PRSRT STD U.S. POSTAGE
PAID KATY, TX. PERMIT #137
NEWS! H.P.C.A. OFFICE 4503 A Hickory downs Houston, TX 77084 281-463-1216
RESIDENT OFFICE HOURS
The office is open to residents Mon.-Fri. 9AM to 4 PM
HPCA Meeting Opportunities
Residents have an opportunity to gather monthly with the Board at our Community Center. This gives HPCA members a chance to visit, meet neighbors and voice concerns.
PCT. 5 CONSTABLES 281-463-6666
The Board meets each month (12 times per year) to conduct normal business. You can always request to be on the agenda or have a special meeting. Please refer to the above noted schedule for residents meeting dates and times. Call HPCA office for details or questions.
GET CONNECTED! Sign up NOW for our website and be “in the know” with late-breaking news: www.bearcreeknetwork.org. (All registrants must be residents or property owners in Bear Creek Village. Accounts will be verified.)
HUNTERS PARK 2012 MEETING SCHEDULE January 24, 2013 Annual Meeting - 7:30 PM February 14, 2013 March 14, 2013 April 11, 2013 May 9, 2013 June 13, 2013 July 11, 2013 August 8, 2013 September 12, 2013 October 10, 2013 November 14, 2013 December 12, 2013
YARD OF THE MONTH Congratulations to the Yard of the Month for January - the Frank Family at 15703 Four Leaf.
KEEP BEAR CREEK BEAUTIFUL! Homeowners and residents, please store your polycarts, recycle bins and all other items out of public view. Trash should be put out the night before or day of pickup and polycarts should be promptly removed same day as pickup. Let’s keep our neighborhood beautiful!
HPCA INFORMATION Please be advised that any architectural control requests, i.e., paint colors, roofs, structures, etc., must go through the HPCA Office. Decisions are usually made within 10 business days. Office service hours for residents are M-F, 8 AM to 4 PM and we can usually answer your questions or concerns immediately. If you call during non-office hours, leave a message and your call will be returned during business hours. If you wish to have a Board Member call you, please contact the HPCA office with details.
January 2013 Published by: Krenek Printing 7102 Glen Chase Ct • Houston, TX 77095 • 281-463-8649 January 2013 Bear Creek email: firstname.lastname@example.org for articles • email@example.com for business ads • classiﬁed@krenekprinting.com for classiﬁed ads
ELECTRICIAN 5 Year Warranty* 100% Customer Satisfaction Guaranteed!
$30 Off Any Service Call! WIRED 713-467-1125 281-897-0001 P P P P P P
Mount Flat Screens Generators Lighting Add Circuits Panel Replacement Cable/Phone
Not to be combined with any other discount or offer.
Electrical Services Residential & Commercial
Now Installing Solar Panels
24/7 Service • Same Rates 7 Days a Week Family Owned & Operated Award Winner
**** TO REPORT LOST AND FOUND**** Call HPCA Office at 281-463-1216 to REPORT lost or found pets or articles.
SIGN POSTINGS DO NOT POST SIGNS OF ANY KIND ON COUNTY SIGNS OR EASEMENTS. IT IS AGAINST THE LAW AND YOU CAN BE FINED!
NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH For extra security, our subdivision has a contract with the Harris County Precinct 5 Constable’s Department. Notify the Constables immediately at 281-463-6666 if you see any suspicious persons, vehicles or activities. Please, if possible, obtain license plate numbers, color, make and model of vehicle. Description of person(s). Was suspicious person walking, riding a bike? - location - as much information as possible will be helpful! Vacation Watch - This informs our Deputies that you are on vacation. Please call the Constable’s Dept. at 281-463-6666 in the event you will be out of town to set up your vacation watch.
Community Assistance, Precinct 4 COMMISSIONER JACK CAGLE For street repairs, manhole covers, tree limbs hanging over street, etc., contact Community Assistance at 281-353-8424.
CRIME WATCH REPORT November 2012
Master #100394 • TECL #22809
LAS VEGAS NIGHT In the Community Life Center at St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Catholic Church 6646 Addicks-Satsuma Rd, Houston, TX 77084
Sponsored by the Knights of Columbus Council 8096
January 26, 2013 7:00 PM Ticket Donation $15/person MAY BE PURCHASED IN ADVANCE OR AT THE DOOR (All proceeds to benefit local Knights of Columbus charities)
• Black Jack • Craps • Roulette • Slot Machines
SNACKS AND DRINKS ARE INCLUDED (Donations Appreciated)
• Poker • And More!
BIG PRIZE AUCTION AT 10:30PM
BID & WIN A TRIP TO LAS VEGAS! For Tickets or Information Contact: Franklin 281-463-6122, firstname.lastname@example.org or Scott 713-898-3560
Come Join Us for Fun and Great Prizes!!! 2
REPORTED INCIDENTS: 4 911 Hang Up 1 Accident/Unknown Maj/Min/ Minor 9 Alarm 21 Animal Humane1 1 Arson/Fire 1 Assault/Sex Child 5 Check Park 10 Check Schools 1 Child Custody Disp 10 Dist/Family 4 Dist/Juvenile 7 Dist/Loud Noise 9 Dist/Other 2 Domestic/Prevent 2 Drug/OD/Poss 1 Fraudulent Use ID 1 Indecent Exposure 27 Meet the Citizen 7 Meet the Officer 1 Mental Case 8 Suspicious Person 1 Telephone/Harras 3 Theft/Other 1 Traffic Hazard 12 Traffic Stops 2 Unknown Medical Emerg 2 Vehicle Repossession 10 Suspicious Vehicles 1 Vehicle Recovery 1 Stolen Vehicle 5 Welfare Checks
2013 HPCA BOARD ELECTIONS Elections will be held Saturday, February 2nd, at the HPCA Office. Walkin voting allowed January 28th through February 2nd at the HPCA Office from 10:00 AM to 7:00 PM. Polls close February 2nd.
ANNOUNCEMENT OF DECLARED CANDIDATES RUNNING FOR POSITION ON HPCA BOARD Judy Van Dyke - seeking re-election - resident for 22 years Terry Martin - seeking re-election - resident for 21 years Kathy Stenson - seeking election - resident for 14 years Nancy Carpenter - seeking election - resident for 2 years
HOW TO MAKE A DEED RESTRICTION VIOLATION COMPLAINT
Bear Creek Animal Clinic Pet Wellness Fair Saturday, January 19th, (8am-11:30am) www.bearcreekanimalclinic.com Ask about Senior and Dental Days
New Lower Prices On Our Wellness Packages !!!
Any resident may file a complaint in either of two ways: 1. Simply make a phone call to the Hunter’s Park Community Association Office at 281-463-1216. 2. Fill out the complaint form below and drop it in the mail.
Call for Information 4924 Hwy. 6 N. (South of Kieth Harrow)
All complaints will be held strictly confidential. REMEMBER: If we don’t know about a violation, we can’t correct it.
Serving your community for15 + years
Violation (use your own words) _______________________________ ____________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________ Address of Violation _________________________________________ Frequency/Time of Violation __________________________________ Date of Complaint ___________________________________________ Subdivision Area: A B C D E
• FENCES • PATIO COVERS • CONCRETE REPAIRS/ SIDEWALKS Fully insured Free Estimates 12 Month Warranty
• HOME INSPECTION REPAIRS • PAINTING INT/EXT • BATHROOM REMODELS • ROOF REPAIR/REPLACE
Become a Dental Assistant in just 10 weeks! 10 Week Course Saturday Classes Only Winter Classes Begin 1/12/13 Tuition $2850 • Payment Plans Training Since 1995
Your Name: _____________________________________________ (Optional) Your Address: _________________________________________________ Your Phone: ___________________________________________________ (YOUR IDENTITY WILL BE KEPT CONFIDENTIAL) Thank you for helping us help you!!! Mail To: HUNTERS PARK COMMUNITY ASSOCIATION (DEED RESTRICTIONS COMMITTEE) 4503-A HICKORY DOWNS HOUSTON, TEXAS 77084 BEAR CREEK IS TOUGH ON DEED RESTRICTIONS
aty K n wi No Houston Dental Assistant School Located in Katy and Spring/The Woodlands
For info packet call 281-363-0600 or email us at email@example.com Approved by the TWC Career Schools and Colleges
Start Here. Transfer Anywhere. That’s why 90,000 students choose us.
Harris County Animal Control advises, “All dogs and cats must be kept under restraint while in the unincorporated areas of Harris County, Texas. The custodian of a dog or cat is not authorized to have, harbor or keep any unlicensed dog or cat nor to allow any dog or cat to become a stray.”
It’s not too late to register!
Restraint is defined as “the control of a dog or cat under the following circumstances: 1. When it is controlled by a line or leash not more than six (6) feet in length, if the line or leash is held by a human being, who is capable of controlling or governing the dog or cat in question 2. When it is within a fully enclosed vehicle 3. When it is on the premise of the custodian and the animal does not have access to sidewalk or street.”
Weekday classes begin Jan. 14! Weekend College begins Jan. 18!
While it may be nice to have your animal out in the yard while you work or play, it is against the law, unless the animal is properly restrained. Let’s all help keep our community a safe and comfortable place for all our residents by being responsible pet owners. This will not only protect anyone who may be walking or bicycling in the area, but also the pet owner who could be held legally responsible or possibly sued for failing to properly restrain their pet.
LSC-CyFair 9191 Barker Cypress Cypress, TX 77433 LSC-Fairbanks Center 14955 Northwest Freeway Houston, TX 77040
Smart TREE SERVICE Tree Trimmings - Removals Stump Grinding - Root Barriers Spraying - Organic Fertilization for Lawns & Trees
FREE ed Bond red Arborist with 36+ Years Experience EST IM u ATES s & In “The Smart Choice”
“B” Smart! Call Brad Smart for all your tree needs. smarttreeservice.com Brad@smarttreeservice.com
FREDDY’S PAINTING www.freddyspainting.net
• Exterior & Interior Paint
• Wood Replacement • Siding Replacement & Repair Insured & Bonded
e y r w
25 Years Experience • Work Guaranteed • Free Estimates
LOOSE OR LOST PETS & DOG BITES Contact Harris County Animal Control at 281-999-3191 or 3194.
ECI PROJECT TYKE
• Sheetrock Repair & Retexturing
BARKING DOGS If you have a problem with a neighbor’s dog constantly barking, you should first contact the pet owner and make them aware of the problem. In the event that doesn’t work, you should then contact the Constables at 281-463-6666 to file a complaint.
Contact Centerpoint Energy at 713-207-2222. You will need to give the address where the pole is located and provide the stenciled number on the front of the pole. You may also report the outage on the website at: www.centerpointenergy.com/outage.
• Hardiplank Installation
Please remember that cats fall under the same laws as dogs and must be licensed and kept restrained when not on the premises of the owner. We’ve been told that spreading moth balls in flower beds might keep cats away. To make a complaint or report an animal that is not properly restrained please contact: Harris County Precinct #5, Contract #87: 281-463-6666 Harris County Animal Control: 281-999-3191 Harris County Health Department, Rabies/Animal Control Section 2223 West Loop South, Houston, Texas 77027-3588 www.countypets.com
STREET LIGHTS OUT?
• Faux Finish/Color Assessment
LEASH LAW Animals that are not properly restrained pose a threat to all our residents. While you may know your pet is friendly, an animal running at someone who is walking by is very scary for that person. Many children are afraid of animals and become frightened, which could result in the child getting hurt trying to avoid the animal.
ECI Project TYKE is a year round Early Childhood Intervention program (ECI) in the Katy Independent School District that specializes in working with children who need extra help. The program provides developmental services to children who may need assistance in attaining developmental milestones or who may have a disability. Services are provided to children from birth to three where they live, learn or play. ECI Project TYKE develops a supportive partner-
& REPAIRING ALL JAPANESE & AMERICAN VEHICLES!
Quality and service are not expensive... they are priceless.
Serving Highway 6 area for over 15 years!
HAPPY H KARZ
Thursday is Ladies Day!
10% OFF ALL REPAIRS Cannot be combined with other discounts
5930 Hwy 6 North, Bldg K
HAPPY HON DA
OIL & FILTER CHANGE
We Buy & Sell Cars!!
Includes: Replace engine oil with Castrol GTX oil and oil filter. Check fluid levels-battery, radiator, transmission, power steering, brakes, clutch and windshield washer-inspect wiper blades, check CV joint boots for damage. Inspect tires for wear and damage, check pressure (including spare) and inflate to proper PSI. Expires 1/31/13
TIMING BELT SPECIALS
Regular Price with this coupon Expires 1/31/13
OUR LOW PRICE
Includes: Replace front brake pads: inspect front discs and calipers, rear discs and calipers ( or rear drums and wheel cylinders), inspect brake lines, hoses and master cylinder. Adjust parking brake. Prices vary by auto age and style. Call for estimate.
CLUTCH REPLACEMENT SPECIAL
AXLE REPLACEMENT SPECIAL
Regular Price with this coupon Expires 1/31/13
Regular Price with this coupon Expires 1/31/13
ship with families by providing educational and emotional supports, which enriches the daily routines and relationships that will enable their child to reach his or her maximum potential.
with this coupon Expires 1/31/13
Regular Price with this coupon Expires 1/31/13
Anyone (parent, family, friend, caregiver, professional) can refer a child to ECI Project TYKE. If you know a child under the age of 3 who needs assistance in at least one area of development or who has a medical diagnosis or condition impacting his or her development, please call ECI Project TYKE 281-237-6647 or make a referral on our website www.katyisd.org. ECI services are available statewide to help families. Early is best!!!!!
11740 Barker Cypress www.joelmuller.com Hablamos Español Providing Insurance and Financial Services
Do Something BIG - VOLUNTEER! Americans spend so much time working and doing many other things, filling up their schedules. We’ve heard the saying “stop and smell the coffee or roses.” But why not make that coffee and clip the roses for someone else? YES - Volunteer! Here’s how to get started: • Explore your interests. Chances are, there is a non-profit groups that seeks your skills and talents. • Commit to volunteering at least 4 hours a month. Only 4 hours a month - that’s it. It’s almost a guarantee that you will volunteer more than 4 hours because your passion will grow! • Start your own charity. Have a passion for teddy bears? Coloring books? Helping Senior Citizens? You can do so much: hold a teddy bear drive and donate to the local Star of Hope chapter. Collect coloring books and donate them to a local children’s residential facility. If you have a strong desire to help Senior Citizens, gather magazines and donate them to their living quarters. • Read to children at the local library. There are many story times and pajama night reading times at the local library. Find out how you can put your dynamic, animated personality to use! • Love pets? Volunteer at your local Human Society, ASCPA or Citizens for Animal Protection! Speak for those who cannot speak for themselves (our sweet homeless animals)!
ALL SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE PROGRAM
SPECIAL SMALL SERVICE
7,500/ 22,500/ 37,500/...
%off 10 brake work
with this coupon
Home Office: Bloomington, Illinois 61710
Your Neighborhood Plumber
$25 OFF With this Ad
Complete Plumbing & Drain Service We Welcome Your Questions • Open 7 Days a Week
VEITCO A/C & HEATING Sales Service & Repairs 7 days/week
FREE SERVICE CALL (with repair)
No Overtime Charge on Weekends or Evenings Licensed & Insured TACL B003499C
BEAR CREEK TEENAGE JOB SEEKERS Photo no t retouche d! Real J azzercis e Custom er.
January 7th & 8th
If you are between 12 and 18 and would like to be added to the teenage job seeker’s list, please completely fill out the form in the newsletter with your name, age, birthdate (mon. & yr.), phone number (one only), year you will graduate (or grade presently in) and the name of your subdivision. Check the list of jobs you want on your form. email to firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred) or mail to Krenek Printing, 7102 Glen Chase Ct., Houston, TX 77095. Must have parent(s) permission.
CALL. CLICK. COME IN.
