PIN OAK VILLAGE
PRSRT STD U.S. POSTAGE
PAID KATY, TX. PERMIT #137
Published by Krenek Printing Co.
Katy Elks Attend Conference The annual Texas Elks State Association fall conference, held in Lubbock October 26-28, 2012, was attended by a number of local Elks. In addition to the usual general sessions, opportunities to visit and share ideas with Elks from throughout the state and special breakout groups, team ritual competition and two individual ritual contests were held. Katy had 3 winners in the individual competition. Bo Williamson placed 1st place in the Jolly Cork Toast and in the 11 O’Clock Vic Elliott Toast, Gary Frizzell placed 3rd and 1st was won by Norma Coston. In the team ritual event, Katy’s team placed 2nd in the state with a number of its members receiving honors. All State officers included Inner Guard - Patrick Wyckoff; Esquire - Mary Ellen Hopperdietzel; Candidate - Dan Tass and Leading Knight - Norma Coston. Rookie of the Year honors was captured by Bo Williamson. Katy coach Mike Callahan of the Houston Elks Lodge was presented with a recognition plaque for his efforts with the Katy team and his excellent example of Brotherly Love. Others from the Katy Elks Lodge attending were: Phil and Joey Stoltz, Bob and Sandi Boyett, Gerry and Susan McGill, Gail Tass and Kelly Minnick. One of the highlights of the conference included a presentation of fellow Elk from the Roswell New Mexico lodge, Rick Callaway. In 2001 Rick and his wife lost their daughter Lindsey, aged 16, to brain cancer. Since then they, along with daughter Jessie, have each year raised funds and collected donations of toys for the children at Covenant Children’s Hospital in Lubbock, the hospital that treated Lyndsey. One of the things Rick pointed out is that the children can feel a little more comforted and not as alone while they go through their testing and treatment if a stuffed animal is in their arms to hold and hug. Lyndsey’s younger sister, in fifth grade at the time of Lyndsey’s death, has fulfilled a dream and goal since that time and is now a nurse at the hospital that treated her sister and is doing her part to help others like Lyndsey. Elks from throughout New Mexico and Texas now aid in this effort exhibiting once again that “Elks Care Elks Share.” Anyone wishing to be a part of this effort or any of our local charitable causes can contact the Katy Elks Lodge at 281-391-2763.
January 2013 Published by: Krenek Printing 7102 Glen Chase Ct • Houston, TX 77095 • 281-463-8649 January 2013 Pin Oak Village email: email@example.com for articles • firstname.lastname@example.org for business ads • classiﬁed@krenekprinting.com for classiﬁed ads
CASI Chili Cook-off at Katy Elks Lodge
AIR CONDITIONING & HEATING, INC.
The aroma of chili was in the air at the Katy Elks Lodge over the weekend of November 17-18, 2012. Not one, but two CASI chili cook-offs were held. Saturday brought a crowd of 45 cookers vying for points leading to eligibility at the 2013 International Chili Cookoff at Terlingua, Texas, while Sunday had 28 entrants. For many competitors, chili cook-offs are a way of life, while for others, this was their first experience in the world of chili cooking. In addition to the chili competition, Saturday included both Salsa and Beans as “jackpot” events. On both days Showmanship was judged and points earned. The Salsa winner and Beans winner were one and the same: Nigel Delgado from Houston Elks Lodge #151.
19 pt. Heat Check-up or Service
Includes all discounts & Promotions Must Present Coupon at time of Service
License # TACLA1038C
Financing Available WAC Greater Houston
Geyer roofinG Specializing in Re-Roofing “We work as unto the Lord”
• Kitchens • Bathrooms • Windows / Doors • Floors • Hardi Siding • Rooms Additions • Complete Renovations • Patio Covers Rob Geyer
Visit our website
The Saturday chili winners were: 1st - Earl Gorham of Montgomery; 2nd - Howard Dahl of Shoreacres; 3rd - Ralph Hoy of Pasadena; 4th - Sherrie Davis of South Houston; 5th - Karin Barnes of Houston; 6th - Doris Greenlee of Houston; 7th - Ken Armand of Houston; 8th - Gilbert Butschek of Houston; 9th - Mick Joplin of Morgan and 10th - Melissa Pate of Houston; And in Showmanship: 1st - Charlie Throop; 2nd - Mick Joplin and 3rd - Kathryn Cavender. All the above listed chili and showmanship winners received points toward Terlingula. On Sunday the following winners also earned points in Chili: 1st Ken Armand of Houston; 2nd - Donna Foley of Galveston; 3rd - Molly Truitt of Friendswood; 4th - Phil Greenlee of Houston; 5th - Doris Greenlee of Houston; 6th - Susan Armand of Houston; 7th - Kent Cavender of Stafford; 8th - Scott Winter of League City; 9th - John Thompson of Spring and 10th - Melissa Pate of Houston. And in Showmanship the winners were: 1st - Doug Beasley; 2nd - Joe Braden and 3rd - Kent Cavender. Katy Elks Nancy and Kevin Draper organized and executed a great cook-off. Look for Katy Elks 2013 Chili Cook-off “same time - next year!” Now is the time to begin perfecting your chili recipe. For more information about CASI and qualifying cook-offs in the area, go to chili.org
Honor Martin Luther King, Jr. with Service January 21, 2013 will mark the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. federal holiday. This milestone is a perfect opportunity for Americans to honor Dr. King’s legacy through service. The MLK Day of Service empowers individuals, strengthens communities, bridges barriers, creates solutions to social problems and moves us closer to Dr. King’s vision of a beloved community. Why Serve on MLK Day of Service? Dr. King believed in a nation of freedom and justice for all and encouraged all citizens to live up to the purpose and potential of America by applying the principles of nonviolence to make this country a better place to live - creating the Beloved Community.
Pin Oak Village
REAL SCIENCE...REAL RESULTS Third-party clinical trials show that NeriumAD dramatically reduces the appearance of: • Fine lines and wrinkles • Hyperpigmentation • Uneven skin texture • Enlarged pores • Aging or sun-damaged skin
Don’t pay too much for filing your income taxes!!!
Partners Tax Services, LLC Enrolled to Practice before IRS
You’re invited to experience Real Results... Call Rebecca @ 281-507-4142 or visit my website
• Individual Income Tax forms 1040, 1040A & 1040EZ • Self Employed Schedule C • Rental Income Schedule E Mon-Fri 4-9 PM • Business Tax Returns Sat. 9 AM to 5 PM • IRS Notices? We can help • Year Round Service • Tax Return Amendments • Reasonable Rates & Examinations • Convenient Service • FREE E-File with your service • Hablamos ESPANOL Call us, you won’t be disappointed!!!
The MLK Day of Service is a way to transform Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.’s life and teachings into community action that helps solve social problems. That service may meet a tangible need or it may meet a need of the spirit. On this day, Americans of every age and background celebrate Dr. King through service projects that strengthen communities, empower individuals, bridge barriers and create solutions.
JANUARY 2013 Observances & Fun Facts January 2013 is observed as: • National Mentoring Month • National Glaucoma Awareness • Cervical Health Awareness Month • National Blood Donor Month • Thyroid Awareness Month • Birth Defects Prevention Month
• • • •
Dried Cranberries Raisins Jicama Taro Root
Astrological Signs: Capricorn (till 19th) & Aquarius (beginning 20th)
T he Residential & Commercial Cleaning Kleaning C ompany • Pool Services • Personal Assistant Care • Move-in/out • Competitive Rates • Locally Owned & Operated • Bonded & Insured • FREE PHONE ESTIMATE
www.thekleaningcompany.com “Relax, Your Home Is Clean Now.”
e r y First Visit Only
With this ad
Pin Oak Village
3) Recognize that every little bit of exercise helps. Some exercise is better than no exercise. If you’re busy or tired or not feeling well and you’re tempted to skip exercising, remember that every bit does a lot of good.
EATING HEALTHIER & TASTIER How can eating healthy be tasty? Oh yes it can! Exercise contributes just 40% towards weight loss. The remaining 60% is your INPUT! Eat healthier. It’s so easy.
For All Your Electrical Needs! No Job Too Small!
• Family Owned • Reliable • Affordable Enoc Garcia, Owner
• unload/load dishwasher • clean outside of appliances • sweep front porch • change linens & towels • dust window ledges & sills • remove trash • dust mini blinds & ceiling fans • damp wipe outside of cabinets • clean baseboards
Check out these 3 simple steps: 1) Get a full check-up from your physician first. You want to exclude any underlying health problems that could be dangerous when you’re exercising. You want to be cleared to exercise by your doctor before you begin. 2) Start slowly, maybe 20 minutes a day for three days a week, increasing your intervals in five-minute increments to hit exercising five to six times a week for 60 minutes a day, as the federal government suggests. Remember, when you exercise, your heart rate needs to be elevated. You need to be sweating and your heart needs to be pounding. It may take a little time to build up to that.
Birthstone: Garnet January Flower: Carnation Fruit & Veggies for January: • Tangerines • Sun Dried Tomatoes • Yucca Root • Sunchoke • Water Chestnut
Start a Realistic Exercise Program It’s a New Year and you’re making a promise to yourself to get in better shape and never be breathless again. This time YOU WILL DO THIS! How can you start a realistic exercise regime this time around and not get burned out?
• • • • • • • •
Commercial & Residential Rewiring Breaker Box Upgrades Ceiling Fans, Light Fixtures Troubleshooting Landscape Lighting Flat Screen TV Wall Installation Electrical Home Inspections
Free Estimates • Licensed & Insured • Same Day Service • All Work Warrantied
• Begin with cleaning out your kitchen pantry and fridge. Toss all full fat items, whole milk dairy products, foods with partially hydrogenated oils or shortening, chips and other fatty snacks. • Refill your pantry and fridge with goodness. Fill your fridge with fresh fruits and veggies that YOU will cut and enjoy. Your pantry should be stocked with oatmeal (not instant), whole wheat cream of wheat, whole grain cereals, unsalted/natural nuts and if you must have chips and cookies, opt for the low fat/low salt goodies with low saturated fat and zero trans fat. Be sure to purchase eggs with omega3’s, low fat or skim milk, cholesterol reducing butter spreads and tons of frozen veggies! • TOSS THE SALT. Enough said. • Use lots of spices. South Asian, Thai and Italian seasons are a super hit with everyday cooking. • Eat 6 times a day. That’s right, eat 6 meals a day. Begin at 7 AM, 10 AM, then 12 PM, 3 PM, 6 PM and at 9 PM. Your breakfast, lunch and dinners at 7, 12 and 6 will be a little heavier than the in between meals, but not by much. Your snack meals should include a fruit, protein and small carbohydrate. EAT UP!
10 Y clud
KATY INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT WWW.KATYISD.ORG IMPORTANT DATES
January 1st - 4th - Student/Staff Holiday January 7th - Student Holiday January 21st - Student/Staff Holiday
MORE THAN 165 PARTICIPATE IN 15 TH ANNUAL PROMISE TO READ PROGRAM Community members from Katy and the surrounding area recently stopped what they were doing to read to students in more than 345 classes as part of Katy ISD’s 15th annual Promise to Read program. Through Promise to Read, volunteers promised to spend 30 minutes reading to an elementary classroom during one week in November. This year, ten Katy ISD elementary campuses hosted the event with Partners in Education: Morton Ranch, Hutsell, Nottingham, Kilpatrick, King, Pattison, Mayde Creek, Griffin, Bear Creek and McRoberts Elementary. Host campuses rotate each year so that, over a three-year period, every Katy ISD elementary has an opportunity to participate. “Promise to Read has become a volunteer event that many in our community really look forward to. Most of our visiting readers return year after year,” says Sandi Meier, Katy ISD Promise to Read and Classroom Champions Coordinator. “Having a guest reader in the classroom is a fun treat for students, but it also promotes the lifelong joy of reading.” Readers represented a cross section of local companies and organizations including: Amegy Bank, American Kids Athletics, AXA Financial Advisors, Brazos Valley Schools Credit Union, CenterPoint Energy, Chick-Fil-A of Katy, City of Katy, CiCi’s Pizza, Cinco Ranch Conservatory of Music, ExxonMobil, First Victoria Bank, Grand Vision Center, Gary Greene Realtors, Harris County Sheriff’s Department, Hasta La Pasta, H-E-B Katy Market, Herff Jones Graduation Center, Houston Aeros, Houston Museum of Natural Science, Katy Area Chamber of Commerce, Kelliwood Animal Hospital, Members Choice Credit Union, Memorial Hermann, Omni Houston Hotel Westside, Orange Leaf Frozen Yogurt, Pediatric Dentists of Katy, Pepper Lawson Construction, Rainforest Café, SmartOrigami, The Shady Lady Window Coverings, Tradition Bank and Wood Group.
Pin Oak Village
Promise to Read is one of several community involvement programs offered by Katy ISD Partners in Education, the department that brings the community into the classroom. Find more information about Partners in Education at www.katyisd.org/community (website).
GEORGE FOUNDATION HIGH SCHOOL SCHOLARSHIPS NOW AVAILABLE FOR GRADUATING SENIORS For graduating seniors from Fort Bend County public high schools, The George Foundation has established a financial-need based scholarship program administered by Scholarship Management Services, a department of Scholarship America. Scholarships in the amount of $20,000, awarded $5,000 per year, are renewable for up to four years for full-time students attending an accredited two-or four-year public Texas institution of higher learning. Guidelines and applications can be found on www.thegeorgefoundation.org, the Foundation’s website. Deadline for applying is March 15, 2013. Questions may be emailed to email@example.com or by calling Theresa Kopnicky, Grant Associate, at 281-342-6109.
GIRL SCOUTS Galveston - Houston Archdiocesan Committee on Girl Scouting Book Review Day - Saturday, March 2, 2013, 8:30 AM - 11:30 PM St. Edith Stein Catholic Church, 3311 North Fry Road Katy, TX 77449 Carmel Hall - Rooms: 101,102 & 103
For more information please go to website: www.archgh.org/Scouting
Pin Oak Village
BOY SCOUTS HOMESCHOOL PACK 164 Cub Scouts is a fun way to teach boys about character, respect, responsibility and many other traits. Pack 164 is a Christian, home school Cub Scout Pack that services the Greater West Houston/Katy area. Pack 164 promotes service to God, to country and to others. If you are interested and your son is entering 1st through 5th grade, please contact “Van” VanZant at 281-851-8374 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Homeschool Pack 393 Cub Scout Pack 393 is a homeschool pack that serves the Katy area. If you have a boy between the ages of 6 and 10 (entered first grade through fifth grade this fall) and are wanting them to join an activity that is full of fun learning experiences, this is the group for you. To learn more about both scouting programs, upcoming summertime events and 393 please e-mail Sam Randolph at email@example.com
Texas Tech Parent Assoc. Greater W. Houston Chapter Bowling FUNDRAISER Our bowling event in January is a fundraising event for Texas Tech students, through Texas Tech Parent Association - Greater West Houston Chapter. Our bowling event will be held at Copperfield Bowl on Sunday, January 6th from 3-5 pm. Cost per person is $20 and includes 2 hours of bowling and shoe rental. Open to Texas Tech parents and students. RSVP is required. Visit www.texastechparents. org/group/GWH for more information.
City Wide Exterminating Pest & Termite Specialist • Over 28 Years in Business Owned & Operated by Local Katy Area Resident
General Pest Control Starts at $60 (tax included) No Contracts Needed.
Call David Chirtos to start protecting your home today!
Control fire ants for a full year! Call for details.
281-568-2055 832-275-8863 cell firstname.lastname@example.org
Second Semester =
STAAR, TAKS, EOC Dr. P can help your child succeed! Tutoring, Homework Relief, Study Skills and Test Prep
Katy Scholars Voted Best of Katy 2011 and 2012! US Commerce Association
Villagio Town Center Westheimer Pkwy and Peek Rd
Edith L. Moore Nature Sanctuary
Family Fun at the Historic Log Cabin Grand Re-Opening On Saturday, January 12th, from 12:30 - 5 PM, the public is invited to attend the Grand Re-Opening of the historic log cabin in the Edith L. Moore Nature Sanctuary, 440 Wilchester Blvd., Houston, TX. The cabin has just undergone a major restoration program and is now open once again for the many adult and children’s nature programs sponsored by Houston Audubon and the Audubon Docent Guild. Bring the family and tour the log cabin, meet live animals, enjoy nature activities and crafts and meet “Edith Moore,” the original owner of the cabin, as interpreted by local actress Linda Royce. This event is free. Please park in the Memorial Drive United Methodist Parking lot located at 12955 Memorial Drive and enter the nature sanctuary through the marked gate. visit www.houstonaudubon.org for more information.
