The Lamp Post Bear Creek Meadows Villages of Bear Creek Lakeville Bear Creek Glen Plantation Lakes
BEAR CREEK MEADOWS REMINDERS TO OWNERS - BCM
Preferred Management Services would like to remind owners of some of the violations that need attention on a regular basis: • Lawns mowed each week (including edging and expansion joints) • Remove unused tree stakes • Keep trashcans out of view • Park in the driveway and not the street • Replace missing fence pickets • Remove mildew from home Keeping up with these items will not only make your property look better but will also keep property values high for the entire community. If you do receive a deed restriction letter, please do not ignore it. You should promptly comply with the request to avoid any further compliance efforts or fees. If you have any questions about a letter that you have received, you may contact Preferred Management Services at 281-897-8808.
ACC AND WEBSITE - BCM
Owners of Bear Creek Meadows should submit for ACC approval prior to making any exterior modiﬁcations. The necessary form is available at www.preferredmgt.com on the Bear Creek Meadows website. You will need to log in to your account or request a log in and then go to the documents section of the Bear Creek Meadows website. Should you have any questions you may contact Preferred Management Services at 281-897-8808.
DELINQUENT ACCOUNT COLLECTION - BCM
The Board of Directors for the Bear Creek Meadows HOA is working in accordance with its collection policy to pursue all delinquent accounts. All homeowners are encouraged to log on to their account
Your newsletter can now be viewed online at www.krenekprinting.com Newsletters - Hwy 6 - Lamp Post
October 2012 Lamp Post
chloe dental Your smile Our dedication
Tenemos personal en español que pueden asistirles.
Dentistry For Your Entire Family • Traditional braces, clear braces, ClearCorrect • Veneers, Lumineers, Crowns, Bridges, Root Canals, Dentures •New Zoom WhiteSpeed Teeth Whitening
We accept Most Insurances, Medicaid, TX CHIPS Open Late & Saturdays Walk-ins welcome Payment Plans Offered
on the website and check their balance. Anyone who has not paid their assessments will be escalated and will incur additional collection cost and attorney fees. This also applies to anyone who has defaulted on a previously approved payment plan. Please contact Preferred Management Services at 281-897-8808 if you have an account balance.
FENCES - BCM
The Board of Directors would like to remind all homeowners that it is your responsibility to check perimeter fences in your yard. The Association is only responsible for a handful of fences as stated in the deed restrictions. If your lot is not one that is listed then you must maintain the fence. Any repairs or replacement of a perimeter fence must be made exactly as the fence is now. No alterations and no staining. If you have any questions please call Preferred Management Services at 281-897-8808.
The Board of Directors would like to remind all homeowners that trash containers are to be placed out of street view (behind a fence or in the garage) after 8 PM on trash pick up days and remain out of street view at all times.
VILLAGES OF BEAR CREEK WEBSITE - VOBC
There is a new website for homeowners in the Villages of Bear Creek & Bear Creek Glen. Please visit www.mymcinc.com/ villagesofbearcreek for more information. The website has information such as your account balance, meeting minutes, deed restrictions and much more. You will need to request a log-in in order to view your account information for your property address. DeeD RestRictions ReminDeRs Garage sales: Two garage sales a year is the limit under Texas Law. The Limited Sales, Excise and Use Tax Act says that people who are not operating a business are permitted to have no more than two sales of their goods each year. If you exceed this amount, you will be treated as operating a business and you’ll need to obtain a sales tax permit from the state. A quick Internet search reveals that a number of Texas cities also have ordinances limiting garage sales and some don’t allow them at all. Houston has no such ordinance, however, according to the city’s website. Instead, the city relies on the state law. Businesses are not allowed in the community.
• Oral Surgery & Wisdom Teeth • Dental Implant Surgery • Soft Tissue Laser Treatment • Digital X-rays with reduced radiation
w w w. c h l o e d e n t a l . c o m
3950 Fry Road/Katy, TX. 77449 (Fry Rd. at Clay Rd.)
“Serving the Katy area for over 7 years.”
trash can containers: Trash cans are to be out of site and remain out of view at all times, it takes away from property values. street curbs: Curbs are homeowners’ responsibility to keep clean and free of debris, (i.e. leaves and trash). Keeping these clean will ensure less street flooding, trash being forced down and clogging sewer drains. oil stains: If you’re having difficulties getting the oil and grease stains out from your driveway, there are a few mixtures you can buy at an auto part store that is less than $10. These mixtures will help get the oil and grease stains in your driveway.
Please be careful and slow down while driving through the subdivision; remind your young drivers to do also. We recently had a child hit by a vehicle on one of our streets. Please, be aware of your surroundings and parents, remind your children to watch for vehicles when crossing the street.
OCTOBER……DID YOU KNOW?
• Opal and Tourmaline are the birthstones? Characteristic is Hope? Flower is the Calendula? • Free rural delivery of mail began in the United States on October 1, 1896. • First “Model T” Ford put on the market on October 1, 1908. • The Soviet Union launched first artificial satellite on October 4, 1957. • President Harry S. Truman made the first presidential telecast address from the White House on October 5, 1947. • Chicago fire began, and burned for about 30 hours on October 8, 1871. • U.S. Naval Academy opened at Annapolis, Md. on October 10, 1845. • Columbus landed in America on October 12, 1492. • White House cornerstone laid on October 13, 1792. • Thomas Edison began first successful demonstration of his electric light on October 19, 1879. • U.S.S. Constitution, better known as Old Ironsides, launched on October 21, 1797. • Sam Houston inaugurated as first president of the Republic of Texas on October 22, 1836. • First transcontinental telegram sent on October 24, 1861. • Erie Canal opened to traffic on October 26, 1825. • Statue of Liberty dedicated on October 28, 1886.
• Blackest day in stock market history on October 29, 1929. • Some important people in history born in October: Jimmy Carter, Rutherford B. Hayes, Chester A. Arthur, Helen Hayes, Eleanor Roosevelt, William Penn, Dwight D. Eisenhower, Oscar Wilde, Alfred Nobel, Pablo Picasso, Richard E. Byrd, Theodore Roosevelt, Captain James Cook, Jonas Salk and John Adams. • The following state was admitted as part of the United States: Nevada.
GARDENING TIPS FOR OCTOBER
• Dig and store caladiums before the foliage dies. Allow the bulbs to dry in the shade, shake off the dried soil and dust with sulphur to control fungus. Store by hanging in open mesh bags or old panty hose. • Flowers planted for spring can begin when the temperatures are going to stay cooler. Shrubs and trees can be planted now. Woody plants concentrate on root growth through the winter and the more headstart they can get before summer, the better. • October 15th is about the time for dividing and planting daylilies. • Watch out for brown patch in St. Augustine grass. These circular brown patches are caused by a fungus that is activated by moist cool weather. Control with Daconil. • If you need to do any pruning, do it early in the month. The re-growth stimulated by pruning needs to harden off before that odd-ball frost of Halloween. Prune fruit trees when leaves begin to fall. Remove all dead, weak and over-crowded growth. Tip back main branches to control size and shape. Spray w/dormant oil when temperature is between 30-60 degrees. • Cut back tops of perennials after they have bloomed. Divide roots and transplant anytime from now until March, the earlier the better. • Get the ant baits down. This will greatly reduce your spring populations. • Clover left over from last year may be growing. It’s best to hit it with the post-emerge herbicides in October and November. At least two applications are usually needed, even if done this early. • For color throughout the winter, begin planting pansies.
