Official Newsletter of
Settler’s Village Your newsletter can now be viewed online at www.krenekprinting.com Newsletters - Hwy 6 - Settler’s Village
THE PRESIDENT’S LETTER (FROM THE SETTLERS VILLAGE HOA BOARD)
Please take a moment to visit the neighborhood’s new website located at www.settlersvillagehoa.com . The Board is very interested in any and all feedback. As the summer heat ﬁnally begins to wane, there is very little news to update everyone to. The Board will be evaluating the status of the pool fund in the coming budget meeting. Please watch this newsletter and our website for details. We are getting very close. Storms did damage one of the Whitwell signs on West Little York. President Rodgers has ordered bidding to evaluate replacement. The HOA also received a preliminary bid to restore the sign on FM 529, which currently stands at a bit over $7,900. The Board noted, though, that lighting repairs had not been included and needed evaluation. As a reminder to our residents, the sign will be restored without a marquis. A separate structure for that will be evaluated at a later date. The neighborhood has received absolutely no volunteers for anything in any form. So, as expected, the neighborhood can offer no activities to try and strengthen the community. This includes National Night Out, which occurs on October 2nd and Thanksgiving or Christmas events. We hope to offer the Christmas decoration contest but again, that depends on the availability of volunteers. In the same vein, the ﬂag has been restored to FM 529 but the volunteer for that has moved away. Hopefully a volunteer will step forward for that - perhaps a scout troop. The Board of Directors for Harris County MUD #105 met on July 16, 2012. The meeting was called to order and declared open for such business as might regularly come before it. The minutes of the meeting held on June 18, 2012 were presented, reviewed and approved. Michael Keefe then presented a tax assessor/collector’s report. A full Strategic Partnership Agreement update will be available at the next meeting. 2011 taxes are 98.4% collected. The Board also reviewed the bookkeeper’s report and after payment of bills, the general fund balance will stand at $651,223.60. The capital projects fund balance is $2,934,812.10. The debt service fund balance is $3,318,122.03. The Board next reviewed the operator’s report. The District has 2,234 connections. After discussion, the Board approved a meter check by
October 2012 Settler’s Village
ADVANCED HOME EXTERIORS WE DON’T TRY TO DO IT ALL... WE ONLY DO WHAT WE DO BEST! SIDING, WINDOWS, ROOFING & INSULATION HardiePlank Siding & Exterior Painting Energy Efﬁcient Replacement Windows Re-Rooﬁng -- Blown-In Attic Insulation
HardiePlank or Window Replacement *Minimum purchase required
Recommended by Tom Tynan, SportsRadio 610 am Call Today for Your Free Estimate!
Lone Star College-CyFair
and FREE festivities ! family FUN
Petting zoo, pumpkin patch , duck races, po ny carousel, carnival ride moonwalks an s, d more!
OCTOBER 13, 2012 10 am - 2 pm
LoneStar.edu/cy-fest 9191 Barker Cypress Cypress, TX 77433
Accumeter. It was noted that the District is no longer receiving water from the interconnects and will supply its own water unless conditions dictate otherwise. It was noted that a breaker at the water plant was tripping due to the heat and the operator recommended installation of an air-conditioning unit. Director Brandenburg requested that the operators present proposals for an air-conditioning unit at the plant. It was stated that the Board should not wait until the next meeting to install a unit. After discussion, the Board authorized the operator to solicit three bids for an air-conditioning unit not to exceed $5,000 with Director Craig making the ﬁnal decision on which bid to accept. It was noted that the arsenic removal kit was purchased for Water Plant No. 2 and that Layne will replace a ﬁlter. There was an inquiry as to excessive lab fees and it was explained that extra samples are required by the TCEQ to bypass the pilot study normally associated with an arsenic removal system. The operator will have a proposal for smoke testing at the next Board meeting. The operator then submitted a list of delinquent accounts to the Board for termination of utility service and stated that the accounts in question have been given written notiﬁcation of the opportunity to appear, either in person or in writing, at the Board meeting to contest, explain or correct the charges, services or disconnection. The operator noted that the accounts listed had neither attended today’s meeting nor contacted the operator’s ofﬁce or the District to contest or explain the charges. After discussion, the Board unanimously authorized the District operator to proceed with termination of the utility service pursuant to the provisions of the District’s Rate Order and approved the operator’s report as presented. Jason Johnson and Delea Cooper presented an engineer’s report. Regarding the MUD 105/165 