LAS VEGAS NIGHT In the Community Life Center at St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Catholic Church 6646 Addicks-Satsuma Rd, Houston, TX 77084
Sponsored by the Knights of Columbus Council 8096
January 26, 2013 7:00 PM Ticket Donation $15/person MAY BE PURCHASED IN ADVANCE OR AT THE DOOR (All proceeds to benefit local Knights of Columbus charities)
• Black Jack • Craps • Roulette • Slot Machines
SNACKS AND DRINKS ARE INCLUDED (Donations Appreciated)
• Poker • And More!
BIG PRIZE AUCTION AT 10:30PM
BID & WIN A TRIP TO LAS VEGAS! For Tickets or Information Contact: Franklin 281-463-6122, email@example.com or Scott 713-898-3560
Come Join Us for Fun and Great Prizes!!! 6
NATURE PROGRAM FOR PRESCHOOL-AGED CHILDREN Enjoy the outdoors with your child (age 2 1/2 to 5) at Audubon nature programs (called the “Titmouse Club”) offered Tuesday mornings, 10:00 - 11:00 AM, at the Edith L. Moore Nature Sanctuary, 440 Wilchester. The programs feature fun nature talks, stories, activities and walks in the woods. Upcoming programs include: 2013 January 22nd & 23rd: Skunks January 29th & 30th: Alligators February 5th & 6th: Snakes February 12th & 13th: Bird Valentines February 19th & 20th: Insects & Inverts February 26th & 27th: Roly Poly Bugs March 5th & 6th: Ants March 12th & 13th: Ladybugs
March 19th & 20th: Birdwatching March 26th & 27th: Wildflowers & Gardening April 2nd & 3rd: Animal Babies April 9th & 10th: Busy Bees April 16th & 17th: Fish April 23rd & 24th: Frogs April 30th & May 1st: Dragonflies May 7th & 8th: Turtles May 14th & 15th: Pond Adventure
Pin Oak Village
The cost is $5 per child (or buy a 5-session card for $20) and the child must be accompanied by an adult during the program. Please park in the Memorial Drive United Methodist Church west parking lot at 12955 Memorial Drive and enter the sanctuary through the marked gate. The program will be held in the outdoor classroom. Call 713-464-4900 or go to www.houstonaudubon. org for more information.
ST. ELIZABETH ANN SETON KNIGHTS OF COLUMBUS “LAS VEGAS NIGHT” The Knights of Columbus Council 8096 of St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Catholic Church invite you to attend our 26th Charity Las Vegas Night. The event will be held on February 18, 2012, from 7:00 PM until 10:30 PM, at the church, 6646 Addicks Satsuma, in the Community Life Center. A prize auction will follow with fabulous items to bid on with the play money you win. Included will be a trip to Las Vegas, hotel stays, restaurant dinners, sports memorabilia, wonderful gift baskets, fantastic coupons and fabulous merchandise. We hope you will join us and promise you a fun-filled evening of Black Jack, Craps, Roulette, Poker, Slot Machines and other games. Snacks and drinks are included in the price. Donations appreciated. Bring your friends and neighbors. Tickets are only $15 per person and all proceeds will benefit local Knights of columbus Charities. For more information, please email Franklin Holub at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 281-463-6122.
Pin Oak Village
Keep Kids Connected Aluminum Can Recycling Collection Keep Kids Connected currently has a program called “Cans for a Cure” where aluminum beverage cans are collected and recycled and the proceeds are used to purchase computers and for pediatric cancer research. When: Saturday, Jan. 12, 2013 & February 9, 2013, 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM Where: Tradition Bank 550 Pin Oak, Katy 77494 (map) What: Aluminum Can Recycling Collection - Drop off your aluminum beverage cans to be recycled. Why: The money collected from recycling the cans is used to purchase computers. Thanks to Tradition Bank on Pin Oak Blvd. in Old Katy Remember - Every 2nd Saturday from 9 am - 12 pm To date Keep Kids Connected has delivered 349 computers to children with cancer or other life-threatening illnesses. This was made possible with the generosity of our donors and supporters. Keep Kids Connected is a 501 (c) (3) Non-Profit Organization through the generous donations of our patrons and sponsors, we are working with hospitals and doctors to provide Netbook computers to children with cancer or other life-threatening illnesses. For more information, contact Keep Kids Connected at: P.O. Box 1127, Katy, TX 77492 or email@example.com Potential computer recipients can check eligibility requirements and download an application at www.keepkidsconnected.org
Epiphany Church will host Job Fair for Professionals
Job Fair for Professionals on Thursday, January 24, 2012, from 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM at Epiphany Church at 1530 Norwalk Drive. The event
Come learn and have fun! 3514 Greenbusch Rd. Katy, Texas 77494 Phone: (832) 437- 6186
Early swim lessons set a positive foundation towards a lifetime of participation in a variety of water sports and aquatic adventures. Our goal at Texas Swim Academy is to provide the families in Katy and the greater Houston area access to a result oriented swimming program. We will advance students from water safety to confident water enjoyment.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org • www.texasswimacademy.com is free and there will be 50 companies represented for jobs from Receptionist to Vice President in the areas of finance, healthcare, IT and engineering to name a few. A list of the companies that are participating and the openings they have, will be given to job candidates on the morning of the fair. To ensure we have the most current information from our participating employers, this list will not be distributed prior to the day of the event. This event is geared toward degreed, career-minded, professional job candidates. Candidates with no/some college, but substantial related work experience would also be well suited for this event. Bring plenty of resumes.
NOT INTERESTED IN GOING TO THE CARNIVAL YOURSELF? You can send an Armed Forces member to enjoy the Carnival! In 2012, HLSR welcomed thousands of military men/women and their families to Houston. Through donations, these service personnel were able to enjoy the rides and games at the HLSR carnival. Would you be willing to make that happen? You can donate online with your credit card and designate it to the HLSR Armed Forces Day. The Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo is a Section 501(c)(3) charity, so your donation is tax deductible. Every dollar you contribute says thank you to our troops! The dates for 2013 events are: February 21st - February 23rd World’s Championship BBQ Contest February 25th - March 14th RODEOHOUSTON (visit www.hlsr.com for more details on entertainment lineup)
Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo TICKETS
To order now, view this secure link: https://secure.rodeohouston.com/carnivaltickets/?salesco de=1001389
The Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo is one of the Southwest’s largest charities, as well as the world’s largest show. Each year, nearly 35,000 students are impacted by the Show through competitions, scholarships and more. Since the inception of its scholarship program in 1957, HLSR has committed more than $300 million to Texas students and education programming Half-Price Carnival Packs are now on SALE. The carnival books have scan cards instead of actual little tickets as well as food coupons. The $50 book ($131.50 value) contains 2 scan cards with 75 “ticket credits” on each and the $10 book ($30.50 value) has 1 scan card with 22 “ticket credits.” AGAIN this year - The Carnival Scan Cards are good for MIDWAY GAMES, as well as the RIDES! Get your World Championship BBQ tickets and Reliant Park admission tickets on-line as well!
or download this QR code to go directly to the order page: or log onto www.hlsr.com - Go to Ticket icon on top, click Half-Price Carnival Packs, click “BUY NOW” to purchase. Enter KEY CODE: 1001389 or select Leanne M. Wells to buy tickets. The RODEOHOUSTON entertainer lineup will be released in early January, with 5 entertains already announced. So start making your plans now and get your 1/2 price carnival value packs TODAY! Contact Leanne Wells at 281-770-2093 or email email@example.com to get your Half-Price Carnival Packs.
Pin Oak Village
6734 Westheimer Lakes N Drive Katy, TX 77494 Full Service Veterinary Care (Next to La Finca Mexican Restaurant on 1093)
GIRLZ GONE RIGHT • Right Foundation • Right Character • Right Relationships featuring Pam Stenzel Presented by Pregnancy Help Center of West Houston
When: Thursday January 17, 2013 at 11:30 AM CST -to-Saturday January 19, 2013 at 1:00 PM CST Where: Pregnancy Help Center of West Houston 1450 E. Summitry Circle Katy, TX 77449
HOUSTON, we have a problem! Adults who are too busy, too tired, too whatever to be bothered TEACHING and MODELING respect and integrity to their students, decide it is better to just offer them the morning after pill at SCHOOL, without consent of parents! Be realistic, they are ALL going to “do it anyway!” What message are we sending our young people? Who is going to speak TRUTH in love to this generation of young women? Where are they going hear that they are valuable? From MTV? FACEBOOK? The boy sitting behind them in Math? The school clinic handing them a chemical hormonal drug cocktail? It is time to WAKE-UP. We need to remind ourselves and those we place our children in the care of, that PARENT’S MATTER and that going behind our backs is not, nor will EVER BE in the best interest of our girls. • Thursday, January 17, 2013 - we would like to invite you (Pastors, Community Leaders, Educators) to LUNCH with Pam Stenzel. • Friday, January 18, 2013 - come join us for a frank discussion of how PARENTS MATTER (Parents, Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles, Brothers, Sisters & children included). • Saturday, January 19, 2013 - This “morning out” is for TEEN GIRLS and their Mom’s (Aunts, Grandmothers, Sisters)! It is a simple event that brings mom’s and daughters together to begin conversations that will help teen girls be TRANSFORMED by God’s WORD and not conformed to the WORLD! Don’t be the one that says “It’s hopeless, they are all doing it anyway.” Be the one that says “You are valued, you are loved, you are worth respecting and you have the strength and grace you need to make the right choice!!” Will you join me? Register now… Go to www.phckaty.org for more information or call 281-599-0909.
St. Peter’s United Methodist Church Early Childhood Development Center Registration for the 2013-2014 school year for St. Peter’s United Methodist Church - Early Childhood Development Center starts January 9, 2013 and ends January 23, 2013. Registration forms will be available at these times in the St. Peter’s ECDC Office. We offer classes that are developmentally and socially appropriate for children ages 15 months to 5 years. We are located at 20775 Kingsland Blvd., Katy, TX 77450. For more information call the St. Peter’s ECDC Office at 281-492-0623 from 9 AM – 3 PM.
Pin Oak Village
• Vaccinations and WellPet Plans • Spay / Neuter / Surgery • Medicine • Heartworm/Flea on &Vaccinations Tick Prevention with • Allergy Treatmentour WellPet Plans • Arthritis and Pain Management • In-House Laboratory/Digital X-Ray
With Coupon. Not valid with any other offer. One per family • Expires on 7-31-12
Full Service Veterinary Care
F R E E N E W P• Vaccinations E T E XandAWellPet M Plans
• Spay / Neuter / Surgery With coupon. Not valid with any other offer. 1 coupon per family • Medicine • Heartworm / Flea & Tick Prevention 6734Treatment Westheimer Lakes N Dr. • Allergy • Arthritis & Katy, Pain Management TX. 77494 • In-House Laboratory / Digital X-Ray
(next to La Finca Mexican Restaurant on 1093) Hours: M-F 7am - 6pm • Sat 8am - 12pm
Hours: M-F 7am-6pm • Sat 8am - 12pm
www.thewellpetcenter.com www.thewellpetcenter.com Accepting Appointments and Drop-Offs Now Accepting Appointments and Drop-Offs Now wery
ELECTRICIAN 5 Year Warranty* 100% Customer Satisfaction Guaranteed!
$30 Off Any Service Call! WIRED 713-467-1125 281-897-0001 P P P P P P
Not to be combined with any other discount or offer.
Electrical Services Residential & Commercial
Mount Flat Screens Generators Lighting Add Circuits Panel Replacement Cable/Phone Now Installing Solar Panels
24/7 Service • Same Rates 7 Days a Week Family Owned & Operated Award Winner
Master #100394 • TECL #22809
Build a bundle. Save a bundle. Khalid Alrashed, Agent Toll Free: 877-403-1018 Fax: 713-777-0201 www.kaainsurance.com firstname.lastname@example.org
Bundle auto, home and life for big State Farm discounts. ®
So let me show you how State Farm can help protect all the things that matter most – for a lot less than you think. GET TO A BETTER STATE. CALL ME TODAY.
State Farm, Bloomington, IL
SPRING EVENTS... SAVE THE DATES!
Pope john xxii High School COMMUNITY WIDE GARAGE SALE
New Creation Lutheran Church Dave Ramsey’s Financial Peace University is Coming!
Pope john xxii High School, 1800 West Grand Parkway N., Katy, TX 77449, located on the corner of franz and w. Grand parkway, will host a community wide garage sale on Saturday March 2, 2013, from 7:30 AM to 12 noon, in the school gym (rain or shine). 12x12 spaces are available to rent for $30, if interested. Please contact Ana Sanchez at email@example.com regarding community garage sale. Space is limited, so act fast!
St. Bartholomew the Apostle Catholic Church Plans Annual Bazaar St. Bartholomew the Apostle Catholic Church is holding their annual Bazaar on Saturday, May 4th from 6 PM to 10 PM and Sunday, May 5th from 10 AM to 5 PM on the church grounds, 5356 Eleventh Street in Old Katy. Saturday night will feature a Silent Auction, BBQ dinner and a kids meal with a Sweet Shop, as well as music and the country store. Sunday will feature the Live Auction at 1 PM, Entertainment, Food Booths, Games, Cake Walk, Dunk Tank, Country Store and will provide fun for all ages. Come on out and join us for a fun-filled family event. For more information about St. Bart’s and upcoming events, go to www.st-bart.org or call the parish office at 281-391-4758.
January 5th - 10 am Bob Lutts Fulshear/Simonton Branch Library 6920 Katy Fulshear Road, Fulshear 77441 New Creation Lutheran Church is hosting a free preview of Dave Ramsey’s Financial Peace University. This life-changing class will help you achieve your financial goals by showing you how to eliminate debt, save for the future and give like never before. You will be challenged and motivated to make a plan for your money and change your family tree forever. For more information, please call Sig Cornelius at 832-386-9772.
food drive New Creation will host a food drive, “Meat for the KCM Food Pantry,” the week of January 20th through 27th. Donation containers will be displayed at Dozier Meat Market, Sweet Tooth Shoppe and other local businesses. The meat locker at the Food Pantry need to be restocked as hunger continues in the community year round! Your donation will be spent at a local business to support this important ministry. Donations will also be accepted at the January 13th Worship service held 10:00 Am at the Irene Stern Community Center. Come out and meet your neighbors! 832-492-5136.
Pin Oak Village
into buying or selling a home...
Talk to someone who knows the waters! I get my clients
of the asking price... and in less days on the market!
Estate l a e R r u o Y or Life! f e c r u o s e R
281-391-SOLD (7653) www.lizcarter.com
New Creation hosts Free Coffee & Hot Chocolate at the Sweet Tooth Shoppe! New Creation arrived in Fulshear promising to share God’s love. What they didn’t tell us was that it comes with free ice cream! The launch team headed by Pastor Dale Olson is giving a free scoop of ice cream, coffee or hot chocolate to anyone who shows up at the Sweet Tooth Shoppe between 2 and 4 PM on Saturday, January 12th. The Sweet Tooth Shoppe, located at 8503 FM 359 in downtown Fulshear, is an old fashioned candy and ice cream store. There will also be a drawing for a gift certificate. Area residents are starting to enjoy having this new church in town!