HALLOWEEN SAFTEY TIPS
Teens and Adolescents• Travel in groups. Go only to the houses of people you know. Younger children should be accompanied by a responsible older person. • Carry ﬂashlights. • Carry a mobile phone for quick communication. • Stay focused on your surroundings. If harassed or threatened, go into the closest store/restaurant and ask to use the phone. Call parents and/or police. Let the proprietors know that your group feels unsafe. • Be very cautious around jack-o’-lanterns with lit candles. Keep an eye out for ﬂames and/or candles on porches. • Consider alternatives to trick-or-treating. Alternatives include house or school parties or volunteering at a haunted-house project. Teen and Adult Drivers: • Clear the driver’s view. Be sure that neither the driver’s costume nor anything else in the car obstructs the driver’s view. • Wear a seat belt. Be sure your passengers are wearing a safety belt, even if they have to take off part of their costume to attach it. • Drive slowly and defensively. Don’t assume that a pedestrian, especially an excited youngster in a costume, will move as you expect. Keep an eye out for trick-or-treaters darting out from parked cars. Homeowners: • Replace burned-out bulbs in exterior lights. Leave your exterior lights on later than usual - perhaps even all night. • Clear the pathway. Make sure the path to your door is well lighted and your lawn is clear of things that could be tripped over, such as jack-o’lanterns with lit candles, ladders, garden hoses, ﬂowerpots, bikes and animal leashes. • Sweep wet leaves from sidewalks and stairs. • Keep excitable pets away from the door. You’ll have a safer and calmer house if you keep Fido away from where you are dispensing the treats. • Put your car in the garage. Lock your garage doors.
Be Safe! Service Your Heater Today!
281-347-2665 nd Free estimate or 2 opinion
• Annual Maintenance Programs • All repairs guaranteed • Serving area since 1994
License TACLB 24777E and Insured
Air Conditioning Contractors of America
$25 off any repair
Duct Inspection with tune-up
Up to 36 Months
financing available on select systems WAC
Your Neighborhood Plumber
$25 OFF With this Ad
Complete Plumbing & Drain Service We Welcome Your Questions • Open 7 Days a Week
JP Roofing & Gutters www.jproofing.biz
5 inch - 6 inch Seamless Gutters Flat Roofs • Metal Roofs + Leak Repairs HardiPlank Siding Int./Ext. Painting & Repairs
TEENAGE JOB SEEKERS
If you are between 12 and 18 and would like to be added to the teenage job seeker’s list, please ﬁll out the form in the newsletter with your name, age, birthdate (mon. & yr.), phone number, (one only) year you will graduate (or grade presently in) and the name of your subdivision. Check the list of jobs you want on your form. Email to email@example.com (preferred) or mail to Krenek Printing, 7102 Glen Chase Ct., Houston, TX 77095. Must have parent(s) permission. (Revised 8/12) If your name was left off the list, it is because you did not return our call/email to update our records. You will have to resubmit your information to be put back on.
Your Satisfaction is Our Future
AIR CONDITIONING & HEATING, INC.
19 pt. Heat Check-up or Service
Includes all discounts & Promotions Must Present Coupon at time of Service
License # TACLA1038C
Financing Available WAC Greater Houston
Babysitter Info Not Available Online
ELECTRICIAN 5 Year Warranty* 100% Customer Satisfaction Guaranteed!
TEENAGE JOB SEEKERS
Please place my name on the Job Seekers List
(Students must be 12 before they can be added to the babysitting list.) Please fill in ALL information or we cannot put you on the list.
Babysitter Info Not Available Online
Job(s) _________________________________ ❑ B -Babysitting Name _________________________________ ❑ SS -Safe Sitter
❑ SL -Swim Lessons
$30 Off Any Service Call! WIRED 713-467-1125 281-897-0001 Not to be combined with any other discount or offer.
Electrical Services Residential & Commercial
P P P P P P
Mount Flat Screens Generators Lighting
Panel Replacement Cable/Phone
Address ________________________________ ❑ CPR -CPR Certified
❑ FAC -First Aid Cert. ❑ RCC -Red Cross Cert. Birthdate - Mo/Yr_________________________ ❑ P -Pet Care (only) ❑ PP -Pet/Plant Sitter Age ______ Current Grade ______ Class of ____ ❑ H -Housecare Phone _________________________________ ❑ L -Lawncare ❑ T -Tutor Subdivision______________________________ ❑ C -Car Detailing
I give my permission for my child’s name and phone number to be published in the ‘Teenage Job Seekers’ section of our subdivision newsletter. Parent Signature ____________________________________________________
24/7 Service • Same Rates 7 Days a Week Family Owned & Operated Award Winner
Master #100394 • TECL #22809
email to: firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred)
or mail to: Krenek Printing Co. 7102 Glen Chase Ct., Houston, TX 77095 www.krenekprinting.com
Family & Cosmetic Dentistry • Laser Dentistry -painless cold sore treatments...some fillings can be done without anesthetic • Vizilite Plus - painless oral cancer screening...can detect cancerous and pre-cancerous cells • Non Surgical Periodontal Therapy -put an end to bleeding gums and mouth odor • Isolite System -award winning, ergonomic patient comfort system reduces stress • TMJ splint therapy-teeth that are worn, sore joints, & gums that are receding are all indicators • Intra Oral camera -areas of concern are displayed on a monitor for your viewing
Whitening Special $
10 Minutes from the Energy Corridor
16100 Cairnway, Suite 285
SCHOOL NEWS CYPRESS-FAIRBANKS INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT WWW.CFISD.NET IMPORTANT DATES
October 29th - Student Holiday
AT CY-FAIR ISD “VOLUNTEERS ARE A TREASURE”
Volunteers are a treasure in Cy-Fair ISD because they center the attention of their service on supporting students and staff and making a signiﬁcant contribution to the education of children. These dedicated individuals are just like you, they give freely of their time and resources and they have an impact on the academic and personal development of our students. Cypress-Fairbanks ISD is fortunate to be able to draw from a terriﬁc diversity of skills and knowledge in its community. If you are interested in being a part of an exciting group of volunteers and making a difference in your Cy-Fair Schools or would like more information, please feel free to contact Pam Scott, Partners in Education Director at 281-894-3950.
