The Lamp Post Bear Creek Meadows Villages of Bear Creek Bear Creek Glen Plantation Lakes
HOUSTON AREA EVENTS IN OCTOBER
October 12th - 13th - Katy Rice Harvest Festival, Downtown Katy. Celebrate Katy’s agricultural heritage with two stages of live entertainment, more than 350 food and craft vendors, a carnival and children’s activities. Leading up to the event, there also will be a parade, cooking contest and photography contest; www.riceharvestfestival. org. October 19th - 20th - Gulf Coast International Dragon Boat Regatta, Sugarland, Brooks Lake, 1 Fluor Daniel Drive. Event showcases the tradition and sport of dragon boat racing; www.texasdragonboat.com. October 24th - 27th - Boatoberfest, Seabrook, noon - 7 PM Thursday and Friday, 10 AM - 7 PM Saturday and 10 AM - 6 PM Sunday. Endeavour Marina, 3101 NASA Parkway. Features Tri-Hull Powerboat Races on Saturday and Sunday, plus boats on display and for sale, vendors, the Gourmet Food Truck Rally on Saturday, live music, a craft beer garden and chili cook-off. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. October 26th - Texian Market Day, Richmond, George Ranch Historical Park, 10215 F.M. 762. Explore more than 150 years of Texas history with historical reenactments, hands-on activities, live entertainment, food and craft vendors; www. texianmarketdays.com. October 26th - Tomball Bluegrass Festival, Tomball, Depot Plaza, 201 S. Elm St. Celebration of Americana features performances by David Davis and the Warrior River Boys, Wood and Wire, Tayhoss and others. Music starts at noon. Also find food and craft vendors; www.tomballtx.gov. October 26th - 27th - Wings Over Houston Airshow, Ellington Airport, 11602 Aerospace. Features the U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds, on-the-ground airplane displays and much more; www.wingsoverhouston.com. October 27th - Halloween Spooktacular, Lake Jackson, Sea Center Texas, 300 Medical Drive. Dress up in Halloween costumes and enjoy crafts, games and special programs; www.tpwd.state.tx.us/seacenter. October 27th - Spooktacular! Sugarland, Houston Museum of Natural Science at Sugar Land, 13016 University Blvd. Come dressed in Halloween costumes and enjoy children’s crafts and activities; www.hmns.org/sugarland. October 31st - Trick or Treat Trail, Pearland, Pearland High School, 3775 S. Main St. Children can trick-or-treat in a safe and fun environment with music, games, food, a costume contest for children up to age 12 and other activities; www.pearlandparks. com.
Your newsletter can now be viewed online at www.krenekprinting.com Newsletters - Hwy 6 - Lamp Post
Published by: Krenek Printing 7102 Glen Chase Ct • Houston, TX 77095 • 281-463-8649 Lamp Post October 2013 1 email: email@example.com for articles • firstname.lastname@example.org for business ads • classiﬁed@krenekprinting.com for classiﬁed ads
Family & Cosmetic Dentistry Whitening Special $
• Laser Dentistry -painless cold sore treatments...some fillings can be done without anesthetic • Vizilite Plus - painless oral cancer screening...can detect cancerous and pre-cancerous cells • Non Surgical Periodontal Therapy -put an end to bleeding gums and mouth odor • Isolite System -award winning, ergonomic patient comfort system reduces stress • TMJ splint therapy-teeth that are worn, sore joints, & gums that are receding are all indicators • Intra Oral camera -areas of concern are displayed on a monitor for your viewing
10 Minutes from the Energy Corridor
16100 Cairnway, Suite 285
BEAR CREEK MEADOWS
Creek Meadows owners may obtain the necessary form from the website at www.preferredmgt.com/bearcreekmeadows.
BEAR CREEK MEADOWS NEWS
Bear Creek Meadows Homeowners Association Contact is Preferred Management Services, AAMC® at 281-897-8808. Homeowners for this community are welcome to contact Preferred Management Services, AAMC® should they have any questions or need to obtain information. Preferred Management Services is able to assist with questions concerning ACC approval, pool information, deed restrictions, account information and much more. DEED RESTRICTION REMINDERS: 1. Any homeowner wishing to make exterior modifications to their property must obtain approval from the Association prior to starting any work. You may obtain a home improvement form from the website at www.preferredmgt.com or by contacting Preferred Management Services, AAMC® at 281-897-8808. 2. As amended in the Association’s deed restrictions, lawn Maintenance must be done weekly during the growing season. 3. Trash Containers must only be put out for pick up the day of pick up and put away the same day. Containers must be stored out of sight on non-trash pick-up days. 4. All animals must be leashed and prevented from trespassing onto neighbor’s property. 5. No permanent basketball goals shall be permitted in front of the front building line or within three feet of any side lot line. 6. Portable basketball goals must be kept concealed from the street when not being used. FENCE INFORMATION The perimeter fences around the community belong to the homeowners. It is the homeowners responsibility to maintain, repair and replace the fence as needed. Perimeter fencing must be put back to its original installation style and may not vary to other styles. Fencing that is shared with neighbors should also be maintained, repaired and replaced as needed. Neighbors should communicate with each other and share in the cost of replacement. Any modifications to the fencing around your property (including adding a rot board) must be approved by the Association first. Bear
PREFERRED MANAGEMENT SERVICES, AAMC® Bear Creek Meadows Homeowners, we would like to let you know that your management company, Preferred Management Services, AAMC®, has completed the requirements to obtain CAI’s Accredited Association Management Company (AAMC®) credential. We are very excited to be only one of eight management companies in Houston to hold this designation. There are only 250 AAMC® management companies worldwide! We will continue to provide exemplary service to the community with a commitment to collect all outstanding assessments, enforce the deed restrictions and make Bear Creek Meadows a community you are proud to call home. Should you have any questions regarding the management of your community or your account, please contact us at 281-897-8808 or www.preferredmgt.com.
VILLAGES OF BEAR CREEK VILLAGES OF BEAR CREEK
There is a website for homeowners in the Villages of Bear Creek & Bear Creek Glen. Please visit www.mymcinc.com/villagesofbearcreek for more information. The website has information such as your account balance, meeting minutes, deed restrictions and much more. You will need to request a log-in in order to view your account information for your property address. DEED RESTRICTIONS REMINDERS Garage Sales: Two garage sales a year is the limit under Texas Law. The Limited Sales, Excise and Use Tax Act says that people who are not operating a business are permitted to have no more than two sales of their goods each year. If you exceed this amount, you will be treated as operating a business and you’ll need to obtain a sales tax permit from the state. A quick Internet search reveals that a number of Texas cities also have ordinances limiting garage sales and some don’t allow them at all. Houston has no such ordinance, however, according to the city’s website. Instead, the city relies on the state law. Businesses are not allowed in the community.
Trash Can Containers: Trash cans are to be out of site and remain out of view at all times, it takes away from property values.
BE SAFE! SERVICE HEATER PROTECT HOME • Annual Maintenance Programs • All repairs guaranteed • Serving area since 1994
Street Curbs: Curbs are homeowners’ responsibility to keep clean and free of debris, (i.e. leaves and trash). Keeping these clean will ensure less street flooding, trash being forced down and clogging sewer drains. Oil Stains: If you’re having difficulties getting the oil and grease stains out from your driveway, there are a few mixtures you can buy at an auto part store that is less than $10. These mixtures will help get the oil and grease stains in your driveway.
281-347-2665 nd Free estimate or 2 opinion
License TACLB 24777E and Insured
Air Conditioning Contractors of America
$25 off any repair
Streetlights: HOA Assessments pay for streetlights, please report streetlight outages to: www.centerpointenergy.com/services/ electricity/residential/reportastreetlightoutage, you will need the six digit streetlight pole number and a nearby address when filing out the on line report.
Please be careful and slow down while driving through the subdivision; remind your young drivers to do also. Please, be aware of your surroundings and parents, remind your children to watch for vehicles when crossing the street.
GARDENING TIPS FOR OCTOBER
Duct Inspection with tune-up
Is Your Current Mortgage Rate For:
• Dig and store caladiums before the foliage dies. Allow the bulbs to dry in the shade, shake off the dried soil and dust with sulphur to control fungus. Store by hanging in open mesh bags or old panty hose. • Flowers planted for spring can begin when the temperatures are going to stay cooler. Shrubs and trees can be planted now. Woody plants concentrate on root growth through the winter and the more headstart they can get before summer, the better. • October 15th is about the time for dividing and planting daylilies. • Watch out for brown patch in St. Augustine grass. These circular brown patches are caused by a fungus that is activated by moist cool weather. Control with Daconil. • If you need to do any pruning, do it early in the month. The re-growth stimulated by pruning needs to harden off before that odd-ball frost of Halloween. Prune fruit trees when leaves begin to fall. Remove all dead, weak and over-crowded growth. Tip back main branches to control size and shape. Spray w/dormant oil when temperature is between 30-60 degrees. • Cut back tops of perennials after they have bloomed. Divide roots and transplant anytime from now until March, the earlier the better. • Get the ant baits down. This will greatly reduce your spring populations. • Clover left over from last year may be growing. It’s best to hit it with the post-emerge herbicides in October and November. At least two applications are usually needed, even if done this early. • For color throughout the winter, begin planting pansies.