New Anglican Church Opens A new church, Grace Anglican Community, has scheduled its Grand Opening for 10:30 am, January 13th at WoodCreek Elementary, 1155 WoodCreek Bend Lane, Katy, TX. “We are both historical and contemporary,” says Robert Henson, founding Rector. Our worship will include the richest, most faithful elements of the Christian heritage: scripture, song, bread and wine but it is done in a style that speaks to the needs and lives of people today. Our goal is to help people grow in faith. No matter where a person is in their faith journey, we are here to help.” “We also major in kids and youth,” says Karen Henson, Children’s Minister. “During these years, people are the most open and receptive to their faith. Our kids will learn while having fun.” Grace Anglican Community is a member of the Anglican Church in North America, which is part of the world wide Anglican Church, a global community of more than 70 million Christians. More information is available at the website, www.graceanglicankaty. com or by firstname.lastname@example.org - our email.
Pin Oak Village
Our Family Serving Your Family Since 1976 Congregation Or Ami Mah Jongg Tournament Come play in the Congregation Or Ami Mah Jongg Tournament. The event takes place on Sunday, February 3, 2013 from 9 am until 3 pm. The registration fee is $36, which includes lunch. So, spend some time with friends, have some fun and maybe even win a prize!! Your check is your RSVP. Checks should be made payable to Congregation Or Ami. Please list “Mah Jongg Tournament” in the check memo section. Checks need to be mailed to Congregation Or Ami at 3443 Wilcrest Drive, Houston Texas 77042. For further information, contact Congregation Or Ami at 713-334-4300.
The Katy Christian Women’s Connection Will be hosting A West Side Christian Women’s Conference Focusing on “A Woman’s Heart” A day of dynamic inspirational speakers, praise and worship! Saturday, February 16, 2013
8 am - 4 pm
Cinco Ranch Church of Christ 6655 S. Mason RdKaty, Texas 77450 Prepaid reservations needed by January 30, 2013 For more information, please visit our website at: www.KatyCWC.org or call Cathie at 713-304-3225
WINTER CLEANUP SPECIAL
20% Off Entire House or Roof Cleaning
FREE Estimates and Demos!
Roof Cleaning - No Pressure Damage Free Power Washing - Low Pressure Damage Free Pressure Washing - High Pressure
281-392-2304 Exterior House Cleaning Specialists Power for Today Bible Study and Prayer “Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.” Matt 6:34 Held every 3rd Tuesday - 6:30-7:30 pm Omni Hotel Westside - Café on the Lake 13210 Katy Freeway Houston, Texas 77079 281-558-8338
Jewish Religious School Shalom Cypress is an organization that was established in 2011 by local families seeking a Jewish presence in our area. Shalom Cypress is an effort to foster Jewish life in Northwest Houston & Cypress Area. The intent of the class is for our children to affiliate, recognize and get excited about Jewish Holidays and our history. Email info@ shalomcypress.org to register your children for our Spring Semester Weekly Religious Class. Please go to www.shalomcypress.org for more information on our organization.
David L. Bartine CPA, CFE • Certified Public Accountant • Certified Fraud Examiner • Forensic Accounting and Litigation Support • Federal Income Tax • Accounting Practice
New Latter-day Saint Congregation in Katy
GREEN LEAF TREE SERVICE • TREE TRIMMING • TREE PRUNING • TREE REMOVAL • STUMP GRINDING • TREE PLANTING • PALM TREE PRUNING • LANDSCAPE RENOVATION • MULCHING • SEASONAL COLOR • HARDSCAPES • WATER FEATURES
Free Estimates Fully Insured
RESIDENTIAL / COMMERCIAL
Growth in the Katy area has led to the need for a new congregation in the Katy Stake of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. A congregation, called a ward, is a geographic area with about 300-600 church members. When an area sees growth, such that local wards are reaching the upper size limits, a new ward is formed. That is what happened this October in Katy, with the creation of the new Katy Mills Ward. Portions of the existing Katy 1st Ward, Katy 3rd and Katy 4th, make up the new ward. Katy Mills Ward now serves 350 church members south of I-10, between Woods Road on the west and Mason Road on the east, with the south boundary approximately at FM 1463. The Katy Mills Ward is one of eleven congregations that make up the Katy Stake. The Church presence in Katy began with one member in around 1950 and has steadily grown since then and now includes several thousand Latter-day Saints. The bishop or lay leader of the Katy Mills Ward is Cody Larsen, who works as a finance manager at Phillips 66 and Company. Bishop Larsen will be assisted in leading the congregation with two coun-
Pin Oak Village
selors: Robert Lund and Dave Bleazard. They began immediately setting up leadership for various auxiliary organizations, for youth, children and adults. The new Katy Mills Ward meets at the LDS meetinghouse at 1928 Drexel Road in Katy, sharing that building with two other wards. Their Sunday meetings start at 11:00 AM. Visitors are always welcome. Times and locations for all wards can be found at Mormon.org; click on “visit us,” enter an address and the appropriate location and meeting schedule will be supplied. Alternatively, clicking on the map to locate a nearby meeting is also an option on the webpage.
SENIOR CHURCH GROUPS Kingsland Baptist Church Weekly Events for Adult 55+ Game Day - Meet with us every Wednesday in the Crawford Fellowship Hall from 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM as we fellowship around the table playing Chicken Foot, Scrabble, Cards, etc. Senior Aerobics offered at Kingsland Baptist Church Please join our Adult 55+ exercise class at 11:00 - 11:45 AM each Thursday morning in the gym at Kingsland Baptist Church. Peggy Skaggs is our trained and certified instructor and the class is open to all levels. For more information, contact Mike Kelley at 281-492-0785. Kingsland Baptist Church is located at 20555 Kingsland Blvd. We are located across from Taylor High School Tennis Courts. For more information, you can visit us online at www.kingsland.org or call the church office at 281-492-0785.
Pin Oak Village
AREA BINGOS EPIPHANY BINGO
Epiphany conducts their bingo games every Friday night except holidays. There Is No Smoking Allowed During All Bingo Games. They have security, lighted parking, big screen color monitor, computerized bingo equipment, snack bar and large cash prizes. Profits benefit charitable outreach programs. Epiphany Catholic Church, Church Community Center, 1530 Norwalk Dr. (between Fry and Mason Roads, south of I-10 behind Nottingham Subdivision) off Highland Knolls. Early bird games begin at 7:30 PM and regular games at 8:00 PM. For more info, call the bingo hall number at 281-578-3905.
St. Bartholomew the Apostle Catholic Church BINGO At St. Bartholomew the Apostle Catholic Church in downtown Katy, “BINGO” is being played in our Parish Hall every Friday evening except Holidays. Doors open at 7:00 PM, games start at 7:15 PM with four Early Bird games. Regular games start at 7:30 PM. All profits will benefit community outreach and Religious Education programs. The Church is located in downtown Katy at 5356 Eleventh St. You can get to the church if traveling west on Hwy. 90 to Katyland Rd. Turn right at the light, go to the second stop sign (at the stadium) Eleventh St., turn left and the Church Hall will be on your right one block down. For more info., call 281-391-4758.
Want A Clean You Can Trust? Call Your Eco-friendly Carpet Cleaning Experts
• • • • •
Family Owned for over 35 years Eco-Friendly guarantee No harmful Toxic Chemicals Safe for your Pets & Family Insured & Bonded
Includes Soil Lifter & Pre-Spot Treatment • MAX 200sf per room • • Medium soiled carpets • • Stairs extra •
katy SPORTS West Houston Girls Softball Association Registration West Houston Girls Softball Association invites you to come join the fun! Registration is now OPEN for our Spring 2013 season. Make some new friends and enjoy the outdoors in a fun and exciting way. No experience necessary! Girls, ages 5-17, are eligible to play! Every girl makes a team and every girl plays. Registration can be completed online, in-person or by mail (visit our website for forms and dates): www.eteamz.com/whgsa. If you have questions, please feel free to email Kim Jowers at email@example.com
Katy Girls Softball Association SPRING BALL REGISTRATION
January 5 and 12, 2013 - 9:00 AM-2:00 PM January 9 and 16, 2013 - 6:30-8:30 PM All Registration at Academy I-10-Katy REGISTRATION FEE: $140 12 Game Season + EOS Tournament (Reg. Fee includes $30 worth of Raffle tickets) Season Starts March 9, 2013 Visit Our Website: kgsa.org or call 281-391-6890
Katy Pony Baseball Katy Pony Baseball for ages 4-17, co-ed, will be registering for the 2013 Spring Season on the following dates and locations: Frozen Ropes Baseball Training Facility: 20000 Park Row, Katy Saturday, January 12th - 10:00 AM-2:00 PM Academy Sports and Outdoors: I-10 and Grand Parkway, Katy Wednesday, January 16th and 23rd - 6:00 PM-8:30 PM Saturday, January 19th - 10:00 AM-2:00 PM Or register online at www.katyponybaseball.org through January 20th.
SERVING ALL OF GREATER HOUSTON
281-962 - 4000 www.carpettouch.com
Katy American Little League’s 2013 Spring Season Registration is now open! Register on-line today at www.KatyAmerican.org Our league offers various divisions for children who are age 5-16 year old, on or before April 30, 2013. Katy American is also pleased to announce the addition of the new Intermediate Division!!! Little League has introduced the new Intermediate division (OPEN BASES) this year for 11 and 12 year old players, which will now play on 70 foot base paths and 50 foot pitching distances. This holiday; give your child the gift of a season of baseball at Katy American Little League. It’s a season of fun and happy memories that lasts beyond the holidays.
i9 Sports Registration is open for fall Flag Football, Basketball, Soccer and T-Ball/Baseball leagues in Katy! i9 Sports is the #1 provider of youth sports leagues, camps and instructional clinics in the country for kids ages 3-14. We focus on fun, skills and sportsmanship with a commitment to safety. For more information, please visit www.i9sports.com or call 281-398-PLAY (7529).
Volleyball Please contact Dean at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in playing volleyball. You must be at least 18 years old and be able to play at intermediate level. We play at different locations in and around Katy area.
Katy Rugby Club Fun for all the family. All ages welcome - boys & girls. Training every Sunday 2-4 PM, at Beck Junior High school Football Field. For more information, visit www.katyrugbyclub.com
Katy Valkyries HIGH SCHOOL GIRLS LACROSSE The Katy Valkyries is a varsity team competing in the Texas Girls High School Lacrosse League and accepts players from all KISD high schools. Lacrosse experience is not necessary to join the team - we will teach you the skills and game strategy. Please see our new website at: www.katyvalkyries.org for additional information.
Pin Oak Village
Pediatric Dentist of Katy, PA
a style for every point of view™
Benjamin T. Po Jr., DDS 24022 Cinco Village Center Blvd. Suite 210 • Katy, TX 77494
281-693-9100 www.PediatricDentistofKaty.com Most Insurance Plans Accepted
New Patients Welcome Children’s Play Area
Doug and Loree Brazil, Local Owners
Manual & Motorized Window Coverings • Shutters • Draperies Wood Blinds • Honeycomb Shades • Roller & Sun Shades Vertical Blinds • Woven Woods • Roman Shades • Valances Custom Draperies • Solar Screens • And More...
ture Seri All Signa ro P ducts
Each Franchise Independetly Owned & Operated
Professional Measuring & Installation Residential & Commercial Call today for your Free In-Home Consultation & Estimate
www.budgetblinds.com Serving Katy, West Houston and Sugarland
Turf Bowl Champions KYF Rookie Saints After an undefeated regular season, the KYF Rookie Saints clinched the title of Turf Bowl Champions on November 18, 2012 at Rhodes Stadium! Coach Steve Guzzetta, along with our other coaches, guided these 3 rd Graders to a Flawless Season! The kids were so excited to finish the season off with this Victory! This is their second trip to the Turf Bowl, but their First Championship Title.
Congratulations to Local Gymnast Victoria Deuterio
Congratulations to Victoria Deuterio of Champion Gymnastics who qualified and competed in the Texas South Level 4 State Championships. Victoria took 1st All Around in her division with a total score of 38.3, 2nd place out of 303 Level 4 gymnasts. Victoria is finishing a strong season. Out of seven meets, she has five 1st All Arounds, one 3rd and one 4th place title. Way to Go Victoria!
Women’s Basketball League Looking for as many ladies as possible to play. Ages 16+. Contact Krystal Horn for more information at email@example.com
Westside Golf League
Westside Golf League is actively encouraging new members. We invite you to join us every Tuesday morning at Cinco Ranch Golf Club. Our purpose is to allow ladies of all levels to meet new friends and have fun while improving golfing skills. For more information contact Sue Crookson at 281-3924913 firstname.lastname@example.org or Yana Dommert at 281-394-2481 email@example.com or Kathy Smith 815-715-3892.
Pin Oak Village
ELECTRICIAN • ELECTRICIAN • ELECTRICIAN On-time Guarantee
7 Year Warranty FREE Safety Inspection Licensed & Insured
We’re On-time - You’ll See or the Repair is Free!
Save Money! Straight Forward Pricing Know the Price Before We Start!
100% Customer Satisfaction Guaranteed Satisfied Today ... Satisfied for Life
Clean, Courteous Service Employee Uniform Policy for Your Security.
Residential & Commercial
Off Work Performed
Not valid on service call fees. Cannot be combined with any other offers Must present coupon.
We Install or Repair Everything Electrical!**
7 Day Service
No Need to Wait! **Call for Details
100% Financing WAC
Tony Durr - Master Electrician Mr. Sparky - Houston, TX
281-617-2231 THEATER/ARTS Houston Family Arts Center Announces 2012-2013 Season Memories and Traditions The Houston Family Arts Center announces its 8th subscription season, an exciting line-up of plays and musicals all of which reflect the theme of “memories and traditions.” The season includes a timeless American classic, a stunning Tennessee Williams drama, three Tony Award-winning Best Musicals, the “revival” version of a musical with characters created by cartoonist Charles M. Schultz and two hilarious comedies. Season subscriptions are available for $92-$144 and offer incredible savings, exclusive benefits and personalized customer service. Subscribers save as much as 30% off single-ticket prices. HFAC subscriber perks include the opportunity to pick the best seats before they go on sale to the general public, an opening night reception, and recognition in every Playbill. Patrons can purchase their subscriptions online at www.houstonfac.com or call the HFAC box office at 281-685-6374.
Houston Family Arts Center 20122013 Main Stage Season You’re A Good Man, Charlie Brown (Jan. 25 - Feb. 10, 2013 on the Garza Main Stage) Annie (March 1-17, 2013 at the Berry Center) Leaving Iowa (April 5-21, 2013 on the Garza Main Stage) Over the River and Through the Woods (June 7-23, 2013 on the Garzas Main Stage) Fiddler on the Roof (July 12-28, 2013 at the Berry Center)
PECKHAM PARK ACTIVITIES These classes are free with priority to Harris Co. residents. 5597 Gardenia, 281-391-4482 - web www.pct3.hctx.net PRIORITY IS GIVEN TO HARRIS COUNTY RESIDENTS AMERICAN RED CROSS CLASSES - Community Lay Responder: Cost is $27 (Check or money order only & No Refunds). Includes Adult CPR with AED, Infant/Child CPR and Standard First Aid. This class is Saturday March 9, 2013 at 10:30 AM-3:30 PM. Registration will begin Monday, February 4, 2013 for Harris County Residents & those who reside within the Katy City Limits, Tuesday, February 5, 2013 for those who reside outside Harris County or the City Limits of Katy.