Andrea, 23 WARNING: ANDREA IS
NOT A SUPERMODEL
This is 100% Andrea – no retouching! No tricks, no gimmicks, just straightforward honest fitness. SIDE EFFECTS MAY INCLUDE: Having a bikini body all year round.
Sign up on jazzercise.com/sale January 1-8 or in class January 7-8!
START FOR $0* with 12-month registration Waived joining fee January free Unlimited classes
START FOR $29* OR
with 6-month registration Discounted joining fee January free Unlimited classes
10 CLASSES FOR $89*
10 Classes must be used by 3/1/13.
BABYSITTING LIST NOT AVAILABLE ONLINE
*Offers valid at participating locations. Other restrictions may apply.
Bear Creek Copperfield Jazzercise Center 15544 Ridge Park Drive (behind Carrabbas) Houston, TX 77095 281-855-3488 real Results
Northwest Jazzercise Fitness Center 12603 Louetta @ N. Eldridge Cypress, TX 77429 281-855-3488
jazzercise.com /sale | (800)FIT-IS-IT
TEENAGE JOB SEEKERS
Please place my name on the Job Seekers List
(Students must be 12 before they can be added to the babysitting list.) Please fill in ALL information or we will not put on the list Job(s) _________________________________
q B -Babysitting
Name _________________________________ q SS -Safe Sitter
q SL -Swim Lessons
Address ________________________________ q CPR -CPR Certified
Email _________________________________ q FAC -First Aid Cert.
q RCC -Red Cross Cert.
Birthdate - Mo/Yr_________________________ q P -Pet Care (only)
q PP -Pet/Plant Sitter
Age ______ Grade________ Class of ________ q H -Housecare Phone _________________________________ q L -Lawncare q T -Tutor
Subdivison______________________________ q C -Car Detailing
LENGTHEN. STRENGTHEN. LOVE YOUR BODY.
First Class FREE!
Adults/Teens • Drop-ins welcome • FREE Childcare Enrolling for Children’s Ballet & Hip Hop Now 15544 Ridge Park Dr., Houston, TX 77095
I give my permission for my child’s name and phone number to be published in the ‘Teenage Job Seekers’ section of our subdivision newsletter. Parent Signature ____________________________________________________
email: email@example.com (preferred) or Mail to: Krenek Printing Co. 7102 Glen Chase Ct., Houston, TX 77095 www.krenekprinting.com Pet Hotline News A very important thing you can do is have a collar with some form of ID and your phone number on it. Pet stores have special ID’s for your pets. Many pet owners are now “chipping” the pets. If found and taken to a vet they can scan chip and find the owner. If your pet has a rabies tag, the vet has your name and #. The first thing I ask a caller is “does the pet have ID on it.” If it does, I will help contact the # on the ID and get the pet to it’s owner ASAP. Or the owner can pick up their lost pet. Having an ID on a pet makes life easier for all. Marie Nugent - 281-859-1104
GARDENING TIPS FOR JANUARY
Unique Dental Family & Cosmetic Dentistry “Quality Dental Care You Deserve”
Are you ith happy w ? ile m s r you
New Patient Exam
X-Rays (4 bitewing) & Basic Cleaning
(Reg. Price $190) Not Available with other coupons. Certain Restrictions apply. Expires 1-31-13
Robert Hines, DDS N
Medicaid & Chip Patients make sure to select our office for your next Dental Check Up
529 Hwy 6
W. Little York
6608-C Hwy 6 North
Between W. Little York & 529 (Across from Chuck E. Cheese & Office Max)
• Articulos para Fiestas • Piñatas hechas a su gusto • Decoraciones con Globos (arcos, columnas, centros de mesa etc) • Renta de Mesas, Sillas, Brincolines, y Carpas
Compra uno llevate el segundo 50%
En todos los articulos para fiesta, de igual o menor valor. Cuando presentes este cupon. Valido hasta 1/31/2013
January 2013 is observed as: • National Mentoring Month • National Glaucoma Awareness • Cervical Health Awareness Month • National Blood Donor Month • Thyroid Awareness Month • Birth Defects Prevention Month
16278 Loch Katrine Ln. Houston, TX 77084
Tenemos todo lo que su Fiesta Necesita!
JAY CONSTRUCTION - Home Repair & Remodeling -
Birthstone: Garnet January Flower: Carnation • • • •
• Painting • Sheetrock • Flooring • Bathrooms
Dried Cranberries Raisins Jicama Taro Root
• Stair Remodeling • Siding • Custom Cabinets • Roofing
• Patios • Additions • Framing
Astrological Signs: Capricorn (till 19 ) & Aquarius (beginning 20 ) th
(Upper and Lower )
JANUARY 2013 Observances & Fun Facts
Fruit & Veggies for January: • Tangerines • Sun Dried Tomatoes • Yucca Root • Sunchoke • Water Chestnut
Take Home BLEACHING
• Birds: Provide food and fresh water. More birds die from lack of water than from lack of food. • Cacti: Semi-dormant now. Reduce watering. • Camellias: Plants may be moved. Pick up and discard fallen blooms. • Cultivation: Changes in design may now be made, new beds dug and old ones rebuilt. Correct defects in drainage. Incorporate gypsum into heavy soils: repeat in three weeks. Dig granite dust, rock phosphate and quantities of organic matter into soil. Allow time for settling before planting. • Fertilize: Daylilies, spuria, Louisiana and bearded irises with complete fertilizer. Give strawberries 1 teaspoon ammonium sulfate, keeping six inches away from plant. Fertilize pansies with manure tea or blood meal. Water in. • Fruits: Plant fruit trees. Mulch figs with grass or straw to prevent freeze damage to crown. • House Plants: Water, when surface soil is crumbly dry. Wash dust off leaves to open pores. Mist often. Inspect for diseases and insects. Reduce water for poinsettias. • Lawns: Remove thatch aerate, and feed with low nitrogen mixture. • Pests: For petal blight prevention, spray azaleas and camellias as flowers open. Spray for scale with dormant oil solution if temperature will be above 35˚ and below 85˚ for next 48 hours. Always read and heed manufacturer s directions before spraying. • Propagation: Ivy cuttings root easily this month and next. Root cuttings of shrubs in mixture of loam and coarse sand; keep damp and semi-shaded until rooted. • Prune: Fruit trees in advance of new growth. Prune to groom and shape. Do not remove too much. Remove dead wood from trees and shrubs before spring buds swell, but do not prune spring bloomers. Prune crape myrtles. Prune nandina and others of similar growth habit by cutting unwanted canes out at base of plant. • Roses: Annual pruning about the middle of February, just before the spring buds break. To prevent later appearance of disease in the old beds, keep garden clean of debris and weeds. Complete preparation of new beds for roses. • Transplanting: January is one of the best months to transplant woody plants, both evergreen and deciduous, especially trees. Energy will be expended on roots instead of foliage. Learn ultimate size and cultural needs of tree or plant before buying. Consider dwarf varieties to avoid crowding later. Group plants of similar cultural needs. Do not work wet soil. Assure good drainage. Keep plants moist. • Vegetables: Prepare beds, preferably raised for drainage, with about 50% humus, including rotted manure. • Winter Protection: Expect freeze any time; plan for protection of tender plants. Water. Remove coverings, particularly plastic, when temperature rises. Protect low plants with dry leaves, pine needles or soil mulch, but remove when weather warms.
FULL SERVICE 7
New Year Special $ 95
GENERAL PEST CONTROL INCLUDES YARD Call for details Expires 1/31/2013
You’ll Be Glad We MET!
• Water Leaks • Water Heater Repair
and Installation Experts • Gas Tests and Systems
• Tankless Water
Heater Experts • Clean, Professional Technicians
Licensed & Insured $
Book online at www.bugfreetx.com e y w r
KATY INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT WWW.KATYISD.ORG IMPORTANT DATES
January 1st - 4th - Student/Staff Holiday January 7th - Student Holiday January 21st - Student/Staff Holiday
MORE THAN 165 PARTICIPATE IN 15 TH ANNUAL PROMISE TO READ PROGRAM Community members from Katy and the surrounding area recently stopped what they were doing to read to students in more than 345 classes as part of Katy ISD’s 15th annual Promise to Read program. Through Promise to Read, volunteers promised to spend 30 minutes reading to an elementary classroom during one week in November. This year, ten Katy ISD elementary campuses hosted the event with Partners in Education: Morton Ranch, Hutsell, Nottingham, Kilpatrick, King, Pattison, Mayde Creek, Griffin, Bear Creek and McRoberts Elementary. Host campuses rotate each year so that, over a three-year period, every Katy ISD elementary has an opportunity to participate. “Promise to Read has become a volunteer event that many in our community really look forward to. Most of our visiting readers return year after year,” says Sandi Meier, Katy ISD Promise to Read and Classroom Champions Coordinator. “Having a guest reader in the classroom is a fun treat for students, but it also promotes the lifelong joy of reading.” Readers represented a cross section of local companies and organizations including: Amegy Bank, American Kids Athletics, AXA Financial Advisors, Brazos Valley Schools Credit Union, CenterPoint Energy, Chick-Fil-A of Katy, City of Katy, CiCi’s Pizza, Cinco Ranch Conservatory of Music, ExxonMobil, First Victoria Bank, Grand Vision Center, Gary Greene Realtors, Harris County Sheriff’s Department, Hasta La Pasta, H-E-B Katy Market, Herff Jones Graduation Center, Houston Aeros, Houston Museum of Natural Science, Katy Area Chamber of Commerce, Kelliwood Animal Hospital, Members Choice Credit Union, Memorial Hermann, Omni Houston Hotel
• BedBugs • General Pest • Animal Removal • Wasps & Bees • Rodents • Fleas & Ticks • Termite Inspections & Treatments
15 OFF ANY REPAIR
WITH THIS AD NOT VALID WITH ANY OTHER OFFER
Call for details
CONSTRUCTION We Specialize in
• HardiPlank® Siding • Exterior Painting • Replacement Windows • Patio Covers • Roofing • Tile, Laminate & Wood Flooring
Complete Remodeling • Kitchens & Baths • Interior Painting & Remodeling • Room Additions
All areas of home repairs & improvements.
713-896-1234 Native Houstonians - In Business Since 1978
Westside, Orange Leaf Frozen Yogurt, Pediatric Dentists of Katy, Pepper Lawson Construction, Rainforest Café, SmartOrigami, The Shady Lady Window Coverings, Tradition Bank and Wood Group. Promise to Read is one of several community involvement programs offered by Katy ISD Partners in Education, the department that brings the community into the classroom. Find more information about Partners in Education at www.katyisd.org/community (website).
GEORGE FOUNDATION HIGH SCHOOL SCHOLARSHIPS NOW AVAILABLE FOR GRADUATING SENIORS For graduating seniors from Fort Bend County public high schools, The George Foundation has established a financial-need based scholarship program administered by Scholarship Management Services, a department of Scholarship America. Scholarships in the amount of $20,000, awarded $5,000 per year, are renewable for up to four years for full-time students attending an accredited two-or four-year public Texas institution of higher learning. Guidelines and applications can be found on www.thegeorgefoundation.org, the Foundation’s website. Deadline for applying is March 15, 2013. Questions may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling Theresa Kopnicky, Grant Associate, at 281-342-6109.
PRESCHOOLS BEAR CREEK UNITED METHODIST CHURCH SCHOOL REGISTRATION DATES FOR 2013-2014 Public registration 9:30 AM – 11:00 AM on Wednesday, February 6th. Bear Creek UMC School serves children 12 months through kindergarten. New for 2013-2014: 9:00 AM - 1:30 PM for all ages. Visit www.bearcreekumc.org/ministries/preschool for more information. Feel free to call 281-463-2969 for more information or drop by 16000 Rippling Water, Houston, TX 77084 for a tour. KINDERGARTEN: “A YEAR OF MAGIC” 6:30 PM, Thursday, January 31st - Come hear from our kindergarten team about the wonder of kindergarten at Bear Creek
____ Luna ___ La_ Mezza
Bear Creek Village Resident Since 1989
Christine Kahan, ABR
• Bio identical hormone & anti-aging • Botox/Dysport & fillers • Hair removal • Laser skin rejuvenation & resurfacing • Medical grade facials • Wrinkles, scar & sun damage skin treatment • Skin pigmentation & acne • Veins & telectangia treatment • Weight loss And more... Mon-Fri 10am-7pm Sat. 9am-2pm
“where knowledge, integrity & acuity reside”
email@example.com www.christinekahan.com Call or email me to discuss • leasing • buYing • selling
281-861-6681 16316 FM 529 Rd. Ste.C Houston, TX 77095
United Methodist Church School! Bring friends! Current enrollment at BCUMCS is not a requirement for registration. Public registration is Wednesday, January 5th at 9:30 AM. KINDERGARTEN OR A YEAR TO GROW? Bear Creek UMC School offers a transition class for children who are old enough to attend kindergarten but may benefit from a year to grow before beginning kindergarten. Gesell screening is available at the school January 10th - January 16th to help determine readiness. Please call the school 281-463-2969 for more information.
St. Cuthbert Preschool 2013-2014 REGISTRATION St. Cuthbert Episcopal Preschool’s 2013-2014 Preschool Registration will be on February 5th starting at 8:00 AM and will continue each day during Preschool hours until all of our spots are full. We offer two, three or five day classes for students ages 18 months - 4 years. Our school hours are Monday - Thursday 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM and Friday 9:00 AM to 12:00 noon. The program provides a loving, Christian environment offering the children weekly chapel, as well as music/movement, library and computer classes. Come by and visit us anytime at 17020 West Road @ Queenston during preschool hours, no appointment necessary. Our program is open to all children, regardless of race, nationality or creed. For questions, contact Lynn or Lynda at 281-463-1912.
Genesis Academy Pre-School The Genesis Academy Pre-School, a ministry of Prince of Peace Lutheran church, will be holding an open house on the following Saturdays, January 19, 2013 and January 26, 2013 from 9:00 AM-12:00 PM. Come and visit our pre-school and see what we have to offer you and your child. If you enroll your child in January, registration will be ½ off. Our address is 16650 Longenbaugh Drive, Houston TX, 77095. For more information call 281-859-6200. The Genesis Academy Pre-School website is www.thegenesisacademy.com
let’s make it an enjoyable and rewarding experience.
Featured Listings: Pine Forest Green
Concord Bridge North
3-2-2 Formals + Gameroom. One-story. Many updates. Energy efficient home built in 2009 by David Weekley Homes.
4-2-1/2-2 with both formals, gameroom + extra room. Updated: roof, air unit, master bath tub + tile. You will not be disappointed.
4018 Renwood Forest
6531 Pago Ln, 77041
Happy New Year!
Cornerstone UMC Preschool Registration Announcement Cornerstone United Methodist Church Preschool has been serving the Copperfield area since 1985. Cornerstone is a State Licensed facility operating five half days a week. We offer programs for children 18 months through five-year-old preschoolers. All children are welcome regardless of race, sex, religion or nationality. CUMC Preschool will be offering tours every Wednesday at 10:00 AM beginning January 16th and continuing through January 30th. Join the Preschool directors in the sanctuary where they will answer questions and discuss our program (curriculum, activities, special events, schedules, etc.) with interested families in the community. Families that attend one of our tours can register before our open family registration. Come and find out how!
9191 Barker Cypress Rd. It’s not too late to register for Spring Semester or Weekend College! Weekday classes begin Jan. 14th. Weekend College classes begin Jan. 18th-20th! For information, go online to LoneStar.edu/registration or call 281-2903200 or 832-782-5000. For Weekend College information, go to LoneStar.edu/weekend-college or call 832-482-1070. Parking Permits Available for LSC Visitors, Guests and Library Patrons Visitors, guests and library patrons may park without a permit in designated visitor parking areas. However, a daily or yearly permit is now available allowing for extended parking privileges at Lone Star College System campuses. Vehicles must be registered with LSCS to get a valid parking permit, to park in LSCS lots and to avoid receiving a citation. To register, you will need your vehicle’s license plate number, make, model and color. Go to LoneStar.edu/Parking for complete information on parking permits, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 281-765-7836.