30 Years.... over 4.5% ? 15 Years... over 3.5% ? If YES, You Need to REFINANCE NOW Please Contact Us About Our
$0 Closing Cost Option for:
REFINANCE, CASH OUT, or PURCHASE
We are an A+ Rating, 5 STARs Mortgage Professional
Judy C. Sakata
Mortgage Loan Originator ID: 367645
JSakata@TopOneMortgage.net 7001 Corporate Dr. Ste. 100A Houston Tx 77036
ELECTRICIAN 5 Year Warranty* 100% Customer Satisfaction Guaranteed!
$30 Off Any Service Call! WIRED 713-467-1125 281-897-0001 P P P P P P
Not to be combined with any other discount or offer.
Electrical Services Residential & Commercial
Mount Flat Screens Generators Lighting Add Circuits Panel Replacement Cable/Phone Now Installing Solar Panels
24/7 Service • Same Rates 7 Days a Week Family Owned & Operated Award Winner
Master #100394 • TECL #22809
RECIPES CARAMEL COVERED APPLES
Your Neighborhood Plumber
$25 OFF With this Ad
Complete Plumbing & Drain Service We Welcome Your Questions • Open 7 Days a Week
www.aarons-plumbing.com For all your home maintenance and repair needs call us today. No job is too small.
INGREDIENTS 40 Caramel cubes 5 Apples 1 Tablespoon of water 5 Wooden sticks 1 Wax paper
DIRECTIONS Wash and dry the apples thoroughly. Remove stems and Insert the wooden sticks into the stem hole until about half the stick is in the apple. In a small saucepan, over low heat, melt the caramels with the water, stirring constantly until smooth. Now dip the apples Credit: Halloweenkitchen.com
PEANUT BUTTER CRUNCH APPLES
10% Off Labor with this ad $200 Maximum Discount
Owner: NW Houston Resident Since 1974 Fully Insured-General Liability and Workers’ Compensation.
INGREDIENTS 6 Granny Smith apples 6 wooden sticks 1 (14 ounce) package individually wrapped caramels, unwrapped 2 tablespoons water 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract 3 cups chopped peanut butter filled sandwich cookies 4 ounces milk chocolate, chopped 4 ounces white chocolate, chopped DIRECTIONS Insert wooden sticks into the stem end of each apple. Place apples on a cookie sheet covered with lightly greased aluminum foil. Combine caramels and water in a saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring often, until caramel melts and is smooth. Stir in the vanilla. Dip each apple into the caramel and gently run apples around insides of saucepan to scrape off some of the caramel. Scrape excess caramel from the apple bottoms using the side of the saucepan.
Bear Creek Animal Clinic Pet Wellness Fair Saturday, October 19th, (8am-11:30am)
www.bearcreekanimalclinic.com Ask about Senior and Dental Days
New Lower Prices On Our Wellness Packages !!!
Call for Information 4924 Hwy. 6 N. (South of Kieth Harrow)
Grooming/Boarding Available! 4
Spread the chopped cookies out on a dinner plate. Roll caramel apples in the cookies and place on the aluminum foil. Place the milk chocolate and white chocolate into separate microwave-safe bowls. Heat in the microwave at 30 second intervals, stirring between each, until melted and smooth. Drizzle milk chocolate over the apples, then drizzle the white chocolate over the milk chocolate. Refrigerate until ready to serve. http://allrecipes.com/ Submitted by The Staff CHOCOLATE DIPPED APPLES INGREDIENTS 10 small Granny Smith apples 1/2 cup chopped roasted peanuts 1/2 cup candy-coated milk chocolate candies 2 pounds semisweet chocolate, chopped DIRECTIONS Insert wooden craft sticks or lollipop sticks into the cores of the apples at the stem. Place the roasted peanuts and candies on separate plates. Set aside. Place the chocolate into a metal or glass bowl and set over a pan of barely simmering water. Stir frequently until melted. Remove from the heat. Dip apples into the melted chocolate, turning to coat completely. Dip or roll in candy or nuts, then place on a sheet of waxed paper. Repeat with remaining apples. Allow apples to set at room temperature until the chocolate is firm, about 20 minutes, before serving. http://allrecipes.com/ Submitted by Candypeacheschic
Your smile Our dedication
Dentistry For Your Entire Family • Traditional braces, clear braces, ClearCorrect • Veneers, Lumineers, Crowns, Bridges, Root Canals, Dentures, Gum Treatment • New Zoom WhiteSpeed Teeth Whitening
Tenemos personal en español que pueden asistirles.
HALLOWEEN SAFTEY TIPS
w w w. c h l o e d e n t a l . c o m
3950 N Fry Road/Katy, TX 77449 (Fry Rd. at Clay Rd.)
“Serving the Katy area for over 7 years.”
CY-SPRINGS PANTERAS DANCE CLINIC
Teens and Adolescents: • Travel in groups. Go only to the houses of people you know. Younger children should be accompanied by a responsible older person. • Carry flashlights. • Carry a mobile phone for quick communication. • Stay focused on your surroundings. If harassed or threatened, go into the closest store/restaurant and ask to use the phone. Call parents and/or police. Let the proprietors know that your group feels unsafe. • Be very cautious around jack-o’-lanterns with lit candles. Keep an eye out for flames and/or candles on porches. • Consider alternatives to trick-or-treating. Alternatives include house or school parties or volunteering at a haunted-house project. Teen and Adult Drivers: • Clear the driver’s view. Be sure that neither the driver’s costume nor anything else in the car obstructs the driver’s view. • Wear a seat belt. Be sure your passengers are wearing a safety belt, even if they have to take off part of their costume to attach it. • Drive slowly and defensively. Don’t assume that a pedestrian, especially an excited youngster in a costume, will move as you expect. Keep an eye out for trick-or-treaters darting out from parked cars. Homeowners: • Replace burned-out bulbs in exterior lights. Leave your exterior lights on later than usual - perhaps even all night. • Clear the pathway. Make sure the path to your door is well lighted and your lawn is clear of things that could be tripped over, such as jack-o’-lanterns with lit candles, ladders, garden hoses, flowerpots, bikes and animal leashes. • Sweep wet leaves from sidewalks and stairs. • Keep excitable pets away from the door. You’ll have a safer and calmer house if you keep Fido away from where you are dispensing the treats. • Put your car in the garage. Lock your garage doors.
We accept Most Insurances, Medicaid, TX CHIPS Open Saturdays Walk-ins welcome Payment Plans Offered
• Oral Surgery & Wisdom Teeth • Dental Implant Surgery • Conscious Sedation • Digital X-rays with reduced radiation
The award-winning Panteras are providing a dance clinic for children in grades K - 12th at Cypress Springs High School on Saturday, October 12th. Attendees will learn a dance and perform it at the end of the clinic. This is always a fun event and one that you will not want to miss. The event will be from 8:30 AM - 2:30 PM, with showoffs for the parents and families at 2 PM. Cost is only $20. To register, please contact Jody Schoth at the following for order form and how to register: Jody Schoth Pantera Parent Club 19814 Azalea Valley Drive Katy, TX 77449 JSchoth@comcast.net 713-299-9548 (text or call)
OCTOBER IS NATIONAL BREAST CANCER AWARENESS MONTH
The National Breast Cancer Awareness Month (NBCAM) program is dedicated to increasing awareness about the importance of the early detection of breast cancer through a nationwide campaign. NBCAM started as a weeklong campaign in 1985 with 2 founding members. Today the American Cancer Society is one of many national public service organizations, professional associations and government agencies that form the NBCAM Board of Sponsors. During October, which is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, the member organizations of the Board of Sponsors join forces to spread the message that early detection of breast cancer followed by prompt treatment saves lives. The American Cancer Society recommends early detections. Women age 40 and older should have a screening mammogram every year and should continue to do so for as long as they are in good health. The third Friday in October each year is National Mammography Day, first proclaimed by President Clinton in 1993. On this day or throughout the month, women are encouraged to make a mammography appointment. To find a facility in your area, please call: American Cancer Society • (800) 227-2345 National Cancer Institute • (800) 4-CANCER Or visit nbcam.org or www.cancer.org for more information.