interconnect at Settler’s Village, the engineers are awaiting receipt of the TxDOT permit and anticipate submitting plans to Harris County and the City of Houston for approval within one month. The engineers continued to coordinate with CenterPoint Energy on the consent to encroach for the Water Well No. 4 project. Pay Application No. 4 and Final in the amount of $62,014.90 for the Water Well No. 2 arsenic removal project was recommended for approval. The operators are coordinating with the engineers on data needed for a TCEQ post-performance submittal and the package should be submitted within one month. The contracts for Water Well No. 3 have been forwarded to the contractor for execution. Prior to execution by the Board, they will be forwarded to the attorney for ﬁnal review and approval. The onsite preconstruction meeting was held at 10:00 AM with Champions Hydro-Lawn for the Eagle Ranch detention basin storm water quality feature replacement and the District engineers will continue to monitor the construction progress. With regard to Lift Station No. 2 and offsite utilities to serve the District, Cy-Fair ISD requested the project be closed and the remaining electrical work be completed with a separate contract once coordination with CenterPoint is complete. Mr. Johnson then provided an update regarding Jasmine Heights, Section Five/West Little York Road street extension projects. After further review and discussion, the Board unanimously approved the engineer’s report as presented and authorized payment of the pay application. Larry Kupstas presented a developer’s report and noted that D. R. Horton closed on another portion of the Jasmine Heights subdivision as anticipated. Mr. Kupstas reported that D. R. Horton would be coordinating the development of this portion with the District directly. The Harris County Municipal Utility District (MUD) Board #105 is an independent governmental agency that is completely separate from the Settlers Village Homeowners Association (SVHOA). Its members are: Steve Breard - President Charles LaConti - Vice President Stanley Craig - Assistant Vice-President Kathy Cones - Secretary Pam Brandenburg - Assistant Secretary
WE’RE JUST AROUND THE CORNER
heritagetexas.com Thirteen Offices Strong To Better Serve You
25250 NW Freeway, Suite 200 Cypress, Texas 77429
All are residents and property owners within the district. The MUD Board can be contacted via their attorney Taylor Goodall of Smith, Murdaugh, Little & Bonham at 713-652-6500. Please also remember the rules regarding personal sign postings. The placing of private signs of any type onto county owned sign poles or Centerpoint owned light poles is expressly prohibited per Texas House bill. Please do not subject yourself to the embarrassment of having your signs removed by the HOA or having a deputy come tell you that they must be removed. Jurisdiction for enforcement is shared by the Harris County JP and District courts. While the deputies have been asked to be lenient toward illegal signage, a discussion is now underway to allow the deputies to cite offenders as more than enough time has passed to allow everyone to become familiar with the new rules. Lastly, a quick reminder that Steve Breard is still collecting aluminum cans for the neighborhood with all proceeds going to the capital improvement fund for our pool. In 2010 we collected $278 and $297 in 2011. We have collected $125 so far for 2012. Please rinse and bag the cans to minimize the attraction to bugs. They can be dropped at 6642 Cove Lake. Thanks all and good luck to everyone; Settlers Village HOA
Michele Verwold Vice President of Sales
Because this will be my full time assignment, I will be working with all of the contracts much closer than has been done in the past. I will be reviewing all of the reports of crime occurring in the various neighborhoods and meeting with the deputies assigned to the contract programs and discussing problems. In addition, I will be reviewing reports made by Houston Police Officers, as a result of calls they make in the City contracts. I will be working closely with their crime analyst in an attempt to deal with problems as they develop. As a Crime Prevention Officer, I will be able to do home security inspections that may qualify home owners with a discount on their home owner’s insurance, as much as 5-10% depending on the insurance carrier. If I have not met you already, I look forward to doing so in the very near future. I am available to attend your neighborhood meetings or even informal gatherings to discuss crime prevention. My County email is Mitchell.firstname.lastname@example.org, my cell number is 281-7046825. Please feel free to contact me with any problems or question. National Night Out will be held Tuesday, October 2, 2012 this year. I will be making a list of the gatherings, so please advise me of the address and time of each gathering so that we can have deputies make all the locations. If you have any questions please call me.