A.L.L. Open House for Seniors 50 and Better Set Jan. 19th It’s time for active adults 50 and better to enjoy making new friends, as well as a wide variety of classes, day trips, activities and experiences in the Academy for Lifelong Learning (A.L.L.) at Lone Star College-CyFair. The A.L.L. Open House is set for 9 AM to noon Jan. 19th in the Conference Center on the campus at 9191 Barker Cypress. The annual membership fee of $20 allows members to attend most classes free (with some requiring only a nominal event, supply or entrance fee), as well as take advantage of extra perks at the college and in the area, such as discounts at plays, concerts, movies and restaurants. For a course schedule, information and to register for Spring 2013 classes, visit the Continuing Education office in the Center for Academic and Student Affairs (CASA) 116 or go to LoneStar.edu/cyfair-ALL
L.I.F.E. Lessons for the New Year The Learning, Inspiration, Fellowship and Enrichment (L.I.F.E.) programs are free and held Wednesdays at 10 AM in the Lone Star College-CyFair Branch Library (Room 131). Programs in January are: “Usha’s india” Jan. 9th; “Birding for Techies” Jan. 16th; “Is fasting Healthy?” Jan. 23rd and “Extreme Couponing” Jan. 30th. Call the library at 281-290-3214 for L.I.F.E. program information.
New Student Orientations Continue through Jan. 12th Students will learn how to view their myLonestar account, meet with an advisor and be able to register on the spot for spring classes. In addition, orientation includes an Advising 101 session that covers the registration process, paying for classes, adds/drops, financial aid, parking, bookstore, difference between college and high school, FERPA and major/transfer information. All sessions are free, but space is limited. Students must preregister online at LoneStar.edu/cyfair-orientation to receive a confirmation with room location and other program information. Call 281-290-3430 or email email@example.com for information.
BEAR CREEK COMMUNITY CENTER 3055 Bear Creek Drive • 281-859-1566 www.pct3.hctx.net Please call for more information or to register for any of these classes ASAP. All classes are FREE OF CHARGE and are suited for adults, unless otherwise noted and are open to the public. ONGOING SENIOR DAY - Every Wed. at BCCC, join seniors for a day of fun and games. Bridge, Canasta, Pinochle and 42 are played starting at 9:00 AM. We also have afternoon bridge at 12:00 PM. WALKERCISE - BCCC offers walkercise every day at 8:00 AM. this is an indoor class that’s equivalent to a two-mile walk. Classes are free. STRETCH AND TONE - Stretch and Tone is designed to improve flexibility, strength and endurance. You will see better body composition, improved strength and range of motion. This class is geared for all fitness levels. Bring a mat or towel and join us Tues. and Thurs. from 9:00 AM - 9:45 AM. Classes are free. AEROBICS - Aerobics combines muscle toning exercise and low-impact mid-intensity aerobics. Tuesdays and Thursdays, 9:45 -10:30 AM (Low to mid-intensity movement). Benefits include increased metabolic rate, which promotes efficient fat loss and improved body composition. Classes are free. Call BCCC for more information. NEEDLEWORK GROUP - The ladies of the BCCC Needlework Group are looking for new members. If you enjoy embroidery, cross-stitch or creative sewing, please join us Tues. mornings at 10:00 AM.
FUN TIME ART GROUP - Every Thursday morning from 9:00 AM to noon, would like to extend an invitation to adults to visit and join this no fee art group. Painting is in all mediums of your choice and help is available from all members. Come have fun together! Call for more information. CONVERSATIONAL FRENCH - BCCC offers anyone who has the basic knowledge of the French Language to join our French Language group, which meets at BCCC every Wednesday at 11:00 AM. Please call if you have questions. BEAR CREEK GENEALOGICAL SOCIETY & LIBRARY INC. - Welcomes all genealogical researchers, novice to expert, to join us. Meetings: second Thursday of each month, september through may from 1:00 - 3:00 PM. Casual attire and pre-meeting lunch at the Omni Hotel. Genealogical research trips, speakers, workshops, special events and genealogy Library. More info: Gary at 281-3980333, firstname.lastname@example.org - email or Alan at 281-579-0480, Leeds3@swbell.net - email. TAI CHI - Beginning Tai Chi, starting January 14th, Monday and Fridays, 9:00 AM to 10:15 AM. Join BCCC and learn this ancient Chinese Art that integrates the mind and body through slow, practiced meditative movements to strengthen the mind and body. It will also help reduce stress and lower blood pressure. Please call BCCC to register. T.O.P.S (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) - Come and join this group of ladies and enjoy lots of games and programs to help shed those unwanted pounds on Monday mornings at BCCC. Weigh-ins begin at 9:30 AM and the meeting takes place at 10:00 AM. For more information, call Shirley at 281-856-7785 or 832-771-0499.
Amaya Garage Doors Does your garage door need service? We can help!
Se Habla Espanol
e y w r • We Offer Service for Most Models • Replace / Repair • Broken Springs • Hurricane Bracing • Reasonable Prices
Wood • Ornamental Iron • Chain Link
• Privacy & Security Fences Free Estimates! • Breezeway & Pool Fences 281-500-6800 • Entry Enclosures • Custom Designs w e y www.AmriFence.com
KATHERINE TYRA (BEAR CREEK) PUBLIC LIBRARY 16719 Clay Road, Houston, TX 77084, 281-550-0885 Our hours are: Monday - 1:00 PM - 8:00 PM, Tuesday/Thursday 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM, Wednesday -10:00 AM - 8:00 PM, Friday - 1:00 PM - 6:00 PM, Saturday - 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM, Sunday - Closed. • Holiday Closings: We will be closed for New Year, January 1st and on Monday, January 21st.
• The Bear Creek Book Club - First Wednesday, 7:00 PM. Join the Bear Creek Book Club to discuss Loving Frank by Nancy Horan. • The Friends of the Bear Creek Library - Monday, January 14th, 6:00 PM. Planning Meeting: The Friends of the Library, a non-profit organization that raises funds for library programs and materials, is actively seeking new members. Did you enjoy a program at the library? If you did, thank the Friends. Better yet, join the Friends. Come to the meeting and see what it is all about! • The Bear Creek MYSTERY Book Club - Thursday, January 17th, 11:00 AM. The Library is hosting a mystery book club! All sleuths and amateur Sherlocks heed this call! Come to this lively group and share your passion for mysteries!
“Living, Loving, and Learning in Christ and the Church.”
St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Catholic School
• Saturday @ the Movies – Every Saturday at 2:00 PM. Enjoy an action packed film with big sound and big screen; a deal that can’t be beat!! Check with the library staff regarding title and ratings information. • Beginning Computer Classes - First and Third Tuesday at 10:00 AM. These classes are designed for people looking to learn about computers at a very introductory level. All classes are free of charge. The first twelve patrons will be accommodated. • Bear Creek Knitting Club - Every Thursday, 4:00 PM. The Bear Creek Knitters Club is a place to share ideas, to learn new knitting techniques or to teach someone else a new knitting skill. Don’t miss out on the weekly fun!! Make sure to bring your needles and yarn. All ages welcome!
Wednesday, January 30, 2013 9 AM to 2 PM and 6 PM to 8 PM Pre-K3 through Eighth Grade
6646 Addicks-Satsuma Rd. Houston, TX 77084
ADVANCED HOME EXTERIORS WE DON’T TRY TO DO IT ALL... WE ONLY DO WHAT WE DO BEST! SIDING, WINDOWS, ROOFING & INSULATION HardiePlank Siding & Exterior Painting Energy Efﬁcient Replacement Windows Re-Rooﬁng -- Blown-In Attic Insulation
HardiePlank or Window Replacement *Minimum purchase required
Recommended by Tom Tynan, SportsRadio 610 am Call Today for Your Free Estimate!
WISHARD PLUMBING CO. The Plumber you WISH you'd called.
COMMERCIAL • RESIDENTIAL
$30.00 OFF With this ad
Repair/Remodel References Upon Request • Insured Senior Citizen Discount • 28 Years Experience
All work performed by Owner / Master Plumber, Greg Wishard
AIR CONDITIONING & HEATING, INC.
License # TACLA1038C
Financing Available WAC Greater Houston
19 pt. Heat Check-up or Service
Includes all discounts & Promotions Must Present Coupon at time of Service
• Teen Programs - Every Monday, 4:00 PM. Want to do something fun and interesting after school? The library is hosting weekly Teen events. You can watch an anime, take part in a book or movie critic club and so much more! CHILDREN • Tuesdays, 10:30 AM - Preschool Story Time for children ages 3-5 years. • Tuesdays, 11:15 AM - Infant Story Time for children ages 0-18 months. • Tuesdays, 5:00 PM - Kid’s Korner Story Time for school-aged children. • Wednesdays, 10:30 & 11:00 AM - Toddler Story Time for children ages 18 months-3 years. • Wednesdays, 5:00 PM - Tweeners for middle school aged children. • 1st Thursday of every month, 10:30 AM - Infant Explorers: All materials are furnished. Recommended for children ages 0-36 months. • 2nd Thursday of every month, 10:30 AM - Free play for all. All ages. • 3rd Thursday of every month, 10:30 AM - Preschool Picassos Art Camp: All materials are furnished. Recommended for children ages 3-5 years. • 4th Thursday of every month, 10:30 AM - Build it! Recommended for children ages 3+ years. All programs are free and open to the public. For more information call 281-550-0885 or log on to www.hcpl.net.
Texas Tech Parent Assoc. Greater W. Houston Chapter Bowling FUNDRAISER Our bowling event in January is a fundraising event for Texas Tech students, through Texas Tech Parent Association - Greater West Houston Chapter. Our bowling event will be held at Copperfield Bowl on Sunday, January 6th from 3-5 pm. Cost per person is $20 and includes 2 hours of bowling and shoe rental. Open to Texas Tech parents and students. RSVP is required. Visit www.texastechparents.org/group/GWH for more information.
American Cancer Society Relay For Life Kick Off Meeting When: Thursday, January 17, 2013, at 6:30 pm What: American Cancer Society Relay For Life Kick Off Meeting Where: Sydney Harbor Subdivision Clubhouse 18115 Harbor Bridge Pointe Dr. Cypress TX, 77429 *For directions, call Tory at 713-205-2850
Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo™ Sparkles and Spurs Dinner, Dance and AuctioN
The Houston Metro Go Texan Committee Katy Subcommittee of the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo will host its annual Sparkles and Spurs Dinner, Dance and Auction at 6:30 PM, Jan. 19, 2013, at the Great Southwest Equestrian Center. Live music featuring the Al White Band will entertain guests throughout the evening. A steak dinner will be served from 6:30 to 7:30 PM. The live auction will begin at 8 PM with the silent auction closing 30 minutes after the conclusion of the live auction. Wine, beer and setups will be available for purchase at the facility. Tickets are available for $50 each or a table for eight may be purchased for $400 and all proceeds benefit the Show. In 2012, $256,000 in scholarships was awarded to Katy ISD high school
Your smile Our dedication
Dentistry For Your Entire Family • Traditional braces, clear braces, ClearCorrect • Veneers, Lumineers, Crowns, Bridges, Root Canals, Dentures, Gum Treatment • New Zoom WhiteSpeed Teeth Whitening
Tenemos personal en español que pueden asistirles.
students. For more information or to purchase tickets, please contact event coordinator Steve Rechner at 281-395-5339 or steve. email@example.com or co-coordinator Jennifer McDowell at firstname.lastname@example.org The 2013 Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo runs Monday, Feb. 25th through Sunday, March 17th. The Show is a Section 501(c)(3) charitable event, committed to benefiting youth, supporting education and facilitating better agricultural practices through exhibitions and presentation. Since its beginning in 1932, the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo has contributed more than $330 million to scholarships, research, endowments, calf scramble participants, junior show exhibitors, school art participants and other educational and youth programs. ST. ELIZABETH ANN SETON KNIGHTS OF COLUMBUS and ladies auxiliary
“LAS VEGAS NIGHT”
The Knights of Columbus Council and the Ladies Auxiliary of St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Catholic Church invite you to attend our 27th Charity Las Vegas Night.
We accept Most Insurances, Medicaid, TX CHIPS Open Saturdays Walk-ins welcome Payment Plans Offered
• Oral Surgery & Wisdom Teeth • Dental Implant Surgery • Conscious Sedation • Digital X-rays with reduced radiation
w w w. c h l o e d e n t a l . c o m
3950 N Fry Road/Katy, TX 77449 (Fry Rd. at Clay Rd.)
“Serving the Katy area for over 7 years.”
VOICE LESSONS Discover your vocal abilities or refine your skills! Preparation for All-State, UIL, and Auditions All genres, especially classical, musical theater and jazz. Healthy technique that combines ease and sensibility, making singing fun and rewarding! Seasoned teacher and performer. Graduate of the prestigious Oberlin Conservatory of Music.
Call Tiffany to get started!
The event will be held on January 26, 2013, from 7:00 PM until 10:30 PM, at the church, 6646 Addicks Satsuma, in the Community Life Center. A prize auction will follow with fabulous items to bid on with the play money you win. Included will be a trip to Las Vegas, hotel stays, restaurant dinners, sports memorabilia, wonderful gift baskets, fantastic coupons and fabulous merchandise. We hope you will join us and promise you a fun-filled evening of Black Jack, Craps, Roulette, Poker, Slot Machines and other games. Snacks and drinks are included in the price. Bring your friends, neighbors and Uncle Joe. Tickets are only $15 per person and all proceeds will benefit local Knights of columbus Charities. For more information, please call Franklin Holub 281-463-6122 or email email@example.com
St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Catholic Church Live Auction & Dinner (catered by French Quarter Market Grill) Sat, Feb. 9, 2013 - 6:30 pm Restaurants, Trips, Home Improvement, Casino Night, Golf 6646 Addicks Satsuma Rd 77084 281-463-7878
THEATER/ARTS The Cypress Creek FACE 2012-2013 Season
ELECTROLYSIS 25+ Years Experience
The only permanent hair removal approved by the AMA Monday-Saturday & Evenings
Copperfield Professional Center 7050 Lakeview Haven Dr. Ste. 120 Houston, TX 77095
INTERIOR & EXTERIOR 30+ Years Experience/Family Owned
• Carpentry • Sheetrock - Texture • Pressure Washing • Siding - HardiPlank® • Refinish - Staining • References • Insured & Bonded
e y r w
“A big delight in every small bite”
Andriah Holley-Smith, Owner
Heat Safety Check-Up $ 99 Per Unit (Reg $89
Houston Family Arts Center 2012-2013 Season
Memories and Traditions
Season subscriptions are available for $92-$144 and offer incredible savings, exclusive benefits and personalized customer service. Subscribers save as much as 30% off single-ticket prices. HFAC subscriber perks include the opportunity to pick the best seats before they go on sale to the general public, an opening night reception, and recognition in every Playbill. Patrons can purchase their subscriptions online at www.houstonfac.com or call the HFAC box office at 281-685-6374. Houston Family Arts Center 2012-2013 Main Stage Season You’re A Good Man, Charlie Brown (Jan. 25 - Feb. 10, 2013 on the Garza Main Stage) Annie (March 1-17, 2013 at the Berry Center) Leaving Iowa (April 5-21, 2013 on the Garza Main Stage) Over the River and Through the Woods (June 7-23, 2013 on the Garzas Main Stage) Fiddler on the Roof (July 12-28, 2013 at the Berry Center)
The NEW Thomas A. Glazier Senior Education Center Commissioner Steve Radack, Harris County Precinct Three
Julian Franklin’s Magic & Puppet Show - 10 AM, Saturday, January 19, 2013 . Julian Franklin began performing magic shows and puppet shows at a very early age. In 2001, he decided to combine his love of performing with his passion for education and thus Julian Franklin Productions was born. Fun, engaging, magical your family will have the time of their lives! Grades Pre-K - 5. This show is part of Cypress Creek FACE’s Free Children’s Series. All Free Children’s Series concerts are free and no reservations necessary.