CY-FAIR ISD VOLUNTEER OCTOBER 2012 TRAININGS & EVENTS “VOLUNTEERS ARE A TREASURE”
October 2nd - PIE Mentor Training, 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM, Berry Center. Training for individuals committed to serve as a role model and friend to CFISD students. October 9th - VIPS Math Training - 9:30 AM to 11:30 AM, Berry Center. Participants will learn the approach to the process and actions used in elementary math. This class will be presented by the CFISD math coordinator. October 10th - Virtual Volunteer Training, 9:30 AM to 11:00 AM, ISC West. Training for Volunteer Coordinators and Liaisons to learn how to effectively and efﬁciently manage their campus Virtual Volunteer account. October 16th - Junior Achievement Volunteer Training, 9:30 AM to 12:00 PM, Berry Center. The purpose of Junior Achievement is to educate and inspire young people to value free enterprise, understand business and economics and be workforce ready.
October 24th - Virtual Volunteer Training, 1:00 PM to 2:30 PM, ISC West. Training for Volunteer Coordinators and Liaisons to learn how to effectively and efﬁciently manage their campus Virtual Volunteer account. October 25th - Language Arts, Pre-K - 1st Training, 9:30 AM to 12:00 PM, Berry Center. This training is designed for volunteers and parents helping Pre-K through 1st Grade students. You will learn how to read aloud interactively to a classroom, helping to boost their comprehension. October 30th - VIPS Fall Conference, 8:00 AM to 2 PM, Berry Center. A day of informative workshops is offered to volunteers, staff, parents and community members designed to support the work of volunteers in all district schools. Registration forms are available in schools and in the PIE dept. How to register for training: With the exception of Hearing and Vision Certiﬁcation, register for training by emailing the PIE ofﬁce at vipsrsvp@cﬁsd.net; please send a separate email for each training you wish to attend. Provide your name and the name and date of the training in each email. Registration is required to guarantee a seat and training materials. Adults only.
WEST NILE VIRUS
Harris County Public Health and Environmental Services (HCPHES) requested the district’s assistance in distributing prevention and protection information about West Nile Virus. Outdoor temperatures remain high and warm weather means more mosquitoes. Although the number of people in Harris County contracting West Nile Virus is lower than in other parts of Texas, HCPHES has documented a rise of West Nile Virus in mosquitoes and birds. For your convenience, information is posted on the district website. If you have questions or need additional information, please go to www.hcphes.org and view 2012 West Nile Virus Response.
QUALITY PLUMBING Operated by Master Plumbers MLP19029
• Quality Work at Reasonable Rates • All Phases of Plumbing • Faucets/Toilets • Garbage Disposals • Water Heaters • Drain & Sewer Cleaning • Sewer Line Video Camera • Gas Tests and Repairs • Pipe Repairs • 7 Days a week • 24 Hour Service • 27 Years Experience $
When you mention this ad.
* Weedends & Holidays Extra
Fall Festival and Trunk or Treat Sunday, October 28th 3:00 - 6:00 pm Holy Covenant UMC 22111 Morton Road, Katy
Come enjoy games, food, moonwalks, prizes, candy, and fun!
Free Admission Don’t forget to wear your costume! For more information please call:
281.579.1200 or www.holycov.org 6
• Northwest Houston Mothers of Multiples Fall Twice is Nice Sale October 6th, 7 AM-noon - Kids-R-Kids Parking Lot - 10840 Barker Cypress, Cypress, TX 77433. Baby gear, toys, maternity clothes, children & adult clothing, games, household items, books, Halloween costumes and much more. It’s a multiple family sale! • BEAR CREEK GARAGE SALE - HPCA’s semi-annual Garage Sale will be on Saturday, October 6th, from 8 AM - 1 PM. Be sure to come and shop for great bargains. Bear Creek is located between Clay Road and Addicks-Satsuma, off of Hwy. 6 N. • COPPERBROOK GARAGE SALE - The Copperbrook Fall Community Garage Sale will be held on Saturday, October 6th, from 7:00 AM to 2:00 PM. Rain date will be the following Saturday. Copperbrook is off of West Rd. and Jackrabbit Rd. • CONCORD BRIDGE GARAGE SALE - The last garage sale of 2012 will be on Saturday, October 6th. Signs will be posted at the entrances of the subdivision early that week. Concord Bridge is located by Eldridge and West Little York. • VILLAGE AT LAKEPOINTE FALL GARAGE SALE - Saturday, October 6th, 8 AM till Noon. Located off of West Little York, east of Eldridge. • CANYON VILLAGE AT CYPRESS SPRINGS COMMUNITY YARD SALE - The subdivision located at 529/Fry Rd. Saturday, October 13th, 7 AM -1 PM. Take the morning to explore the various sales throughout the neighborhood you never know what treasures await! • WESTGATE FALL GARAGE SALE: OCTOBER 13th - It’s time again for our biannual Westgate Garage Sale; this year, the fall event will happen on Saturday, October 13th. In case of rain, the garage sale will be the next Saturday. That week, we’ll have signs out at the entrances of the neighborhood to advertise the event for the community. So stop by and ﬁnd a treasure in Westgate subdivision at Barker Cypress near FM 529. • SHEFFIELD GARAGE SALE - The Association will be holding their fall garage sale on Saturday, October 13th, so gather up your items to sell! This will be a one-day event and the Association will have the banners/signs put out one week in advance at the entrances off Queenston and FM 529. The subdivision is located off of FM 529 near Langham Creek High School. • CYPRESS MILL GARAGE SALE - Cypress Mill Homeowners Association Fall community wide garage sale is Saturday, October 13th. Entrance to the community is on Skinner Road and/or Cypress Rosehill. • COPPERFIELD PLACE VILLAGE GARAGE SALE - Garage sale time is here again! The fall garage sale for CPV is scheduled for Saturday, October 13th. Times will be from dawn to dusk. Shop for great bargains. • LONE OAK COMMUNITY WIDE GARAGE SALE - Saturday, October 13th, from 8:00 AM to 1:00 PM. Lone Oak Community is located on Barker Cypress, between West Road and Longenbaugh, next to the Berry Center in Cypress, TX. Multiple families are participating, come early for best bargains! The rain date is scheduled for Saturday, October 20th. • HUGE ABERDEEN GREEN NEIGHBORHOOD GARAGE SALE - Come shop for bargains at the Aberdeen Green Semi-annual Neighborhood Garage! The sale will be on Saturday, October 13th from 7 AM until 2 PM and will be throughout the neighborhood. Aberdeen Green is located on Telge Road at West Road, south of Hwy. 290. • BRIDGELAND COMMUNITY GARAGE SALE - October 13th, 8 AM to 12 PM, Festival Park. Looking to ﬁnd a very special bargain or a unique item? Please come and shop at The Bridgeland Community Garage Sale. Bridgeland is located on Fry Road, between 290 & Tuckerton Rd. across from Cypress Ranch High School. • CANYON VILLAGE FALL COMMUNITY YARD SALE - Saturday, October 13th, 7 AM-1 PM. Come and shop for great bargains. Canyon Village at Cypress Springs is located off FM 529 and Fry Road. • WESTCREEK VILLAGE COMMUNITY GARAGE SALE - Our Community Garage Sale will be held on Saturday, October 13th, rainout date is the following Saturday, the 20th, from 8 AM till NOON. Westcreek is off of Barker Cypress Rd. between FM 529 and Loganbaugh.