PRECINCT 5 SECURITY COORDINATORS:
By way of introduction, I am Sgt. Mitch Hutter. Constable Camus has assigned me to the newly created position of Community Contact. I have been with Precinct 5 for over 20 years and have spent the entire time as a Deputy/Sergeant in the contract deputy program. Primarily, I have worked in contracts in the city. I am a Certified Crime Prevention Specialist.
RESIDENTIAL STATISTICS FOR SETTLERS VILLAGE
(July 2012 Snapshot) 1. Settlers Stats
% CHANGE 1 MONTH
% CHANGE 1 YEAR
2. Delinquency in Review July 2011 170 July 2012 177 June 2012 186 Total dollar delinquency for the neighborhood in July stood at $179,963.96 translating to a 7.6% increase from one year ago and a 1.4% decrease from one month ago. While the dollar delinquency translates to the equivalent of 625 delinquent properties, there are actually 177 properties (as opposed to 170 in 2011) in delinquency. 3. Deed Restriction Violations July 2011 231 July 2012 274 June 2012 247
As indicated earlier this year, Settlers is giving increased attention toward property upkeep and that means enforcement in the form of forced mowing and legal action is on the upswing. Property owners need to understand that keeping your yard mowed and trimmed is one of the least expensive methods to maintaining the property values in Settlers Village. And just the same as with maintenance fees, a timely action and response to violations is your obligation as a resident and/or a property owner. Ignoring a problem will not make it go away but it will make it more expensive as the lawyers become involved.
SECURITY STATS SETTLERS/ DISTRICT
FOR JULY 2012 Accident Alarm Animal-Humane/Aggressive Assault Arrests Fire/Arson Citizen Contact/Assist/Info Reports Burglary/Theft-Cars, Homes, Business Miscellaneous Special Watch Vacation Watch Contract Check/ Patrol Bus/ parking lot checks Criminal Mischief Runaway Disturbance Family Disturbance all other
02/03 13/24 01/01 02/07 02/08 0 36/95 06/31 00/04 25/49 00/01 11/12 116/207 113 0 0 01/01 14/43
Suspicious Person Suspicious Vehicle Trafﬁc stop w/ warning Trafﬁc stop w/ citation Park patrol Robbery Repossession Stolen Car
02/09 04/21 01/16 02/19 0 0 0 02/06
Thanks to a call from vigilant residents on August 12th at 3:45 PM, deputies arrested 2 young males on drug charges at the Settlers Village Family Park. The 2 individuals were previously known to deputies, but not residents of Settlers Village. There was no violence and their car was impounded. Evening deputy Dawkins has decided to leave the force for a new opportunity. Settlers wishes him well in his new career. Deputy Martinez has stepped in to replace him as of Saturday, August 25th. Deputy Martinez comes to the district from the Sharpstown contracts. If you get chance, please make him feel welcome. FREE HOME INSPECTION SURVEY Save 5 to 10% on your homeowners insurance (Depending on your insurance carrier) GET SIMPLE SUGGESTIONS ON HOW TO BETTER SECURE YOUR HOME Call the Pct5 constable’s ofﬁce at 281-463-6666 and ask for Sergeant Mitch Hutter J. Goff Harris County Constable, Precinct Five Lieutenant Patrol I 281-492-3624 As always, if you see anything or anyone that looks suspicious or out of place, please call the deputies to investigate at 713-463-6666 or use 911 if it is an emergency. Deputies do not need to come by your house is you feel that might cause problems or endanger your family. Please remember to abide by the laws the legislature has put into place regarding personal signage. It is very embarrassing to have an ofﬁcer show up at your home to remind you the practice of placing personal signage on county owned sign poles and Centerpoint owned streetlights is not allowed. Anyone 16 years of age and is subject to the county’s curfew and must be off the streets between midnight and 6 AM. Also included are daytime school hours between 8 AM and 2 PM. This applies to home schooled children as well. Ofﬁcers have instructions to either arrest offenders or take them home to their parents.