LAND CARDIO CLASSES - This classes combines aerobics and muscle conditioning. Mondays: Cardio Muscle Ball - 10:30 AM - 11:30 AM, Tuesdays: Zumba - 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM (must call Tuesday starting at 7 AM for reservations) Fridays: Cardio Muscle Interval - 10:30 AM - 11:30 AM Saturdays: Zumba – 8:15 AM - 9:15 AM (must call Friday starting at 7 AM for reservations) CARDIO-MUSCLE CONDITIONING - This class combines aerobics and muscle conditioning. Tuesdays & Thursdays, 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM. YOGA – This class exercises every part of the body, stretching and toning the muscles and joints, the spine and the skeletal system. It also reduces physical and mental tension, leaving you feeling calm and refreshed. Tuesdays & Thursdays, 9:30 AM - 10:45 AM. MEDITATION - An ancient Chinese art of mind-body relaxation and healing. Its benefits include increased energy, enhanced concentration, stress reduction. Saturdays, 9:00 AM - 10:30 AM. KARATE - The American Society of Karate has classes for ages 6 years and up. For more information call Ian Ekblad-Frank at 832-722-8819
Pin Oak Village
Behlmann Law Firm, LP
2nd Generation Tree Expert
Estate Planning & Asset Protection
• • • • • • •
Let US Save YOUR Trees! • Pruning • Tree Removal • Stump Removal • Fertilization • Lot Clearing • Deep Root Aeration
Living Trusts, Wills & Probate Medicaid & VA Planning “Miller Trusts”, Elderlaw Powers of Attorney & Health Care Directives Special Needs Planning LLC’s & Family Limited Partnerships Business Formation & Planning
Board Certified in Estate Planning & Probate Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization
$25 OFF Any Service $75 OFF Any Service over $550
Free Initial Estate Planning & Probate Consultations Early Evening & Saturday Appointments
with this coupon
Author of “The Five Biggest Mistakes in Estate Planning”
Free Estimate Given Prior to Work
www.arbormastertreeexperts.com Katy Resident
Richard Behlmann Attorney
21218 Kingsland Blvd., Katy, Texas 77450
Bonded & Fully Insured
or firstname.lastname@example.org (email). Must register for each session. Tuesdays, 6:00 PM-7:00 PM -Junior class 6-12 years and Tuesdays, 7:00 PM-8:00 PM- Senior class 13 & up FITNESS MACHINES – This is a time when you can work out on your own on the fitness equipment. You must be 16 year and up & bring a full size towel and wear tennis shoes. Various times available daily. The machines are closed during class times. POOL WATER AEROBICS - This one hour class is low-impact, which is easy on the joints. Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays, 9:05 AM - 10:05 AM & 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM. Tuesdays & Thursdays, 9:05 - 10:05 AM & 6:00 - 7:00 PM. ARTHRITIS AQUATICS - This class consists of range of motion, muscle strengthening and endurance-building activities. Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays, 12:15 PM - 1:15 PM. MUST HAVE A RELEASE FORM SIGNED BY A PHYSICIAN. DEEP WATER AEROBICS - This hour class is a high cardio vascular workout. A flotation device is advised. Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays & Fridays, 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM. Recreational Swim (call to reserve a spot) - Monday, Wednesday, Friday, 10:30 am - 12:00 pm. Thursday, 4:15 pm - 5:45 PM - Saturday & Sunday, 1:30 pm-3:00 pm. Lap Swim/Water Walk - Various times daily. American Red Cross Swim Lessons – Ages 6 months – Adults. Call or come in to get schedule for lessons. Cost is $50.
Fort Bend Master Gardeners
For information on Ft. Bend Master Gardeners or lists of events, visit www. fbmg.com or call the Master’s Gardener’s Hotline at 281-341-7068. Anyone with an interest in gardening is encouraged to attend our events.
TEXAS MASTER NATURALIST TRAINING
If you enjoy nature and would like to learn more, do more and/or teach young people about the great outdoors, consider joining others in a local chapter of Texas Master Naturalists. There are 60 or so friends and neighbors in the Fort Bend County area who are members and invite you to check out the organization at www.coastalprairie.org . Contact email@example.com with any questions.
Sugar Land Garden Club
Sugar Land Garden Club meets at the Sugar Land Community Center, 226 Matlage Way, Sugar Land 77478. For more information visit www. sugarlandgardenclub.org or call 281-491-1621. Sugar Land Garden Club was established in 1932 and is one of the largest garden clubs in Texas. Membership is open to all.
West Fort Bend County Republican Women
Are you interested in meeting your local elected officials? Would you like to know how Congress is dealing with “hot” items during this session? Contact Susan at 281-633-2277 or BurgerBizInc@aol.com for information on our group.
CY-FAIR PLUMBING Quality Repairs at a Reasonable Price Specializing in Residential Repairs! Licensed & Insured for your Protection All Repairs Performed by a Licensed Plumber MPL #36937 • FREE ESTIMATES
www.cy-fairplumbing.com January 2013
$15 OFF ANY REPAIR
Certain restrictions apply.
Pin Oak Village
Iva’s Clean & Shine Housecleaning Service Serving all your Home & Office Cleaning Needs • Reasonable Rates • High Quality Work • Free Estimates • Bonded
Your First Cleaning “We aren’t happy until you are”
Wood • Ornamental Iron • Chain Link
• Privacy & Security Fences Free Estimates! • Breezeway & Pool Fences 281-500-6800 • Entry Enclosures • Custom Designs w e y www.AmriFence.com
Fort Bend County Libraries (FBCL) Public Information Office - 281-341-2677 Children’s Book Week - January 20 th-26 th Every Fort Bend County baby born during this week may receive a special baby book bag, courtesy of the Friends of Fort Bend County Library. Each bag contains a book, a bib, a special certificate, a list of suggested reading for children and information on parenting and on library services. Baby book bags will be given to babies born during that week at OakBend Medical Center in Richmond, Memorial Hermann Sugar Land Hospital, Methodist Sugar Land Hospital and the Fort Bend Family Health Center, but ALL Fort Bend County babies who are born during Children’s Book Week are eligible to receive one, while supplies last. Families of Fort Bend babies born at other locations during Children’s Book Week should call the Youth Services department, at 281-341-2634, to receive their book bag.
Family Reading Club - January 20 th-March 2 nd This six-week program is designed to encourage families to read, learn and have fun together. All Fort Bend County families are eligible to participate. Families who read 36 books or 6 hours - 6 books per week or 60 minutes per week - will be entered into a drawing for a $50 dining gift card, donated by the Friends of the Library. Each branch library will have a drawing for the gift card on March 4th. A single registration is required for each participating family. An adult (parent or guardian) is asked to register the family online by going to the library’s website (www.fortbend.lib.tx.us) and clicking on the “Family Reading Club Sign-Up” image, which will become available January 19th. Families may also register at one of the libraries in the Fort Bend County library system. Upon registering, families will then have their own online page on which to record their books or reading time. There is no charge to join the Family Reading Club. The program is sponsored by Fort Bend County Libraries and the Friends of the Library organizations that support the county library system.
CINCO RANCH BRANCH LIBRARY (FT. BEND CO. LIB.)
2620 Commercial Center Blvd., Katy, TX 77494, 281-395-1311, Hours Mon. 12 Noon - 9 PM, Tues. 10 AM - 9 PM, Wed. 10 AM 6 PM, Thurs. 10 AM - 9 PM, Fri. 12 Noon - 5 PM, Sat. 10 AM - 5 PM, Sun. Closed. All programs are free and open to the public. For more information, call the Cinco Ranch Branch Library at 281-395-1311 or the library’s Public Information Office at 281-341-2677. LIBRARY CLOSINGS: New Year’s Day - January 1st Martin Luther King, Jr. Day - January 21st • CINCO RANCH NIGHT READERS’ TO DISCUSS ‘The Eye of Jade’ - The Night Readers’ book club will meet on Thursday, January 17th beginning at 7:00 PM, in Conference Room 2. The literary-review club is free and open to the public. • ADULT COMPUTER CLASSES - All computer classes will take place in the Computer Lab. Reservations are required. To register online at the library’s website (www.fortbend.lib.tx.us), click on “Calendar,” select “Cinco Ranch Branch Library” and find the program. Participants may also register by calling the library at 281-395-1311 or by visiting the library. Google Tools: Tuesday, January 8th - 10:00 AM eBay for Beginners: Thursday, January 17th - 10:00 AM MS Excel 2007 Survival Basics: Thursday, January 24th - 10:00 AM MS Word 2007 Survival Basics: Tuesday, January 29th - 10:00 AM WEEKLY CHILDREN’S PROGRAM SCHEDULE • Mother Goose Time: Tuesdays at 10:30 am, provides caregiver/ infant activities and songs especially designed for the youngest book-lovers, from age 1 month to 12 months.
Pin Oak Village
• Toddler Time: Wednesdays and Thursdays at 10:30 am - offers caregiver/child activities, stories and songs for older babies, from 12 to 36 months of age. • Story Time: Age 3-6, where they hear stories, watch movies and participate in age-appropriate craft activities, beginning at 2:00 pm each Tuesday. • Pajama Night Story Time: Thursdays at 7:00 pm - gives families an evening option for the activities presented during the daytime. • Kinder Korner: a time for kindergartners to enjoy stories, movies, crafts and other activities - takes place on the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays at 4:30 PM.
POOLS, HARDSCAPES & LANDSCAPES • NEW POOL CONSTRUCTION • • POOL REMODELS & REPAIRS • • POOL CLEANING SERVICE •
• The After-School Breaks: 1st and 3rd Wednesday of the month at 4:30 PM - crafts, movies, stories and more for school-aged children entering first through fifth grades. • The Tween Café, which begins at 4:30 PM on the 1st and 3rd Thursday of the month, is designed for youth in the 6th – 8th grade.
Weekly pool maintenance
• PATIO COVERS & ARBORS • • DECKS •
Flagstone, pavers, spray deck & stamped concrete
• LANDSCAPE DESIGN & INSTALLATION • Custom landscapes, water features and stonework
Become a Tutor-Understand our Student’s Lifelines Become an essential part of a student’s life by signing up to be a tutor for the Literacy Council! The Literacy Council of Fort Bend County holds tutor training every other month. After 12 hours of training, outstanding volunteers are equipped to teach Basic Literacy and English as a Second Language (ESL) classes to adults. The trainings prepare tutors to organize and compile lesson plans, learn about various tutoring techniques, understand the purpose of the Literacy Council and much more. Tutors do not need knowledge of any foreign language, nor do they need formal teaching experience. We offer many locations for tutoring throughout the area, including locations in Katy. Tutoring sessions are offered during the day and at night. If you are interested in impacting someone’s life by being their tutor, please contact the Literacy Council at 281-240-8181 or visit the website at www.ftbendliteracy.org. Help us to “Change Lives Through Literacy!”
• IRRIGATION (Lic. 8260) •
Sprinkler system / drainage installation and repair
• LAWN CARE •
Basic lawn maintenance & full-service packages
• LIGHTSCAPES •
Quality lighting & installation
Visit us at
e y r w
PARENT’S (MOM’S) & CHILDREN’S GROUPS, ORGANIZATIONS, CLUBS, ETC. • LA LECHE LEAGUE OF KATY AND WEST HOUSTON - Methodist West Houston Hospital, 18500 Katy Freeway, Houston, Texas 77094. Daytime Meetings 1st Wed. of month, 10:00 AM-12:00 PM, Evening Meetings, 4th Mon. of month, 7:00-8:45 PM. For further info., please call: Susan 281-829-6833, Maria 832-606-9932 (Spanish). La Leche League International’s website is: www.lalecheleague.org. • MOMS Club of Katy - please email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact Jamie Ensminger, Membership VP: 832-493-1507. • MOMS @ Second - West Campus - Cost is $40 for entire year. Childcare provided for a minimal cost. For more info, call Faye at 713-465-3408 x 1007. • Bear Creek Baptist MOPS – Meets the second and forth Friday of each month at 9:30 AM. The cost is $10 per meeting for childcare and MOPS dues. For more info, contact Kristi Brock at Kristig8@ hotmail.com or 281-858-4202. • Katy Moms In PRAYER International group - For info., call Leslie Power at 281-392-2357 or visit www.MomsInPrayer.org on the web. • Mothers’ Share Group - meet Thursdays, from 9:30 AM to 11:30 AM following the KISD schedule; at St. Peter’s United Methodist Church, 20775 Kingsland Blvd, Katy, TX 77450 in Room E221 (upstairs). For more info. or to confirm childcare, contact St. Peter’s UMC at 281-492-8031 or www.stpkaty.org. • Mocha Moms - a Stay-At-Home Support group for women of color. For more info, contact Hesma at 281-762-0262 or www.mochamomswesthouston.org.
Pin Oak Village
COMPUTER REPAIR Free Diagnostics
Se Habla Espanol
5423 East Fifth Street
Together we will retrieve the highest possible price for your home.
Your local Maid Service for 20 Years
• SAME DAY • SAME CREW • AFFORDABLE • BONDED • INSURED • REFERENCES • SUPPLIES FURNISHED
Professional Representation Highly Competitive Rates
• iBLOOM - young Moms…come share Monday mornings with us. Visit online at www.whatisgrace.org/ibloom. Grace Fellowship UMC, 2655 S Mason in Katy. • REAL MOMS OF KATY PLAYGROUP - This group is down to earth and drama free. Learn more at www.meetup.com/Real-Moms-of-Katy. • All Moms of Katy - come run AMOK with us! Contact membership at email@example.com to get involved. • WORKING Moms of Katy - group to support working moms in the Katy area Charlene Taylor firstname.lastname@example.org, 281-235-3043 or http://groups.yahoo.com/group/workingmomsofkaty. • Katy Moms In PRAYER International group - For info., please contact Leslie Power at 281-392-2357 or visit the Moms In Prayer website at www.MomsInPrayer.org. • KATY AREA PARENTS OF MULTIPLES (KAPOM) - meets the 2nd Monday of each month at 7:00 pm at The Church of Holy Apostles located at 1225 West Grand Parkway S. For more info., please email email@example.com or visit our website www.kapom.org. • Katy Parents of Gifted and Talented Support group (KPGT) - an advocacy organization dedicated to promoting quality educational services for the gifted students in the school district. Visit our website at www.kpgt.org for a printable membership form. • Katy Association of Child Care Professionals - meets the third Wednesday of each month at the MUD #81 building located at Cimarron Parkway and Hidden Canyon. Refreshments are served. For more info., call 281-578-6376 or 281-392-0989. • PARENTS WITHOUT PARTNERS - For more info. about Parents Without Partners International, check out our website at www.parentswithoutpartners.org or Parent with Partners Greater Houston Chapter #63 at www.pwphouston.org. Contact Barbara 281-469-5646. • FAMILY TO FAMILY -an organization dedicated to helping families who have a child with disabilities. For more information, please all Joanie or Carolyn at 713-466-6304 or go to www.familytofamilynetwork.org. • Breath Of Life Children’s Center Clinic - We are a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. For questions, please call 281-398-7353. • MEMORIAL HERMANN KATY HOSPITAL - offers parenting classes, for info. call 713-222-CARE. • West Houston Medical Center - offers parenting classes. To inquire or register, please call 281-588-8065.
10. OFF 00
New customer only on regular schedule. Not valid with any other offer. Not valid for one time or empty cleans.
Mark Bailey, Realtor
Tammy Smith, Owner-Operated
5 Star HAR Rating Client Experience
POLITICAL INTEREST GROUPS:
• KATY AREA REPUBLICANS KATY’S CONSERVATIVE VOICE - For info., contact Kate Diehl at 832-643-0378 or firstname.lastname@example.org or check our Face Book page or our website www.katyrepublicans.com. • West Fort Bend County Republican Women – For more info., contact Susan at 281-633-2277 or BurgerBizInc@aol.com. • Katy Area Democrats - meets 3rd Tuesday of the month at Briarchester club house at 7:00 PM. For info., contact Pat Darwish 281-647-0986, visit ww.katydemocrats.org or email email@example.com. • Katy Mommy Patriots - moms meeting to join the fight to protect our children’s future by getting involved in community and political events. Meets twice a month. For more info., call Kelly Horsley 281-858-8830 or Martha Mathis 832-321-4854.
• The Rotary Club of Katy Sunrise (RCKS) - meets every Tuesday morning, at 7:00 AM, for breakfast at The Club at Falcon Point, guests and visitors welcome. For more info. visit www.katysunriserotary.com. • The Rotary Club of Katy - meets each Thursday, noon to 1:00 PM, at Hasta La Pasta, 1450 Grand Parkway, Suite E. For more info., call 281-392-0045 or www.katyrotary.com. • WEST HOUSTON ROTARY CLUB - Tuesdays, 12:15 PM, West Houston Omni, North Eldridge at Katy Freeway. 281-627-0662.