All performances at The Centrum, 6823 Cypresswood Dr., Spring, TX 77379 Box Office: 281-440-4850 www.cypresscreekface.org Legacy Concert: Will & Heather Riley - 3 PM, Tuesday, January 8, 2013. Heather and Will Riley will perform a Spanishthemed program, that traces the connections between the guitar and piano, through the music of Debussy, De Falla and Granados. Will is a graduate of Klein Forest HS and is currently a lecturer and the director of classical guitar studies at the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth. Heather maintains a full teaching studio at Indian Hill Music School, in Littleton, Massachusetts, where she is Chair of the Piano Department. Tickets: $6 - $12.
“The one you will count on for your comfort needs” Service, Repair, Installation On All Brands Maintenance Agreement Program • 2 Year Warranty on All Parts
281-744-2539 Emergency www.alpha4realac.com Save $250 on New Energy Star Systems
The Thomas A. Glazier Senior Education Center is located at 16600 Pine Forest Lane, 77084; one block south of the intersection of Hwy. 6 and Clay Road. All classes/programs are FREE for Harris County residents aged 55+. Must register in person with photo ID in order to participate in the program and attend all future classes. You may register Monday-Friday from 8:00 am - 3:00 pm. If you have questions, classes offered or need directions, please call us at 713-274-3250. If you are currently registered at Glazier - call us and ask about our new classes. You may register over the phone for any new classes. Volunteer Opportunities available, please call to speak to us about teaching your own class! JANUARY Schedule - Must preregister in person for classes (or by phone if already registered and participating at center 713-274-3250).
Easton Commons Animal Hospital
West Rd Hwy 6
Easton Commons Dr
N KROGER CENTER
Easton E Commons Animal Hospital
★ Full Service Boarding, Grooming & Training★
15030 West Rd.
Attention New Puppy & Kitten Owners!
Receive a FREE Science Diet® Puppy or Kitten Kit and complimentary first dose of heartworm & flea preventative with your puppy or kitten’s first vaccination visit to Easton Commons Animal Hospital.
20% OFF Grooming Not valid on Saturdays or with other grooming offers. Expires 1/31/2013
COMPLIMENTARY EXAM First Time Clients Only
Please call to schedule an appointment One Coupon Per Family • Valid Monday thru Friday Coupon must be presented at time of service Expires 1/31/2013
• Thursday, January 3rd, Create your very own hand-made Memory Books from Christmas/holiday photos; 10-11:30 AM. • Friday, January 4th, Chess - Beginner Lessons; (Day 1 of 6); 1-3 PM. • Friday, January 4th, Classic Cinema Presents – the romantic comedy “The Philadelphia Story” with Cary Grant and Jimmy Stewart; 11:30 AM, bring snacks/lunch for intermission. • Monday, January 7th, Excel; 10 AM - Noon. • Monday, January 7th, Crochet; 1-3 PM. • Monday, January 7th, Keyboarding for the Beginner; 1-2 PM. • Wednesday, January 9th, Keyboarding for the Beginner; 1-2 PM. • Friday, January 11th, Chess for the Beginner; (Day 2 of 6); 1-3 PM. • Monday, January 14th, Crochet; 1-3 PM. • Monday, January 14th, Introduction to Computers; 4-week session begins. Must preregister. • Wednesday, January 16th, Keyboarding for the Beginner; 11-Noon or 3-4 PM. • Thursday, January 17th, Email Class; 9-11 AM or 1-3 PM. • Friday, January 18th, Chess for the Beginner; (Day 3 of 6) 1-3 PM. • Friday, January 18th, Classic Cinema presents “Gilda” with Rita Hayworth and John Ford; 11:30 am, bring snacks/lunch for intermission. • Tuesday, January 22nd, Internet Safety; 9-11 AM or 1-3 PM. • Wednesday, January 23rd, Digital Camera Class; 1-3:30 PM. • Thursday, January 24th, Digital Camera Class; 1-3:30 PM. • Thursday, January 24th, Dental Program; free floss/toothbrush; 2-3 PM. • Friday, January 25th, Doctor Louise Hayes, PHD; Brain Growth and Repair Workshop; Brain Growth at Any Age; 10-Noon. • Monday, January 28th, Crochet; 1-3 PM. • Tuesday, February 5th, Senior Boot Camp 9-10 AM. Must register in advance for this series. • Thursday, February 7th, Living Well with Diabetes Type II; day one. Please register in advance for this series. • Friday, February 8th, Smartphone, iPhone and iPad class. Must register in advance.
FREE HEARTWORM TEST Call for Details.
Master Gardeners Fruit Tree Sale Master Gardeners Fruit Tree Sale features triple-grafted apple, peach trees . Harris County Master Gardeners will hold a Fruit Tree Sale Saturday, Jan. 26th, 9 AM-1 PM., at the AgriLife Extension Office, 3033 Bear Creek Dr., Houston.
Free overviews of the plants being sold will be held Tuesday, Jan. 15th, at 6:30 PM and Saturday, Jan. 26th, at 8 AM, in the auditorium in the AgriLife Extension Office. The sale will feature more than 1,000 fruit trees, including oranges, grapefruit and other citrus, peaches, plums, blackberries and Kiowa pecan trees. A new feature this year will be triplegrafted apple trees and triple-grafted peach trees, providing several varieties on a single tree where space is limited. For more information, visit http:harris.agrilife.org/programareas/hort online or call 281-855-5600.
SPORTS West Houston Girls Softball Association Registration West Houston Girls Softball Association invites you to come join the fun! Registration is now OPEN for our Spring 2013 season. Make some new friends and enjoy the outdoors in a fun and
How high can you soar with Houston Community College? The sky’s the limit with HCC’s innovative partnerships and programs: • Mechanical, Electrical and Civil Engineering degree programs with UT-Tyler at HCC Alief • Joint Admissions with HCC and University of Houston • University of Victoria classes offered at HCC Katy • Center for Entrepreneurship and Business Plan Competition at HCC Spring Branch • Dual credit classes offered in Katy ISD and Spring Branch ISD high school classrooms
Four convenient west Houston locations Spring Branch Campus
1010 W. Sam Houston Pkwy. North (I-10 & Beltway 8)
1550 Foxlake Drive (I-10 & Fry Road)
Alief Campus - Bissonnet
Alief Campus - Hayes
2811 Hayes Road (Westheimer & Hayes Rd.)
13803 Bissonnet Street (Bissonnet & Eldridge)
Join us on facebook.com/hccnorthwest Follow us on twitter @hcckatycampus @hccspringbranch
exciting way. No experience necessary! Girls, ages 5-17, are eligible to play! Every girl makes a team and every girl plays. Registration can be completed online, in-person or by mail (visit our website for forms and dates): www.eteamz.com/whgsa. If you have questions, please feel free to email Kim Jowers at firstname.lastname@example.org
Inward/Forward Basketball For College & High School Guys at Bear Creek Baptist Church Be a part of one of our basketball leagues. Practice/Games will be on Monday, Tuesday or Thursday nights. Evaluations to help set the teams will be February 19th and 21st between the hours of 6:00 PM and 8:00 PM in our gym. You can register online at www. bearcreekchurch.tv/sports, look for Register Now area and click on Inward/Forward Basketball. We will have registration forms available in the church office and in the Student Ministry area. Practices begin the week of March 18th and the league runs through May 4th. The cost of Inward/Forward Basketball is $20. If you have questions or would like more information you can email scott.denton@bcstaff. org or Linda.email@example.com or contact us at 281-859-9900 and ask for Scott Denton or Linda Newhouse. Last year there was such a great response - register early.
Upward Baseball - T-Ball, Kid & Coach Pitch at Bear Creek Baptist Church We would like to invite children from 4 yrs (as of Sept. 1, 2012) to 5th grade to join us as we enjoy another season of T-Ball, Kid & Coach Pitch. We look forward to teaching your children the skills and watching them enhance their abilities. Registration forms are now available in our office or you can register at www.bearcreekchurch. tv/sports online. We will offer several evaluation days so we can check on their skills so we can even out the teams. The dates for
these are February 25th, 26th and 28th, between 5:00 PM - 6:30 PM. Also, on March 2nd at 10:00 AM - 12:00 noon. It only takes a few minutes for us to run them through the drills and then we will contact each player about practices. After March 4th, we cannot guarantee a place on a team. They will practice for one hour a week on a Monday, Tuesday or Thursday. Practices begin the week of March 18th and the league runs through May 18th. The cost will be $75. If you have questions or would like more information, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or Linda.email@example.com or contact us at 281-859-9900 and ask for Scott Denton or Linda Newhouse. Register as soon as possible!
Northwest Flyers Youth Track Club Registration on February 2nd The Northwest Flyers Youth Track Club will celebrate its 26th Anniversary Season by hosting its annual free information/registration breakfast on Saturday, February 2, 2013, for all boys, girls and their parents who are interested in joining for the 2013 track season. The breakfast starts promptly at 8:30 AM at the Cypress Creek Christian Community Center Forum located at 6823 Cypresswood Dr., Spring, TX, 77379. The free breakfast is the opportunity for youth athletes to register for the club’s 2013 spring/summer track season and to meet the Northwest Flyers coaches, staff and other new and returning athletes. All new parents and athletes interested in joining the Northwest Flyers must attend. The Northwest Flyers Track Club is a youth (ages 6 -18) track club, affiliated with USA Track & Field (USATF), that provides a full program of sanctioned “track” events such as sprints, hurdles, middle distance, distance and relays and sanctioned “field” events such as long jump, triple jump, high jump, pole vault, shot put, discus and javelin. The Northwest Flyers is a member of the “Win with Integrity” program, a partnership between USATF and the American College of Sports Medicine. “Win with Integrity” brings elite track & field
Family & Cosmetic Dentistry • Laser Dentistry -painless cold sore treatments...some fillings can be done without anesthetic • Vizilite Plus - painless oral cancer screening...can detect cancerous and pre-cancerous cells • Non Surgical Periodontal Therapy -put an end to bleeding gums and mouth odor • Isolite System -award winning, ergonomic patient comfort system reduces stress • TMJ splint therapy-teeth that are worn, sore joints, & gums that are receding are all indicators • Intra Oral camera -areas of concern are displayed on a monitor for your viewing
Whitening Special $
10 Minutes from the Energy Corridor
16100 Cairnway, Suite 285 athletes and school-aged kids together to promote healthy lifestyles, keeping active and living with integrity through the sport of track & field. For additional information on the Northwest Flyers Track Club, please visit the team website at www.northwestflyers.org or contact Linette Roach at 281-587-8442 or firstname.lastname@example.org
i9 Sports Registration is open for fall Flag Football, Basketball, Soccer and TBall/Baseball leagues in Katy! i9 Sports is the #1 provider of youth sports leagues, camps and instructional clinics in the country for kids ages 3-14. We focus on fun, skills and sportsmanship with a commitment to safety. For more information, please visit www.i9sports.com or call 281-398-PLAY (7529).
Cy-Fair Sports Association Cy-Fair Sports Association is having baseball, football, cheerleading, drill team and wrestling sign ups right now. Check out the website for more information www.cy-fairsports.org
Westside Golf League Westside Golf League is actively encouraging new members. We invite you to join us every Tuesday morning at Cinco Ranch Golf Club. Our purpose is to allow ladies of all levels to meet new friends and have fun while improving golfing skills. For more information, contact Sue Crookson at 281-392-4913 email@example.com or Yana Dommert at 281-394-2481 firstname.lastname@example.org
CHURCH INFORMATION Cornerstone United Methodist Church Wesley Covenant Service January 13, 2013 On Sunday, January 13th, during the 8:30 and 10:45 AM worship services as a part of the worship celebration, we will be including the Wesley Covenant Service from the United Methodist Book of Worship. The first usage of the Covenant Service by a meeting of Methodists was August 11, 1755. During the week before that event, Wesley had been encouraging the Society at Spitalfields to use the covenant as a “means of increasing serious religion which had been frequently practiced by our forefathers and attended with eminent blessing.” Several mornings before he actually introduced the liturgy, Wesley explained it again, talking about the manner of doing the covenant. Then on Friday, August 11th, Wesley “recited the tenor of the covenant
proposed, in the words of that blessed man, Richard Alleine.” About 1800 people arose and gave testimony of their assent. “Such a night I scarce ever saw before. Surely the fruit of it shall remain forever.” Wesley’s motivation for using the service in 1755 came from two sources: (1) He had recently read Gillies’ Historical Collections which spoke of a solemn renewing of a covenant in Massachusetts in 1680 and (2) Richard Alleine (1611-81) whose influence had touched Wesley’s paternal grandparents and whose covenant had been used in Wesley’s family at Epworth. The use of this service proved so successful that it was used frequently, especially on New Year’s Day or the first Sunday in the New Year. Mark your calendars and make plans to join us for this special service.
Epiphany Lutheran Church Food Pantry Epiphany Lutheran Church, located at 14423 West Road Houston 77041, is pleased to announce the opening of a Food Pantry for zip code area 77041. The food pantry is open the second and fourth Saturdays of each month from 9 AM - noon. An application process is required. Please bring photo I.D. and proof of address. For more information about our food pantry, contact the pantry coordinator at 281-746-7740.
CHRIST APOSTOLIC CHURCH BETWEEN JOBS NETWORKING Every Tuesday, 10:00 AM Limited Seating CAC is dedicated to helping, networking, educating and empowering those who still believe in the American dream. We believe that God has a job for you somewhere and it will take networking power to get the job. Information is power. It is all about job networking and helping one another. Come and network with others between jobs. Located at 5930 Hwy. 6 N., Suite F-1, Houston, TX 77084, 281-804-2520, Fax 281-741-1686.
BEAR CREEK UNITED METHODIST CHURCH ATTENTION: CAREGIVERS OF ELDERLY PERSONS Did you know that on the second Friday of each month Bear Creek United Methodist Church provides a caring, Christian atmosphere for your loved one? The program, scheduled from 10 AM to 1:30 PM. This gathering provides free time for caregivers and includes crafts, chair exercises, word games, entertainment, lunch
Klassic Garage Doors Professional Garage Door Repair We replace or repair garage doors or garage door openers.
• Maintenence • Replace Panels
• Broken Springs • Door Off Track
Power for Today Bible Study and Prayer
qery Call anytime 24 hour emergency service available
281-408-0028 281-763-4310 Cell
JP Roofing & Gutters www.jproofing.biz
5 inch - 6 inch Seamless Gutters Flat Roofs • Metal Roofs + Leak Repairs HardiPlank Siding Int./Ext. Painting & Repairs
and more. Caregivers are also welcome to stay and join the fun. For more information or to register, please call the church office at 281-463-2330. Bear Creek United Methodist Church is located at 16000 Rippling Water Drive, near North Hwy. 6 and Kieth Harrow.
Your Satisfaction is Our Future
We Create Beautiful Smiles!
“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.” Matt. 6:34 Held every 3rd Tuesday - 6:30-7:30 pm Omni Hotel Westside - Café on the Lake 13210 Katy Freeway Houston, Texas 77079 281-558-8338
CHRISTIAN INTERNATIONAL WOMEN OF PRAYER
We are a group of women from non-denominational backgrounds and various nationalities. We fellowship once a week by reading the Bible and praying for our needs in English and Spanish. Please feel free to join us every Thursday, from noon to 1:30 PM and together we can learn and grow in His word. For more information, contact Paula at 281-703-0670.