Happy Halloween from ...
Jatinder Judge, DMD • Amandeep Judge, DDS
• Crown & Bridge • Oral Surgery • Orthodontics • Root Canal Therapy • Treatment for Gum Disease • Cosmetic Dentistry • Dentures • Veneers • Nitrous Available Upon Request
NEW PATIENT EXAM OR
Adult Exam Incl: New Patient Exam, 4 Bite-wing Xrays & Basic Cleaning. Child Exam (12 years & under) Incl: New Patient Exam, 4 Bite-wing Xrays, Basic Child Cleaning & Fluoride treatment. Not in Conjunction With Other Offers. (Not Applicable With Insurance Plans) Expires 11/15/12
With Free Take Home Bleaching Kit. Some Restrictions Apply. Expires 11/15/12
Senior Discount Available Children Welcome (6 mos. & up)
• WHEATSTONE VILLAGE COMMUNITY GARAGE SALE Mark your calendars for Saturday, October 13th. The residents of Coppercreek I, Coppercreek II, Cloverﬁeld and Copperstone are having a garage sale from the hours of 8:00 AM until 1:00 PM. Wheatstone is located on Longenbaugh between Hwy. 6 and Barker Cypress. Last year over 50 homes participated. • COPPER GROVE COMMUNITY GARAGE SALE - Copper Grove will have their garage sale on Saturday, October 13th, 8 AM to 2 PM. Gates will be open for the duration of the garage sale. Copper Grove is off of West Road. • SYDNEY HARBOUR COMMUNITY GARAGE SALE - Saturday, October 20th, 8:00 AM - 12:00 NOON. Sydney Harbour is located at Cypress Rosehill and Huffmeister. Multiple families are participating come and shop for bargains and one of a kind items. • ABERDEEN TRAILS COMMUNITY GARAGE SALE - Our semiannual community wide garage sale date is Saturday, October 20th. Come hunt for bargains at homes throughout the neighborhood. There is no rain date, so come shop rain or shine! It is located by Telge Rd. and Tuckerton Rd. • COPPER VILLAGE FALL GARAGE SALE - The Copper Village Fall Garage Sale is scheduled for October 20th, 7:00 AM - 2:00 PM. Copper Village is located near Hwy. 6, off of West Road. • NORTHMEAD VILLAGE ANNUAL GARAGE SALE - The 2012 Northmead Village Annual Garage sale will be held on Saturday, October 20th. Northmead is located in Copperﬁeld off of West Road between Hwy. 6 N and Telge Rd. • HEARTHSTONE COMMUNITY GARAGE SALE - The fall community garage sale is scheduled for Saturday, October 20th. Come and shop for some great bargains. Hearthstone is located off of FM 529, east of Hwy. 6. • BRADFORD COLONY SECTION 3 NEIGHBORHOOD GARAGE SALE - This event will be held on Saturday, October 20th, from 8 AM to Noon (rain or shine). Signs will be posted along Huffmeister Road to direct you towards the neighborhood. Located near Huffmeister Rd. and W. Little York.
1 HR(REG. IN-OFFICE $650)
GS FA MILY DENTISTRY
H U F F M EIS TER R D .
Serving the Copperfield area for over 7 years. COMPLETE COSMETIC AND RESTORATIVE DENTISTRY We accept most insurance plans. Hrs. by Appointment, Saturdays Available
AD D ICKS S ATS U M A
Where your comfort is our priority!
H IG H W AY 6
15003 FM 529 Ste. G, Houston, TX 77095 (Located next to Popeyes)
IMPLANTS AVAILABLE IMPLANT CONSULT
145 (REG. $325)
Includes Consultation and X-ray Not in Conjunction with Other Offers Expires 11/15/12
• CONCORD COLONY COMMUNITY GARAGE SALE - October 27th - 8 AM - ?? Come rain or shine. Search for new and gently used items -furniture, clothes, all kinds of other things, as well as Christmas gifts. • EASTON COMMONS VILLAGE GARAGE SALE - The Easton Commons Community Garage Sale will be held on Saturday, October 27th. The garage sale hours will be 8:00 AM until 5:00 PM. Easton Commons is by West Rd. and Hwy. 6N. • NORWEGIAN CHRISTMAS BAZAAR - The Bazaar will be on Friday, Nov. 2nd (11 AM-5 PM), Saturday, Nov. 3rd (10 AM-4 PM) and Sunday, Nov. 4th (12 Noon-4 PM) at Norwegian Seamen’s Church, 4309 Young Street, Pasadena. There will be unique holiday gifts such as Scandinavian Christmas decorations, trolls, Nisser, Swedish linens and Norwegian jewelry. Great rafﬂe prizes, silent auction and folk dancing on Saturday, bakery with Norwegian speciality cookies/ breads and a wide selection of Scandinavian foods for sale. For more info., call 281-998-8366. • VILLAGES OF LANGHAM CREEK COMMUNITY GARAGE SALE! - Saturday, November 17th and Sunday, November 18th, 8 AM - ?? Rain or Shine! VOLC is located at the intersection of West Little York and Yorktown Crossing to West Little York and Yorkshire Woods Lane. Shop early for the BEST deals!