QUALITY PLUMBING Operated by Master Plumbers MLP19029
Fall Special $
General Pest Control, NO CONTRACTS, includes yard, 30 Day Warranty. Call for details. Expires 10/31/2013
RODENT CONTROL $
Call for details
FLEA/TICK SERVICE $
Call for details. Expires 10/31/13
• BedBugs • General Pest • Animal Removal • Wasps & Bees • Rodents • Fleas & Ticks • Termite Inspections & Treatments
• Quality Work at Reasonable Rates • All Phases of Plumbing • Faucets/Toilets • Garbage Disposals • Water Heaters • Drain & Sewer Cleaning • Sewer Line Video Camera • Gas Tests and Repairs • Pipe Repairs • 7 Days a week • 24 Hour Service • 27 Years Experience $
Book online at
e y w r
TEENAGE JOB SEEKERS
If you are between 12 and 18 and would like to be added to the teenage job seeker’s list, please fill out the form in the newsletter with your name, age, birthdate (mon. & yr.), phone number, (one only) year you will graduate (or grade presently in) and the name of your subdivision. Check the list of jobs you want on your form. Email to email@example.com (preferred) or mail to Krenek Printing, 7102 Glen Chase Ct., Houston, TX 77095. Must have parent(s) permission. DISCLAIMER: Neither the subdivision, nor Krenek Printing is responsible for those listed on the Teenage Job Seeker List. Please ask for and check out references if you do not personally know those listed. This is just a list of teenagers from the subdivision who wish to find part time jobs. Responsibility for any work done by these teenagers is between those seeking helpers and the teens and their parents. (Revised 8/13) If your name was left off the list, it is because you did not return our call/email to update our records. You will have to resubmit your information to be put back on.
When you mention this ad.
* Weedends & Holidays Extra
TEENAGE JOB SEEKERS
Amaya Garage Doors
(Students must be 12 before they can be added to the babysitting list.) Please fill in ALL information or we cannot put you on the list.
Does your garage door need service? We can help!
Se Habla Espanol
Job(s) _________________________________ ❑ B -Babysitting Name _________________________________ ❑ SS -Safe Sitter
• We Offer Service for Most Models • Replace / Repair • Broken Springs • Hurricane Bracing • Reasonable Prices
❑ SL -Swim Lessons
Address ________________________________ ❑ CPR -CPR Certified e y w r
❑ FAC -First Aid Cert. ❑ RCC -Red Cross Cert. Birthdate - Mo/Yr_________________________ ❑ P -Pet Care (only) ❑ PP -Pet/Plant Sitter Age ______ Current Grade ______ Class of ____ ❑ H -Housecare Phone _________________________________ ❑ L -Lawncare ❑ T -Tutor Subdivision______________________________ ❑ C -Car Detailing
I give my permission for my child’s name and phone number to be published in the ‘Teenage Job Seekers’ section of our subdivision newsletter.
11740 Barker Cypress www.joelmuller.com Hablamos Español
Parent Signature ____________________________________________________
Providing Insurance and Financial Services Home Office: Bloomington, Illinois 61710
Please place my name on the Job Seekers List
email to: firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred)
or mail to: Krenek Printing Co. 7102 Glen Chase Ct., Houston, TX 77095 www.krenekprinting.com
Smile, October is Orthodontic Health Month www.DrSchimek.com Braces For All Ages Invisalign Preferred Provider Most Insurance Accepted Flexible Payment Plans FREE Consultation & X-Ray!
Alfred Huerta, Jr., M.D. Board Certified Family Practice
Dr. Loya and Dr. Huerta are both graduates of UTMB Galveston.
Primary Care Including: ? Annual Physicals ? Children & Adolescent Healthcare ? Preventive Healthcare ? Manage Blood Pressure, Diabetes, Cholesterol ? Women’s Healthcare
$400 Off TreaTmenT when you bring in this ad.
(New patients and comprehensive orthodontic treatment only. Some insurance restrictions apply. Treatment ranging from $3000-$5700. Offer expires 12-1-13.)
Dr. Joe Schimek Orthodontist
Same day appointments
4526 Highway 6 Houston, TX 77084
Se Habla Español
Longenbaugh Cherry Park
7825 Highway 6 N., Suite 107
“HATS OFF TO VOLUNTEERS” AT CY-FAIR ISD
CYPRESS-FAIRBANKS INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT WWW.CFISD.NET CFISD OCTOBER CALENDAR October 14th - Student Holiday
CY-FAIR EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATION PRESENTS SALUTE TO THE STARS
Everyone who remembers their own education remembers teachers, not methods and techniques. The teacher is the heart of the educational system. Join us to celebrate some of the district’s best. With the help of the Cy-Fair community, “Salute to the Stars” has raised over $1.7 million for scholarship funds for graduating seniors seeking education beyond high school and by funding staff development grants to the district since it’s inception in 1998. Please help us in our efforts to improve the future for our dedicated youth. Event Info October 17, 2013 • Doors open 6:30 PM Rechard E. Berry Educational Support Center Event Underwriter, Cypress Fairbanks Medical Center Hospital; Superintendent Table Sponsor, Bay - IBI Group Architects; Red Carpet Premiere Sponsor, Cy-Fair Federal Credit Union; Teacher Appreciation Sponsor, Methodist Willowbrook Hospital. Salute to the Stars Sponsor Event Form: http://library. constantcontact.com/download/get/file/1102716750342-139/CFEF_ Salute+Flyer+Sponsor+Commitment+Form+2013.pdf Salute to the Stars Program Ad Sales: http://library. c o n s t a n t c o n t a c t . c o m / d o w n l o a d / g e t / f i l e / 11 0 2 7 1 6 7 5 0 3 4 2 140/2013+Salute+Ad+Sales+Flyer.pdf About us, fundraising activities and pribate donations finance CFEF. CFEF receives no tax dollars from the Cypress-Fairbans ISD or any other taxing entity.
Georgina Loya, M.D. Board Certified Family Practice
• • • • •
“Whenever you wear your hat, your day will be special.” - Margo Nickel In Cy-Fair ISD, volunteers have the opportunity to wear lots of different hats. Some will find themselves wearing the hat of a library helper or classroom reader. Others find that organizing a fundraiser or mentoring a student is the hat they wear best. Whatever volunteer hat you are wearing in our schools, one thing is certain; your day will be special. Cy-Fair ISD volunteers center the attention of their service on supporting students and staff and making a significant contribution to the education of children. They give freely of their time and resources and have an impact on the academic and personal development of our students. Cypress-Fairbanks ISD is fortunate to be able to draw from a terrific diversity of skills and knowledge in its community. If you are interested in being a part of an exciting group of volunteers and making a difference in your Cy-Fair ISD Schools or would like more information, please feel free to contact Pam Scott, Partners in Education Director at 281-894-3950.
CY-FAIR ISD VOLUNTEER OCTOBER 2013 TRAININGS & EVENTS “HATS OFF TO VOLUNTEERS”
October 1st - VIPS Language Arts/Reading Grades 2 - 5, 9:30 AM to 11:30 AM, Berry Center. Techniques will be presented that CFISD parents and volunteers can use when they assist teachers and students working to improve reading and writing skills in grades 2 through 5. October 10th - PIE Mentor Training, 9:30 AM to 11:30 AM, Berry Center. Training for individuals committed to serve as a role model and friend to CFISD students. An application and criminal background check is required. October 29th - VIPS Fall Conference, 8 AM to 2 PM, Berry Center. A day of informative workshops is offered to volunteers, staff, parents and community members designed to support the work of volunteers in all CFISD schools. Registration forms are available in schools and in the PIE dept. How to register for training: With the exception of Hearing and Vision State Certification, register for training by emailing the PIE office at email@example.com. Please send a separate email for each training you wish to attend. Provide your name and the name and date of the training in each email. Registration is required to guarantee a seat and training materials. Adults only.