SENIOR CHURCH GROUPS COPPERFIELD CHURCH SENIOR ADULTS
GAME DAY - The first Friday of the month - 10:00 am - 3:00 pm BIBLE STUDY - Wednesday - 9:30 am - 11:00 am DAY TRIPS - Monthly - Schedule differs. For more info., www.copperfieldchurch.com or call 281-856-2273. WALKING GROUP (aka Holy Strollers) - 8:30 am - 9:30 am, Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Come join our group! We are an active, fun-loving bunch. Once you come for a visit and get to know us, you’ll want to be a part of our Senior Adult Group. You do not have to be a member of Copperfield Church to be a part of our Senior Adult Group.
S. M. Shirazi, D.D.S. 18+ Years Experience
Cosmetic & Family Dentistry For Adults & Children
ZOOM In Office 1 hour Bleaching
295 ($699 Value)
$125 Exam / X-Rays / Cleaning Payment Plans Available
Now Offering IMPLANTS
Ask About our IMPLANT Special
Surgery and Final Crown in one location
5630 North Eldridge 713-466-3700 www.shirazi-dds.com 18
AREA BINGOS EPIPHANY BINGO Epiphany Bingo has been conducting bingo games on the west side since February 14, 1986. Epiphany conducts their bingo games every Friday night except holidays. There Is No Smoking Allowed During All Bingo Games. They have a jackpot game of $750. Maximum prize giveaways of $2,500, allowed by law, are given away every Bingo Night! They have security, lighted parking, big screen color monitor, computerized bingo equipment, snack bar, and large cash prizes. Profits are used for charitable outreach programs, building expansion, and payment towards debt. Epiphany Catholic Church conducts its bingo games at the Church Community Center, 1530 Norwalk Dr. (between Fry and Mason Roads, south of I-10 behind Nottingham Subdivision) off Highland Knolls every Friday night. Early bird games begin at 7:30 PM and regular games at 8:00 PM. For more information, call the bingo hall number 281-5783905. During Bingo nights, you may also call the Community Center number, 281-578-5078. Come, have some fun, bring your friends and neighbors, win some money and make some new friends.
REAL SCIENCE...REAL RESULTS Third-party clinical trials show that NeriumAD dramatically reduces the appearance of: • Fine lines and wrinkles • Hyperpigmentation • Uneven skin texture • Enlarged pores • Aging or sun-damaged skin
You’re invited to experience Real Results... Call Rebecca @ 281-507-4142 or visit my website
www.rebeccahill.nerium.com St. Bartholomew the Apostle Catholic Church BINGO At St. Bartholomew the Apostle Catholic Church in downtown Katy, “BINGO” is being played in our Parish Hall every Friday evening except Holidays. Doors open at 7:00 PM, games start at 7:15 PM with four Early Bird games. Regular games start at 7:30 PM. Maximum Prizes given away every evening of $2,500. Governed by the state of Texas. They have the most modern computerized BINGO equipment for verifying winnings, along with TV monitors for your viewing pleasure. The snack bar is maintained by the KNIGHTS of COLUMBUS 6950, with a variety of food and snacks with soft drinks. All profits will benefit community outreach and Religious Education programs, to better serve the community. The Church is located in downtown Katy at 5356 Eleventh St. You can get to the church if traveling west on Hwy. 90 to Katyland Rd. Turn right at the light, go to the second stop sign (at the stadium) Eleventh St., turn left and the Church Hall will be on your right one block down. Please call for more details to 281-391-4758. Please come play and win. We can accommodate large groups such as social and family groups
GIRLZ GONE RIGHT • Right Foundation • Right Character • Right Relationships featuring Pam Stenzel
Presented by Pregnancy Help Center of West Houston
When: Thursday January 17, 2013 at 11:30 AM CST -to-Saturday January 19, 2013 at 1:00 PM CST Where: Pregnancy Help Center of West Houston 1450 E. Summitry Circle Katy, TX 77449
HOUSTON, we have a problem! Adults who are too busy, too tired, too whatever to be bothered TEACHING and MODELING respect and integrity to their students, decide it is better to just offer them the morning after pill at SCHOOL, without consent of parents! Be realistic, they are ALL going to “do it anyway!”
What message are we sending our young people? Who is going to speak TRUTH in love to this generation of young women? Where are they going hear that they are valuable? From MTV? FACEBOOK? The boy sitting behind them in Math? The school clinic handing them a chemical hormonal drug cocktail? It is time to WAKE-UP. We need to remind ourselves and those we place our children in the care of, that PARENT’S MATTER and that going behind our backs is not, nor will EVER BE in the best interest of our girls. • Thursday, January 17, 2013 - we would like to invite you (Pastors, Community Leaders, Educators) to LUNCH with Pam Stenzel. • Friday, January 18, 2013 - come join us for a frank discussion of how PARENTS MATTER (Parents, Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles, Brothers, Sisters & children included). • Saturday, January 19, 2013 - This “morning out” is for TEEN GIRLS and their Mom’s (Aunts, Grandmothers, Sisters)! It is a simple event that brings mom’s and daughters together to begin conversations that will help teen girls be TRANSFORMED by God’s WORD and not conformed to the WORLD! Don’t be the one that says “It’s hopeless, they are all doing it anyway.” Be the one that says “You are valued, you are loved, you are worth respecting and you have the strength and grace you need to make the right choice!!” Will you join me? Register now… Go to www.phckaty.org for more information or call 281-599-0909.
JAZZERCISE COLLECTS FOR THE MINISTRIES, OPERATION INTERDEPENDANCE AND PINK RIBBONS PROJECT It’s a fact that exercise is important for good health. And it’s even better when that exercise helps others in the community. Jazzercise in the Bear Creek Copperfield area has collected food and new toys during the holiday season for the Cypress Assistance Ministries for over 30 years. This year, Bear Creek Copperfield Jazzercise Center along with the Northwest Jazzercise Center has also collected for Operation Interdependence with customers donating snack and personal items for our troops overseas. The Bear Creek Copperfield and Northwest Jazzercise customers, along with other locations, will help energize the crowd at the Rockets vs. Spurs game, when they perform a choreographed halftime routine at the Toyota Center on March 24, 2013.
“I’m In PAIN” Can Chiropractic Help ME ? We are often asked, “What’s the best way of finding out whether or not a doctor of chiropractic can help my problem?” We believe the answer can be found in a complete chiropractic consultation and examination, including x-rays. And to help find out for sure, we will do a complete consultation and examination, including x-rays, if necessary, (procedures that normally cost $187.00 or more) for $25.00. We will make this special program available through January. The only exception to the offer involves personal injury cases (workers’ compensation and auto accidents) in which there is no charge directly to the patient.
DR. LARA-ANN CLINTON DR. JOE CLINTON
281-855-2277 Bear Creek Professional Center HWY. 6
CAIRNWAY CLAY ROAD
4654 Hwy. 6 North, Suite 305
THESE CONDITIONS ARE SOME OF THE DANGER SIGNALS: Headache Arthritic pain by stiff neck Loss of sleep Scoliosis (Curvature of the spine) Leg pain & numbness Arm pain & numbness Backache Fatigue Tension Whiplash Injury
Reg. $187.00 Program
Must present ad at time of appointment. Expires 1/31/2013
YOUR INITIAL VISIT WILL INCLUDE:
✓ A private consultation with the doctor. ✓ X-rays, if necessary. ✓ A thorough spinal examination including orthopedic & neurological test.
✓ A confidential report of our findings. ✓An explanation of our treatment procedure if we determine chiropractic can help you.
✓A REFERRAL TO THE PROPER SPECIALIST IF WE DETERMINE CHIROPRACTIC CAN’T HELP YOU.
CHIROPRACTIC HEALTH and WELLNESS CENTER The Jazzercisers who will perform this high-energy routine are not professional dancers. They come from all walks of life - teachers, doctors, nurses, secretaries, business owners and parents. The driving force behind this performance - in addition to the excitement of performing in front of thousands of people at Toyota Center - is raising money to benefit The Pink Ribbons Project. In the past year, Jazzercise has raised $30,000 for the Pink Ribbons Project and over $330,000 over the past ten years to benefit this worthy cause. They are expected to raise thousands more in years to come.
Honor Martin Luther King, Jr. with Service January 21, 2013 will mark the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. federal holiday. This milestone is a perfect opportunity for Americans to honor Dr. King’s legacy through service. The MLK Day of Service empowers individuals, strengthens communities, bridges barriers, creates solutions to social problems and moves us closer to Dr. King’s vision of a beloved community. Why Serve on MLK Day of Service? Dr. King believed in a nation of freedom and justice for all and encouraged all citizens to live up to the purpose and potential of America by applying the principles of nonviolence to make this country a better place to live - creating the Beloved Community. The MLK Day of Service is a way to transform Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.’s life and teachings into community action that helps solve social problems. That service may meet a tangible need or it may meet a need of the spirit. On this day, Americans of every age and background celebrate Dr. King through service projects that strengthen communities, empower individuals, bridge barriers and create solutions.
• WEST HOUSTON ITALIAN CLUB, 3rd Fridays, 7:00 PM, Cy-Fair VFD Admin building, 9630 Telge Road. Everyone invited whether Italian heritage or not. For more information, call Hank Berti, 281-858-1944. • Bear Creek Brit’s, (Serving the Westside) If interested, please phone Cath at 281-395-6701. • National Council of Jewish Women meets on the third Tuesday of the month at 7:30 PM. For info, call Leda 713-572-9924 or email@example.com • Bear Creek Genealogy Society - meets the 2nd Thursday of each month, September-May, from 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM, at the Bear Creek Park Community Center, 3055 Bear Creek Dr. Houston TX 77084. Contact: Gary at 281-398-0333, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or Alan at 281-579-0480, email Leeds3@swbell.net • Sam Houston Chapter - Sons of the Republic of Texas, 3rd Saturdays except April, 12 Noon, The Briar Club, 2603 Timmons Lane, www.samhoustonchapter.tripod.com, 713-647-0570 or 713-352-0993. • SONS OF UNION VETERANS OF THE CIVIL WAR, 2nd Tuesdays, (except January & August), dinner at 7:00 PM, The Spaghetti Warehouse in Downtown Houston (901 Commerce at Travis, 281-859-7125, email email@example.com or www.txsuv.org/Lea/Index. • ROBERT RANKIN CHAPTER TEXAS SONS OF THE AMERICAN REVOLUTION - Meets 2nd Wednesday of each month (except June & July), 6:30 PM at Spring Creek Barbecue on Hwy 6 close to West Little York. Visitors are always welcome! • Commemorative Air Force West Houston Squadron - visit to see our WWII Aircraft and tour our WWII Museum on the first and third Saturdays of each month from 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM, located at the West Houston Airport just east of Barker Cypress on Groschke Rd. (For detailed directions go to: www.westhoustonsqdn.org) • CIVIL WAR REENACTING, - Enlist with Company C, “The Palmer Guards,” of the First Texas - call 281-579-3417 or visit www.texasbrigade.org Select 1st Texas and then Co C. • Civil War Fife and Drum Corp, If interested, please contact Mus. C.C. Lyman at 281-797-1275. • Tejas Chapter Daughters of the American Revolution - For more info., please contact Lori Walters at 281- 491-2673.
• CYPRESS, TEXAS NSCAR SOCIETY - For info, visit www.nscar.org or contact Melinda Sims, Organizing Senior Society President, 281856-2536 or email firstname.lastname@example.org • ELISHA ROBERTS CHAPTER, DAUGHTERS OF THE AMERICAN REVOLUTION - meets 3rd Thursday of each month at 7 PM at Backyard Grill, (9453 Jones Road). For more info, email Cheryl Partney, at email@example.com • AMERICAN LEGION POST 324 - meets every second Sunday of the month. For more info., please contact Jimmy Baughman at 281-256-6824.
UNIVERSITY ALUMNI CLUBS, PARENT EVENTS
• ZTA Houston West Alumnae group - meets every month. For info, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org • NW Houston Alpha Delta Pi Alumni Group, Meetings 3rd Tuesdays, Kelly Hammons, 281-463-4242 for more info.. • AGGIE MOMS, 2nd Tuesdays, 7:00 PM, Houston Distributing Company, Inc 7100 High Life Drive, Houston, TX 77066 just off Cutten Road and West of Beltway 8 and between 1960 & Hwy. 249, www.nwhcaggiemoms.com or email Robin Galvin - President, at email@example.com • Northwest Harris County Tri Delta Alumnae - meet on a monthly basis in the Northwest Harris County Area. We are a diverse group of ladies representing many schools nationwide. For more information, please contact Patsy at 281-370-8516 or Karen at firstname.lastname@example.org • Laureate Theta Pi Chapter of Beta Sigma Phi - meets the 2nd and 4th Mondays. For more info., contact Pat at 281-371-2786 or Judy at 281-347-6753. • NW Harris County Tri Delta Alumnae - meets on the second Tuesday of every month September - April. For more info., please contact Karen at email@example.com
A Company Awarded with an A+ Rating
We want to EARN your business!
No Diagnostics Fee...No Service Fee
Cannot be combined with any other oﬀer, special, or coupon.
Cannot be combined with any other oﬀer, special, or coupon.
* Mul ple unit discounts on same home.
COMMUNITY INTEREST GROUPS POLITICAL INTEREST GROUPS: • CY-FAIR REPUBLICAN WOMEN, 2nd Tuesdays, at Carraba’s Copperfield starting at 10:30 AM, website at www.cfrw.net • Cy-Fair Area Democratic Club, 1st Thursdays, 6:30 - 9 PM, Goode Company BBQ, 20102 Northwest Freeway, www.cyfairdems.org • Cypress-Tomball Democrats, third Wednesday of every month. For more info., contact Olga Moya at firstname.lastname@example.org
& WOOD ROT REPLACEMENT PR O MPT - RELIABLE - AFFORDABLE - SINCE 1993
LIONS CLUBS: • Houston Cy-Fair Lions Club, 2nd and 4th Tuesdays, 7:00 PM, at the Lions Den inside Bane Park, at West Little York near Gessner. We have a catered meal each meeting. Bud Casey, 281-469-5555 or Sandra Martin 281-550-2798. KIWANIS/ROTARY CLUBS: • BEAR CREEK/COPPERFIELD ROTARY CLUB, Thursdays, 12 Noon, Carrabba’s Italian Restaurant at 7540 Highway 6 North. Paula Allen - 281-855-9664. • Bear Creek-Copperfield Rotary flag project - Please call Darlene at 281-463-4296 for info. On having flags set up, take down and store flags for the major flag holidays. • Cy-Fair Rotary Club - meets each Monday, at 12:00 noon, at Carl’s Bar-B-Que located at 21920 Highway 290 West, in Cypress, Texas. For further information, contact Justin Lindstrom at 281-493-1141. • CY-FAIR KIWANIS CLUB, Hearthstone Country Club, 12:15 PM 1:15 PM (cost of lunch is $10). John Carroll, 281-463-0373; George Crowl, 832-467-1998 or Peggy Presnell, 281-304-7127 for more info and meeting dates. TOASTMASTERS: • TALK-OF-THE-TOWN TOASTMASTERS, Tuesdays, 6:30 PM, DeVry University (Room 1160), 11125 Equity Drive, Houston TX, 77041. Use Clay Road exit off West Beltway 8, Eddie, 713-408-6751, email@example.com or Thilippe Letellier, 713-857-8595. • FOUNDRY TOASTMASTERS, Thursdays, 7:15 PM - 8:30 PM, Foundry United Methodist Church, 8350 Jones Road, 713-466-3400.