• Katy Toastmasters - meets the first three Thursdays of each month at 7:30 PM at Brazos Valley Schools Credit Union, 25525 Katy Mills Parkway, Katy, TX 77494. We are located behind Katy Mills Mall near Pin Oak Road. Visitors are welcome! Visit our website at http://katy.freetoasthost.org/ • Park 10 Talkers Toastmasters Club - meets every Thursday at 11:45 AM at NACE, 1440 South Creek Dr, Houston, 77084, telephone 281228-6287. For more info. on Toastmasters, go to www.toastmasters. org. • Easy Risers Toastmasters - meets every Tuesday morning from 7 - 8 AM in the Fulbright Tower located at 1301 McKinney. For more info., contact Ed Young at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• West Houston’s (CBMC) Christian Businessmen Committee - meet at various times and places. For more info call Houston Metro Office 713-688-4343 or visit www.houston.cbmc.com or www.cbmc.com/index.htm.
Pin Oak Village
• American Business Women’s Assoc. Katy Charter Chapter - meets 2nd Tuesday of each month at Hasta La Pasta (Katy) 6:00 PM. Networking begins at 6:00 pm, dinner and meeting at 6:30 pm. Email RSVP’s and inquiries to email@example.com. • W. Houston Chapter, Intern’l Assoc. of Admin. Professionals (WHIAAP) - meets the fourth Tuesday of each month at Embassy Suites Huston - Energy Corridor at 11730 Katy Freeway (N. side of I10 - Kirkwood Exit). (Caroline Champness CPS/CAP caroline. firstname.lastname@example.org). • ABWA west houston network - meets the second Thursday of each month, 11:30 AM – 1:00 PM, at the Marriott Energy Corrridor. For more info. or to RSVP, visit our website at www.whenabwa.org. • Business Network International - KATY - meets every Thursday, 7:00 - 8:30 AM, for breakfast and business networking, at The Club @ Falcon Point, 24503 Falcon Point Drive, Katy, Texas 77494. Please RSVP, Ron Orlando 281-398-5661. For more info. on Katy BNI, go to www.katybni.com. • (BNI) Business Network International - Cinco Ranch - meets each Tuesday morning at 7-8:30 am at Willowfork Country Club at 21055 Westheimer Parkway, Katy, Katy, TX 77450. For info., Len Tierney at713-824-6960 or go to www.bnihouston.com and search for Cinco Ranch Chapter in Katy, Texas. • Parkway Business Partners chapter of BNI meets every Wednesday at Willow Fork Country Club in Katy. Meetings are held from 7:15 AM until 9:00 AM and visitors are welcome. For information or a reservation to attend, please call Chris at 832-252-9413. • InHouston-Katy PremIer Professional Business Networking - meets the 2nd Tuesday of each month, 4:00-8:00 PM at Vida Loca Mexican Bar and Grill, 21810 Kingsland Blvd Katy, Texas. For info., call Gail Stolzenburg 281-493-1955, email@example.com or Newell Cheatheam 713-385-3622, firstname.lastname@example.org or http://inhouston.ning.com/events InHouston-Katy. • BIZPACK - “Connecting People in Business and Life” - Networking And Breakfast $5: 1st and 3rd Thursday of each month, 7:30-9:00 AM at Carriage Inn 1400 Katy-Flewellen Road. For info., call Jane Moughon at 832-455-4579 or email email@example.com. • THE ULTIMATE FITNESS AND WELLNESS NETWORK - Meetings are the second Thursday of each month at 7:00 PM. Membership is free. For more information, contact Karen Narum 281-871-8920 or firstname.lastname@example.org. • West Katy Netweavers - meets at Essence Cafe at Cross Creek Ranch Welcome Center in Fulshear every first and third Wednesday of the month, at 7:30 AM - 8:30 AM sharp. The cost of attendance is $1. For questions, email@example.com or visit www.meetup.com/West-Katy-Netweavers/ • Katy Bar Association - an Association of Attorneys who live or work in the Katy Area, holds its monthly meeting at 12:00 PM on the fourth Tuesday of every month at Willow Fork Country Club. Contact Nick Nicholas at firstname.lastname@example.org or 713-752-4443 for more info.
INTERIOR & EXTERIOR 30+ Years Experience/Family Owned
misc community groups:
• The green Trails Ladies Club - For more info., call Helen Connolly at 832-577-7177. • The Greater Katy Exchange Club - meets the first Wednesday of each month at 6:30 PM, at Vida Loca Mexican Bar and Grill, 21810 Kingsland Blvd Katy, Texas. $15, includes dinner and guest speaker. For info., www.KatyExchangeClub.com or call Newell Cheatheam at 281-392-3034 or Kyle Simmons 281-497-7180 or www.KatyExchangeClub.com.RSVP is required. • The Katy Singles (over 35+) Meetup Group - a social club with free membership. Events are held in the Katy area. To learn more visit http://singles.meetup.com/1676.
Pin Oak Village
e y r w
5 inch - 6 inch Seamless Gutters Flat Roofs • Metal Roofs + Leak Repairs HardiPlank Siding Int./Ext. Painting & Repairs
Your Satisfaction is Our Future
Be Safe! Service Your Heater Today!
281-347-2665 nd Free estimate or 2 opinion
• Annual Maintenance Programs • All repairs guaranteed • Serving area since 1994
License TACLB 24777E and Insured
$25 off any repair
Duct Inspection with tune-up
financing available WAC
Your Neighborhood Plumber
$25 OFF With this Ad
Complete Plumbing & Drain Service We Welcome Your Questions • Open 7 Days a Week
281-398-8200 January 2013
JP Roofing & Gutters
Air Conditioning Contractors of America
• KATY NEIGHBORS’ COFFEES - Meets monthly on the last Tuesday, at 10 AM, at members homes. There are no officers of this club and membership is free to all. For more information please contact 2815788-2078 or 281-395-1730. • Welcome Wagon Club of Katy - please call Sharon at 281-392-1658, or email email@example.com.
• Carpentry • Sheetrock - Texture • Pressure Washing • Siding - HardiPlank® • Refinish - Staining • References • Insured & Bonded
Good Kid... ...Bad Choice
Defense of Juvenile Crimes
ay Westpark Tollw
• Texas Coastal Cattlewomen (TCCW) - meets on the third Wednesday of each month, at various locations throughout the Houston area. For more info., contact Sue Dinges at 281-238-8382 or cell 281-381-1987. • KATY ROCKS - Mix, mingle, socialize and network with singles ages 35+ Group has a variety of events each month. For more details, visit www.meetup.com/Katy-Rocks. • BP Partners - Local organization for the spouses and partners of BP employees. Monthly activities. For membership info., contact Phyllis Crouch at firstname.lastname@example.org or www.bppartnershouston.com. • KATY AREA RETIRED EDUCATORS - meets at 11:30 AM, on the 2nd Wednesday of each month, September through May, at the Merrell Center in Katy. For information contact Luanne Zacek at 281-391-8464 or email@example.com. • Commute Solutions - programs like STAR Vanpool, Flexible Work Schedules, transit information and NuRide visit www.commutesolutionshouston.org or call 832-681-2589.
Craft, hobbY, just for fun groups
• Nottingham Country Garden Club of Katy - We welcome all people interested in gardening and the environment, from the West Houston and Katy area. You do not have to live in Nottingham Country to belong to our organization! For more information about the club, please call 281-578-1036 or 281-693-0016. • american sewing guild in katy - meets 3rd Wednesday of every month from 1 to 3 PM at Quilt & Sew, 829 Mason Rd., Katy. For more info., go to www.asghouston.org. • The Pride of Texas Decorative Artists - meets 2nd Thursday of the month at 6:30 PM. We meet at Bear Creek Community Center off Patterson Rd. in Bear Creek Park. For more info., call Gloria Ware 281-492-0246. • WEST HOUSTON QUILT GUILD, 3rd Wednesdays, 7:00 PM Bear Creek Community Center, 3055 Bear Creek Dr. Houston, TX 77084, For more info., check our website at www.whqg.org.
Adams Law Firm
La Centerra at Cinco Ranch 23501 Cinco Ranch Blvd Ste H205 Katy, Texas 77494
• KATY QUILTERS, Time and place will be scheduled in the Katy Area. Call the Katy Quilters, Shari Medford at 281-635-3000. • The Bluebonnet Stencilers of Texas - meets 1st Monday of the month from 6:30 - 9 PM at the Tracy Gee Community Center, 3599 Westcenter (One block east of Sam Houston Toll Road west). For more info. concerning meetings, call 281-370-2005. • KATY AREA KNITTING GUILD – Last Monday of the month, 6:30 PM, Spring Creek Barbeque on Westgreen & I-10. • The Houston Pond Society – Meets first Saturday of each month at a member’s home. For more info., please visit our website www. houstonpondsociety.org. • West Houston Chapter of the Romance Writers of America - meets 2nd Saturday of each month. Visit us on the Web at www.whrwa. com for more info. on upcoming events. For more info. Chuck or Carol 281-550-8679. • WESTSIDE OVER 50 CLUB - meets 1st Wednesday of each month at 6:30 PM for dinner and socializing. For reservations and info., please contact Kirk Hanson, 281-346-0459 or Betty Larsen at 281392-3836. • The Katy 4-F Bass Club (Friends Fishing For Fun) - is a small, low cost fishing club, based in Katy, Texas. For information on our club such as joining, tournament results and area lakes we fish, visit www.katy4fbassclub.com. • The Texas Triumph Register (TTR) - an organization of Triumph owners and enthusiasts. For more info., contact Mike Hado at 281807-4780, firstname.lastname@example.org or www.TexasTriumphRegister.org. • The Katy Bead Group - meets Wednesdays at 12:00 noon on the second floor of the Cinco Ranch Library, 2620 Commercial Center Boulevard, Katy, Texas 77494. For info, call Jean at 281-693-4398 or Carol 281-492-6053 or email her at Fortijd@aol.com. • The Katy Pokemon TCG League - We meet on Tuesday evenings from 6:00-8:00 at DoubleDave’s Pizza at 1660 S. Mason Rd. Call Camille at 832-721-5481, email KatyPokemon@aol.com or check out www.Pokemon-tcg.com (look under Pokemon Organized Play) or www.PokemonBuzz.com for additional info.
Pin Oak Village
QUALITY PLUMBING Operated by Master Plumbers MLP19029
• Quality Work at Reasonable Rates • All Phases of Plumbing • Faucets/Toilets • Garbage Disposals • Water Heaters • Drain & Sewer Cleaning • Sewer Line Video Camera • Gas Tests and Repairs • Pipe Repairs • 7 Days a week • 24 Hour Service • 27 Years Experience $
When you mention this ad.
* Weedends & Holidays Extra • Katy Woodworker’s Guild - meets the last Tuesday of each month at the Katy Junior High School from 7:00-9:00 PM. Questions: Call Terry at 281-717-4215. • The Houston Area Wood Carvers Club - meets on the third Saturday of each month from 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM, at Bayland Community Center in Houston (6400 Bissonnet). For more info., call Preston and Carolyn Smith at 281-392-0713, email carolynann@consolidated. net or visit www.houstonareawoodcarvers.com. • The Katy Cruizers ANTIQUE AUTOMOBILE Club - meets the first Monday of each month at the La Finca Mexican Restaurant on Westheimer Parkway (back room). Eat at 6 PM. Meeting from 7 PM until 8:30 PM. Questions: Send email to email@example.com. • The KATY Area ARTISTS - Please contact the KAA Programs Officer at 281-352-8057 for more information on artist mentoring and monthly members’ meetings or visit www.katyareaartists.org. • Cinco Ranch Men’s Poker Group - Looking for new players. We play once per month Friday night from 7 PM to 11 PM, at host member’s homes in the Cinco Ranch area. If interested, call Jim at 832-715-8206 (cell) for further information.
SUPPORT/ HELP GROUPS
• KATY CHRISTIAN MINISTRIES - Help to Survivors of Sexual Assault. The 24-hour Crisis Hotline number is 281-693- RAPE (7273). NON-EMERGENCY 281-391-5262. • The Compassionate Friends (TCF) - meetings are held in the John Burns building of Kingsland Baptist Church, 20555 Kingsland Blvd in Katy, across from the Taylor High tennis courts. For more info. please visit our website, www.compassionatefriends-katy.org or contact Melinda Ginter, 281-492-1262. • The Compassionate Friends Houston West Chapter - meets every second Monday at 7 pm at Tallowood Baptist Church at 555 Tallowood, room ET102. Info. at www.compassionatefriends.org and the Houston West Chapter at www.tcf.tcu.edu/index.html or by calling Greg Williams 281-345-9707. • CANCER COUNSELING (FREE CANCER SUPPORT GROUP IN KATY) - meets Thursdays from 7-8 pm at Christus St. Catherine Hospital. For registration and info., contact Cancer Counseling, 713520-9873 or www.cancerhouston.com. Spanish-speaking available. • Free Mental Disorders Family Support Groups - Meets at a number of locations. Complete listing on www.namimetrohouston.org or call 713-970-4419.
Pin Oak Village
Obstetrical & Gynecological Associates, P.A.
Nichole F. Cole, MD • Jennifer Huebner, MD • Amina Sayeed, MD • Obstetrics • Gynecology • Comprehensive Care For Women • Laparoscopic/Endoscopic Minimally Invasive Surgery For an appointment call
www.obgynassociates.com 23920 Katy Freeway , Ste. 480 Memorial Hermann Medical Plaza One
• NAMI Family to Family - free mental disorders family education course. For info., please call Vi 281-893-2493 or Debbie 713-849-5637. • DEPRESSION Bipolar support alliance - For info., call the DBSA office at 713-600-1131 or check out our website at www.dbsahouston.org. • The Katy OCD/Anxiety group for parents - meets on the last Saturday of each month at 9:00 AM at La Madeline restaurant in Katy. For more information check out our website: http://shyness.meetup.com/353/. • Katy/West Houston/Sugar Land Tourette Syndrome Support Group - meets the 2nd Wednesday of each month @ 7 PM at Christus St. Catherine Annex Hospital, 2nd floor, classroom B, 701 Fry Road. For further info., please contact the support group leaders, Daryl and Barbara Brister 281-395-5392 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. • Palmer Drug Abuse Program (PDAP) - For Ages 12 to 17, call 281-870-9311 or for ages 17 to 25, call 713-647-8858. • Harris county WIC PROGRAM - For additional info. about WIC, call 713-439-6145 or www.houstontx.gov/health/WIC. For a recorded message listing all Harris County WIC sites, you may call 713-439-6130. • ECI Project TYKE - If you know a child under the age of 3 who needs assistance in at least one area of development or who has a medical diagnosis or condition impacting his or her development, please call ECI Project TYKE 281-237-6647 or make a referral on our website www.katyisd.org. • Different Strokes - a support group for stroke survivors meets every Tuesday at 10:00 AM in the Senior Center, located at 13150 Memorial Dr., for fellowship, learning, sharing, exercising and loving. Call for further info.: Kay Callahan 713-461-5604 or Roberta Owens 281-463-3490. • The Arc of Katy - Board meeting is the 2nd Tuesday of each month @ 7 PM. We meet at City Police Station located at 5456 Franz Rd. The ARC of Katy members are always welcome. Please visit www.thearcofkaty.org or call 832-754-9802 or 832-888-9265 for additional info. • Food Addicts in Recovery Anonymous (FA) - meets at West Houston Community Center, 725 Bateswood. For times, please see our website at www.foodaddicts.org or call 281-392-8914. • West Houston Medical Center - offers free monthly Weight Loss Surgery Support Groups and free monthly Weight Loss Surgery Informational/Educational Classes. To inquire or register, please call 281-588-8657.