ROOK’S AC & Heating
• NORTHMEAD GARAGE SALE, COPPERFIELD - The semiannual neighborhood garage sale will be held on October 5th, from 8 AM - 2 PM. The Homeowners’ Association will post signs to advertise the sale. Northmead is located in Copperfield off of West Road between Hwy. 6 N and Telge Rd. • CONCORD BRIDGE GARAGE SALE - The last garage sale of 2013 will be on Saturday, October 5th. Concord Bridge is located by Eldridge and West Little York. • BEAR CREEK GARAGE SALE - Saturday, October 5th, from 8 AM - 1 PM. Be sure to plan for this garage sale in advance, so you will be ready for HPCA’s semi-annual Garage Sale. HPCA will provide advertising and security. Make October 5th. the day!! Bear Creek is located between Clay Road and Addicks-Satsuma, off of Hwy. 6 N. • CYPRESS CREEK LAKES COMMUNITY GARAGE SALE - The Community Garage Sale in Cypress Creek Lakes will be on Saturday October 5th, 7 AM - 3 PM, located off of Tuckerton Rd. near Fry Rd. • COPPERBROOK GARAGE SALE - Copperbrook’s Fall Community Garage Sale will be on Saturday, October 5th. Copperbrook has two entrances located along West Rd. just after Jackrabbit Rd. when heading towards Hwy. 6. • ABERDEEN GREEN COMMUNITY GARAGE SALE - Come ‘Fall’ into some great deals at the Aberdeen Green Semi-annual Community Garage Sale! The sale will be on Saturday, October 12th from 7 AM until 2 PM. Aberdeen Green is located on Telge Road at West Road, south of Hwy. 290. • BRIDGELAND 4th - ANNUAL GARAGE SALE - Festival Park (across from the Activity Center), Saturday, October 12th from 8 AM to Noon. One location - over 50 family garage sales! Bridgeland is located off of Fry Road, between 290 & Tuckerton Rd., across from Cypress Ranch High School. • WHEATSTONE VILLAGE COMMUNITY GARAGE SALE - Saturday, October 12th. The residents of Coppercreek I, Coppercreek II, Cloverfield and Copperstone are having a garage sale from the hours of 8 AM until 1 PM. Wheatstone is located on Longenbaugh between Highway 6 and Barker Cypress. • WESTCREEK VILLAGE’S COMMUNITY GARAGE SALE - The Garage Sale will be held on Saturday, Oct. 19th, 7 AM to 1 PM. Westcreek is off of Barker Cypress Rd., between FM 529 and Longenbaugh. • RIATA RANCH FALL GARAGE SALE - The Riata Ranch Fall Garage Sale will be October 19th, 7 AM to 2 PM. Rain or Shine! Signs will be placed at the entrances early in the week of the sale. Riata Ranch is located south of 290 off of Barker Cypress and Riata Ranch Blvd. • SYDNEY HARBOUR COMMUNITY GARAGE SALE - The Garage Sale will be on Saturday, October 19th, 8 AM - 12 PM. Join us for our Annual Sydney Harbour’s Garage Sale. Sydney Harbour is located at Cypress Rosehill and Huffmeister. • JAMESTOWN COLONY COMMUNITY GARAGE SALE - We’ve rescheduled Saturday, October 19th, as the day for our Community Garage Sale. Jamestown is off of West Little York and AddicksSatsuma. • MIDDLEGATE VILLAGE, COPPERFIELD FALL COMMUNITY GARAGE SALE - Scheduled for Saturday, October 19th, from 7 AM to 3 PM. The rain date is scheduled for Saturday, October 26th. Signs will be posted around the community one week prior to the event. Middlegate Village is located off of Hwy. 6 N. in Copperfield. • HIGHLAND CREEK VILLAGE FALL COMMUNITY GARAGE SALE - on Saturday, October 19th. Signs will be posted. Highland Creek Village is located at FM 529 & Creek Village Dr. • VILLAGES AT LAKEPOINTE FALL GARAGE SALE - Villages at Lakepointe holds two garage sales per year. This year the fall event will be held on Saturday, October 19th. The subdivision is off of West Little York, East of Eldridge.
50 18 Point A/C or Heat Special
FREE 1st lb. Freon 1/2 Priced Condenser Coil Cleaning 1 Yr. Warranty On Parts Changed We Value Your Business All Brands Serviced Local Neighborhood Company Free 2nd Opinions Fast Personalized Service
We Will Heat & Cool Your Castle!
FREDDY’S PAINTING www.freddyspainting.net
• Exterior & Interior Paint • Faux Finish/Color Assessment • Hardiplank Installation • Wood Replacement • Siding Replacement & Repair • Sheetrock Repair & Retexturing
Insured & Bonded
e y r w
25 Years Experience • Work Guaranteed • Free Estimates
The Green Room Book Release Party at The Fish Gallery hosted by author Melissa M. Williams Be the first to get the second book in the Turtle Town Series and celebrate with us at Snap Shell’s Luau Party! Everyone who comes by will have the chance to win all kinds of prizes! Bookmarks, Tattoos, Leis, Grass Skirts, Surf T-Shirts, Refreshments, Real Turtles and BOOKS will all be there!
Schedule of Events Autographing and Q & A with Author Chapter Reading of The Green Room Drawing for Turtle Town Prize Autographing and Pictures with Snap Turtle Town Activity Sheets and Game The Mystery Contest! Second Chapter Reading of the Green Room
Visit Snap Shell's Brand New Website! www.TurtleTownBooks.com Visit Turtle Town Books on Facebook!
Saturday, October 5th Noon to 3 pm The Fish Gallery 2909 Fountain View Dr Houston, TX 77057
Come and get your picture taken with Snap!
Get the right look for Homecoming!
$50 for Updos Group of 3 or more girls on-location $40 each
Angel 832-602-9011 firstname.lastname@example.org
• COPPER GROVE FALL GARAGE SALE - Saturday, October 19th, 7 AM until 1 PM. Gates will be open for the duration of the garage sale, subdivision will post signs. Copper Grove is off of West Road. • CANYON VILLAGE AT CYPRESS SPRINGS COMMUNITY YARD SALE - is located at 529/Fry Rd. and will have their yard sale on Saturday, October 19th, 7 AM -1 PM. Also, visit the yard sale at the clubhouse parking lot on 7300 Cypress Village Dr., all sales will go to benefit the National MS Society! • EASTON COMMONS VILLAGE GARAGE SALE, COPPERFIELD - Easton Commons will be open for its semi-annual garage sale on Saturday, October 26th. This is not a “Community Garage Sale.” Rather it is individual garage sales at the homes of participating residents. The garage sale hours will be 8 AM until 5 PM. Easton Commons is off of Hwy. 6 N. by West Road. • SHEFFIELD GARAGE SALE - The Fall Sheffield Neighborhood Garage Sale is scheduled for Saturday, October 26th. Banners and smaller signs will be posted around the neighborhood beginning the Sunday prior to the sale at the entrances off Queenston and FM 529. The subdivision is located off of FM 529 near Langham Creek High School. • LCHS BAILADORA RUMMAGE SALE - Over 40 families in one place at one time! There will be a lot of bargains at this treasure hunt including clothing, shoes, furniture and household items. These bargains can be found at the Family of Faith Church parking lot (16710 FM 529) on Saturday, October 26th, from 7:00 AM - 3:00 PM. • SOUTHCREEK, COPPERFIELD ANNUAL GARAGE SALE - Saturday, Nov. 2nd from 7 AM to 2 PM. This is the one day of the year that Southcreek residents are allowed to hold a garage sale in Southcreek. Signs will be placed in the entrances of our neighborhood. Southcreek is located off of Queenston Blvd. between Longenbaugh Dr. and FM 529.
Craft Shows/Festivals Roof Leaking?
Specialized in Roof Repairs Our Family Trade Since 1945
• Whole Roofs & Roof Repairs • Seamless Gutters & Downspouts • Wall Flashing • Soffit & Fascia • Skylights & Chimneys • Window Replacement • Other Difficult Repairs
www.callenroofing.com WE FIX IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME!