Interior & Exterior Painting • Storm Damage Repair Siding Replacement • Custom Woodwork Extensive References • Free Estimates Will Meet or Beat Competitor’s Prices • Satisfaction Guaranteed www.VictoryPaintingTx.com • Victor@VictoryPaintingTx.com
YDR SERVICES Free es! mat Esti
LAWN & LANDSCAPE
Se star rvice tin $ 22. g at 99
• LAWN AERATION New! • LAWN DETHATCHING • LAWN MAINTENANCE Maidservice & House Cleaning • LANDSCAPE DESIGN “I Will Meet Or Beat Any Written • YARD CLEAN-UPS Estimate!!!” GRASS • BED MULCHING $139 • SPRINKLERS INSTALLED LI#8966 • PONDS/PATIOS Per Pallet Installed
For all of your plumbing needs, call... One call dOes it
Low Price Guarantee Licensed and Insured
Any job over $95
• Water Heaters • Drain Problems • Faucet Installation and Repair • Water Leaks and Much More • Gas Test Copperfield Resident
• Park 10 Talkers Toastmasters Club, every Thursday, 11:45 AM, NACE, 1440 South Creek Dr, 281-228-6287 or www. toastmasters.org • Easy Risers Toastmasters Club, Tuesdays, 7:00-8:00 AM, Fulbright Tower, 1301 McKinney, downtown Houston, conf room 2739! Ed Young: firstname.lastname@example.org • Cy-Fair Superspeakers, meets every Monday at 6:45 to 8:00 PM at the MET Family Life Center, 11403 Regency Green Drive, Cypress, TX 77429. For more info., www.cyfairsuperspeakers.org or call 832-523-4808. • Phoenix Risers Toastmasters - meets on the 2nd and 4th Saturday each month at the University of Phoenix building between Kirkwood and Wilcrest on Katy Freeway. For further info, email Phoenix Risers@Phoenix.edu. • SPEAKERS CONNECTION - meets at 9110 Rodney Ray Blvd., “The Castle” in Rolling Fork Subdivision. For more info., contact either Alfredo Barriga at 281-374-7834 or Jude Wiggins 713-466-3400 or visit our website at http://speakersconnection.org BUSINESS/NETWORKING: • West Houston International Assoc. of Administrative Professionals, fourth Tuesday of each month at Embassy Suites Huston - Energy Corridor at 11730 Katy Freeway (N. side of I10 - Kirkwood Exit). (Caroline Champness CPS/CAP caroline. email@example.com). • Business Networking Group, Tuesdays, 7:00 AM, Holiday Inn, Hwy. 6 and I-10. 713-515-2998. • WEST NORTHWEST SMALL BUSINESS NETWORK, Tuesdays, 7:00 AM, Sterling Bank, 6985 Highway 6 North. Leslie Lawson 281-345-1825 or visit www.dgurka.com for more info. • CY-FAIR EXPRESS NETWORK - held from 11:30 AM to 1:00 PM, the fourth Thursdays of the month, at Sterling National Golf Club, 16500 Houston National Blvd., Houston, Texas 77095. For cost and reservation info., www.cyfen.org or contact Melanie Hugele at 281-989-3190. • 290 CYPRESS BUSINESS NETWORKING GROUP - Meets every Thursday, at Cypress Station Grill (located at 26010 Hempstead Road - on the corner of Hempstead Road and Spring Cypress), at 7:30 AM. • ABWA west houston network - meets the second Thursday of each month, 11:30 AM – 1:00 PM, at the Marriott Energy Corrridor. For more info. or to RSVP, visit our website at www.whenabwa.org.
C. Paul Shubert, P.C. Certified Public Accountant
Income Tax Preparation
• IndIvIduals • CorporatIons • partnershIps • estates
Weekend and Evening Appointments Available
4654 Hwy. 6 N. Suite 101 January 2013
• HOUSTON ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS - National Country Club, at 11:30 AM, located at 16500 Houston National Golf Club, in Stonegate subdivision. Contact Gayla Skates for additional information firstname.lastname@example.org SENIORS: • C.A.P.S. HELPING AREA SENIORS, The Fifty Plus group meets Thursdays, 9:30 AM, 281-469-0730. • BEAR CREEK AARP, 3rd Thursdays, 12:00 PM for pot luck luncheon, Bear Creek Community Center, Bear Creek Drive and Patterson Road, 281-550-6359. • AARP CY-FAIR CHAPTER #4543, 3rd Tuesdays, 9:30AM, Village on the Park, 12012 Steepleway Blvd, Paul Morgan at 281-807-9118. • National Active & Retired Federal Employees (NARFE), Cypress Chapter. Contact info: Mary Bianche, 281-746-2742. Accepting charter members. MISC COMMUNITY GROUPS: • CWC - meets the first Thursday of most months at West Houston Church of Christ. Our meetings begin with social time and refreshments at 7:00 PM immediately followed by a program at 7:30 PM. For more info., contact email@example.com • METRO free ride-matching service, www.ridemetro.org/ ridepro. Click on the Register button to create an account to enter your home address, your work address, your schedule and your contact info. (don’t worry, your exact home address is hidden). • Commute Solutions, programs like STAR Vanpool, Flexible Work Schedules, transit information and NuRide visit www.commutesolutionshouston.org or call 832-681-2589. • La-fundacion.net - is a 501(c)(3) Tax Exempt Nonprofit Foundation whose mission is to provide Technology and Education to those being left behind by the Info. Age. For more info., call 713460-5544, write to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our web page at www.la-fundacion.net • bear creek community center – 281-859-1566, www.pct3.hctx.net • BP Partners - Local organization for the spouses and partners of BP employees. Monthly activities. For membership info., contact Phyllis Crouch at email@example.com or www.bppartnershouston.com • Cypress Creek EMS (CCEMS), offers American Heart Association (AHA) CPR courses at its Education Center located at 7111 Five Forks, Spring, Texas. To schedule a course for formal AHA certification you can call CCEMS at 281-378-0800.
CHAMPION APPLIANCE SERVICE "Family Owned & Operated"
REFRIGERATORS • FREEZERS • WASHERS • DRYERS • RANGES • OVENS - MICROWAVES • DISHWASHERS • DISPOSALS
■ ALL MAKES ■ ALL MODELS NO SERVICE CHARGE WITH REPAIR Senior Citizen Discount
"THE CHAMPION OF APPLIANCE REPAIR"
Happy New Year from ...
Jatinder Judge, DMD • Amandeep Judge, DDS
H IG H W AY 6
Serving the Copperfield area for over 7 years. COMPLETE COSMETIC AND RESTORATIVE DENTISTRY We accept most insurance plans. Hrs. by Appointment, Saturdays Available
• Crown & Bridge • Oral Surgery • Orthodontics • Root Canal Therapy • Treatment for Gum Disease • Cosmetic Dentistry • Dentures • Veneers • Nitrous Available Upon Request
NEW PATIENT EXAM OR
Adult Exam Incl: New Patient Exam, 4 Bite-wing Xrays & Basic Cleaning. Child Exam (12 years & under) Incl: New Patient Exam, 4 Bite-wing Xrays, Basic Child Cleaning & Fluoride treatment. Not in Conjunction With Other Offers. (Not Applicable With Insurance Plans) Expires 2/15/13
With Free Take Home Bleaching Kit. Some Restrictions Apply. Expires 2/15/13
Senior Discount Available Children Welcome (6 mos. & up)
• HARRIS COUNTY MASTER GARDENER - Generally meet on the first Tuesday of the month. For more info., call 281-855-5600 or visit http://harris,agrilife.org/hort • Spring Branch African Violet Club - meets the second Saturday of each month, (Jan. through Nov.), at 10:30 AM at the Copperfield Baptist Church, 8350 Highway 6 North, Houston, Texas 77095. Call 713-462-4257 to confirm meeting date and time. For more info: www.orgsites.com/tx/sbavc • Cypress Creek Lakes Garden Club - a nonprofit group, meets the second Monday (September-May), from 7-9 PM. For more information, see blog spot at www.cypresscreeklakesgc.blogspot. com or email firstname.lastname@example.org • THE BLUEBONNET STENCILERS OF TEXAS, 1st Mondays, 6:30 - 9 PM, Tracy Gee Community Center, 3599 Westcenter, 281-3702005. • PRIDE OF TEXAS DECORATIVE ARTISTS, 2nd Thursdays, 6:30 PM, Bear Creek Comm. Center (Patterson Rd. in Bear Creek Park), 281-492-0246. • WEST HOUSTON QUILT GUILD, 3rd Wednesdays, 7:00 PM, Bear Creek Community Center, 3055 Bear Creek Dr. Houston, TX 77084. For more info., check our website at www.whqg.org • The Tri-County Quilt Guild - meets the 1st Tuesday of every month, at 7 PM till 9 PM, at Fairfield Baptist Church off 290 and Muescke Rd. Check out the website for more information www. tricountyquiltguild.org • MOCKINGBIRD SMOCKING GUILD, 2nd Tuesdays, 7:00 - 9:00 PM, JoAnn’s Fabrics, Willowbrook, 281-859-6031. • 40 Something, 2nd Saturdays, 6:30 PM, Denny’s, located at Kieth Harrow and Highway 6. Sandy, 281-858-7833 or JoAnn, 281-550-8162. • BUNCO FOR FUN, Looking for players to formulate a Bunco Club. For info., call 281-682-1750 or send an email to: email@example.com • MONTHLY BUNCO GROUP, meets once a month and the cost is only $5. If you’re interested in joining or want more information you may email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 281-859-5577.
1 HR(REG. IN-OFFICE $650)
GS FA MILY DENTISTRY
H U F F M EIS TER R D .
Where your comfort is our priority!
AD D ICKS S ATS U M A
15003 FM 529 Ste. G, Houston, TX 77095 (Located next to Popeyes)
145 (REG. $325)
Includes Consultation and X-ray Not in Conjunction with Other Offers Expires 2/15/13
• MAH JONGG PLAYERS NEEDED, We love to play days, evenings or weekends (western version with card). Contact me for details: email@example.com • ANYONE UP FOR PLAYING PINOCHLE? For info., please call Lillian @ 281-682-1750 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org • WORKING SINGLE WOMAN Looking for single women 45+ for a singles group. If you are interested please email me at email@example.com • Sounds of Cypress Band come out for practice on Tuesday nights at 7 PM at the Lone Star College College-CyFair campus in the Fine Arts Building. For more info., email the director, DeeDee Flores at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 713-410-8051.
• LA LECHE LEAGUE breastfeeding support group – at St Elizabeth Ann Seton Catholic Community, 6646 Addicks, the second Tuesday of the month, 10:00 AM. For further info., please call the Houston Area LLL Helpline at 713-383-2819 or visit www.LLLHouston.org • Bear Creek Baptist MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) - Bear Creek Baptist Church, 5901 N Fry Road - 2nd and 4th Fridays 9:30 – 11:30 AM – 281-304-6778. • good shepherd (MOPS) - meets at Good Shepherd on the 2nd and 4th Friday mornings of the month during the school year. Please contact Renate Wheeler now at 281-246-4396 or email: email@example.com for info. • bear creek umc mops - Meets the 2nd and 4th Thursday of the month, 9:30-11:30 AM. Located at 16000 Rippling Water Dr., Houston, TX 77084. For more information, cal 281-463-2330 or visit www.bearcreekumc.org • Second Baptist MOPS- West Campus - Free childcare. For more info, call Laurie at 713-465-3408 x 1105. • METMOPS, Mother’s of Preschoolers - meets either the 1st and 3rd Friday mornings or the 2nd and 4th Friday mornings, from 9:15 - 11:45 AM. Childcare is provided with registration. www.metmops.org
• Copperfield MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers)- Meets the 2nd and 4th Monday of the month, from 9:30 – 12 noon. Childcare is provided with registration. Contact Denise Menger at firstname.lastname@example.org or 713-385-8078 for more info. Operated by Master Plumbers • MOMS IN TOUCH INTERNATIONAL Go to www.MomsInTouch.org or contact Dana Grindal at 281MLP19029 374-0892; email email@example.com • MOMS IN PRAYER MEETINGS FOR WARNER ELEMENTARY & FUTURE ELEMENTARY #53 - will meet • Quality Work from 9:30-10:30 AM. At this time, there is no childcare available. Please contact, Christa Freyhof, at at Reasonable Rates firstname.lastname@example.org for location information and additional info. • All Phases of Plumbing rd • Moms In Motion/Heritage Presb. Church, 7934 N. Hwy. 6, 3 Thurs. 7:30 pm, www.mimhouston.org • Faucets/Toilets • Texas Early Childhood Intervention 1-800-250-2246 or www.dars.state.tx.us/ecis/. • Garbage Disposals • PARENTS WITHOUT PARTNERS, www.parentswithoutpartners.org or Parent with Partners Greater • Water Heaters Houston Chapter #63 at www.pwphouston.org or Barbara 281-469-5646. • Drain & Sewer Cleaning • Childcare Professionals of Houston - meets on the 4th Tuesday of each month, at the Bear Creek Community Center. For info, please call 832-593-6656. • Sewer Line Video Camera • WEST HOUSTON HOME EDUCATORS, INC. 2nd Tuesdays, 7:00 PM, Cypress Family Fellowship Church, • Gas Tests and Repairs 17330 W. Little York, 281-500-6089, email email@example.com or www.whhe.org • Pipe Repairs • International Moms Club, go to www.momsclub.org for one closest to you • MOTHERS OF YOUNG CHILDREN (MYC) - Mothers of Young Children is designed to minister to families • 7 Days a week with young children throughout our community. For more information, check out our web site at www. e • 24 Hour Service stcuthbert.org or call the church office at 281-463-7330. • 27 Years Experience y • Northwest Houston Mothers of Multiples (NWHMOM) - meets at 7 PM, the third Thursday of every month, at the Coles Crossing subdivision clubhouse, 13050 Barker Cypress in Cypress. For $ info, visit www.nwhmom.org When you mention this ad. • Muslim Mommies of Northwest Houston - provides an Islamic environment for mothers and children to learn, play and socialize. If interested, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org • Mocha Moms, Inc. - serves as an advocate for those stay at home mothers and encourages the spirit of community activism within it’s membership. Visit NWHoustonMochaMoms.webs.com, email * Weedends & Holidays Extra email@example.com or call 281-852-2795. nd • MOMS CLUB OF CYPRESS-NORTH - meetings are the 2 Thursday of every month. For more info., visit www.momsclub.org or contact Stephanie Hvezdos, President, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 713-444-0697 for location, directions or any questions. • Luna Moms Club - is a great group for moms and children to learn, grow and play together, while making new friends! For more info., please contact Ami Almquist at 713-705-3514 or email@example.com Specializing in • MOMS Club of Far Northwest Houston a support network Re-Roofing for stay at home moms who are ready to get out of the house and play! Find out more at our next monthly meeting! For more info., please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or log on to www.momsclub.org “We work as unto • West Houston Medical Center offers FREE Mother and Child Play and Informational Support Group. For info, call 281-588-8065. the Lord” The Doctor’s Center is located at 12121 Richmond Ave. Houston, TX 77082.
Geyer roofinG Ron Geyer
SUPPORT/ HELP GROUPS
• Cypress Assistance Ministries (CAM) - located at 11202 Huffmeister. For a description of all our services please see our web site, www.cypressassistanceministries.com Donations can be made Mon. – Weds. 10 AM - 6 PM and Thurs. – Sat. 10 AM - 3 PM. • BEAR CREEK AL-ANON MEETINGS, Mondays, 8:00 PM, West Houston Church of Christ, Room 207, 17100 West Road. Wednesdays, 8:00 PM, Bear Creek Community Center, Hwy. 6 & Patterson Rd. behind Farm & Ranch Pavilion. Saturdays, 9:00 AM, Heritage Presbyterian Church, 7934 Hwy. 6 N, 713-683-7227 or www.hal-pc.org/`alanonpx. • ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS, If you want to drink, that’s your business; if you want to stop, that’s ours. To find a meeting near you or for other information call: 713-686-6300 or go to www. aahouston.org • W/NW HOUSTON DOWN SYNDROME SUPPORT GROUP, 3rd Thursdays, 7:00 PM, Copperfield Church, ,t 8350 Hwy. 6 N, 281-859-4109 or www.dsah.net • Lyme Disease Support group, Second Saturday of each month, 3:00-5:00 PM , Kindred Hospital cafeteria, 11297 Fallbrook. Teresa Lucher - Contact person: email@example.com • Palmer Drug Abuse Program, Ages 12 – 17, call 281-870-9311 or for ages 17 to 25 call 713-647-8858. • GAMBLERS ANONYMOUS, Hotline at 713-684-6654. Wednesdays, 7:30 PM, Bear Creek Community Center, www.texasga.org
• Kitchens • Bathrooms • Windows / Doors • Floors • Hardi Siding • Rooms Additions • Complete Renovations • Patio Covers Rob Geyer
Visit our website
Four Star Pest Control
Quality Service With An Affordable Price Saturday Appointments for Your Convenience Joe Alvarez...Owner/Operator
Ofﬁce 281-855-9030 Cell 832-654-5339
Weighed in Front of You. ✓ Jewelry NO MAILING REQUIRED Broken, Old & Unwanted ✓ Scrap, Jewelry Welcome..Any Condition GUARNTEE the Highest ✓ We Price by 5%*
10 Convenient Locations Visit our Website!
SILVER & PLATINUM
INSTANT PAYMENT HIGHEST PRICE GUARANTY
WATCHES FREE GIFT
25% MORE CASH With mention of this ad.