• ST. BARTHOLOMEW HAPPY HEARTS BAZAAR - The Annual St. Bartholomew Happy Hearts Bazaar, 5356 Eleventh Street, Katy TX 77493 on Sat., Oct. 6th, from 4 PM to 7 PM and Sun., Oct. 7th, from 8 AM to 4 PM. High quality handmade gifts, items to decorate your home, a boutique with purses, jewelry, etc., delicious homemade desserts, chicken soup and breakfast pastries on Sunday morning. • 32nd ANNUAL KATY RICE HARVEST FESTIVAL - Sat., Oct. 13th, 10:00 AM to Midnight, Sun., Oct. 14th, Noon to 6:00 PM, two big days of excitement and family fun with two stages of continuous live entertainment, craft and food booths, carnival and more. Historic Downtown Katy Katy, Texas - just 28 miles west of Houston Avenues B and C, 2nd and 3rd Streets. Call 281-391-5289 or email email@example.com for additional information. • EMMANUEL EPISCOPAL CHURCH 15th ANNUAL FALL HOLIDAY BAZAAR AND CRAFT SHOW on Sat., Oct. 13th, from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM. Emmanuel is located at the corner of Memorial Drive and N. Eldridge Parkway, 15015 Memorial Drive. Admission is free. Come and enjoy the crafts of over 50 different vendors from throughout the state. For addition details, please visit our website at www.emmanuel-houston.org or call 281-493-3161. • NEWCOMERS AND NEIGHBORS OF GREATER HOUSTON HOLIDAY SHOPPING EVENT AND LUNCHEON - Wed., Oct. 17th, 11:30 AM, at Lakeside Country Club, 100 Wilcrest Drive. A Shopping Event and sign up for social activities is planned. Luncheon Cost is $29 per person. The Shopping Event will start at 10:00 AM and feature 25 vendors including member owned businesses selling holiday gift items. Contact NNGH.org for reservations. • BEAR CREEK UNITED METHODIST WOMEN’S 24th ANNUAL CRAFT BAZAAR - Sat., Oct. 20th - 9 PM - 4 PM. FREE FALL FESTIVAL 10 AM - 3 PM at 16000 Rippling Water Dr., Houston, TX 77084. Proceeds to beneﬁt women and children’s missions! Thank you and God bless! Please go to http://bearcreekumc.org/adults/ women/fall-craft-bazaar for further information. Vendors: contact Pam at firstname.lastname@example.org • 22nd ANNUAL PICK-A-DILLY CRAFTS FAIR - Sat., Oct. 20th, St. Peter’s UMC, 20775 Kingsland Blvd., Katy (across from Taylor High School), 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM. Sponsored by St. Peter’s United Methodist Women UMW. For booth info., contact Melissa at email: email@example.com or 281-492-8031 x377. • ST. ELIZABETH ANN SETON CATHOLIC CHURCH located at 6646 Addicks-Satsuma, Houston 77084, between N. Hwy. 6 and Eldridge, and between FM 529 and W. Little York - K of C #8096 Ladies Auxiliary will be hosting their 20th ANNUAL GINGERBREAD VILLAGE ARTS & CRAFTS SHOW on Sat., Oct. 27th, from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM. (Free Admission) and shop at over 130 indoor booths. Please email Susie Schwartz at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need any additional information. • POPE JOHN XXIII HIGH SCHOOL AUTUMN HARVEST MARKET - The Autumn Harvest Market will take place on Sat., Oct. 27th, Pope John XXIII High School, 1800 West Grand Parkway N., Katy, TX 77449. They are located on the corner of Franz and W. Grand Parkway, will host its 1st Annual Autumn Harvest Market from 8:00 AM - 1:00 PM in the school gym. Come shop several vendors, items sold will include arts, crafts and market/retail items. Please email Jackie Sitton at email@example.com, if you have any questions. • 34th ANNUAL DEERFIELD VILLAGE CHRISTMAS BAZAAR - Fri., Nov. 2nd - 12 - 8 PM, Sat., Nov. 3rd - 9 AM - 4 PM at Deerﬁeld Village Rec. Center at Clay Road, Between Barker-Cypress & Highway 6. Lots of Christmas goodies & Seasonal Items. This event is free to everyone but we ask that you bring a non-perishable item. There is a great need in the community and items will be distributed in the area. • NORWEGIAN CHRISTMAS BAZAAR - The Bazaar will be on Fri., Nov. 2nd (11 AM-5 PM), Sat., Nov. 3rd (10 AM-4 PM) and Sun., Nov. 4th (12 Noon-4 PM) at Norwegian Seamen’s Church, 4309 Young
Amaya Garage Doors Does your garage door need service? We can help! e y w r
• We Offer Service for Most Models • Replace / Repair • Broken Springs • Hurricane Bracing • Reasonable Prices
Se Habla Espanol
Lone Star College-CyFair
and FREE festivities ! family FUN
Petting zoo, pumpkin patch , duck races, po ny carousel, carnival ride moonwalks an s, d more!
OCTOBER 13, 2012 10 am - 2 pm
LoneStar.edu/cy-fest 9191 Barker Cypress Cypress, TX 77433
FREDDY’S PAINTING www.freddyspainting.net
• Exterior & Interior Paint • Faux Finish/Color Assessment • Hardiplank Installation • Wood Replacement • Siding Replacement & Repair • Sheetrock Repair & Retexturing
Insured & Bonded
e y r w
25 Years Experience • Work Guaranteed • Free Estimates
For all of your plumbing needs, call... ONE CALL DOES IT
Low Price Guarantee Licensed and Insured
• Water Heaters • Drain Problems • Faucet Installation and Repair • Water Leaks and Much More • Gas Test
Any job over $95
ROOK’S AC & Heating 281-861-8052
40 18 Point A/C or Heat Special
FREE 1st lb. Freon 1/2 Priced Condenser Coil Cleaning
1 Yr. Warranty On Parts Changed We Value Your Business All Brands Serviced Local Neighborhood Company Free 2nd Opinions Fast Personalized Service
We Will Heat & Cool Your Castle!
INTERIOR & EXTERIOR 30+ Years Experience/Family Owned
• Carpentry • Sheetrock - Texture • Pressure Washing • Siding - HardiPlank® • Refinish - Staining • References • Insured & Bonded
e y r w
Bear Creek Animal Clinic Pet Wellness Fair Saturday, October 20th, (8am-11:30am) www.bearcreekanimalclinic.com Ask about Senior and Dental Days
New Lower Prices On Our Wellness Packages !!!
Call for Information 4924 Hwy. 6 N. (South of Kieth Harrow)
Grooming/Boarding Available! 10
Street, Pasadena. Take a trip to Norway in Houston! There will be unique holiday gifts such as Scandinavian Christmas decorations, trolls, Nisser, Swedish linens and Norwegian jewelry. Great rafﬂe prizes, silent auction and folk dancing on Saturday. Visit our bakery selling Norwegian specialty cookies and breads. A Wide selection of Scandinavian foods for sale. For more info., call 281-998-8366. • HOLY COVENANT UMC HEARTWARMING CHRISTMAS CRAFT SHOW - 22111 Morton Ranch Road, Katy, Texas 77449, Sat., Nov. 10th, from 9 AM to 4 PM. Over 68 booths ﬁlled with hair bows, jewelry, purses, wreaths, quilted items, etc. Our famous Tea Room with homemade goodies, Sandwich Shoppe and Silent Auction baskets round out a wonderful day. Santa will visit during the day too. For more info., Visit us at www.holycov.org or call 281-579-1200, ext. 329. • THE CHURCH OF HOLY APOSTLES HOLIDAY HOP - 1225 W. Grand Parkway S., Katy, TX 77494. Experience one stop shopping this holiday season at the HOLIDAY HOP, sponsored by Vendor Blenders on Sat., Nov. 10th. Shop from 9 AM to 3 PM for your favorite direct sales representatives and homemade gift items. The ﬁrst 100 shoppers receive a free swag bag with holiday coupons and gifts! We will be holding a rafﬂe with proceeds to beneﬁt Toys for Tots. The HOLIDAY HOP is your free local one stop shop for all your gift-giving ideas! • FIRST CONGREGATIONAL CHURCH OF HOUSTON 18th ANNUAL PILGRIM FESTIVAL - The festival will be on Sat., Nov. 17th from 10 AM to 4 PM, providing fun for all including craft booths offering handmade crafts. We are currently taking applications from craft vendors. Contact Sue Earl at firstname.lastname@example.org for booth prices and other information.