RAUL MALDONADO REMEMBERED
April 12, 1922 - July 6, 2012 Raul Maldonado was born in Berclair Texas on April 12, 1922 to Hermenehildo Maldonado and Virginia Macias Maldonado. He was the third of four children before the family moved to Brownsville, TX. He was a WWII veteran and served in the United States Air Force/ U.S. Army Air Corps as an Arial Reconnaissance Photographer and Map Surveyor. After serving his country, he returned to the Rio Grande Valley and worked in the family bakery along with working as a Freight Forwarder. Raul moved his family to Houston TX in 1967 where he continued working and attending school for computer programming. Raul was a 4th Degree Knight with the Knights of Columbus at Corpus Christi Catholic Church in Houston TX. Raul Maldonado is survived by his wife Herminia Guerra Maldonado, son Raul R Maldonado, daughter Mirna Maldonado Salinas, daughter-in-law Mary Ann Kershaw
Be Safe! Service Your Heater Today!
281-347-2665 nd Free estimate or 2 opinion
• Annual Maintenance Programs • All repairs guaranteed • Serving area since 1994
License TACLB 24777E and Insured
Air Conditioning Contractors of America
$25 off any repair
Duct Inspection with tune-up
Up to 36 Months
financing available on select systems WAC
Your Neighborhood Plumber
$25 OFF With this Ad
Complete Plumbing & Drain Service We Welcome Your Questions • Open 7 Days a Week
DEDICATED TO FAMILY DENTISTRY FOR OVER 20 YEARS
15757A FM 529 • Houston • Located in the Target Shopping Center
Visit us at our website: www.McDonaldDental.com
• Same Day Appointments Available • Nitrous Oxide for Relaxation • Zoom Advanced Power Teeth Whitening • Most Insurance Plans Accepted • 0% Interest for 6 Months Upon Approval • Crowns, Bridges, Bonding & Porcelain Veneers • Single Visit Crowns (CEREC) • Under Armour Performance Mouthwear TM
NEW PATIENT SPECIAL FREE Exam • FREE X-Rays FREE Consultation FREE Second Opinion Some Restrictions May Apply. Call for Details. Coupon must be presented at time of appointment. Expires 10/31/12
Maldonado, son-in-law Jorge Salinas, grandchildren John Thomas and Christina Noelle Salinas, brother Frank Maldonado, four nieces and ﬁve nephews. Raul was honored with a full regalia rosary and funeral mass by the 4th degree Knights of Columbus at Corpus Christi Catholic Church. Interment was at the Veterans Memorial National Cemetery on Veterans Memorial Dr.
La La Rosie Resale
TEENAGE JOB SEEKERS
If you are between 12 and 18 and would like to be added to the teenage job seeker’s list, please ﬁll out the form in the newsletter with your name, age, birthdate (mon. & yr.), phone number, (one only) year you will graduate (or grade presently in) and the name of your subdivision. Check the list of jobs you want on your form. Email to email@example.com (preferred) or mail to Krenek Printing, 7102 Glen Chase Ct., Houston, TX 77095. Must have parent(s) permission. (Revised 8/12) If your name was left off the list, it is because you did not return our call/email to update our records. You will have to resubmit your information to be put back on.
Babysitter Info Not Available Online TEENAGE JOB SEEKERS
A Resale/Consignment Boutique Opening delayed to
Oct 20th at 10am
a Resale/Consignment store for home décor and small furniture items. I’m looking for anyone interested in teaching a craft in the craft area and any crafters interested in selling their items in the store. Call Christine Meza
17039 FM 529 (located in the Stone Creek Shopping Center)
Please place my name on the Job Seekers List
(Students must be 12 before they can be added to the babysitting list.) Please fill in ALL information or we cannot put you on the list. Job(s) _________________________________ ❑ B -Babysitting Name _________________________________ ❑ SS -Safe Sitter
❑ SL -Swim Lessons
Address ________________________________ ❑ CPR -CPR Certified
Babysitter Info Not Available Online
❑ FAC -First Aid Cert. ❑ RCC -Red Cross Cert. Birthdate - Mo/Yr_________________________ ❑ P -Pet Care (only) ❑ PP -Pet/Plant Sitter Age ______ Current Grade ______ Class of ____ ❑ H -Housecare Phone _________________________________ ❑ L -Lawncare ❑ T -Tutor Subdivision______________________________ ❑ C -Car Detailing
I give my permission for my child’s name and phone number to be published in the ‘Teenage Job Seekers’ section of our subdivision newsletter. Parent Signature ____________________________________________________
email to: firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred)
or mail to: Krenek Printing Co. 7102 Glen Chase Ct., Houston, TX 77095 www.krenekprinting.com Settler’s Village
JP Roofing & Gutters
CYPRESS-FAIRBANKS INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT
5 inch - 6 inch Seamless Gutters Flat Roofs • Metal Roofs + Leak Repairs HardiPlank Siding Int./Ext. Painting & Repairs
WWW.CFISD.NET IMPORTANT DATES
October 29th - Student Holiday
Your Satisfaction is Our Future
AIR CONDITIONING & HEATING, INC.