"With This Coupon. Not Valid With Any Other Offer. *Written Verifiable Quote On A Letterhead From A Similar Type Of Local Area Competitor Within One Mile Radius With Current Date Required. Valid For Metal Value Only. Limited To 20-DWT Maximum." KRE120112011513 Expires 1/15/13
BEAR CREEK AREA 4978 Hwy. 6 North
HWY 290 AT FM1960 12149 FM 1960 W.
at Kieth Harrow (across from HEB)
(near N. Eldridge)
US 290 @ Tidwell 13482 Northwest Fwy. Houston, TX 77040
US 290@ 34th St. 11200 Northwest Fwy.
(Randall’s Grocer y Center) Houston 77092
KATY 20035 Katy Freeway Katy, TX 77449
WEST OAKS MALL AREA 2808 Hwy. 6 South
at Richmond (in front of Home Depot)
EARN EXTRA CASH
YOU HAVE MANY FRIENDS AROUND YOU ON FACEBOOK, PTA, BOWLING LEAGUE, NEIGHBORS, ETC. YOU CAN CASH IN BY REFERRING THEM TO SELL THEIR GOLD TO US AND YOU
GET PAID FOR IT.
It is very simple 3-STEP process!
✓ Send any number of friends, relatives, neighbors or anyone to We Buy Gold Center. ✓ Anyone can participate. ✓ You will receive a CASH REFERRAL BONUS when the referred person makes a transaction at WBGC. The referring person will get 10% of the transaction.
Cannot be combined with any other offers. One transaction per customer permitted. Customer must meet all the transaction rules. Check will be paid to referring person within 14 days after the transaction at the store location. WBGC reserves the right to mail the check directly to the mailing address on file.
www.WeBuyGoldCenter.com • OVEREATERS ANONYMOUS, Mondays, 6:00 PM, Bear Creek United Methodist Church, 16000 Rippling Water, ROOM Coke #1, 281-345-8319. • TAKE OFF POUNDS SENSIBLY (TOPS) BEAR CREEK CHAPTER, Mondays and Fridays 9:30 AM-11:00 AM, Thomas Glazier Senior Education Center, located at 16600 Pine Forest Lane. www.tops.org • Alzheimer’s Support Group - meets at Cypress UMC on the fourth Thursday of each month, from 7:00 to 8:30 PM, in room W201. For more info, call Marianne Johnson at 281-469-2818. • CANCER COUNSELING at North Cypress Medical Center - at North Cypress Medical Center at 21216 Northwest Freeway, Suite 110, Cypress, TX, 1st floor of the Professional Building. For questions regarding any of our support groups, call Janet Kantenberger, LCSW, at 832-912-3658 or visit www.ncmc-hospital.com • Bear creek MS support group - meets monthly on the Third Saturday, 1 PM - 3 PM, at The Church Without Walls, 5725 Queenston Blvd, Houston, Texas 77083. For more info., contact Paula 281-530-3857 or Alicia 713-394-2971. • Northwest Houston Multiple Sclerosis Support Group, meets the first Thursday of each month at 7:00 PM, at Cy-Fair Professional Building, 11302 Fallbrook near FM1960. Please contact Connie Crocker at 281-373-5860 for information. • Bear Creek Baptist Church divorce Support Group, meets on Sundays, from 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM, at the church campus located at 5901 N. Fry Road @ West Little York. Pre-register by calling Erin Wilkins at 281-859-9900. Childcare will be provided for those registered. • West Houston Aglow Lighthouse, meets monthly on the second Thursday, mornings at 10:00 AM, for bible study, prayer and fellowship. Meetings are held at Deerfield Village Recreation Center, at the intersection of Clay Road and Barker Cypress. For more info., email christinejackson@ peoplepc.com • Food Addicts in Recovery Anonymous (FA), meeting is every Tuesday at 7:00 PM, West Houston Community Center, located at 725 Bateswood, Houston 77079. Our original Houston meeting takes places every week on Sunday at 3:00 PM, at the same location. Call FA at 781-932-6300 or locally 281-392-8914. Visit our website at www.foodaddicts.org
BOY SCOUTS Boy Scout Troop 61 Young men between the ages of 11-18 are encouraged to visit Boy Scout Troop 61 at 7:00 PM Wednesday nights at Peace Community Church, 5151 Addicks Satsuma Road, Houston, Texas, 77084. They will get a hands-on experience of what Scouting has to offer and have the opportunity to visit with the Scouts and their adult leaders to learn more about the things the troop has done during meetings and activities. Scouting activities include camping, fishing, archery, rifle/ shotgun shooting, hiking, first aid, wilderness survival, community service, citizenship, swimming, leadership, white-water rafting and much more. Troop 61 camps each month and has a group that goes to High Adventure Camp and to Merit Badge Camps each summer. Boy Scout Troop 61 meets from 7:00 to 8:00 PM every Wednesday in the Activity Room at Peace Community Church. Contact Mike Viator with Troop 61 if your son is interested in joining a local Boy Scout Troop. Cell: 713-4091934, firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOMESCHOOL PACK 164 Cub Scouts is a fun way to teach boys about character, respect, responsibility and many other traits. Pack 164 is a Christian, home school Cub Scout Pack that services the Greater West Houston/Katy area. Pack 164 promotes service to God, to country and to others. If you are interested and your son is entering 1st through 5th grade, please contact “Van” VanZant at 281-851-8374 or at email@example.com . We will also have an informational meeting and registration Thursday, August 16th at 7 PM at the Bear Creek Community Center.
Why would you talk to any other Realtor?
Before you list with another agent, before you sign with a builder, let this Bear Creek resident with 24 years of experience help get you TOP DOLLAR for your home. You can’t buy or sell what experience teaches. Call me today with your REAL ESTATE NEEDS.
WEST HOUSTON PROFESSIONALS
www.cherylku.remaxtexas.com 7825 Hwy. 6 N., Suite 112, Houston, TX 77095 281-463-3300
How to Contact Krenek Printing Free to non-profit organizations.
NEWS ARTICLES DEADLINE: 10th of preceding month.
Get the word out!
Visit the web site to post your ad.
DEADLINE: 10th of preceding month.
mail, fax or email: CLASSIFIED@KRENEKPRINTING.COM Affordable advertising across Katy & Hwy 6.
DEADLINE:12th of preceding month.
ADS@KRENEKPRINTING.COM (281) 463-8649 fax (281) 463-2425
Get prices online or call us 8:30a - 5p. 7102 Glen Chase Ct. Houston, TX 77095
Fisher Price playhouse w/ swingset, speedy-slide, excellent condition, $345. 305-582-1322. Full size pool table in excellent condition. Also has a top you can lay on top to play table tennis. Paid $2,000, sell for $1,000. 832-217-5208. Crib, $90, like new; White GE Hotpoint, 17 cubic refrigerator, with icemaker, top freezer, $175; Amana Dish Washer $150; early 19th century antique American fall front desk, $3800 OBO; antique American federal gaming table, fold top with swing leg, $2950 OBO. Call 281-550-0110. Nordic Track Skier, an American classic exerciser for 34 years! Its smooth natural motioning delivers an all-body, cardio workout that is easy on the knees and back. Has several resistance levels for the arms and legs to vary the workout. No motor to break down, will last indefinitely. $225 OBO. 281-463-6989. GE front load washer and gas dryer for sale. Excellent condition, 3 years old, $550 for the pair. Please call 281-216-2708.
Properties sold through Cheryl Kuhn over
6233 Mountain Pines, 6211 Sunny Ridge, 8431 Sunny Ridge, 8435 Sunny Ridge, 15731 Fox Springs, 5118 Pine Cliff, 15910 Tumbling Rapids, 7306 Crystal Glen, 15911 Tumbling Rapids, 15719 Creekhaven, 5346 Pine Cliff, 15602 Laurel Heights, 15735 Fox Springs, 5211 Crysal Bay, 5367 Prairie Creek,15614 Pagehurst, 19010 Silent Spruce, 5210 Crystal Bay, 6427 Old Hickory, 15710 Fern Basin, 15731 Boulder Oaks, 16027 Rustic Sands, 15809 Rippling Water, 4431 Prairie Meadows, 15923 Pine Mountain, 5214 Crystal Bay, 15603 Rolling Timbers, 5058 Stran Hope, 4715 Hickory Downs.
Ashley leather, double reclining loveseat, like new, $850 OBO; Yamaha portable grand keyboard w/bench seat & stand, barely used, $380 OBO; Dell v313 all-in-one wireless printer, $50; Lexmark 6150 all-in-one printer, $40; 7.5’ prelit Christmas tree, $25; Mission style computer desk w/hutch, $35; Ironman inversion table, brand new, $100 OBO. Call 281-861-8023 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Marcy Home Gym complete with self spotting bench, curling bar, lat-pull pully system & over 200 lbs. of weights. Also a chest-explosion machine & accessories for the pully system. Excellent condition. $325 or $350 delivered assembled. 281-881-6405. Sofa good to very good condition, $250 OBO. email@example.com.
AUTOMOTIVE 1998 BMW 750IL: Moonroof, V8, all possible options, 138K miles, unusually good condition, $4,200. 281-682-7868. 2002 Volvo S60 4-door sedan: black, moonroof, leather, all possible options, fantastic condition, $4,200. 281-682-7868. 2004 Volvo S60 SUV: moonroof, leather, all possible options, fantastic condition, $6,200. 281-682-7868. Hooker super comp headers for 94 – 95 Camaro 350 LT-1, $400 OBO. Call 281-861-8023 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. 2009 Saturn Vue XE - 4 Door, white, FWD, 2.4 Liter, 2 Wheel Drive, 45K miles, clean car fax. One owner, excellent condition, $14,500. Call 281-463-1175. 1985, 18 ½ foot Sea Ray. 165 Mercruiser, $3,000. Comes with accessories. 832-655-4746. 1998 Suzuki 1500 Intruder motorcycle, eggshell on white in color, black leather saddle bags, $3,000. 281-726-4305 Pat.
Accepting donated trophies to support young adults with disabilities. Call Revived Glory Awards at 832-686-7457 or email@example.com. Wanted: Rolex watches for collector. 281-414-3597.
Obstetrical & Gynecological Associates, P.A.
HELP WANTED Do you love decorating? Want to get paid to do it? Patricia Fleming Realty Group is now seeking a Part Time Design/Staging Assistant. Meet interesting people, work close to home with very flexible hours. Hourly pay, plus bonuses. No real estate license required. Call Patricia Fleming at 832-549-5422 for details or email Pattif@aim4cash.com.
Nichole F. Cole, MD • Jennifer Huebner, MD • Amina Sayeed, MD • Obstetrics • Gynecology • Comprehensive Care For Women • Laparoscopic/Endoscopic Minimally Invasive Surgery For an appointment call
www.obgynassociates.com 23920 Katy Freeway , Ste. 480 Memorial Hermann Medical Plaza One
Hate eating veggies? Acts like a salad; Tastes like dessert. Only ! day $4 a
• Lose Weight • Reduce Cravings • Increase energy & stamina • Promotes healthy digestion & regularity • Lower cholesterol
Would you be pleased to earn $1,000 commission on a $1,295 sale and sell a product with a $15,000 value. Work from home. Be your own boss. Huge Demand. F/T & P/T. Not MLM. Contact Cynthia at 866-919-4439. Katy area child care in need of part time and full time childcare providers. Contact Mrs. Dana, 281-394-5437. Cooking and cleaning help needed for childcare center. Part-time or full-time available. No experience necessary, must pass background check. Call 281-550-8811 for more information. Sales persons wanted to sell Replacement Windows and Window coverings. Ownership opportunity available. Call Replacement Windows of Katy at 281-392-5353. Enjoy Golf and the outdoors? Hole in One Challenge, a national par 3 company, is seeking sales representatives to promote a par 3 contest on local golf courses. A portion of all sales will help support programs offered to young people through The First Tee. Work a 5 hour shift - approximately 8:00 AM to 1:00 PM (weekends with occasional weekdays). $10 per hour plus commission after reaching minimum sales goal. Daily pay. Positions are available immediately. Must be able to pass drug test. Please contact Larry Wilkerson 281-758-4282. Visit www.holeinonechallenge.com Manta Ray Enterprises, Inc. (MRE, Inc.) is always in search of highly motivated Real Estate Agents who’s core values that are aligned with that of the Broker’s. You are not expected to have the exact know-how when you start. But open minded and willing to learn from a TREC-MCE Instructor with over 28 years experience on leasing and working with property management with single family homes & condos. MRE, Inc. will guide you on the proper forms to use. Broker will provide a oneon-one support to any Real Estate Agent willing and wanting to learn more. MRE, Inc. will assist you to better serve your clients/customers/investors with sales, leases and property management. MRE, Inc. has been recognized and involved with Katy ISD, Community Education for more than 23 years at Taylor High School in Katy. MRE, Inc. offers incentive packages along with additional Real Estate knowledge. For more information and to get started on your new career today; please contact the Broker, “Tisha” Matticks, at firstname.lastname@example.org . Now hiring security officers, part time/full time. No experience necessary. Retirees welcome. All shifts available. Accepting applications Monday - Thursday, 8 AM - 11 AM. Located at 1035 Dairy Ashford, Suite 225, Houston, Texas 77079. Phone: 281-759-1010. Martial Arts USA is hiring qualified Tae Kwon Do Black Belts with WTF certification, over 18 years of age, background checks and interviews will be conducted. Contact Master Shin or Master An at 281463-9333 or email YoungAn@cyfairtkd.com. Location, 17121 West Rd. Suite 200 Houston TX 77095.
Have questions? Email email@example.com
Now Hiring! Do you love children? Small private preschool is now accepting applications. Must be dependable and energetic. Will train. Must have copy of High School Diploma or GED and copy of Social Security Card. Apply in person to 16618 Clay Road, Suite 400. 281-656-2273.
ROOK’S AC & Heating 281-861-8052
40 18 Point A/C or Heat Special
REPAIR • REPLACE ANY DOOR • ANYTIME • ANYWHERE
FREE 1st lb. Freon 1/2 Priced Condenser Coil Cleaning
HEAT ey 28
1 Yr. Warranty On Parts Changed We Value Your Business All Brands Serviced Local Neighborhood Company Free 2nd Opinions Fast Personalized Service
We Will Heat & Cool Your Castle!
DOOR DOCTOR 281-591-0834
Visit us @ www.doordoctor.us
ALL MAJOR CREDIT CARDS ACCEPTED
47 YEARS EXPERIENCE
Highway 290 at Huffmeister | 21214 Northwest Freeway | www.NCMC-Hospital.com North Cypress Medical Center Is A Doctor Owned, Patient Centered Healthcare Institution.