BASHANS PAINTING & HOME REPAIR • Interior & Exterior Painting • Wallpaper Removal • Installation • Custom Texturing • Sheetrock Repair • Pressure Washing • Cabinet Painting • Fence Repair/Replacement • Wood Replacement • Garage Floor Epoxy • Interior Carpentry • Custom Staining • Crown Molding • Roofing • Gutter Repair & Replacement • Faux Painting No moNey up froNt 25 Years Experience • References Available
CommerCial/residential - Free estimates-
BashansPainting@earthlink.net * FULLY INSURED *
281-347-6702 office 281-731-3383 cell
We accept all major credit cards
Become a Dental Assistant in just 10 weeks! 10 Week Course Saturday Classes Only Winter Classes Begin 1/12/13 Tuition $2850 • Payment Plans Training Since 1995 Open House - 12/7/12 4 pm - 7 pm
aty K n wi No Houston Dental Assistant School Located in Katy and Spring/The Woodlands
For info packet call 281-363-0600 or email us at email@example.com Approved by the TWC Career Schools and Colleges
Amaya Garage Doors Does your garage door need service? We can help!
rs 24 Hou Se Habla Espanol 24
e y w r • We Offer Service for Most Models • Replace / Repair • Broken Springs • Hurricane Bracing • Reasonable Prices
• DRUG AND ALCOHOLISM FAMILY SUPPORT GROUP - Every Wednesday night from 7 – 8 PM. For more info., call 713-632-5237. • Home Encouragement - a 501(c)(3) non-profit that nurtures healthy marriages and strong families. For info., contact Kellie Hurst of Home Encouragement at 281-347-LIFE or visit our website at www.homeencouragement.org. • Katy Essential Tremor Support Group - meets bi-monthly on the second Thursday of each month, at the Heritage Grand Clubhouse, 25125 North Heritage Grand Circle, in Katy at 4:00 PM. For info., contact Betty Ann Schwarz at 281-347-2194 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. • Katy ADHD parent group - meets on the 2nd Sunday of every month, in room S201, at St. Peter’s United Methodist Church, 20775 Kingsland Blvd. from 6:30 to 8:30 PM. For more info., contact Laura Peddicord at 281-392-6064 or email@example.com. • Grace Fellowship United Methodist Church - located at 2655 S. Mason Rd., Katy, 77450, offers groups for those who are hurting and healing from trials and difficulties of life. Please call the Grace Fellowship Care Ministry at 281-646-1903 for further details or see our website, www.whatisgrace.org/care.html. • st. peter’s united Methodist church support groups – We offer many different types of groups. For more info., call 281-492-8031. Located at 20775 Kingsland Blvd. • The Fellowship at Cinco Ranch offers several support and growth recovery groups through its Merimnao ministry, open to everybody in the community. Call the church at 281-395-3950 or go to www. thefellowship.org/ministry/merimnao for more information. • Christ Clinic - No Insurance? Need medical treatment? Let us help. Christ Clinic located at 5504 First St., Katy, Texas 77493 (Next-Door to Katy Christian Ministries), 281-391-0190. • Holy Covenant United Methodist Church weekly Support Groups - Grief and Divorce care support groups. For more info., www.holycov.org or call the church 281-579-1200. • CROSSPOINT COMMUNITY CHURCH - Celebrate Recovery meets every Wednesday from 6:30 – 8:30 PM. This is a free ongoing meeting, open to the public. For more info., go to www.crosspt.org/classes or call 281-398-6464. • Katy/West Houston Fibromyalgia & Chronic Pain Meetup Group – monthly meetings provide info. and support for sufferers/families regarding any of these or related disorders. Sign up for more info at meetup.com (search fibromyalgia and Katy TX to find us), email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 281-705-4395, Vickie Tway - Facilitator, for other info. and meeting schedule. • Hopekeepers - national web site is restministries.org for more information or come to one of the local support groups. Grace Fellowship United Methodist Church (2655 S. Mason Rd) on the 2nd and 4th Saturdays at 10:30 AM. Epiphany of the Lord Church (1530 Norwalk Dr) on Mondays at 6:30 PM. • Lifeway International - an early enthusiastic substance abuse recovery program for adolescents, young adults and adults and their families, meets every Wednesday at 7:30 PM at Grace Fellowship UMC, 2655 S. Mason Rd, Katy. For more information call 713-270-6753.
• AMERICAN LEGION VETERANS - meets at 7:30 PM, at the Elks Lodge on Katy Fort Bend Rd., on the fourth Wednesday of each month. All past and current members of our armed forces are invited to attend. • Floyd E. Breedlove Post 9182 of the Veterans of Foreign Wars meets the first Monday of each month at 6:30 PM at the VFW Hall on George Bush Dr. near Ave. D. All U.S. veterans of foreign combat are welcome to visit or come join with us. For more details phone 281-391-VETS(8387) or come see us! • Marine Corps League: Tijerina Detachment meets the second Monday of each month at 7 PM at Katy Elks Lodge #2628. For additional information, call 281-799-9382 or 936-931-5945. Or visit us online at www.usmcmarine1.org. • CIVIL AIR PATROL THUNDERBIRD SQUADRON - Cadet program is open to boys and girls, age 12 and adults. Meetings are Tuesday evenings at 6:45 PM at 18000 Groeschke Road off Barker Cypress at the West Houston Airport. For further info., email email@example.com.
Pin Oak Village
Do You Want To Party? Mason Creek Community Center provides downtown ambiance with neighborhood convenience. A wonderful location for school events, graduation, office parties, weddings, family gatherings, or any holiday event. • Sound System • Covered Patio Let us help you to make your special occasion a memorable one. Click on Community Center
For more info call
You’ll Be Glad We MET!
• Water Leaks • Water Heater Repair
and Installation Experts • Gas Tests and Systems
• Tankless Water
• Clean, Professional Technicians
Licensed & Insured $
15 OFF ANY REPAIR
WITH THIS AD NOT VALID WITH ANY OTHER OFFER
UNIVERSITY ALUMINI CLUBS, PARENT EVENTS
• Delta Gamma Alumnae Group of Katy/West Houston - For more info., contact Terri Barrow at 281-492-2847 or firstname.lastname@example.org. • Katy Coogs Alumni Network - University of Houston Alumni Club that serves U of H alumni in Katy and its surrounding areas. If you are interested in joining this club, please contact: Rom Crespo, email@example.com. • KATY/west houston AGGIE MOM’S CLUB - meet monthly on the first Thursday of each month (except January, July and August) at 7:00 PM, at Living Word Lutheran Church at 3700 South Mason Road, Katy. For more info., visit www.aggiemoms.org or www.katywesthoustonaggiemoms.com. • Xi Mu Eta - We are Beta Sigma Phi, an international Sorority. Please call Geri Riley at 281-395-6468 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more info. regarding our chapter and meeting dates. • Laureate Theta Pi Chapter of Beta Sigma Phi - meets twice a month in member’s homes. For more info., please contact Pinky Stromek at 281-395-6766 or Alice White at 281-599-8347. • Beta Sigma Phi Sorority Southwest Houston Council - an international women’s friendship network, that also provides educational programs to its members and opportunities for service to others. For info., please contact Jill Coble at 281-392-7181, jcoble3930@ gmail.com. • Theta Phi KATY - Please contact us: Lorilee Leyendecker, lorilee. email@example.com or 281-467-4972 or Gina DiLuzio, firstname.lastname@example.org. • Bear Creek Genealogical Society & Library Inc - meetings held 2nd Thursday of each month (September-May), from 1:00 PM-3:00 PM, at Bear Creek Park Community Center, 3055 Bear Creek Dr. Houston, TX 77084. For more info., contact Gary at 281-398-0333, email email@example.com or Betty at 713-467-6302, email firstname.lastname@example.org. • Greater Katy Alumnae Panhellenic - welcomes all NPC sorority members to come to their meetings. For further information, see their website at www.katypanhellenic.org. • Sigma Phi - local chapter of a national organization, Sigma Alpha Sorority, whose mission is to build sustained friendships, allow for personal growth, while supporting charities. Please contact us: Lorilee Leyendecker, email@example.com or 281-467-4972 or Gina DiLuzio, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pin Oak Village
• MEMORIAL HERMANN KATY HOSPITAL - Volunteers are needed at Memorial Hermann Katy Hospital. Please call Brenda Kepner 281-644-7581. • Houston Area Project Linus - for info., please call Karen Hagin, Project Linus blanketeer 281-693-7150 or Sally Burns, Houston Area Project Linus Coordinator 281-492-2679 or www.projectlinus.org. • Texas Wildlife Rehabilitation Coalition, Inc - Volunteer opportunities for wildlife advocates. For more info. call the shelter at 713468-8972 or email the Volunteer Coordinator at membership@ twrc-houston.org. Visit our website at www.twrc-houston.org. • CROSSROADS - Please consider devoting just one hour a week to the future of a needy child, many times you are their only visitors. Contact Susan Burden (Katy Resident) at 281-822-4218, email@example.com or visit us at www.CROSSROADS-volunteers.org. • Pregnancy Help Center in Katy - a non-profit faith-based organization dedicated to educating and supporting men and women affected by an unplanned pregnancy. To learn how you can be a part of this exciting ministry or to take a tour, call Paula Conriquez at 281-578-0078 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. • SIRE, Houston’s Therapeutic Equestrian Centers - To volunteer, please call one of our arenas and ask to speak with a volunteer coordinator. SIRESpring, call 281-353-6160. SIREHockley, call 281356-7588. SIRE Fort Bend at Sienna Stables, call 281-431-1741. • AutumnGrove Cottage - a private assisted living facility for individuals with Alzheimer’s or dementia related illnesses. To volunteer, call 281-398-6845 or visit our website www.autumngrovecottage.com. • Sunrise Assisted Living of Cinco Ranch - located at 21939 Cinco Ranch Blvd., Katy, Texas 77450, is looking for volunteers. For more info., visit our website at www.sunriseseniorliving.com. • StandUp For Kids - needs volunteers and donations. To learn about StandUp For Kids or how you can help, visit our website at www.standupforkids.org. • Houston Children’s Charity - needs volunteers and donations. Please contact our office at 713-524-2878 or visit our website www.houstonchildrenscharity.org for more information on our organization. • Adopt A US Soldier - seeks volunteers and donors to help show the brave men and women fighting for our freedom that their sacrifices will not go unnoticed. For more info, visit www.adoptaussoldier.org.
“The only Carnegie Hall Royal Conservatory Achievemnet Program Founding School in the Greater Houston Area”
Private Instruction in:
•Piano • Guitar • Bass Guitar • Violin • Viola • Cello • Clarinet • Flute • Oboe • Saxophone • Trumpet • Trombone • French Horn • Drum Set • Percussion • Voice
One-on-One Instruction Highly Qualified Instructional Staff Semi-Annual Recitals Regular Professional Concerts No Long-Term Contracts
23922 Cinco Village Center Blvd., Katy, TX 77494
832-437-4511 • www.CincoRanchMusic.com
• SPANISH MEADOWS VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY - To get info. on volunteering, please contact Robbin at 281-394-0088 or email@example.com. Please visit www.spanish-meadows.com. • ART VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY AT HOUSTON APHASIA RECOVERY CENTER - For more info, contact Stephanie Schmadeke, 713-6289973 or to learn more about Aphasia, visit http://en.wikipedia.org/ wiki/Aphasia. • KATY CHRISTIAN MINISTRIES NEEDS VOLUNTEERS - Schedule flexible Monday-Saturday. Please call Michelle Johns at 281-391-5261 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.ktcm.org for more info. • HEALTHBRIDGE VOLUNTEERING - Volunteer hours vary, please contact Ellyn Poole at email@example.com for more information. • Kissito Cane Island - If you would like to volunteer your time and/ or make a donation, please contact Jessica Pfeil at 832-206-4708 for more information. The facility phone is 281-717-1302. • Buckner Hospice of Houston - Volunteer hours of very flexible. Please contact Toni Cruse Volunteer Coordinator at 281-493-6800 or 713918-9320 for more information. • Thomas A. Glazier Senior Education Center - Has volunteer opportunities available. A place for seniors to learn, located 16600 Pine Forest Lane, near Hwy. 6 and Clay Road. We need you in our classrooms! Get free volunteer training. Teach your own computer class. Contact us now at 713-274-3250 or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org. • Treasured Ones Foundation - seeking volunteer help to assist clients with arts and crafts, music, physical activity, computers and much more. For more information, please contact the volunteer coordinator, Janie at 832-766-0505 or 281-829-0284. • The Solana @ Cinco Ranch - We need Volunteers to spend time with residents, deliver mail, go on outings, help with activity programs, shop with them and for them. To volunteer, please Contact Vicky Ashbrook 281-395-9600 or email@example.com • Vantage Hospice - is seeking volunteers (clerical help, helping with social activities, sewing or minor handy work projects for our patients). Will train. Contact - Dawn Slezak, firstname.lastname@example.org or 281-878-9553.
• WEST HOUSTON ITALIAN CLUB - meets 3rd Friday of every month, 7:00 PM, at Cy-Fair VFD Admin building, 9630 Telge Road. For more info., call Hank Berti, 281-858-1944. • IRISH AMERICAN HERITAGE ASSOCIATION - meets 4th Tuesday of every month. The meeting will start at 7:30 PM at the Harris County MUD #81 building located at Cimarron Parkway and Hidden Canyon, in Katy. This is just west of Mason Road, one mile south of I-10 at Mason Road (exit #745). Call 281-395-3038 for more info.. • BRITISH AND EXPAT FAMILIES OF KATY - Social group open to all Brits and expats living in Katy and surrounding areas. For more info., www.meetup.com/british-and-expat-momsof-katy or contact Vanessa Heintz 281-579-2832 (vanessa. email@example.com). • National Council of Jewish Women - Career Branch of NCJW has monthly meetings on the third Tuesday of the month at 7:30 PM. For info., call Leda 713-572-9924 or firstname.lastname@example.org. • BAYOU BELLES SERVICE ORGANIZATION - Professional women from Acadiana, meet the 1st Wednesday of every month at 7 PM, Contact: Angeline Labbe’-Auzenne at www. BayouBelles.org. • CIVIL WAR REENACTING - Enlist with Company C, “The Palmer Guards,” of the First Texas - call 281-579-3417 or visit www.texas-brigade.org. Select 1st Texas and then Co C.” • The Sam Houston Chapter of the Sons of the Republic of Texas - meets 3rd Saturday of each month (except April). Lunch meetings are held at The Briar Club located at 2603 Timmons Lane beginning at 12 Noon. Visit us on the Web at http://samhoustonchapter.tripod.com or call John C. Thrash 713-647-0570 or 713-352-0993. • JAMES BATES SOCIETY OF THE CHILDREN OF THE AMERICAN REVOLUTION - meets once a month from September to May on Sunday afternoons usually from 2:00 to 4:00 at different locations. Please contact the Senior Society President, Kathy Pritchett at email@example.com or by phone at 713-876-6057. For more info., go to www.nscar.org.
Pin Oak Village
LOU'S PAINTING, Ltd.
RECIPES OF THE MONTH
• Interior - Exterior Your home is an expensive investment! Painting beautifies & preserves that investment!
• Power Washing • Sheetrock & Texture • HardiPlank® Replacement • Minor Repairs Free Estimates
White Christmas Chili
INGREDIENTS 4 skinned and boned chicken breast halves 5 cups water 1 large onion, chopped and divided 2 tablespoons butter or margarine 2 celery ribs, chopped (about 1/3 cup) 3 (16-ounce) cans great Northern beans, rinsed, drained, and divided 3 (4.5-ounce) cans chopped green chiles 1 cup canned chicken broth 1 teaspoon ground cumin 1 bay leaf 1 teaspoon salt 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro Toppings: tortilla chips, shredded Colby-Jack cheese, salsa, sour cream INSTRUCTIONS Place chicken, 5 cups water, and half of onion in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat, and cook 15 to 18 minutes or until chicken is tender. Remove chicken, reserving broth in Dutch oven. Cut chicken into bite-size pieces; set aside. Melt butter in a skillet; add celery and remaining onion, and sauté until tender. Stir chicken, celery mixture, 2 cans beans, and next 6 ingredients into broth in Dutch oven, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, and cook 1 hour, stirring frequently, until thickened. Process remaining 1 can beans in a blender until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides. Stir bean puree into chili. Remove and discard bay leaf; stir in cilantro just before serving with desired toppings. YIELD: Makes 6 to 8 servings PREPARATION TIME: 10 min. COOKING TIME: Cook: 1 hr., 30 min.
On-Site Leaded Glass Door Repairs
H Glass appy
YIELD: Makes 1 (13- x 9-inch) pan cornbread PREPARATION TIME: 10 min. COOKING TIME: Bake: 30 min.