Includes all discounts & Promotions Must Present Coupon at time of Service
License # TACLA1038C
Financing Available WAC Greater Houston
19 pt. Heat Check-up or Service
ELECTRICIAN 5 Year Warranty* 100% Customer Satisfaction Guaranteed!
$30 Off Any Service Call! WIRED 713-467-1125 281-897-0001 Not to be combined with any other discount or offer.
Electrical Services Residential & Commercial
P P P P P P
Mount Flat Screens Generators Lighting
Panel Replacement Cable/Phone
24/7 Service • Same Rates 7 Days a Week Family Owned & Operated Award Winner
Master #100394 • TECL #22809
AT CY-FAIR ISD “VOLUNTEERS ARE A TREASURE”
Volunteers are a treasure in Cy-Fair ISD because they center the attention of their service on supporting students and staff and making a signiﬁcant contribution to the education of children. These dedicated individuals are just like you, they give freely of their time and resources and they have an impact on the academic and personal development of our students. Cypress-Fairbanks ISD is fortunate to be able to draw from a terriﬁc diversity of skills and knowledge in its community. If you are interested in being a part of an exciting group of volunteers and making a difference in your Cy-Fair Schools or would like more information, please feel free to contact Pam Scott, Partners in Education Director at 281-894-3950.
CY-FAIR ISD VOLUNTEER OCTOBER 2012 TRAININGS & EVENTS “VOLUNTEERS ARE A TREASURE”
October 2nd - PIE Mentor Training, 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM, Berry Center. Training for individuals committed to serve as a role model and friend to CFISD students. October 9th - VIPS Math Training - 9:30 AM to 11:30 AM, Berry Center. Participants will learn the approach to the process and actions used in elementary math. This class will be presented by the CFISD math coordinator. October 10th - Virtual Volunteer Training, 9:30 AM to 11:00 AM, ISC West. Training for Volunteer Coordinators and Liaisons to learn how to effectively and efﬁciently manage their campus Virtual Volunteer account. October 16th - Junior Achievement Volunteer Training, 9:30 AM to 12:00 PM, Berry Center. The purpose of Junior Achievement is to educate and inspire young people to value free enterprise, understand business and economics and be workforce ready. October 24th - Virtual Volunteer Training, 1:00 PM to 2:30 PM, ISC West. Training for Volunteer Coordinators and Liaisons to learn how to effectively and efﬁciently manage their campus Virtual Volunteer account. October 25th - Language Arts, Pre-K - 1st Training, 9:30 AM to 12:00 PM, Berry Center. This training is designed for volunteers and parents helping Pre-K through 1st Grade students. You will learn how to read aloud interactively to a classroom, helping to boost their comprehension. October 30th - VIPS Fall Conference, 8:00 AM to 2 PM, Berry Center. A day of informative workshops is offered to volunteers, staff, parents and community members designed to support the work of volunteers in all district schools. Registration forms are available in schools and in the PIE dept. How to register for training: With the exception of Hearing and Vision Certiﬁcation, register for training by emailing the PIE ofﬁce at vipsrsvp@cﬁsd.net; please send a separate email for each training you wish to attend. Provide your name and the name and date of the training in each email. Registration is required to guarantee a seat and training materials. Adults only.
Happy Halloween from ...