The Pediatric Dentist of Katy is looking for a highly motivated Registered Dental Assistant. Our Pediatric Dental practice is located at 24022 Cinco Village Center Blvd., Suite 210 in Katy. Our office hours are Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 8 AM to 5 PM, with lunch from 12-1 PM. On Fridays we are open from 7:30 AM to 3 PM. Please bring by your resume in person. Housekeepers needed. Great hours for mom’s with school age children. 281-861-0394. Position available for an experienced hair stylist with a great attitude and good clientele. Benefits available. Call Images Hair Studio at 281-256-2286. Dental Assistant needed, at least 2 years of experience, must be state licensed. 281-550-0900.
Free to loving home: Mature Chihuahua needs a mature human, she is 10 yrs. old with a lot of spunk yet. Please, no other dogs or young children. Serious inquiries only. 281-859-7069.
LOST & FOUND
FOUND: 8GB SanDisk, looks like a disk that you would use in a camera and has files with pictures of a proposal, engagement photos and wedding photos.The wedding photos look like the wedding was up north. Call 713-545-8245.
TIMESHARES/VACATION HOMES Timeshare: rent a lovely condo for a full week in Hawaii. Sleeps 4, fully stocked kitchen. What else needs to be said... It’s Hawaii! $795. For information contact Cheryl at 281-855-7427. Las Vegas Timeshare - On the Strip near the airport, sleeps 4, full kitchen, dining & living; jacuzzi in room, 2 TV’s/2 Phones, 2 pools outside building, fitness room, washer/dryer/safe in room, 4 days $355 - 7 days $500. No added fees. Cheryl 281-543-2409.
Dental assistant position available. F/T, nonsmoker, experienced preferred, knowledge of Dentrix software and bilingual a plus. Must be state licensed; Front desk receptionist, bilingual preferred. Fax resume to: 281-861-7174. Or call 281-861-7500.
Vacation home for rent: Hill country vacation home, Cedar Creek Cabin, new 2/2 with loft, fully furnished, huge front porch, satellite TV, beautiful views, abundant wildlife, Frio River at Concan near Garner State Park, sleeps 8. Call 866-7CON-CAN or go to www.frioman.com for more information.
Applications being accepted at Salon Picasso Studios. Lease/commission. 281-861-9911.
Due to the amount of space involved and the response of those wishing to publish a Novena to St. Jude, a Novena to St. Jude will be published along with a list of initials of those wishing to publish one. We are sorry, but we cannot make exceptions. $5 Charge for each Novena per area. Please specify which area you would your Novena to appear in. - Krenek Printing.
Residential Electrician(s): Journeyman or helper/apprentice. Have experience, references & contact info. ready, beginners last employment info. Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. About Hair Salon and Day Spa is seeking experienced stylists. Apply in person 15422 FM 529, Houston, TX 77095.
NOVENA TO ST. JUDE May the Sacred Heart of Jesus be adored, glorified, loved and preserved throughout the world, now and forever. Sacred Heart of Jesus have mercy on us. St. Jude, worker of miracles, pray for us. St. Jude helper of the hopeless, pray for us. Say Novena 9 times a day for 9 days. It has never been known to fail. Publication must be promised. Thank you St. Jude – GVP
Happy Maid Service More Than Just A Cleaning Service
• We furnish all supplies • Bonded • Excellent Referral • Services start at $75 • Also available Spring Cleanings • Make Ready - Move in and Move out
First Time Customers
DR CONSTRUCTION Home Repair and Handyman Services
• Carpentry • Decks • Patio Covers • Flooring • Fences
• Windows & Doors • Sheetrock Repair • Ceiling Fans/Light Fixtures • Roof Repair & Flashing
• Painting (Interior & Exterior) • Solar Shades • Sunroom Repair • Retractable Awnings
Stone Gate Resident • Insured
Call David for a FREE Estimate
• References Available
Be Safe! Service Your Heater Today!
281-347-2665 nd Free estimate or 2 opinion Air Conditioning Contractors of America
• Annual Maintenance Programs • All repairs guaranteed • Serving area since 1994
License TACLB 24777E and Insured
$25 off any repair
Duct Inspection with tune-up Expires 1/31/13
financing available WAC
IdealAirServices.com DISCLAIMER: Articles and ads in this newsletter express the opinions of their authors and do not necessarily reflect to opinions of Krenek Printing Co. or its employees. Krenek Printing is not responsible for the accuracy of any facts stated in articles submitted by others. The publisher also assumes no responsibility for the advertising content with in this publication. All warranties and representations make in the advertising content are solely that of the advertiser and any such claims regarding its content should be taken up with the advertiser. The publisher assumes no liability with regard to its advertisers for misprints or failure to place advertising in this publication except for the actual cost of such advertising. Although every effort is taken to avoid mistakes and/or misprints in this publication the publisher assumes no responsibility for any errors of information or typographical mistakes, except as limited to the cost of advertising as stated above or in the case of misinformation, a printed retraction/correction. Under no circumstances shall the publisher be held liable for incidental or consequential damages, inconvenience, loss of business or services, or any other liabilities from failure to publish, or from failure to publish in a timely manner, except as limited to liabilities stated above. Published by: KRENEK PRINTING CO. 7102 Glen Chase Ct., Houston, TX. 77095 281-463-8649 news @krenekprinting.com
White Christmas Chili
INGREDIENTS 4 skinned and boned chicken breast halves 5 cups water 1 large onion, chopped and divided 2 tablespoons butter or margarine 2 celery ribs, chopped (about 1/3 cup) 3 (16-ounce) cans great Northern beans, rinsed, drained, and divided 3 (4.5-ounce) cans chopped green chiles 1 cup canned chicken broth 1 teaspoon ground cumin 1 bay leaf 1 teaspoon salt 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro Toppings: tortilla chips, shredded Colby-Jack cheese, salsa, sour cream INSTRUCTIONS Place chicken, 5 cups water, and half of onion in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat, and cook 15 to 18 minutes or until chicken is tender. Remove chicken, reserving broth in Dutch oven. Cut chicken into bite-size pieces; set aside. Melt butter in a skillet; add celery and remaining onion, and sauté until tender. Stir chicken, celery mixture, 2 cans beans, and next 6 ingredients into broth in Dutch oven, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, and cook 1 hour, stirring frequently, until thickened. Process remaining 1 can beans in a blender until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides. Stir bean puree into chili. Remove and discard bay leaf; stir in cilantro just before serving with desired toppings. YIELD: Makes 6 to 8 servings PREPARATION TIME: 10 min. COOKING TIME: Cook: 1 hr., 30 min.
INGREDIENTS 1/2 cup butter cups white cornmeal mix 2 1 cup all-purpose flour tablespoons sugar 2 2 large eggs 2 cups buttermilk INSTRUCTIONS Melt butter in a 13- x 9-inch pan in a 425° oven for 5 minutes.Stir together white cornmeal mix and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Tilt pan to coat with butter, and pour butter into cornmeal mixture, stirring well. Pour cornmeal mixture into hot pan. Bake at 425° for 30 minutes or until golden brown. YIELD: Makes 1 (13- x 9-inch) pan cornbread PREPARATION TIME: 10 min. COOKING TIME: Bake: 30 min.
HUNTER’S PARK COMMUNITY ASSOCIATION
Officers Gayle Minto - President Judy VanDyke Amy Matthias Shelly Schmitz - Treasurer Terry Martin - Secretary/Assistant Treasurer Legal Counsel - Michael Gainer
Please call HPCA OFFICE at 281-463-1216 to reach a board member.
PURPOSE OF HUNTER’S PARK COMMUNITY ASSOCIATION Hunter’s Park Community Association handles the financial and legal affairs of the subdivision. Each lot owner is required to pay an annual maintenance fee which is used to pay street lights; pay taxes on and maintain the common areas, such as the swimming pools, tennis courts, etc.; pay for security; and pay legal expenses incurred to enforce the deed restrictions. The Board meets every other month at 6:30 p.m. in the meeting room at the community building. Residents are welcome to attend. Anyone wishing to place an item on the agenda should call the HPCA office in advance. The Annual Meeting of Members is held on the 4th Thursday of January. Members hold three year staggered terms and are elected. The election process is as follows: 1) Mail in ballots will be mailed out with the Annual Maintenance fee statements. 2) Voting in person will begin on the 1st Monday after the Annual Meeting ending on the following Saturday at 7pm.
Office Phone: 281 463-1216 Office Hrs: 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Mon- Fri. Closed Weekends and Major Holidays HPCA employs two workers to provide coverage for the office. Every effort is made to have one of the two employees in the office at all times. Occasionally business of the association may require us to be out of the office for a short period of time. If we are out of the office when you call or if you call after hours, please leave a message on the answering machine and your calls will be returned as soon as possible during office hours.
DEED RESTRICTIONS Deed restrictions are strictly enforced by Hunter’s Park Community Association. Copies of the restrictions are available at the association’s office or by mail (call 281 463-1216). Complaint forms are included in every Bear Creek Newsletter for your convenience. The association’s office verifies complaints and writes letters to violators. HPCA will initiate legal action when warranted, to enforce the deed restrictions. ARCHITECTURAL CONTROL You must submit any plans for improvements or modifications of your home to the Hunter’s Park Community Association Office. Your plans will be checked to insure that they comply with the deed restrictions. This includes re-roofing, playforts (8 ft. height limit), temporary storage buildings, etc. Please call the office at 281 463-1216 if you need any additional help or assistance. SECURITY Hunter’s Park Community Association provides additional security currently through a contract with Commissioners Court for four Harris County Constables. HPCA also hires off-duty deputies on an as-needed basis for additional coverage. Please call the Constable’s Office at 281 463-6666 to report any suspicious person, activity or for vacation watch. There is a voluntary $2.00 security contribution on the M.U.D. #6 water bill that goes to each homeowner. The voluntary contributions can only be used to pay for security. This contribution enables HPCA to provide more coverage without raising maintenance fees. Judy - Security Directory - HPCA - (281) 463-1216
Trees, shrubs, brush trimmings and fencing must be bundled in lengths no greater than 4 feet, with no branch diameter exceeding 3 inches. Items that will be picked up, such as: appliances, furniture, carpet (up to 1 room, rolled up four feet wide and less than fifty pounds), cardboard boxes (flattened). Refrigerators and freezers or any other items containing Freon must be drained of Freon and have an accompanying bill to validate such service was performed. Items excluded from normal collection are dirt, rocks, bricks, concrete, tires, batteries, motor oil, cooking oil, waste generated by a private contractor or any materials or items deemed hazardous materials. Do not dispose of these items in a container that is not visible to WCA personnel. If you need a special pickup, please call WCA. Customer Service: 281-368-8397
WATER BOARD Mike Kerr - 713-822-6654 Wayne Rouse - 281-463-9377 Ray DeBock - 281-550-2717 Gary Goodart - 281-550-8823 Jim Yuhnke - 281-463-4899 xxxxxxx The Water Board is a tax assessing board that levies water and sewer taxes and hires a Tax Assessor Collector to collect them. Severn Trent Services was hired by the Water Board to manage the utility district and they can assist you if you have any problems. The Board meets every 3rd Tuesday of the month at 6:00 p.m. at the Community Building. Members hold staggered 4 year terms and are elected the 1st Saturday in April at the Bear Creek Community Building.
Hunter's Park Comm. Assoc
AT & T Trash Service WCA Harris County Animal Control Houston Animal Control Texas Wildlife Rehabilitation Bear Creek Library Buses MTA (Information, Routes & Scheduling) KISD School Bus Info. Car Share/Van Share Harris County Constable’s Office (Clay Road Dispatch) Courthouse Annex (16715 Clay Road) Pct. 5 Judge Jeff Williams Katy Independent School District Administration Office: Bear Creek Elementary (K-5) Cardiff Junior High (6-8) Mayde Creek Senior High (9-12)
NEW RESIDENTS The HPCA office has a new resident package available at the office or by mail. Please call 281 463-1216 and we will be happy to send the information to you!
WASTE CORPORATION OF TEXAS (WCA) WCA collects our trash on Tuesdays and Fridays. Poly-carts, heavy trash and extra bags or items will be picked up on both days. Recycling picked up on Tuesdays only. The homeowner’s maintenance fee does not pay for garbage pick-up. You must call CWA to start service. Poly-carts and recycling bins are provided free of charge to homeowners or residents. When regular pick-up falls on a holiday, New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day, the pick-up will be made on the next regular scheduled pick up day. If your recycling day falls on a holiday it will be picked up the next week on your normal scheduled recycle day. WCA will collect for recycling, papers, plastics, aluminum and tin cans that are placed in the recycling bin. If items exceed container capacity, please place them adjacent to the bin. If you find items left in the bin, that are not recyclable, please dispose of the items in your polycart.
1-800-288-2020 281-368-8397 281-999-3191 713-238-9600 713-468-8972 281-550-0885 713-635-4000 281-578-2210 713-227-0003 281-463-6666 281-463-7759 281-463-2341 281-396-6000 281-237-5600 281-234-0600 281-237-3000
Repairs: Street Lights Centerpoint Energy 713-207-2222 (to report non-functioning light, give address and pole # off of pole needing repair) Street Repair 281-353-8424 (streets and curbs owned/maintained by Harris County) U. S. Post Office (Bear Creek) 1-800-275-8777 Utilities Severn Trent Services (HCUD#6) water/sewer 281-579-4500 (24 hour emergency:) 281-398-8211 Centerpoint Gas 713-659-2111 To report gas leaks & explosions 713-659-3552 Centerpoint Energy 713-207-2222 Help Aid to Victims of Domestic Abuse 713-520-8620 Hot Lines: Battered Women & Children’s Hotline (Wires-24) 713-528-2121 Crisis Hotline (24 Hours) 713-228-1505 Harris County Children’s Protective Servs.(24) 713-394-4000 Overeaters Anonymous Hot Line 713-973-6633 Poison Control (24 hours) 1-800-222-1222 Rabies Control 281-999-3191 Rape Crisis (24) 713-528-7273 Suicide Prevention (24 hours) 713-228-1505 Supportive Outreach Service (counseling for battered women and children - no charge) 713-528-5785 Women’s Information & Referral Exchange Service 713-528-2121
Featured Homes of the Month!!! D
R DE ACT UN NTR CO
5226 PRAIRIE CREEK DR.
4531 TURF VALLEY DR.
2,665 SF, 4 BR, 2½ BA, wood floors, granite kitchen, tons of updates!
15815 FERN BASIN DR.
15907 BLUFFDALE DR.
Bear Creek Specialist
Email: email@example.com www.movewithmarynow.com
• SAME DAY • SAME CREW • AFFORDABLE • BONDED • INSURED • REFERENCES • SUPPLIES FURNISHED
3 BR's, 2,198 SF split plan, 2 big cov'd patios, great updates!
• Selling a Home? Call Me For Superior Customer Service and Results!!! • Time to Buy a House...call me... Interest Rates are Low! • Want a New Home...call me before you talk to a builder. Allstars I can save you money!!! Office 281-213-8989
Bear Creek Resident for over 17 Years
Your local Maid Service for 20 Years
4723 HIDDEN SPRINGS DR.
3 BR's, upgraded to the max thru out, gorgeous cul-de-sac lot!
10730 Barker Cypress, Suite B Each Office Independently Owned and Operated
January 2013 January 1st
New Years Day January 17th
Ben Franklin’s Birthday
Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday
1 2 3 4
Inauguration Day January 21st
Tammy Smith, Owner-Operated
New customer only on regular schedule. Not valid with any other offer. Not valid for one time or empty cleans.
3 BR's, island kitchen, priced to sell!
3 BR's,split plan, lots of interior updates!
15666 FERN BASIN DR.
3 BR's, new roof, island kitchen!
Martin Luther King Jr. Day National Thank You Month National Eye Care Month National Volunteer Blood Donor Month National Book Month
6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Published by: Krenek Printing 7102 Glen Chase Ct • Houston, TX 77095 • 281-463-8649 Bear Creek January 2013 email: firstname.lastname@example.org for articles • email@example.com for business ads • classiﬁed@krenekprinting.com for classiﬁed ads