katy is looking for a highly motivated Registered Dental Assistant. Our Pediatric Dental practice is located at 24022 Cinco Village Center Blvd., Suite 210 in Katy. Our office hours are Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 8 AM to 5 PM, with lunch from 12-1 PM. On Fridays we are open from 7:30 AM to 3 PM. Please bring by your resume in person.
HOMES/CONDOS FOR SALE
Dental Hygienist needed part-time, minimum 3 years experience, 2 days a week, 7 AM-4 PM, 9 AM-6 PM, days flexible, San Felipe/Voss. Fax Resume to 713-974-4760.
Bay House in Sargent, waterfront property with boat access to house, built in 2003. 2 BR’s, 2 car garage, vaulted ceilings, central AC/heat, storage shed attached to house, carport, enclosed stairway, water & sewer system. Call Bill at 979-429-6853.
3-2 spacious home in Katy, $1,200 monthly. Call Fred or Nataly 281-347-2494 for info.
Due to the amount of space involved and the response of those wishing to publish a Novena to St. Jude, a Novena to St. Jude will be published along with a list of initials of those wishing to publish one. We are sorry, but we cannot make exceptions. $5 Charge for each Novena per area. Please specify which area you would your Novena to appear in. - Krenek Printing.
NOVENA TO ST. JUDE
Housekeepers needed. Great hours for mom’s with school age children. 281-861-0394. Position available for an experienced hair stylist with a great attitude and good clientele. Benefits available. Call Images Hair Studio at 281-256-2286. Dental Assistant needed, at least 2 years of experience, must be state licensed. 281-550-0900. A growing residential construction co. locally owned & operated looking for advancement minded English speaking individual w/truck & tools. Call for more information 713-591-7825 or 713-446-6989. Paralegal - Katy area law firm looking for candidate with 5+ years experience. Ideal candidate should be proficient in Word and WordPerfect, be a selfstarter, possess excellent communication skills, strong attention to detail and the ability to work in a fast paced environment. Send resume & salary requirements to 281-398-1380. Residential Electrician(s): Journeyman or helper/ apprentice. Have experience, references & contact info. ready, beginners last employment info. 281-646-9928.
HOMES FOR LEASE
Two single females looking for one other to share a house in Green Trails, furnished bedroom, pool, tennis courts, washer and dryer. Non-smoker. $700/ month all utilities included. 832-723-3111.
TIMESHARES/VACATION HOMES Las Vegas Timeshare - On the Strip near the airport, sleeps 4, full kitchen, dining & living; jacuzzi in room, 2 TV’s/2 Phones, 2 pools outside building, fitness room, washer/dryer/safe in room, 4 days $355 7 days $500. No added fees. Cheryl 281-543-2409.
May the Sacred Heart of Jesus be adored, glorified, loved and preserved throughout the world, now and forever. Sacred Heart of Jesus have mercy on us. St. Jude, worker of miracles, pray for us. St. Jude help of the hopeless, pray for us. Say Novena 9 times a day for 9 days. It has never been known to fail. Publication must be promised. Thank you St. Jude – PB, LHA, LH-A.
Vacation home for rent: Hill country vacation home, Cedar Creek Cabin, new 2/2 with loft, fully furnished, huge front porch, satellite TV, beautiful views, abundant wildlife, Frio River at Concan near Garner State Park, sleeps 8. Call 866-7CON-CAN or go to www.frioman.com for more information.
KPM Management Mailing address P.O. Box 6333 Katy TX 77491-6333 16360 Park Ten Place #225, Houston, TX 77084
281- 685-3090 Fax 281-599-8822 firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions concerning pool & tennis courts access, grounds maintenance, pest control spraying, Association dues, ect., should be directed to KPM Management. IMPORTANT NUMBERS Emergencies - Fire/Ambulance 911 City of Katy Police (Non-emergency) 281-391-4848 Fort Bend Co. Sheriff’s Dept. (Non-emergency) 281-341-4665 City of Katy – Fire/Ambulance 281-391-3500 West I-10 Fire Dept/EMS Kingsland Blvd 281-492-8080 Business Phone 281-492-8048 Memorial Hermann Katy Hospital 281-644-7000 Texas Wildlife Rehabilitation 713-941-8972 City of Katy 281-391-4800 Reliant Energy 713-207-7777 Street Light Repair 713-207-2222 Republic Waste 713-849-0400 Comcast Cable 713-341-1000 Katy Family YMCA 281-392-5055 To report gas leaks 713-659-3552 SCHOOLS KISD Administration WoodCreek Elementary School WoodCreek Junior High Katy High School
281-396-6000 281-234-0100 281-234-0800 281-237-6700
LIBRARY Cinco Ranch Maude Marks Katy Library
281-395-1311 281-492-8592 281-391-3509
LOU'S PAINTING, Ltd. • Interior - Exterior
• Power Washing • Sheetrock & Texture • HardiPlank® Replacement • Minor Repairs
Your home is an expensive investment! Painting beautifies & preserves that investment! Mike McKay
"Doing business from the same location since 1978"
NEWSLETTER Krenek Printing Co. 281-463-8649 7102 Glen Chase Ct., Houston, TX 77095 www.krenekprinting.com New info: email@example.com Ad info: firstname.lastname@example.org Classified ads: email@example.com 35
Daylight Saving Time Ends
Published by: Krenek Printing 7102 Glen Chase Ct • Houston, TX 77095 • 281-463-8649 Woodcreek Reserve November 2011 email: firstname.lastname@example.org for articles • email@example.com for business ads • classiﬁed@krenekprinting.com for classiﬁed ads