Jatinder Judge, DMD • Amandeep Judge, DDS
• Crown & Bridge • Oral Surgery • Orthodontics • Root Canal Therapy • Treatment for Gum Disease • Cosmetic Dentistry • Dentures • Veneers • Nitrous Available Upon Request
NEW PATIENT EXAM OR
Adult Exam Incl: New Patient Exam, 4 Bite-wing Xrays & Basic Cleaning. Child Exam (12 years & under) Incl: New Patient Exam, 4 Bite-wing Xrays, Basic Child Cleaning & Fluoride treatment. Not in Conjunction With Other Offers. (Not Applicable With Insurance Plans) Expires 11/15/12
With Free Take Home Bleaching Kit. Some Restrictions Apply. Expires 11/15/12
Senior Discount Available Children Welcome (6 mos. & up)
UPWARD BASKETBALL AND CHEERLEADING
GS FA MILY DENTISTRY
IMPLANTS AVAILABLE IMPLANT CONSULT
145 (REG. $325)
Includes Consultation and X-ray Not in Conjunction with Other Offers Expires 11/15/12
BEAR CREEK UMC
WEST NILE VIRUS
Harris County Public Health and Environmental Services (HCPHES) requested the district’s assistance in distributing prevention and protection information about West Nile Virus. Outdoor temperatures remain high and warm weather means more mosquitoes. Although the number of people in Harris County contracting West Nile Virus is lower than in other parts of Texas, HCPHES has documented a rise of West Nile Virus in mosquitoes and birds. For your convenience, information is posted on the district website. If you have questions or need additional information, please go to www.hcphes.org and view 2012 West Nile Virus Response.
Bear Creek Baptist Church is offering Upward Basketball and Cheerleading for K-8th Grade. Cost is $75 for Basketball and $80 for Cheerleading. They will have one hour of practices a week and on Saturdays they will have a game for one hour. Every practice and game takes place on our Campus. They will learn great new skills from encouraging coaches. Registration begins October 15th. Each child needs to attend one evaluation session. Our ﬁrst Evaluations will be Monday, Tuesday and Thursday, November 5th, 6th and 8th, between 6:00 PM and 8:00 PM in our Gym on the North side of our Church. We will also have one on Saturday, November 10th between 10:00 AM and 12:00 Noon. We will kick off the season with a Skills Clinic on Saturday, December 1st and practices will begin the next week starting December 5th. You can register on line at www.bearcreekchurch.tv/sports (click on Upward Sports). Contact Linda Newhouse at Linda.email@example.com for more information. Bear Creek Baptist Church at 5901 N. Fry Rd. Katy, TX 77449 - phone 281-859-9900.
1 HR(REG. IN-OFFICE $650)
H IG H W AY 6
Serving the Copperfield area for over 7 years. COMPLETE COSMETIC AND RESTORATIVE DENTISTRY We accept most insurance plans. Hrs. by Appointment, Saturdays Available
H U F F M EIS TER R D .
Where your comfort is our priority!
AD D ICKS S ATS U M A
15003 FM 529 Ste. G, Houston, TX 77095 (Located next to Popeyes)
Celebrates our 11th season of UPWARD Basketball and Cheerleading Registration will begin October 1, 2012 and ends December 8, 2012. Evaluations are December 1, 2012 from 2 PM to 6 PM and December 8, 2012 from 9 AM to 12 noon. Practices begin January 2, 2013 with the ﬁrst game on January 19, 2013. Last game will be March 9, 2013 and Awards Night is March 10, 2012. Costs are Basketball $75 and Cheerleading $80. For more information, visit bearcreekumc.org or call Larry Tyree at 281-463-2330 ext.119 or firstname.lastname@example.org (email).
WEST HOUSTON CHURCH OF CHRIST UPWARD SPORTS BASKETBALL REGISTRATION
The West Houston church of Christ is now registering for its second season of Upward Sports basketball. Registration ends on November 3rd, with team evaluations that same day. With just a 1-hour practice and 1-hour game each week, Upward Sports ﬁts your lifestyle while promoting the values that matter to you. Coaches and fans won’t yell at your child; they’ll cheer for them instead! To register, go to our website: www. westhoustonchurch.org or call the ofﬁce at 281-856-0001. Go to www. upward.org for more information about the Upward Sports programs.