TueSday Special Buy 1, Get 1 FRee
ThuRSday Special Kids eat FRee
16427 West Little York, Ste. C (Between Hwy 6 & Queenston)
(up to 5 Wings)
With purchase of adult entree
$ 99 5 Wings & Fries 11 aM - 3 pM, Monday - Friday
• ST PAUL’S EPISCOPAL CHURCH FALL FESTIVAL & CRAFT SHOW - Grab a friend and join us for shopping, children’s activities and BBQ. Saturday, October 5th at 5373 Franz Road, from 9 AM to 4 PM. FREE admission! Vendors, please contact Mary at email@example.com. • ST. EDITH STEIN CATHOLIC CHURCH 3rd ANNUAL FOUNDER’S DAY FESTIVAL - On Saturday, October 5th, St. Edith Stein Catholic Church will be hosting the 3rd Annual Founder’s Day Festival that is open to the community. Please come out between 11 AM and 10 PM to experience the following: International Food Booths, Games, Raffle, Bingo, Country Store, Sweet Shoppe, Live Entertainment, as well as a Beer Garden. St. Edith Stein is located at 3311 North Fry Road in Katy. • ANNUAL ST. BARTHOLOMEW HAPPY HEARTS FALL FEST - 5356 Eleventh Street, Katy, TX 77493 on Saturday, October 5th, from 3 PM to 8 PM and Sunday, October 6th, from 8 AM to 4 PM. Unique gifts, scrumptious homemade desserts, a boutique and delicious homemade chicken tortilla soup. High quality hand made gifts, original designs by talented artists, doll clothes suitable for 18” dolls, delicious homemade desserts, Czech noodles, kolaches, pigs in the blanket and mouth-watering, yummy chicken soup for a quick meal and available to take home. • EMMANUEL ON MEMORIAL 16th ANNUAL HOLIDAY BAZAAR - on Saturday, October 19th from 9 AM to 4 PM. Located at 15015 Memorial Drive, at the corner of Memorial and Eldridge Parkway. More than 50 Vendors, plus the Emmanuel Crafters Table. A wide variety of Holiday shopping options, including jewelry, candles, scented soaps, wood turned items, clothing, fashion accessories, purses and handbags, Holiday home décor items, quilts, wrought iron designs, crosses and more. A lunch or a snack from our “Eats at Emmanuel” Kitchen Counter is available. Interested Vendors, please contact Warren Hussey at firstname.lastname@example.org or call
281-550-8986. Inside booths measure 13’ wide x 6’ deep and cost $75. Outside booths measure 10’ x 10’ and cost $60. • BEAR CREEK UNITED METHODIST WOMEN ANNUAL CRAFT BAZAAR - Saturday, October 19th, 9 AM - 4 PM, 16000 Rippling Water Dr., Houston, TX 77084, Indoor/Outdoor Booths - custom and quality handcrafted, seasonal and gift items, home décor, art, clothing, quilts and jewelry! UMW Sweet Shoppe - homemade cakes, cake truffles, pumpkin rolls, sweet breads, pies, homemade spicy pickles and more! Concessions - homemade BBQ sandwiches/ potatoes, homemade chicken salad sandwiches/salads, nachos, pizza, popcorn, cold beverages and more! Silent Auction, Free Door Prize Drawing. Your support will benefit Women & Children’s Missions! Thank you and God bless! For further information, please go to http://bearcreekumc.org/adults/women/fall-craft-bazaar. Vendors: contact Christine at email@example.com. • ST. PETER’S UNITED METHODIST CHURCH WOMEN’S 23rd ANNUAL PICK-A-DILLY CRAFTS FAIR - Saturday, October 19th, 20775 Kingsland Blvd., Katy (across from Taylor High School), 9 AM to 4 PM. (Proceeds benefit mission projects.) Indoor & Outdoor Crafts Booths, Silent Auction, Pumpkin Patch, Bake Sale, Great Food and Free Admission. Contact: Beverly, 281-856-6217. • SEAS CATHOLIC CHURCH, K OF C #8096 LADIES AUXILIARY’S 21st ANNUAL GINGERBREAD VILLAGE ARTS AND CRAFTS SHOW - Saturday, October 26th, from 9 AM to 4 PM. (Free Admission) and over 100 booths featuring Seasonal Décor, Beautiful Art, Handmade Crafts, Name-Brand Merchandise and Gourmet Food. Enjoy lunch at at concession stand - BBQ Sandwiches, Spuds, Chicken Salad, Hot Dogs and Homemade Goodies. If you need any additional information, please email Monica Delgado at firstname.lastname@example.org. Located at 6646 Addicks-Satsuma, Houston 77084, between N. Hwy. 6 and Eldridge and between FM 529 and W. Little York.
• ST. MARK’S EPISCOPAL CHURCH SECOND FALL CRAFT SHOW - Saturday, October 26th, from 10 AM - 4 PM , 7615 FM 762, Richmond 77469. Vendors of all types of goods are welcome to register for this event!! To join, the cost will be $35 and all proceeds will benefit the Camp Allen Scholarship Fund. Fill out a form on the church website, www.stmarksfortbend.org, to reserve your space today. If you need additional info. after reviewing the registration form, please contact us at 281-545-1661. • 35th ANNUAL DEERFIELD VILLAGE CHRISTMAS BAZAAR Friday, November 8th, from 12 noon to 8 PM. Saturday, November 9th from 9 AM to 4 PM. Located at the Rec Center, 4045 Deerfield Village Dr. (Off Clay Road & Barker Cypress) Look for signs!! Free Admission. If you would like, please bring non-perishable food item for local area food bank. • HOLY COVENANT UNITED METHODIST CHURCH HEARTWARMING CHRISTMAS CRAFT SHOW - 22111 Morton Ranch Road, Katy, Texas 77449 will be having their 24th annual heartwarming Christmas bazaar on Saturday, Nov. 9, 2013 from 9 AM to 4 PM. We have 68 vendors, along with our Tea Room filled with homemade wassail and baked goodies, silent auction baskets and our Sandwich Shoppe with homemade chicken salad sandwiches. We have beautiful pottery, wood crafts, soft sculpture, floral, jewelry, bows, Christmas décor, clothing and so much more. Santa will visit during the day too... the Choir will be singing carols. For more info., visit our website at www.holycov.org or call 281-579-1200, ext. 329. • 18th ANNUAL LANGHAM CREEK FFA CRAFT SHOW - November 9th & 10th at the Cy-Fair ISD Exhibit Center at Telge/Hwy 290. Over 100 vendors selling a wide variety of products concessions, silent auction and raffle, chicken bingo and more! Vendor booths are still available! Please email email@example.com or call 281-734-1153 with questions or to obtain a vendor application. All proceeds benefit the LC FFA students!
A Full Service Home Remodeling Company • Fences/Decks • Kitchen/Bathroom • Patio Covers/Arbors
• Concrete Repair/Replace • Roof Repair • Painting Int/Ext
Serving your community for over15 years!
For all of your plumbing needs, call...
Low Price Guarantee
• Water Heaters • Drain Problems • Faucet Installation and Repair • Water Leaks and Much More • Gas Test
• CYPRESS FALLS FFA CRAFT SHOW - November 16-17, 2013 (Move in Friday night or Saturday morning). Register for a booth by contacting Cynthia Taylor, 713-922-5057 or cynthia.taylor@cfisd. net. Location: Cy-Fair ISD Telge Exhibit Center, 11206 Telge Road, Cypress, TX 77429. • FIRST CONGREGATIONAL CHURCH 19th ANNUAL PILGRIM FESTIVAL - Currently taking applications from craft vendors of handmade crafts only. Saturday, November 19th from 10 AM - 4 PM, rain or shine. Booth space varies in price depending on size and inside or outside. Please email Sue Earl at jearl8925@sbcglobal. net for application or further info. The church is located at 10840 Beinhorn Rd., Houston 77024 (Voss/Bingle exit off I-10). • CROSSBRIDGE CHRISTIAN PRESCHOOL & ACADEMY FALL FESTIVAL - We are having a Fall Festival on October 25th, from 11 AM-2 PM. Located at 15415 West Rd., Houston, TX 77095, 281-345-6435. • TRUNK OR TREAT AT CORNERSTONE UMC - on Saturday, October 26th, from 5 PM to 6:30 PM, for our annual Trunk or Treat event. Wear your family-friendly costume and come trick or treat. Additional activities include trackless train rides, games, a fishing booth, face painting, a fall family picture station and CANDY, CANDY, CANDY!!! We will be collecting non-perishable food items to benefit the Mission of Yahweh. If you are able, please bring a canned vegetable or box of mashed potatoes. Cornerstone UMC is located across from the CFISD Berry Center at 18081 West Road, behind CVS. For more information, please call the church office at 281-859-4141. • ST. CUTHBERT EPISCOPAL CHURCH INTERNATIONAL FESTIVAL - on Saturday, November 2nd, from 3:30 to 5:30 PM. The Festival honors all of the different countries and backgrounds represented in our very unique and diverse congregation. The Festival includes food, games, entertainment, native dress and lots of things to learn about our world. Passports and flag stickers will be given to children to mark the countries visited. Countries represented in past years included Jamaica, Grenada, St. Lucia, Brazil, Cuba, Mexico, Trinidad, Tobago, Antigua, Barbados, Spain, Russia, Japan, Cambodia, Sri Lanka, Liberia, Ghana, Kenya, Germany, Italy, Scotland, Switzerland, England, France, Latvia and Thailand as well as the great state of Texas! St. Cuthbert is located at 17020 West Road (the corner of West Road and Queenston), Houston, Texas. For more information, please call 281-463-7330 or visit our website www.stcuthbert.org. • HALTER’S PUMPKIN PATCH - Every Saturday 9 AM-5 PM and Sunday 12-5 PM in the month of October, Halter’s will be having their Pumpkin Patch. The address is 17410 Clay Rd., Houston, TX 77084, 281-508-6501. All other information can be found at www. halterinc.org. Halter, Inc. is a non-profit organization using animals, especially miniature horses, to provide support and enhance the lives of others.
Licensed and Insured
Any job over $95
Follow me on Angie’s List
Klassic Garage Doors
Thank you to our friends and families that brought in the New Year and joined us under the stars in the Sukkah. Please come join us for our upcoming events this month. Below is our schedule of events. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Ben Federman at 832795-2002 for more information. Fairfield’s Bradford Creek Clubhouse (Location) 16011 Fairfield Green Circle Cypress, TX 77433. Contact Person: Ben Federman Contact Number: 832-795-2002
Professional Garage Door Repair We replace or repair garage doors or garage door openers.