Pin Oak Village
Custom Stained Glass Free Estimates Sidelights & Transoms to match your front door
Add Privacy and Beauty to your home Stained Glass Restoration & Repair Half Round/Arched Windows Call Larry or Sandy Jones
Visit our Gallery
ROOK’S AC & Heating 281-861-8052
40 18 Point A/C or Heat Special FREE 1st lb. Freon 1/2 Priced Condenser Coil Cleaning
INGREDIENTS 1/2 cup butter cups white cornmeal mix 2 1 cup all-purpose flour 2 tablespoons sugar 2 large eggs 2 cups buttermilk INSTRUCTIONS Melt butter in a 13- x 9-inch pan in a 425° oven for 5 minutes.Stir together white cornmeal mix and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Tilt pan to coat with butter, and pour butter into cornmeal mixture, stirring well. Pour cornmeal mixture into hot pan. Bake at 425° for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
"Doing business from the same location since 1978"
1 Yr. Warranty On Parts Changed We Value Your Business All Brands Serviced Local Neighborhood Company Free 2nd Opinions Fast Personalized Service
We Will Heat & Cool Your Castle!
KS Fabrication, LLC Gates / Operators welding • repairs • custom fabrication
4019 Roland Rd. Katy, TX 77493 e y
web: ksweld.com firstname.lastname@example.org
w r 27
Focused Xtermination Pest control Full Service General Pest Control
General PeSt Control
One Time Inside & Outside Call for details.
Rodents / Animal Trappings Bed Bugs Wasps & Bees Fleas & Ticks Termite Control Mosquito Control
Emergency Service Available
Call for details.
TEENAGE JOB SEEKERS If you are between 12 and 18 and would like to be added to the teenage job seeker’s list, please fill out the form in the newsletter with your name, age, birthdate (mon. & yr.), phone number, (one only) year you will graduate (or grade presently in) and the name of your subdivision. Check the list of jobs you want on your form. Email to email@example.com (preferred) or mail to Krenek Printing, 7102 Glen Chase Ct., Houston, TX 77095. Must have parent(s) permission.
Larry Mikeska Serving Katy since 1982 • Katy Resident 53 years
Chris Vacattmas ion 1990
sen Es emories”
“Quality at a price you can afford.”
Interior & Exterior Painting Home Repairs • Pressure Washing HardiPlank Installation • Sheetrock & Texture
g n i r u pt ce of
CODE KEY: B - BABYSITTING, CPR - CPR CERT., FAC - FIRST AID CERT., RCC - RED CROSS CERT., SS - SAFE SITTER, SL - SWIM LESSONS, PP - PET/PLANT SITTER, P - PET CARE ONLY, H - HOUSE CARE, L - LAWN CARE, C- CAR CARE/DETAILING, T - TUTORING There is nO greaTer gifT Than a memOrY.
• phOTO resTOraTiOn • media cOnversiOn
HEATING • AIR CONDITIONING up to a $1450 Rebate $35 OFF Any Repair
Cannot be combined with any other offer. Must present at time of service. Expires 1/15/13.
New Home Comfort System Cannot be combined with any other offer. Must be 16 seer or higher. Expires 1/15/13.
Same-Day Ser vice
10% OFF Attic Insulation
FREE ESTIMATES on New Equipment
For all of your plumbing needs, call... One call dOes it
Free Estimates MPL#40046
281-395-1120 281-395-5552 281-392-1990
TEENAGE JOB SEEKERS
firstname.lastname@example.org • 281-898-6795 • www.TimeOfYourLife.cc
Licensed and Insured
17 17 17
Please place my name on the Job Seekers List
• videO scrapbOOks
Low Price Guarantee
Bryan Matthey - T, FAC, RCC, PP Chase Smith - PP, L Lindsey Vanderslice - B, PP, CPR
Any job over $95
• Water Heaters • Drain Problems • Faucet Installation and Repair • Water Leaks and Much More • Gas Test Copperfield Resident
(Students must be 12 before they can be added to the babysitting list.) Please fill in ALL information or we will not put on the list Job(s) _________________________________
q B -Babysitting
Name _________________________________ q SS -Safe Sitter
q SL -Swim Lessons
Address ________________________________ q CPR -CPR Certified
Email _________________________________ q FAC -First Aid Cert.
q RCC -Red Cross Cert.
Birthdate - Mo/Yr_________________________ q P -Pet Care (only)
q PP -Pet/Plant Sitter
Age ______ Grade________ Class of ________ q H -Housecare Phone _________________________________ q L -Lawncare q T -Tutor
Subdivison______________________________ q C -Car Detailing I give my permission for my child’s name and phone number to be published in the ‘Teenage Job Seekers’ section of our subdivision newsletter. Parent Signature ____________________________________________________
email: email@example.com (preferred)
or Mail to: Krenek Printing Co. 7102 Glen Chase Ct., Houston, TX 77095 www.krenekprinting.com Pin Oak Village
MONTHLY HOA MEETINGS
Make sure you know what is happening in the Pin Oak Village HOA meetings by attending. Meetings are held at 7:00 PM on the second Wednesday of each month. Be there and join these directors each month and be informed of money they are spending.
Lose up to (more than)
20 Inches in Three Weeks
Martha Baxter is in charge of the clubhouse rentals. Pool rentals are still done through Michelle at Sweetwater Pool Company. There are still lots of good dates available for free clubhouse use. We would like to remind all residents that the clubhouse is for Members Only and must be current on all fees. Residents are limited to two free uses per year. There is a $100 DEPOSIT REQUIRED THAT WILL BE REFUNDED, IF THE CLUBHOUSE IS KEPT CLEAN. The clubhouse is also being reserved for possible holiday party use by the Board, for the benefit of Pin Oak Village residents. These parties will be scheduled soon, so watch for upcoming events at our website, www.pinoakvillagekaty.com. To schedule lifeguards for any pool party, contact Michelle with Sweetwater pools at 281-300-6077. There is an additional form for Pool Rental, as well as cost, that must be filled out and paid prior to scheduling lifeguards. No pool party can be had without the approval of Sweetwater and at least one additional guard. Feel free to contact Martha at 281-392-8007. Martha’s address is 24606 Mt. Auburn Drive. Martha’s email address is as follows: firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the many clubs and church groups that have reserved weekly dates being sought for by residents, the preference for use will be given to residents needs over weekly functions. Jeff will do his best to accommodate both weekly reservations and resident’s use.
The MUD taxes the residents pay help pay for the streetlights whether they work or not. If a streetlight is out or not working properly, please call 713-207-2222 and report the problem. Each pole has a number on it and you will need to give this number to the operator as well as the names of the closest streets. Last year we had a couple of lights out and the result was vandalism to several mailboxes. We need all lights working to keep our neighborhood safe. Thanks again to the Board of Directors at Ft. Bend County MUD #37 for saving us the cost of these lights.
TRASH PICKUP UPDATE
The correct contact for trash pickup for Pin Oak village is as follows: Waste Corporation of Texas (WCA) 281-368-8397. Thanks again to the Board of Directors at Ft. Bend County MUD #37 for saving us the cost of trash pickup. Our MUD directors are saving us thousands of dollars by paying for the lights and trash each month.
Fort Bend County “Leash Law”
ZERO pain ZERO dOwntimE ZERO suRgERy
Make a resolution to...
invest in yourself this year!! Zerona Melts Fat!!! January 2013 Zerona special* • 9 Zerona Laser Sessions .00 • 9 Ionic Detox Sessions ($2675 Value) • 9 Vibe Plate Sessions • 9 Lymphatic Stimulation Sessions
10th Zerona session & Consultation Free with this ad
Customized Programs Available: ALL PHARMACEUTICAL GRADE
• Metabolism • Weight Loss • Lean Muscle • Immune System • Antioxidants • Detoxification • Anxiety • Migraines • Muscle Tension • B12 • Increased Growth Hormone Release • HCG
Animal control authorities are permitted to enter your Property to patrol and remove pets. Pets must be registered, licensed and inoculated as required by law. As a dog owner, you are responsible for the control of your dog. If your dog is one that ‘makes objectionable noise,’ you must make every effort to respect your Neighbor’s right to their ‘peace and quiet.’ When your dog is not in your yard, it is imperative that you keep your dog on a leash at all times. While your dog is friendly to you and your family, imagine the consequences if it were to harm someone while it was ‘roaming free.’
* Promotion expires Jan 31, 2013. ** Results are after 6 treatments over a two week period.
The Healing Center • 281-647-7703
607 Park Grove, Suite B, Katy, TX 77450 • www.nomoresymptoms.com
Pin Oak Village
Please respect other resident’s right to walk the common area ground without fear of attack from an unleashed dog.
INTERIOR / EXTERIOR PAINTING Quality Work at Reasonable Prices! ▪Spray or Brush & Roll ▪Wood Replacement ▪Pressure Washing ▪Sheetrock Repair
We Install Hardiplank / Hardipanel™ ( fiber-reinforced cement siding )
Complete Customer Satisfaction Has been the Key to 31 Years of Service in the Houston Area
MANCO PAINTING, INC. www.mancopainting.com FREE ESTIMATES ▪ NO MONEY DOWN
Hate eating veggies? Acts like a salad; Tastes like dessert.
Laws are written to ensure that owned animals are confined to their property or kept on a leash to free a community of unrestrained and free-roaming animals. Although most dog bites occur on the property where the dog lives, unrestrained or free-roaming dogs do pose a substantial threat to the public. In addition, unrestrained animals are at increased risk of being bitten by rabies infected wildlife. Enforcement of restraint laws is essential in enhancing the animal control program’s efforts to reduce the risk of rabies in our community. LICENSING OF DOGS AND CATS The primary benefit of licensing animals is identification, should that animal become lost. Licensing also: • Ensures that rabies vaccination are current. • Allows for quick identification in case of a bite incident. • Provides revenue to offset the administration costs of the animal control program. VACCINATION Rabies vaccinations are a prerequisite for licensing dogs and cats because they are an important control measure for the public health threat of rabies. In addition to protecting pets, rabies vaccinations provide a barrier between infected wild animals and humans.
TEXAS ENVIRONMENTAL AGENCY COMPLAINTS
To make an environmental complaint regarding smoking vehicles, inappropriate dumping of trash, flushing motor oil down storm water sewer systems, dumping leaves into water sewer systems, etc. go to: https;//ww2.tce1.state.tx.us/complaints/index.cfm.
GARDENING TIPS FOR JANUARY
• Birds: Provide food and fresh water. More birds die from lack of water than from lack of food. • Cacti: Semi-dormant now. Reduce watering. • Camellias: Plants may be moved. Pick up and discard fallen blooms. • Cultivation: Changes in design may now be made, new beds dug and old ones y l n O rebuilt. Correct defects in drainage. Incorporate gypsum into heavy soils: repeat in ! y da three weeks. Dig granite dust, rock phosphate and quantities of organic matter into $4 a soil. Allow time for settling before planting. • Fertilize: Daylilies, spuria, Louisiana and bearded irises with complete fertilizer. Give strawberries 1 teaspoon ammonium sulfate, keeping six inches away from plant. Fertilize pansies with manure tea or blood meal. Water in. • Fruits: Plant fruit trees. Mulch figs with grass or straw to prevent freeze damage • Lose Weight to crown. • Reduce Cravings • House Plants: Water, when surface soil is crumbly dry. Wash dust off leaves to open • Increase energy & stamina pores. Mist often. Inspect for diseases and insects. Reduce water for poinsettias. • Promotes healthy digestion & regularity • Lawns: Remove thatch aerate, and feed with low nitrogen mixture. • Lower cholesterol • Pests: For petal blight prevention, spray azaleas and camellias as flowers open. Spray for scale with dormant oil solution if temperature will be above 35˚ and below 85˚ for next 48 hours. Always read and heed manufacturer s directions before spraying. • Propagation: Ivy cuttings root easily this month and next. Root cuttings of shrubs in mixture of loam and coarse sand; keep damp and semi-shaded until rooted. • Prune: Fruit trees in advance of new growth. Prune to groom and shape. Do not remove too much. Remove dead wood from trees and shrubs before spring buds swell, but do not prune spring bloomers. Prune crape myrtles. Prune nandina and others of similar growth habit by cutting unwanted canes out at base of plant. Call 713-443-9319 or e-mail email@example.com • Roses: Annual pruning about the middle of February, just before the spring buds break. To prevent later appearance of disease in the old beds, keep garden clean of debris and weeds. Complete preparation of new beds for roses. firstname.lastname@example.org • Transplanting: January is one of the best months to transplant woody plants, both evergreen and deciduous, especially trees. Energy 5335-B East 5th St will be expended on roots instead of foliage. Learn ultimate size and Katy, Texas 77493 cultural needs of tree or plant before buying. Consider dwarf varieties to avoid crowding later. Group plants of similar cultural needs. Do not work wet soil. Assure good drainage. Keep plants moist. • Vegetables: Prepare beds, preferably raised for drainage, with Complete Furniture Refinishing & Repair about 50% humus, including rotted manure. Uncompromising Quality for 24 Years • Winter Protection: Expect freeze any time; plan for protection of tender plants. Water. Remove coverings, particularly plastic, when temperature rises. Protect low plants with dry leaves, pine needles or soil mulch, but remove when weather warms.
Pin Oak Village
How to Contact Krenek Printing DEADLINE (for all ads and news in the Katy area): The 25th of the second month preceding publication date.
Free to non-profit organizations.
Get the word out!
ADS@KRENEKPRINTING.COM (281) 463-8649 fax (281) 463-2425
Affordable advertising across Katy & Hwy 6. 7102 Glen Chase Ct. Houston, TX 77095
www.krenekprinting.com GE front load washer and gas dryer. Excellent condition, 3 years old, $550 for the pair. Please call 281-216-2708. Rockets tickets, 2 seats, section102, row23, $90/pair, includes free Tundra parking, face value season ticket holder. Great seats. 713-851-5431 call/text. 4-burner gas range, white, perfect condition, $175. 281-463-0413. Winchester 1894 old saddle ring carbine 30-30, born 1920, has a western look, first 1150. email@example.com. Bassett Fremont brown, leather sofa. Beautiful, excellent condition! Paid well over $ 2,500, yours for only $800. 713-253-2104. Ashley leather, double reclining loveseat, like new, $850 OBO; Yamaha portable grand keyboard w/bench seat & stand, barely used, $380 OBO; Dell v313 allin-one wireless printer, $50; Lexmark 6150 all-in-one printer, $40; 7.5’ pre-lit Christmas tree, $25; Mission style computer desk w/hutch, $35; Ironman inversion table, brand new, $100 OBO. Call 281-861-8023 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. 4 plots - Memorial Oaks Cemetery, 4 spaces together, valued at $32,400. All 4, $25,000 or 2 for $12,000; single, $6,500. Call 713-542-3685.
AUTOMOTIVE 1998 BMW 750IL: Moonroof, V8, all possible options, 138K miles, unusually good condition, $4,200. 281-682-7868. 2002 Volvo S60 4-door sedan: black, moonroof, leather, all possible options, fantastic condition, $4,200. 281-682-7868. 2004 Volvo S60 SUV: moonroof, leather, all possible options, fantastic condition, $6,200. 281-682-7868. Hooker super comp headers for ‘94 – ‘95 Camaro 350 LT-1, $400 OBO. Call 281-861-8023 or email email@example.com. 2009 Saturn Vue XE - 4 door, white, FWD, 2.4 Liter, 2 wheel drive, 45K miles, clean car fax. One owner, excellent condition, $14,950. Call 281-463-1175.
Marcy Home Gym complete with self spotting bench, curling bar, lat-pull pully system & over 200 lbs. of weights. Also a chest-explosion machine & accessories for the pully system. Excellent condition. $325 or $350 delivered assembled. 281-881-6405. Sofa good to very good condition, $250 OBO. firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit the web site to post your ad.
mail, fax or email: CLASSIFIED@KRENEKPRINTING.COM Get prices online or call us 8:30a - 5p.