HALLOWEEN SAFTEY TIPS
Teens and Adolescents• Travel in groups. Go only to the houses of people you know. Younger children should be accompanied by a responsible older person. • Carry ﬂashlights. • Carry a mobile phone for quick communication. • Stay focused on your surroundings. If harassed or threatened, go into the closest store/restaurant and ask to use the phone. Call parents and/or police. Let the proprietors know that your group feels unsafe. • Be very cautious around jack-o’-lanterns with lit candles. Keep an eye out for ﬂames and/or candles on porches. • Consider alternatives to trick-or-treating. Alternatives include house or school parties or volunteering at a haunted-house project. Teen and Adult Drivers: • Clear the driver’s view. Be sure that neither the driver’s costume nor anything else in the car obstructs the driver’s view. • Wear a seat belt. Be sure your passengers are wearing a safety belt, even if they have to take off part of their costume to attach it. • Drive slowly and defensively. Don’t assume that a pedestrian, especially an excited youngster in a costume, will move as you expect. Keep an eye out for trick-or-treaters darting out from parked cars. Homeowners: • Replace burned-out bulbs in exterior lights. Leave your exterior lights on later than usual - perhaps even all night. • Clear the pathway. Make sure the path to your door is well lighted and your lawn is clear of things that could be tripped over, such as jack-o’-lanterns with lit candles, ladders, garden hoses, ﬂowerpots, bikes and animal leashes. • Sweep wet leaves from sidewalks and stairs. • Keep excitable pets away from the door. You’ll have a safer and calmer house if you keep Fido away from where you are dispensing the treats. • Put your car in the garage. Lock your garage doors.
CLASSIFIED ADS Two sets of golf clubs for sale, great for beginner or student. Men’s clubs and bag, $75; ladies clubs and bag, $50, firm. 281-859-3374.
2 recliners, dark blue fabric, like new, $300 for both; solid oak entertainment center, 2 sides, one top that lights up, includes 45” wide screen TV, $400; dresser w/ mirror, $100; chest of drawers, $50. 713-857-5650. Home office sofa and computer desk/armoire. 281-793-2293. Fawn/beige fabric sofa, $200; dining table with 2 arm and 4 side chairs, $200; black leather chair, $100. Call JN, 281-859-2759. Rocket tickets, 2 seats, section 102, row 23, seats 17 &18, $90/pair, face value season ticket holder. Great seats. 713-851-5431 call/text. Beautiful Burl Walnut Table, six side chairs, two armchairs, matching hutch with curved glass ends, touch three way light. Like new, paid over $4,000, asking $1,800. Must see to appreciate. Call Michael at 228-229-3444.
Westinghouse 16 cu. ft. refrigerator/freezer. Good condition, great for a spare, $85. Call George, 832-647-9064. Gateway GT4024 desktop computer for sale: Intel Pentium D, RAM DDR2 2GB, Hard Disk 80 GB, comes with DVD RW drive and Gateway Installation CDs, purchased in 2006, very good condition. Call 281-861-7500 or email: email@example.com. Pistol for sale: Taurus PT 140 1+10:2 mags. Will sell to current CHL holders. 281-347-2049. Dining table, oval, oak, dark gray, heavy metal base, 70”X 47” with 17” leaf, $175; Mirror, beveled, framed, 48”x30”, $20; Framed art: small, $5; medium, $10; large, $15.Photos of all items are available, 281-858-4809. Thomasville sofa, tan plaid, good shape, $350 OBO. 713-822-7475.
Oreck upright vacuum, $50; Oreck handheld, $30; small sofa, flowered, overstuffed, excellent condition, $75; kitchen island, never used, $35; piano, upright, good condition, $250; 61-key piano electronic keyboard, never used, $50; four cemetery plots in Pearland, $2,200 each. Call 281865-1452. 3 cemetery lots in Forest Park-Lawndale. Call HL, 713-818-1750. Kenmore Elite, HE3 Front-loading automatic washer and gas dryer with pedestals, in good condition, $300 each; Thomas Kinkade home cottage print, $200. Call 281-463-2630. Christmas ornaments, many themed, including Hallmark - will show Oct. 8th & 9th by appointment. Scrapbook papers and stickers. 281-703-0926.
Mediterranean style tables, heavy solid oak wood, 5 1/2’ coffee table; two 2’ end tables; one 6-sided table, $250. 281-579-2474. By Owner: 4 cemetery plots Memorial Oaks Katy Freeway; Section 1, lot 362; spaces 3, 4, 5, 6, valued at $8100 each by Cemetery; four together: $25,000 total; two together: $12,500; single: $6500, call 713-542-3685. Marcy Home Gym complete with self spotting bench, curling bar, lat-pull pully system & over 200 lbs. of weights. Also a chest-explosion machine & accessories for the pully system. Excellent condition. $325 or $350 delivered assembled. 281-881-6405. Sofa good to very good condition, $250 OBO. firstname.lastname@example.org.
Moving Sale: October 12th & 13th, 8 AM - 5 PM. Furniture, appliances, misc items. 15818 Creek Haven Dr. 77084, Bear Creek Subdivision. 281463-2961.
2003 Pontiac Bonneville, 62,000 miles, leather, $4,800. 281-732-4276. 2007 GMC Denali, fully loaded, black with black leather interior, all-wheel drive, 80,000 miles. Asking $26,000. Call 281-463-2630. 1987 Chevrolet, black pick-up, $6,500. 25 year old classic. Call 832-3307272. 2002 Isuzu Rodeo LS. Automatic, V6, 62K miles. Original owner. Black, grey interior, 6 disc CD player, power everything, cruise control, roof rack, privacy glass, $6,650. 281-414-8784. 2007 GMC Yukon, 51,000 miles, CD, MP3, OnStar ready. Blue with dark interior, 1 owner, excellent condition, $23,500 or best offer. 281-8559030 or 832-654-5339. 2010 Ford F150 XLT with Extended Cab, 4.6L V8. Exterior color, silver with tan cloth interior. Upgraded chrome wheels, 6 foot long bed with liner, power windows, doors, tinted windows, Sirius XM capable. Less than 20k miles on it, $20,000. For pictures and inquiries, email anwilbanks99@ gmail.com. Rare 1967 Pontiac Firebird convertible, re-built, under warranty, 400 Pontiac motor-not matching no., less than 400 miles, totally restored, yellow with black interior, new paint, new disk brakes, new suspension, new interior & new black top with cover, new custom sound system, $24,000. Firm. 281-455-5543. 1998 Suzuki 1500 Intruder motorcycle, eggshell on white in color, black leather saddle bags, $3,000. 281-726-4305 Pat.
Wanted: Game tickets or memorabilia for Astros, Rockets, Texans, College teams, etc for St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Catholic School Auction and Gala. Game tickets would need to be for after October 20, 2012. Thank you for these or any other donations! Please call Lorie at 713-443-9319 or email email@example.com.