• Maintenence • Replace Panels
• Broken Springs • Door Off Track
qery Call anytime 24 hour emergency service available
281-408-0028 281-763-4310 Cell 12
DATES Coffee Night and Parsha Study (Every other Wednesday) October 2nd, 16th and 30th Shabbat Services & Dinner - October 11th Hebrew School - October 3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th and 31st
CORNERSTONE UMC BLESSING OF THE PETS OCTOBER 6TH AT 4 PM
Chances are you’ve heard the term “pet blessing,” but aren’t sure what it entails (no pun intended) or what the purpose is. Well, the simplest way to describe a pet blessing is: A spiritual celebration to honor our loyal companions who love us unconditionally. This special ceremony is traditionally held in the fall around St. Francis of Assisi Day, October 4th. This ceremony is conducted in remembrance of St. Francis of Assisi’s love for all creatures. St. Francis wrote a Canticle of the Creatures, an ode to God’s living things: “All praise to you, Oh Lord, for all these brother and sister creatures.” Cornerstone
UMC will be holding its “Blessing of the Pets” on Sunday, October 6th, at 4 PM. People are invited to bring their pets (fish, snakes, cats, dogs, hamsters, etc.) to receive a special blessing. We will gather in front of the worship center building and following a brief liturgy, Dr. Dave Meadows will bless each animal and their owner. If for some reason you are unable to bring your pet (the pet isn’t people or animal friendly, is easily frightened or not well), then simply bring a photo. Dogs should be on leashes. Cats and other pets should be in appropriate carriers. Please make sure your dog or cat has on a collar with a current ID. Please join us for this special celebration… the “Blessing of the Pets.” For more info., please call the church office at 281-859-4141. Cornerstone United Methodist Church is located at 18081 West Road (across from the CFISD Berry Center).
ST. CUTHBERT BLESSING OF THE ANIMALS
St. Cuthbert is inviting all people and their pets to the Blessing of the Animals in celebration of the Feast of St. Francis of Assisi on Saturday, October 12th, at 10:00 AM. This is a joyful and fun event,
recognizing and honoring the great bond and relationship between pets and their owners. Animals must be suitably restrained on a leash or in a cage. St. Cuthbert is located at 17020 West Road, Houston (the northeast corner of West and Queenston). Visit us at www.stcuthbert.org.
CROSSBRIDGE CHRISTIAN CHURCH FREE WEDDINGS
Crossbridge Christian Church offers Free Weddings on December 7th and December 14th. We have multiple times available on both days. The Bride and Groom must come together to schedule the date. Please see the website for more information, www. crossbridgehouston.org. THE STORY Dr. Kevin Pigg believes that The Story, a Zondervan best-seller, is the right tool to increase Biblical literacy, helping readers understand God’s story from Genesis to Revelation and how their own stories intersect with God’s. Consisting of 31 chapters of carefully-selected scriptures sequenced in chronological order, The Story presents the word of God in an engaging format, reading like a novel. The Story Church Campaign is a unique program providing up to 31 weeks of curriculum for children, teen and adult Sunday school and up to 31 weeks of corresponding sermons. When accompanied by reading through the five age-related books (The Story, The Story: Teen Edition, The Story for Kids, The Story for Children and The Story for Little Ones), the entire church can be literally on the same page for 31 weeks. Crossbridge Christian Church began the experience on September 22nd.
Start here. Transfer anywhere.
FOR SALE PaceMaster Pro Plus treadmill, features include speed up to 11.0 mph, incline (adjustable from 0% to 15%), 4 preset workouts, 4 custom workouts, calorie tracking, aerobic point indicator and a floor mat, $300. Call 832-220-6069.
That’s why 90,000 students choose us.
Roland drum set - dual trigger pad, dual trigger cymbal pad, kick trigger, HH control pedal, $400. Call 281-859-6062. Lovely solid maple wood hutch top with glass doors, $75 OBO. Beautiful 1 yr old outdoor sofa and ottoman with Sunbrella cushions, new at Chair King $2,000, sell for $1,400. 281 787-1205. Tae Kwon Do youth sparing gear and bag, great condition, used less than a year. 2 child sets from area school, $75/each. Can send pics. Call 281-861-5869.
LSC-CyFair offers affordable and flexible options:
Associate degrees, workforce certificates and more!
Victorian dresses size 8,10,12. 27 inch, white Frigidaire gas wall oven with broiler, like new. Call 713-582-1556.
Three convenient locations! LSC-CyFair
9191 Barker Cypress at West Road
Pro-Form 14.0 CE Elliptical machine. Less then a year old, perfect condition, need the room. New $799.99, asking $550. Call after 6 PM, 281-213-3999.
14955 Northwest Freeway near Beltway 8
NOW OPEN! LSC-Cypress Center 19710 Clay Road at Fry Road
JP Roofing & Gutters www.jproofing.biz
5 inch - 6 inch Seamless Gutters Flat Roofs • Metal Roofs + Leak Repairs HardiPlank Siding Int./Ext. Painting & Repairs
Ridge Vent w/ New Roof Approval
Your Satisfaction is Our Future
s nces Pri rties Pa
S Parpa ties
Refrigerator, white, Frigidaire, top freezer, 21 ft., ice maker, copper water line, excellent condition, $250, Bear Creek. 713-835-6531. Baby equipment. Fisher Price cradle swing, $65; Fisher Price portable swing, $45; Kolcraft Bassinet, $50. Like new. Will sell all 3 for $150 total. Cash only, pictures available. Call 281-463-4603. Dining room table, solid dark brown wood, 79” x 40”, modern casual style, 6 armless chairs, padded dark brown seats and backs, used once, excellent condition, $850. Will send photos, 281-814-0194. Miele vacuum cleaner, Capricorn, model S5981, canister, top of line, 10 months old, like new, whisper quiet. Includes SEB236 premium Electro power head, 7-year warranty. See full description at Amazon. com. Amazon list price is $1,199, sell for $750; Keurig Elite 40, coffee/ tea brewer, 3 cup sizes, used once, includes accessories for using regular ground coffee in addition to K-cups, $75; Croscill Queen comforter, with matching sheets, shams, w/feather pillows, skirt, 4 pleated drape panels with ties, 70” round table cloth, 4 toss pillows. All used in guest room, $35. 281-463-4898 or dchouston@hotmail. com. Rockets tickets, 2 seats, section 103, row 23, seats 16 &17, $110/pair, face value season ticket holder. Great seats. 713-851-5431 call/text. GE top load washer and electric dryer, excellent condition, only used for one month, sold as a set, $700; Brown chenille couch with throw pillows, $225. Very good condition. 281-216-2708. 2 - 27” Cloud fluorescent light fixtures, $25 each. 281-463-8655.
Display cabinet, solid wood, dark stain, upper glass doors, 85” x 32” x 18”, $130. 281-463-8655.
info@SweetiePieParties.com Enjoy 15% OFF Your Next Princess or Spa Party
Full size GE washer and dryer, $175 each; Whirlpool stackable washer and dryer, $400; 2 GE refrigerators, 18 cubic, with ice makers, $175 each; Whirlpool stackable washer and dryer, $300; over the range GE microwave, $75. 281-550-0110.
Cedar chest, light stain, good condition, $45. 281-463-8655.
“I’m In PAIN” Can Chiropractic Help ME ? We are often asked, “What’s the best way of finding out whether or not a doctor of chiropractic can help my problem?” We believe the answer can be found in a complete chiropractic consultation and examination, including x-rays. And to help find out for sure, we will do a complete consultation and examination, including x-rays, if necessary, (procedures that normally cost $187.00 or more) for $25.00. We will make this special program available through October. The only exception to the offer involves personal injury cases (workers’ compensation and auto accidents) in which there is no charge directly to the patient.
DR. LARA-ANN CLINTON DR. JOE CLINTON
281-855-2277 Bear Creek Professional Center HWY. 6
CAIRNWAY CLAY ROAD
4654 Hwy. 6 North, Suite 305
THESE CONDITIONS ARE SOME OF THE DANGER SIGNALS: Headache Arthritic pain by stiff neck Loss of sleep Scoliosis (Curvature of the spine) Leg pain & numbness Arm pain & numbness Backache Fatigue Tension Whiplash Injury
Reg. $187.00 Program
Must present ad at time of appointment. Expires 10/31/2013
YOUR INITIAL VISIT WILL INCLUDE:
✓ A private consultation with the doctor. ✓ X-rays, if necessary. ✓ A thorough spinal examination including orthopedic & neurological test.
✓ A confidential report of our findings. ✓An explanation of our treatment procedure if we determine chiropractic can help you.