Traditional chestnut dining room. Table extends to 96 in., 8 chairs and tabletop protector pads, china cabinet is 66 in. long, 4 yrs old. $2,100 cash. Thomas Kincaid “Sunrise” canvas #101, 20”x24,” burl framed 29”x33,” $375. 713851-7374.
Pin Oak Village
1985, 18 ½ foot Sea Ray. 165 Mercruiser, $3,000. Comes with accessories. 832-655-4746. 1998 Suzuki 1500 Intruder motorcycle, eggshell on white in color, black leather saddle bags, $3,000. 281-726-4305 Pat.
WANTED Wanted: Rolex watches for collector. 281-414-3597.
HELP WANTED - CARE Caregiver(s). All shifts. Assist residents with their activities of daily living and personal care. Excellent communication, nurturing heart and interpersonal skills required. Resumes to email@example.com or 281-3953496, Ref: CGKMTLKP. Live in caregiver for elderly, ambulatory female. Must be mature female, nonsmoker with valid drivers license, transportation and good driving record. Duties include companionship, personal care, light cleaning and cooking. Must be able to live in Monday through Saturday. Please have references. 281-550-7577
ADVANCED HOME EXTERIORS WE DON’T TRY TO DO IT ALL... WE ONLY DO WHAT WE DO BEST! SIDING, WINDOWS, ROOFING & INSULATION HardiePlank Siding & Exterior Painting Energy Efﬁcient Replacement Windows Re-Rooﬁng -- Blown-In Attic Insulation
HardiePlank or Window Replacement *Minimum purchase required
Recommended by Tom Tynan, SportsRadio 610 am Call Today for Your Free Estimate!
AntSir Pest Control Residential & Commercial
�• All General Pests • Carpenter Ants • Bed Bugs • Bees • Fleas • Rodent Exclusions • Snakes • Spiders • Termites • WDI Reports
When You’ve Got Pest Problems... We’re Your AntSir!
Family Owned & Operated
VOICE LESSONS Discover your vocal abilities or refine your skills! Preparation for All-State, UIL, and Auditions All genres, especially classical, musical theater and jazz. Healthy technique that combines ease and sensibility, making singing fun and rewarding! Seasoned teacher and performer.
Classified Ads HELP WANTED Images Hair Studio is now accepting applications for a receptionist position. Looking for someone who is mature and professional. Customer service experience is a plus. 281-745-7801. Advertising company - looking for sales/home welcomers in 77494 or 77095. Work part time on your own schedule. Visit new homeowners in your area and go over a packet of information. Add businesses to the packet and earn unlimited $. Call 281-855-6589 for more information. Cornerstone Presbyterian Church is looking to add to their team of loving childcare providers. We have an immediate need on Sunday evenings with possible additional hours on Sunday and Wednesday mornings. If possible, proof of current CPR training should be submitted with resume; however, we can provide training and certification. Submit resumes to Carol Kutzer at info@ cornerstonekaty.org or call 281-579-1080. Katy area child care in need of part time and full time childcare providers. Contact Mrs. Dana, 281-394-5437. Sales persons wanted to sell Replacement Windows and Window coverings. Ownership opportunity available. Call Replacement Windows of Katy at 281-392-5353. Enjoy Golf and the outdoors? Hole in One Challenge, a national par 3 company, is seeking sales representatives to promote a par 3 contest on local golf courses. A portion of all sales will help support programs offered to young people through The First Tee. Work a 5 hour shift - approximately 8:00 AM to 1:00 PM (weekends with occasional weekdays). $10 per hour plus commission after reaching minimum sales goal. Daily pay. Positions are available immediately. Must be able to pass drug test. Please contact Larry Wilkerson 281-758-4282. Visit www.holeinonechallenge.com. Manta Ray Enterprises, Inc. (MRE, Inc.) is always in search of highly motivated Real Estate Agents who’s core values that are aligned with that of the Broker’s. You are not expected to have the exact know-how when you start. But open minded and willing to learn from a TREC-MCE Instructor with over 28 years experience on leasing and working with property management with single family homes & condos. MRE, Inc. will guide you on the proper forms to use. Broker will provide a one-on-one support to any Real Estate Agent willing and wanting to learn more. MRE, Inc. will assist you to better serve your clients/ customers/investors with sales, leases and property management. MRE, Inc. has been recognized and involved with Katy ISD, Community Education for more than 23 years at Taylor High School in Katy. MRE, Inc. offers incentive packages along with additional Real Estate knowledge. For more information and to get started on your new career today; please contact the Broker, “Tisha” Matticks, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Now hiring security officers, part time/full time. No experience necessary. Retirees welcome. All shifts available. Accepting applications Monday - Thursday, 8 AM - 11 AM. Located at 1035 Dairy Ashford, Suite 225, Houston, Texas 77079. Phone: 281-759-1010. Martial Arts USA is hiring qualified Tae Kwon Do Black Belts with WTF certification, over 18 years of age, background checks and interviews will be conducted. Contact Master Shin or Master An at 281-463-9333 or email YoungAn@cyfairtkd. com. Location, 17121 West Rd. Suite 200 Houston TX 77095. Position available for an experienced hair stylist with a great attitude and good clientele. Benefits available. Call Images Hair Studio at 281-256-2286.
Graduate of the prestigious Oberlin Conservatory of Music.
Call Tiffany to get started!
Pin Oak Village
Classified Ads Looking for a highly motivated and outgoing person to be the front desk for a new dental office in Katy area. Candidate should be knowledgeable about dental insurance and have great communication skills. It is a paperless office so computer skills is a must. Experience is necessary, minimum 2 years. Need to know how to schedule, run daily/monthly/yearly reports, submit insurance claims electronically and manually, work on accounts receivable, manage patient charts, discuss and present treatment plans, verify insurance, pretreatment estimates and so on, handle patient upsets, deal with software support, etc. Please forward resume to email@example.com. Discovery Schoolhouse now hiring teachers and support staff. Must have experience working in a licensed child care facility, be flexible and dependable and have a passion for early childhood education. Call 281-401-9828 or send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Now Hiring! Do you love children? Small private preschool is now accepting applications. Must be dependable and energetic. Will train. Must have copy of High School Diploma or GED and copy of Social Security Card. Apply in person to 16618 Clay Road, Suite 400. 281-656-2273. The Pediatric Dentist of Katy is looking for a highly motivated Registered Dental Assistant. Our Pediatric Dental practice is located at 24022 Cinco Village Center Blvd., Suite 210 in Katy. Our office hours are Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 8 AM to 5 PM, with lunch from 12-1 PM. On Fridays we are open from 7:30 AM to 3 PM. Please bring by your resume in person. Housekeepers needed. Great hours for mom’s with school age children. 281-861-0394. Dental Assistant needed, at least 2 years of experience, must be state licensed. 281-550-0900.
Klassic Garage Doors Professional Garage Door Repair We replace or repair garage doors or garage door openers.
• Maintenence • Replace Panels
• Broken Springs • Door Off Track
qery Call anytime 24 hour emergency service available
281-408-0028 281-763-4310 Cell
YDR SERVICES Free es! mat Esti
LAWN & LANDSCAPE
Se star rvice tin $ 22. g at 99
• LAWN AERATION New! • LAWN DETHATCHING • LAWN MAINTENANCE Maidservice & House Cleaning • LANDSCAPE DESIGN “I Will Meet Or Beat Any Written • YARD CLEAN-UPS Estimate!!!” GRASS • BED MULCHING $139 • SPRINKLERS INSTALLED LI#8966 • PONDS/PATIOS Per Pallet Installed
Residential Electrician(s): Journeyman or helper/apprentice. Have experience, references & contact info. ready, beginners last employment info. Send resume to email@example.com.
TIMESHARES/VACATION HOMES Timeshare: rent a lovely condo for a full week in Hawaii. Sleeps 4, fully stocked kitchen. What else needs to be said... It’s Hawaii! $795. For information contact Cheryl at 281-855-7427. Las Vegas Timeshare - On the Strip near the airport, sleeps 4, full kitchen, dining & living; jacuzzi in room, 2 TV’s/2 Phones, 2 pools outside building, fitness room, washer/dryer/safe in room, 4 days $355 - 7 days $500. No added fees. Cheryl 281-543-2409. Vacation home for rent: Hill country vacation home, Cedar Creek Cabin, new 2/2 with loft, fully furnished, huge front porch, satellite TV, beautiful views, abundant wildlife, Frio River at Concan near Garner State Park, sleeps 8. Call 866-7CON-CAN or go to www.frioman.com for more information.
NOVENA Due to the amount of space involved and the response of those wishing to publish a Novena to St. Jude, a Novena to St. Jude will be published along with a list of initials of those wishing to publish one. We are sorry, but we cannot make exceptions. $5 Charge for each Novena per area. Please specify which area you would your Novena to appear in. - Krenek Printing.
NOVENA TO ST. JUDE May the Sacred Heart of Jesus be adored, glorified, loved and preserved throughout the world, now and forever. Sacred Heart of Jesus have mercy on us. St. Jude, worker of miracles, pray for us. St. Jude helper of the hopeless, pray for us. Say Novena 9 times a day for 9 days. It has never been known to fail. Publication must be promised. Thank you St. Jude – CSG
Pin Oak Village
Achieve with exper tise Katy’s most advanced inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation. At Memorial Hermann Rehabilitation Hospital-Katy, we offer a comprehensive range of rehabilitative care. Our inpatient rehabilitation program features 35 private rooms, specially designed for patients recovering from stroke, neurological disorders, complex orthopedic conditions and more. And our outpatient care includes advanced physical, occupational and speech therapy, including pre and post surgical therapy, manual therapy for back, neck and extremity problems and VitalStim® dysphagia (swallowing) therapy and LSVT® for neurological disorders. For more information or to tour our facility, please call 281.579.5555.
21720 Kingsland Blvd., Suite 102 Katy, TX 77450 281.579.5555 memorialhermann.org
Pin Oak Village
HELPFUL NUMBERS HOMEOWNER ASSOCIATION Crest management company Connie Navarre Community Association Manager firstname.lastname@example.org Direct: 281-945-4613 Fax: 281-579-7062 POLICE/FIRE Emergency 911 281-342-6116 Fort Bend County Sheriff non-emergency 281-341-4665 Katy Police Department 281-391-4848 Katy Volunteer Fire Dept. Alarms only 281-391-2300 Schools www.katyisd.org KISD Administration 281-396-6000 KISD Transportation 281-396-7560 Katy Elementary 281-237-6550 281-234-0800 Woodcreek Jr. High Katy High School 281-237-6700 Libraries Ft. Bend Co. Cinco Ranch 281-395-1311 Community YMCA 281-392-5055 VFW 281-391-4872 Fort Bend Co. Court House 281-342-3411 281-342-3411 William B. Travis Building Jane Long Annex 281-342-3411 281-391-5289 Katy Chamber of Commerce Utilities/Post Office Centerpoint Gas 713-659-2111 Reliant energy 713-207-7777 Power Street Lights Out 713-207-2222 FORT BEND CO. MUD.# 124MUD Operator Seven Trent 281-398-8211 800-690-7623 County Road & Bridge Dept. (curb repair & mosquito spraying) TRASH PICKUP* Waste Corporation of TX 281-368-8397 • Pick-up Days Sat. & Wed. 713-341-1000 Comcast Communications (Cable) Katy - Park Row Post Office 1-800-275-8777 713-465-8462 Dept. of Public Safety Poison Control 1-800/764-7661 Medical Memorial Hermann katy Hospital 281-644-7000 Memorial Hospital 713-932-3000 Christus St. Catherine 281-599-5700
NEWSLETTER...PIN OAK VILLAGE REPORTER For Commercial or Classified Ads contact: Krenek Printing Co. 281-463-8649 7102 Glen Chase Ct. Houston, TX 77095 Fax: 281-463-2425 Email: News@KrenekPrinting.com...for articles Email: ads@KrenekPrinting.com...for ads
Pin Oak Village
FREDDY’S PAINTING www.freddyspainting.net
• Exterior & Interior Paint • Faux Finish/Color Assessment • Hardiplank Installation • Wood Replacement • Siding Replacement & Repair • Sheetrock Repair & Retexturing
Insured & Bonded
e y r w
25 Years Experience • Work Guaranteed • Free Estimates
Serving Katy, Fort Bend and Surrounding Areas... With Quality For Over 49 Years • Maintenance • Repairs • Renovations • Acid Washing • Re-Plastering • Re-Coping • Filters • Pumps • Heaters • Automatic Cleaners • APSP Registered & Certified Techs
• Weekly Pool Cleaning Service • Repairs • Renovations
Factory Warranty Service for Pentair w e
DISCLAIMER: Articles and ads in this newsletter express the opinions of their authors and do not necessarily reflect to opinions of Krenek Printing Co. or its employees. Krenek Printing is not responsible for the accuracy of any facts stated in articles submitted by others. The publisher also assumes no responsibility for the advertising content with in this publication. All warranties and representations make in the advertising content are solely that of the advertiser and any such claims regarding its content should be taken up with the advertiser. The publisher assumes no liability with regard to its advertisers for misprints or failure to place advertising in this publication except for the actual cost of such advertising. Although every effort is taken to avoid mistakes and/or misprints in this publication the publisher assumes no responsibility for any errors of information or typographical mistakes, except as limited to the cost of advertising as stated above or in the case of misinformation, a printed retraction/correction. Under no circumstances shall the publisher be held liable for incidental or consequential damages, inconvenience, loss of business or services, or any other liabilities from failure to publish, or from failure to publish in a timely manner, except as limited to liabilities stated above. Published by: KRENEK PRINTING CO. 7102 Glen Chase Ct., Houston, TX. 77095 281-463-8649 news @krenekprinting.com
In an Emergency, don’t hit the panic button...
Come to us!
Stop by and Register to Win 4 Front Row Rocket’s Tickets + Parking for the Game on 02/08/2013, a $1000 VALUE! On 02/4/13, the winner will be announced on our Facebook page.
SPHIER Emergency Room Advantages: • Treatment for both children and adults with minor and major injuries and illnesses • Pediatric Treatment Rooms • On-site Laboratory, Ultrasound, CT and X-Ray • Patients requiring in-patient hospital services will be expedited to the hospital of their choice
SPHIER Emergency Room has been proudly serving the Katy area for over two years. We’ve designed emergency rooms with our patients in mind — to create a whole new SPHIER of Emergency Care. 832.321.1000 | www.SPHIER.com
24 HOUR FITNESS
HIGHLAND KNOLLS DR
© 2012 SPHIER Emergency Room. All rights reserved.
Your Local Maid Service for 20 Years • SAME DAY • SAME CREW • AFFORDABLE • BONDED • INSURED • REFERENCES • SUPPLIES FURNISHED
1560 S. Mason Road, Suite E Katy, Texas 77450
Sunday Monday Tuesday
New Years Day January 17th
Ben Franklin’s Birthday
Thursday Friday Saturday
9 10 11 12
Inauguration Day January 21st
Tammy Smith, Owner-Operated
Martin Luther King Jr. Day National Thank You Month National Eye Care Month National Volunteer Blood Donor Month National Book Month
New customer only on regular schedule. Not valid with any other offer. Not valid for one time or empty cleans.
13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31 Office: 281/646-1136 • Mobile: 281/797-1600 • e-mail: email@example.com
Selling Your Home Is a VISUAL Thing Over 90% of all home buyers use the internet to search for a home Let me put you MILES ahead of the competition • • •
Visual Tours linked to popular web-sites Maximum quality photos linked to web-sites On-Line Sellers Advantage Program
Show off your home with on-line photo marketing!
©2012 Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate LLC. A Realogy Company. All Rights Reserved. Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate LLC fully supports the principles of the Fair Housing Act and the Equal Opportunity Act. Each Office is Independently Owned and Operated. Better Homes and Gardens, the Better Homes and Garden Real Estate logo are registered service marks owned by Meredith Corporation and licensed to Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate LLC.
Published by: Krenek Printing 7102 Glen Chase Ct • Houston, TX 77095 • 281-463-8649 Pin Oak Village January 2013 email: firstname.lastname@example.org for articles • email@example.com for business ads • classiﬁed@krenekprinting.com for classiﬁed ads
Published on Dec 21, 2012