HELP WANTED - CARE
Looking for Mom’s Assistant/House Manager: A non-smoker, legal to work, no criminal record, own transportation, excellent health/physical shape, some college and computer skills, experience w/autism is plus. Flexible availability, especially 3:30 – 8:30pm (M,T,W,F) and/or 8:30pm – 8 am (S,M,T,W), bonus system, vacation, gas, and sick days. Eldridge and Clay. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
HELP WANTED Serving your community for15 + years
• FENCES • PATIO COVERS • CONCRETE REPAIRS/ SIDEWALKS Fully insured Free Estimates 12 Month Warranty
• HOME INSPECTION REPAIRS • PAINTING INT/EXT • BATHROOM REMODELS • ROOF REPAIR/REPLACE
Sales Position. Looking for a retiree with automotive background and a passion for import autos. Must have articulate phone skills to sell engines to auto repair shops and dealerships throughout the United States. Parttime, commission only. Phone 832-969-5460. Earn $50 to $75 dollars an hour promoting and selling women’s designer fashion jewelry. Work part-time and earn full-time pay with flexible hours. Earn trips, car allowance, free jewelry, plus money. Training provided, must have car and computer. Paid weekly. No experience is needed, but previous direct sales are rewarded. Must be 18 years or older. Contact Amber, email@example.com or 713-505-4250. If no answer, please leave a voice mail message with reference to job and phone number. Enjoy Golf and the outdoors? Hole in One Challenge, a national par 3 company, is seeking sales representatives to promote a par 3 contest on local golf courses. A portion of all sales will help support programs offered
“I’m In PAIN” Can Chiropractic Help ME ? We are often asked, “What’s the best way of finding out whether or not a doctor of chiropractic can help my problem?” We believe the answer can be found in a complete chiropractic consultation and examination, including x-rays. And to help find out for sure, we will do a complete consultation and examination, including x-rays, if necessary, (procedures that normally cost $187.00 or more) for $25.00. We will make this special program available through October. The only exception to the offer involves personal injury cases (workers’ compensation and auto accidents) in which there is no charge directly to the patient.
DR. LARA-ANN CLINTON DR. JOE CLINTON
281-855-2277 Bear Creek Professional Center HWY. 6
CAIRNWAY CLAY ROAD
4654 Hwy. 6 North, Suite 305
THESE CONDITIONS ARE SOME OF THE DANGER SIGNALS: Headache Arthritic pain by stiff neck Loss of sleep Scoliosis (Curvature of the spine) Leg pain & numbness Arm pain & numbness Backache Fatigue Tension Whiplash Injury
Reg. $187.00 Program
Must present ad at time of appointment. Expires 10/31/2012
YOUR INITIAL VISIT WILL INCLUDE:
✓ A private consultation with the doctor. ✓ X-rays, if necessary. ✓ A thorough spinal examination including orthopedic & neurological test.
✓ A confidential report of our findings. ✓An explanation of our treatment procedure if we determine chiropractic can help you.
✓A REFERRAL TO THE PROPER SPECIALIST IF WE DETERMINE CHIROPRACTIC CAN’T HELP YOU.
CHIROPRACTIC HEALTH and WELLNESS CENTER to young people through The First Tee. Work a 5 hour shift - approximately 8:00 AM to 1:00 PM (weekends with occasional weekdays). $10 per hour plus commission after reaching minimum sales goal. Daily pay. Positions are available immediately. Must be able to pass drug test. Please contact Larry Wilkerson 281-345-1517. Visit www.holeinonechallenge.com Allstate insurance agency looking for a CSR. Permanent part time, 2530 hours per week. Must have current P/C license, $15-$18 per hour. firstname.lastname@example.org, 281-492-2626. Katy area child care in need of part time and full time child care providers. Contact Mrs. Dana, 281-394-5437. Manta Ray Enterprises, Inc. (MRE, Inc.) is always in search of highly motivated Real Estate Agents who’s core values that are aligned with that of the Broker’s. You are not expected to have the exact know-how when you start. But open minded and willing to learn from a TREC-MCE Instructor with over 28 years experience on leasing and working with property management with single family homes & condos. MRE, Inc. will guide you on the proper forms to use. Broker will provide a one-on-one support to any Real Estate Agent willing and wanting to learn more. MRE, Inc. will assist you to better serve your clients/customers/investors with sales, leases and property management. MRE, Inc. has been recognized and involved with Katy ISD, Community Education for more than 23 years at Taylor High School in Katy. MRE, Inc. offers incentive packages along with additional Real Estate knowledge. For more information and to get started on your new career today; please contact the Broker, “Tisha” Matticks, at email@example.com .
or office. Apply at 1035 Dairy Ashford, Suite 225, Houston, TX, 77079, Monday through Thursday, 8 AM to 11 AM. Martial Arts USA is hiring qualified Tae Kwon Do Black Belts with WTF certification, over 18 years of age, background checks and interviews will be conducted. Contact Master Shin or Master An at 281-463-9333 or email YoungAn@cyfairtkd.com.Location, 17121 West Rd. Suite 200 Houston TX 77095. Wanted - Hairstylists. Looking for a fun and relaxing place to work, one that appreciates you? Look no further! Sheri Marie’s Salon & Co. is hiring great hairstylists. Visit www.sherimariesalonco.com or call 281-463-7375. About Hair Salon and Day Spa is seeking experienced stylists. Apply in person 15422 FM 529, Houston, TX 77095. LL Hair Studio Salon is hiring experienced stylists! Visit our website at www.LLHairStudio.com to learn more, or call us today at 281-550-5302. Now Hiring! Do you love children? Small private preschool is now accepting applications. Must be dependable and energetic. Will train. Must have copy of High School Diploma or GED and copy of Social Security Card. Apply in person to 16618 Clay Road, Suite 400. 281-656-2273. Michelle’s Salon is looking for good experience hairstylist, massage therapist, nail tech and esthetician, lease or commission. 832-878-1052.
Now hiring security officers, part time/full time. No experience necessary. Retirees welcome. All shifts available. Accepting applications Monday - Thursday, 8 AM - 11 AM. Located at 1035 Dairy Ashford, Suite 225, Houston, Texas 77079. Phone: 281-759-1035.
The Pediatric Dentist of Katy is looking for a highly motivated Registered Dental Assistant. Our Pediatric Dental practice is located at 24022 Cinco Village Center Blvd., Suite 210 in Katy. Our office hours are Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 8 AM to 5 PM, with lunch from 12-1 PM. On Fridays we are open from 7:30 AM to 3 PM. Please bring by your resume in person.
Position available for an experienced sales/appointment setter for a local security company. Offering salary plus commission, work from home
Housekeepers needed. Great hours for mom’s with school age children. 281-861-0394.