✓A REFERRAL TO THE PROPER SPECIALIST IF WE DETERMINE CHIROPRACTIC CAN’T HELP YOU.
CHIROPRACTIC HEALTH and WELLNESS CENTER Large oak storage cabinet, solid wood, medium stain, excellent condition, $300. 281-463-8655. Child’s high chair, solid wood, $25. 281-463-8655. Color TV, 20”, excellent condition, $45. 281-463-8655. Sold wood shutters, dark stain, various sizes, narrow slats. 281-4638655.
Pottery of Longton, Staffordshire, England: ‘Timmy Tiptoes,” $100; “Squirrel Nutkin,” (signed), $150; “Goody Tiptoes,” $125. Beatrix Potter music boxes by Schmid & Co, Toronto, Canada: Chippy Hackee music box playing “Feed the Birds,” $140; signed Squirrel Nutkin music box playing “Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head,” $90. 14 Collectible ceramic cat coffee cups, $30. 4 Vintage Cat Liquor Bottles, $25/ea. 7 Vintage Sylvester Beverage Glasses, $40. 5 Cat Liquor Bottles,$8/ea. Pics Available. 832-723-3384. Elliptical machine with seat and digital monitor, $140. 281-550-4296.
Stovetop vent hood, beige, $15. 281-463-8655. Mini blinds, metal, various sizes and prices, off-white, fits Bear Creek Old English floor plan. 281-463-8655. Oak bookcase, medium stain, four open shelves, two closed shelves, 80” x 30” x 16”, $50. 281-463-8655. Brand new 27” Hartmann Intensity expandable mobile traveler wheeled luggage. Black ballistic nylon. Sells elsewhere at $449, our price $309. 714-594-4684. Beautiful glass dining room table, $500; glass coffee table, $75; glass console table, $50. 713-805-5082. HealthRider Elliptical with iFit advanced console features. New, $1,200, asking, $295. Call 409-363-2083. Dyson Ball DC50 animal vacuum cleaner, new in box, $400; LG Model WM3470HVA graphite steel washer, like new, used three months, $800. 832-723-3384. Beautiful & rare vintage Beatrix Potter porcelain figurines by Beswick
Invacare wheelchair, heavy duty wheelchair, only used 4 months and in good condition. Has detachable footrests and wheel brakes. Purchased new for $400 in Oct 2010, $200. 281-770-6678, leave message. Jazzy Select GT electric scooter/chair, complete with new charger, joystick hand controls. Heavy duty with weight capacity up to 300lbs. Purchased new in 2010 for $6,000, sell, $3,000. Can email specification sheet and photo upon request. 281-770-6678, leave message. Collection of retired, original Snow Village houses/accessories, $2$100. 281-647-9929. Riverside desk with glass topper, in excellent condition, 57 3/4” x 24” x 30”, bottom drawer to be used as a locking filing cabinet, $500; Ashley Furniture TV stand, 52” x 20” x 42”, $275. Request pictures at email@example.com. Antiques for sale: Eastlake style mahogany early 20th century shelf, $275. Art Nouveau, circa 1920’s, complete bedroom suite; includes double bed with head and foot boards, mattress, box springs and frame, drawer dresser with bench and mirror, 5-drawer chest of
& REPAIRING ALL JAPANESE & AMERICAN VEHICLES!
Quality and service are not expensive... they are priceless.
Thursday is Ladies Day!
10% OFF ALL REPAIRS
Serving Highway 6 area for over 15 years!
HAPPY H KARZ
Cannot be combined with other discounts
5930 Hwy 6 North, Bldg K
HAPPY HON DA
OIL & FILTER CHANGE
We Buy & Sell Cars!!
Includes: Replace engine oil with Castrol GTX oil and oil filter. Check fluid levels-battery, radiator, transmission, power steering, brakes, clutch and windshield washer-inspect wiper blades, check CV joint boots for damage. Inspect tires for wear and damage, check pressure (including spare) and inflate to proper PSI. Expires 10/31/13
OUR LOW PRICE
Includes: Replace front brake pads: inspect front discs and calipers, rear discs and calipers ( or rear drums and wheel cylinders), inspect brake lines, hoses and master cylinder. Adjust parking brake. Prices vary by auto age and style. Call for estimate.
TIMING BELT SPECIALS
CLUTCH REPLACEMENT SPECIAL
AXLE REPLACEMENT SPECIAL
Regular Price with this coupon Expires 10/31/13
Regular Price with this coupon Expires 10/31/13
Regular Price with this coupon Expires 10/31/13
drawers and night stand, $3,500 (paid $6,000 at Auction Barn). All in excellent condition. Email me for pictures at fae@krenekprinting. com or call me at 281-858-4422 or 832-651-5863. Sofa good to very good condition, $250 OBO. jordon98@hotmail. com.
SPECIAL SMALL SERVICE
7,500/ $ 22,500/ with this coupon 37,500/... Expires 10/31/13
%off 10 brake work
with this coupon
ALL SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE PROGRAM
Regular Price with this coupon Expires 10/31/13
supervise children in local Katy ISD elementary child care sites either before school, after school or both. High School Diploma or GED required. Must love working with children and embody the 5 core values of the YMCA – Faith, Honesty, Caring, Responsibility and Respect. Part-Time. Shifts available Monday—Friday: 6:30-8:30 AM and/or 2:30-6:30 PM. Submit applications to Sherry Hubbard; firstname.lastname@example.org or call 281-392-5055 ext. 235.
Huge multi-family garage sale! October 18th & 19th. Furniture, antiques, tools, kitchen, bed, bath and more. 7415 Sheffield Bend Ct. 281-684-0970.
Lifetime Learners Child Development Center and Pre-School is now hiring for our Katy location; teachers and child care providers.Contact Mrs. Dana, 281-394-5437.
Plumbers or Apprentices for repair. Bilingual preferred. Please call 281-256-2239.
2012 VW Jetta Sedan, 4dr, auto SE, super clean, drives excellent, great gas mileage, power windows & doors, CD, and more! Mileage 35,235, $15,499. 832-594-5856. 1998 Lexus ES300, all options, senior driver, garage kept, 94,000 miles, $4,900 OBO. 832-967-7886.
Sales persons wanted to sell Replacement Windows and Window coverings. Ownership opportunity available. Call Replacement Windows of Katy at 281-392-5353.
2000 Harley Davidson Sportster Hugger 883, low miles, $6,000; 2000 Harley Davidson Road King, award winning daily use, $18,000. Call 281-859-2362 and leave a message.
Martial Arts USA is hiring qualified Tae Kwon Do Black Belts with WTF certification, over 18 years of age, background checks and interviews will be conducted. Contact Master Shin or Master An at 281-463-9333 or email YoungAn@cyfairtkd.com. Location, 17121 West Rd. Suite 200 Houston TX 77095.
Motor Guide ET54 Trolling Motor and Minnkota 24LB Trolling Motors, never been used. Sell both for $350. Ken at 832-655-4746.
About Hair Salon and Day Spa is seeking experienced stylists. Apply in person 15422 FM 529, Houston, TX 77095.
Now Hiring! Do you love children? Small private preschool is now accepting applications. Must be dependable and energetic. Will train. Must have copy of High School Diploma or GED and copy of Social Security Card. Apply in person to 16618 Clay Road, Suite 400. 281656-2273.
Wanted: Rolex watches for collector. 281-414-3597.
HELP WANTED Hairstylists, ready for a change? Now is a great time! We are looking for professional hairstylists with established clientele to fill our two remaining lease booth rental spaces. Avalon Hair Salons is an upscale salon located in the Copperfield Area. Hurry, the competitive booth rental rate means that the two remaining booth spaces won’t last long! Call us today at: 281-861-9164 Craig or 713-898-4484 Leticia. Before/After School Counselors: Responsible adults needed to
The Pediatric Dentist of Katy is looking for a highly motivated Registered Dental Assistant. Our Pediatric Dental practice is located at 24022 Cinco Village Center Blvd., Suite 210 in Katy. Our office hours are Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 8 AM to 5 PM, with lunch from 12-1 PM. On Fridays we are open from 7:30 AM to 3 PM. Please bring by your resume in person.
Housekeepers needed. Great hours for mom’s with school age children. 281-861-0394. Position available for an experienced hair stylist with a great attitude and good clientele. Benefits available. Call Images Hair Studio at 281256-2286. Dental Assistant needed, at least 2 years of experience, must be state licensed. 281-550-0900. Dental assistant position available. F/T, nonsmoker, experienced preferred, knowledge of Dentrix software and bilingual a plus. Must be state licensed; Front desk receptionist, bilingual preferred. Fax resume to: 281-861-7174. Or call 281-861-7500. Applications being accepted at Salon Picasso Studios. Lease/ commission. 281-861-9911. Residential Electrician(s): Journeyman or helper/apprentice. Have experience, references & contact info. ready, beginners last employment info. Send resume to email@example.com.