2012 Project Pink Tickets $65 each $600 table of 10 $750 VIP table of 10 Tickets on sale now!
Position available for an experienced hair stylist with a great attitude and good clientele. Benefits available. Call Images Hair Studio at 281-256-2286. Dental Assistant needed, at least 2 years of experience, must be state licensed. 281-550-0900. Dental assistant position available. F/T, nonsmoker, experienced preferred, knowledge of Dentrix software and bilingual a plus. Must be state licensed; Front desk receptionist, bilingual preferred. Fax resume to: 281-861-7174. Or call 281-861-7500. Applications being accepted at Salon Picasso Studios. Lease/commission. 281-861-9911. Residential Electrician(s): Journeyman or helper/apprentice. Have experience, references & contact info. ready, beginners last employment info. Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PETS FOR SALE
Cavalier King Charles puppies for sale. Beautiful, healthy and sweet. Call 281-743-3500.
LOST & FOUND
FOUND: 8GB SanDisk, looks like a disk that you would use in a camera and has files with pictures of a proposal, engagement photos and wedding photos. The wedding photos look like the wedding was up north. Call 713-545-8245.
HOMES FOR LEASE
For lease: Nice home in Copperfield. Just under 2000 square feet, 4 bedrooms, 2 baths, 2-car garage. Walking distance to Holmsley Elementary and LCHS. Nice quiet street in peaceful neighborhood. Recent AC and heater replacements. Lots of tile. Looking for good long-term tenants, who pay rent on time and take care of property. Rent below market price. Call 281-773-4996 for info.
Room for rent in family home, Katy-Fry Road at Morton, all bills paid, non smoker, $375. Call 713-822-8615 - individual.
Timeshare: rent a lovely condo for a full week in Hawaii. Sleeps 4, fully stocked kitchen. What else needs to be said... It’s Hawaii! $795. For information contact Cheryl at 281-855-7427. Las Vegas Timeshare - On the Strip near the airport, sleeps 4, full kitchen, dining & living; jacuzzi in room, 2 TV’s/2 Phones, 2 pools outside building, fitness room, washer/dryer/safe in room, 4 days $355 - 7 days $500. No added fees. Cheryl 281-543-2409. Vacation home for rent: Hill country vacation home, Cedar Creek Cabin, new 2/2 with loft, fully furnished, huge front porch, satellite TV, beautiful views, abundant wildlife, Frio River at Concan near Garner State Park, sleeps 8. Call 866-7CON-CAN or go to www.frioman.com for more information.
NOVENA TO ST. JUDE
May the Sacred Heart of Jesus be adored, glorified, loved and preserved throughout the world, now and forever. Sacred Heart of Jesus have mercy on us. St. Jude, worker of miracles, pray for us. St. Jude help of the hopeless, pray for us. Say Novena 9 times a day for 9 days. It has never been known to fail. Publication must be promised. Thank you St. Jude – CM DH SGV CR Due to the amount of space involved and the response of those wishing to publish a Novena to St. Jude, a Novena to St. Jude will be published along with a list of initials of those wishing to publish one. We are sorry, but we cannot make exceptions. $5 Charge for each Novena per area. Please specify which area you would your Novena to appear in. Krenek Printing.
Important Numbers Bear Creek Meadows Info. Preferred Management Service P.O. Box 690269 • Houston, TX 77269-0269 Ph. 281-897-8808 • Fax 281-897-88389 Police/Fire Emergency 911 Sheriff’s Office 713-221-6000 Schools 281-897-4000 Cy-Fair ISD Administration 281-463-5978 Cy-Fair ISD Transportation N/A at print time Emery Elementary 281-856-9870 Hemmenway Elementary 281-463-5966 Jowell Elementary 281-463-5380 McFee Elementary 281-463-5353 Hopper Middle School 281-345-3260 Kahla Middle School 281-856-1500 Thorton Middle School 281-856-3800 Cy-Lakes High School 281-345-3000 Cy-Springs High School Utilities CenterPoint Energy Power Outages Street Lights - Not working
MR. HANDYMAN NOW OFFERING
PLUMBING SERVICES at AFFORDABLE PRICES!
In-Home Repairs & Installation of
MPL # 19383
Water Heaters • Toilets • Sinks Faucets • Showers • Disposals 20+ Year Experienced Plumbers • Upfront Pricing • Licensed & Insured
For all your home maintenance and repair needs call us today. No job is too small.
10% Off Labor with this ad $200 Maximum Discount
Owner: Cypress/Tomball Resident Since 1974 Fully Insured-General Liability and Workers’ Compensation.
713-659-2111 1-800-332-7143 713-207-2222
11740 Barker Cypress www.joelmuller.com Hablamos Español
State Farm Insurance
Providing Insurance and Financial Services Home Office: Bloomington, Illinois 61710
& REPAIRING ALL JAPANESE & AMERICAN VEHICLES!
Quality and service are not expensive... they are priceless.
Thursday is Ladies Day!
10% OFF ALL REPAIRS
Serving Highway 6 area for over 15 years!
HAPPY H KARZ
5930 Hwy 6 North, Bldg K
We Buy & Sell Cars!!
OIL & FILTER CHANGE
Includes: Replace engine oil with Castrol GTX oil and oil ﬁlter. Check ﬂuid levels-battery, radiator, transmission, power steering, brakes, clutch and windshield washer-inspect wiper blades, check CV joint boots for damage. Inspect tires for wear and damage, check pressure (including spare) and inﬂate to proper PSI. Expires 10/31/2012
OUR LOW PRICE
Includes: Replace front brake pads: inspect front discs and calipers, rear discs and calipers ( or rear drums and wheel cylinders), inspect brake lines, hoses and master cylinder. Adjust parking brake. Prices vary by auto age and style. Call for estimate.
TIMING BELT SPECIALS
CLUTCH REPLACEMENT SPECIAL
AXLE REPLACEMENT SPECIAL
Regular Price with this coupon Expires 10/31/2012
Regular Price with this coupon Expires 10/31/2012
Regular Price with this coupon Expires 10/31/2012
7,500/ $ 22,500/ with this coupon 37,500/...Expires 10/31/2012
Regular Price with this coupon Expires 10/31/2012
Your Local Maid Service for 20 Years • SAME DAY • SAME CREW • AFFORDABLE • BONDED • INSURED • REFERENCES • SUPPLIES FURNISHED
ALL SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE PROGRAM
SPECIAL SMALL SERVICE
%off 10 brake work
with this coupon
Tammy Smith, Owner-Operated
18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
New customer only on regular schedule. Not valid with any other offer. Not valid for one time or empty cleans.
28 29 30 31
October 1... October 8... October 8...
Child Health Day October 16... National Children’d Day October 28... Columbus Day October 31...
National Boss Day Mother-In-Law Day Halloween
Klassic Garage Doors Professional Garage Door Repair We replace or repair garage doors or garage door openers.
• Maintenence • Replace Panels
• Broken Springs • Door Off Track
qery Call anytime 24 hour emergency service available
281-408-0028 281-763-4310 Cell 16