PETS FOR SALE
Shih Tzu puppies for sale , APRI registered, shots, playful, cute, waiting for a nice and lovely home. 713-927-6239.
LOST AND FOUND
FOUND: 8GB SanDisk, looks like a disk that you would use in a camera and has files with pictures of a proposal, engagement photos and wedding photos.The wedding photos look like the wedding was up north. Call 713-545-8245.
HOMES/CONDOS FOR SALE For sale by owner: 5 bedroom, 3 1/2 bath, theater and playroom, dining, study, spacious kitchen, 2 car garage, backyard patio, crown molding, 4,300 sq. ft. with a lot of upgrades. Former model home, must see! Lakemont Shore subdivision, Richmond, TX 77407, $330,000. Call for more information/pictures, 281-766-4101 or 281-215-3433.
TIMESHARES/VACATION HOMES Vacation home for rent in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico. 3 bedroom, 3 1/2 bath, beach, pool, tennis, golf, Mayan ruins. For more info Google VRBO 136406 or call, 281-463-4717. Timeshare: rent a lovely condo for a full week in Hawaii. Sleeps 4, fully stocked kitchen. What else needs to be said... It’s Hawaii! $795. For information contact Cheryl at 281-855-7427. Las Vegas Timeshare - On the Strip near the airport, sleeps 4, full kitchen, dining & living; jacuzzi in room, 2 TV’s/2 Phones, 2 pools outside building, fitness room, washer/dryer/safe in room, 4 days $465 - 7 days $595. No added fees. Cheryl 281-543-2409. Vacation home for rent: Hill country vacation home, Cedar Creek Cabin, new 2/2 with loft, fully furnished, huge front porch, satellite TV, beautiful views, abundant wildlife, Frio River at Concan near Garner State Park, sleeps 8. Call 866-7CON-CAN or go to www.frioman.com for more information.
NOVENA TO ST. JUDE
May the Sacred Heart of Jesus be adored, glorified, loved and preserved throughout the world, now and forever. Sacred Heart of Jesus have mercy on us. St. Jude, worker of miracles, pray for us. St. Jude helper of the hopeless, pray for us. Say Novena 9 times a day for 9 days. It has never been known to fail. Publication must be promised. Thank you St. Jude – RMD YP, DP LC EG HM
Saturday, October 12, 2013 Open to students in K-12th grade Cypress Springs High School Main Gym Leotard & tights or t-shirt & shorts, Jazz shoes or tennis shoes. Wear hair in a ponytail or bun. BRING: A Sack Lunch or $5 for Box lunch and/ or concessions REGISTER: Contact Jody Schoth 713-299-9548 $ COST: 20 To register and for more info contact Jody Schoth Pantera Parent Club WHO: WHERE: WEAR:
Don’t Miss the Show-Off Performance: 2:00 p.m.
Home Painting & Repair by Fernando Diaz
✔ Interior / Exterior Painting and Repair ✔ Wood and Drywall Repair ✔ HardiPlank Installments and Repair ✔ Mildewcide Power Washing (Siding, Brick, Driveway, Decks, Fences, etc.)
✔ All Work is Guaranteed ✔ Payment Upon Completion
Call Fernando for a Free Estimate at: cell
2010 - present Texas Monthly Magazine 2011 - present National Trial Lawyers Assoc.
2006 - present
We stpark Tollw
Conveniently Located in Katy on the Grand Parkway
Construction Accidents â€˘ Burn and Electrocution Injuries 23501 Cinco Ranch Blvd, Ste. H205
Due to the amount of space involved and the response of those wishing to publish a Novena to St. Jude, a Novena to St. Jude will be published along with a list of initials of those wishing to publish one. We are sorry, but we cannot make exceptions. $5 Charge for each Novena per area. Please specify which area you would your Novena to appear in. - Krenek Printing. DISCLAIMER: Articles and ads in this newsletter express the opinions of their authors and do not necessarily reflect to opinions of Krenek Printing Co. or its employees. Krenek Printing is not responsible for the accuracy of any facts stated in articles submitted by others. The publisher also assumes no responsibility for the advertising content with in this publication. All warranties and representations make in the advertising content are solely that of the advertiser and any such claims regarding its content should be taken up with the advertiser. The publisher assumes no liability with regard to its advertisers for misprints or failure to place advertising in this publication except for the actual cost of such advertising. Although every effort is taken to avoid mistakes and/or misprints in this publication the publisher assumes no responsibility for any errors of information or typographical mistakes, except as limited to the cost of advertising as stated above or in the case of misinformation, a printed retraction/correction. Under no circumstances shall the publisher be held liable for incidental or consequential damages, inconvenience, loss of business or services, or any other liabilities from failure to publish, or from failure to publish in a timely manner, except as limited to liabilities stated above.
18 Years Trial Experience
How to Contact Krenek Printing Free to non-profit organizations.
NEWS ARTICLES DEADLINE: 10th of preceding month.
Classified Ads DEADLINE: 10th of preceding month.
Get the word rd out! Visit the web site to post your ad.
mail, fax or email: CLASSIFIED@KRENEKPRINTING.COM Affordable advertising across Katy & Hwy 6.
DEADLINE:12th of preceding month.
Published by: KRENEK PRINTING CO. 7102 Glen Chase Ct., Houston, TX. 77095 281-463-8649 news @krenekprinting.com
Will Adams Adams Law Firm
(281) 463-8649 fax (281) 463-2425
Get prices online or call us 8:30a - 5p. 7102 Glen Chase Ct. Houston, TX 77095
www.krenekprinting.com Lamp Post
Important Numbers Bear Creek Meadows Info. Preferred Management Service P.O. Box 690269 • Houston, TX 77269-0269 Ph. 281-897-8808 • Fax 281-897-88389 Villages of Bear Creek www.mymcinc.com/villagesofbearcreek Police/Fire Emergency 911 Sheriff’s Office 713-221-6000 Schools 281-897-4000 Cy-Fair ISD Administration 281-463-5978 Cy-Fair ISD Transportation N/A at print time Emery Elementary 281-856-9870 Hemmenway Elementary 281-463-5966 Jowell Elementary 281-463-5380 McFee Elementary 281-463-5353 Hopper Middle School 281-345-3260 Kahla Middle School 281-856-1500 Thorton Middle School 281-856-3800 Cy-Lakes High School 281-345-3000 Cy-Springs High School Utilities CenterPoint Energy Power Outages Street Lights - Not working
713-659-2111 1-800-332-7143 713-207-2222
4 Need Extra Income? 4 Wanting to make a change? 4 Have you ever wanted to run your own business? Start your own Commercial Cleaning Business. Down Payment...$795 Total Cost...$2,295
Freedom that comes from running your own business is...Priceless! $
1000 per month in
business guaranteed...then grow from there!
An Inc. 500 Company
Get the right look for Homecoming! MPL#37282
You’ll Be Glad We MET!
• Water Leaks • Water Heater Repair
$50 for Updos Group of 3 or more girls on-location $40 each
and Installation Experts • Gas Tests and Systems
firstname.lastname@example.org Lamp Post
Heater Experts • Clean, Professional Technicians
Licensed & Insured $
• Tankless Water
15 OFF ANY REPAIR
WITH THIS AD NOT VALID WITH ANY OTHER OFFER
www.metplumbing.com October 2013
Gifts & Varieties Gifts for all Occasions
Aron’s Fences and Remodeling
• Custom Wood Fences at Affordable Prices
• Home Decor • Bath Accessories • Women • Candles • Children • And Much More! • Handbags & Accessories
• Custom Gates
(walk through or driveway)
832-312-1930 •Free Accurate Quotes
Visit our store at
• Insured and Bonded
Your Local Maid Service for 20 Years • SAME DAY • SAME CREW • AFFORDABLE • BONDED • INSURED • REFERENCES • SUPPLIES FURNISHED $
Tammy Smith, Owner-Operated
New customer only on regular schedule. Not valid with any other offer. Not valid for one time or empty cleans.
e y r w
30+ Years Experience/Family Owned
INTERIOR & EXTERIOR
• Carpentry • Sheetrock - Texture • Pressure Washing • Siding - HardiPlank® • Refinish - Staining • References • Insured & Bonded
AIR CONDITIONING & HEATING, INC.
License # TACLA1038C
Financing Available WAC Greater Houston
19 pt. Heat Check-up or Service
Includes all discounts & Promotions Must Present Coupon at time of Service
Published by: Krenek Printing 7102 Glen Chase Ct • Houston, TX 77095 • 281-463-8649 20email: email@example.com October 2013 Lamp Post for articles • firstname.lastname@example.org for business ads • classiﬁed@krenekprinting.com for classiﬁed ads