Registration is open for fall Flag Football, Basketball, Soccer and T-Ball/Baseball leagues in Katy! i9 Sports is the #1 provider of youth sports leagues, camps and instructional clinics in the country for kids ages 3-14. We focus on fun, skills and sportsmanship with a commitment to safety. For more information, please visit www. i9sports.com or call 281-398-PLAY (7529).
CY-FAIR SPORTS ASSOCIATION
Cy-Fair Sports Association is having baseball, football, cheerleading, drill team and wrestling sign ups right now. Check out the website for more information www.cy-fairsports.org
QUALITY PLUMBING Operated by Master Plumbers MLP19029
• Quality Work at Reasonable Rates • All Phases of Plumbing • Faucets/Toilets • Garbage Disposals • Water Heaters • Drain & Sewer Cleaning • Sewer Line Video Camera • Gas Tests and Repairs • Pipe Repairs • 7 Days a week • 24 Hour Service • 27 Years Experience $
We provide cleaning services for the following:
When you mention this ad.
* Weedends & Holidays Extra
Houses Apartments Condos/Town Homes Move In/Out Weekly • Bi-Weekly Monthly • Once
Call now to schedule your service!
Amaya Garage Doors Does your garage door need service? We can help!
s 4 Hour
Heat Safety Check-Up $ 99 (Reg $89 )
Se Habla Espanol
e y w r • We Offer Service for Most Models • Replace / Repair • Broken Springs • Hurricane Bracing • Reasonable Prices
“The one you will count on for your comfort needs” Service, Repair, Installation On All Brands
Maintenance Agreement Program • 1 Year Warranty on All Parts Financing Available (WAC)
281-744-2539 Emergency www.alpha4realac.com Save $250 on New Energy Star Systems
• Northwest Houston Mothers of Multiples Fall Twice is Nice Sale October 6th, 7 aM-noon - Kids-R-Kids Parking Lot - 10840 Barker Cypress, Cypress, TX 77433. Baby gear, toys, maternity clothes, children & adult clothing, games, household items, books, Halloween costumes and much more. It’s a multiple family sale! • Bear Creek GaraGe SaLe - HPCa’s semi-annual Garage Sale will be on Saturday, October 6th, from 8 aM - 1 PM. Be sure to come and shop for great bargains. Bear Creek is located between Clay Road and addicks-Satsuma, off of Hwy. 6 N. • COPPERBROOK GARAGE SALE - The Copperbrook Fall Community Garage Sale will be held on Saturday, October 6th, from 7:00 aM to 2:00 PM. Rain date will be the following Saturday. Copperbrook is off of West Rd. and Jackrabbit Rd. • CONCORD BRIDGE GARAGE SALE - The last garage sale of 2012 will be on Saturday, October 6th. Signs will be posted at the entrances of the subdivision early that week. Concord Bridge is located by Eldridge and West Little York. • VILLAGE At LAKEPOINtE FALL GARAGE SALE - Saturday, October 6th, 8 aM till Noon. Located off of West Little York, east of Eldridge. • CANyON VILLAGE At CyPRESS SPRINGS COmmuNIty yARD SaLe - The subdivision located at 529/Fry Rd. Saturday, October 13th, 7 aM -1 PM. Take the morning to explore the various sales throughout the neighborhood you never know what treasures await! • WEStGAtE FALL GARAGE SALE: OCtOBER 13th - It’s time again for our biannual Westgate Garage Sale; this year, the fall event will happen on Saturday, October 13th. In case of rain, the garage sale will be the next Saturday. That week, we’ll have signs out at the entrances of the neighborhood to advertise the event for the community. So stop by and find a treasure in Westgate subdivision at Barker Cypress near FM 529. • SHEFFIELD GARAGE SALE - The association will be holding their fall garage sale on Saturday, October 13th, so gather up your items to sell! This will be a one-day event and the association will have the banners/signs put out one week in advance at the entrances off Queenston and FM 529. The subdivision is located off of FM 529 near Langham Creek High School. • CyPRESS mILL GARAGE SALE - Cypress Mill Homeowners association Fall community wide garage sale is Saturday, October 13th. Entrance to the community is on Skinner Road and/or Cypress Rosehill. • COPPERFIELD PLACE VILLAGE GARAGE SALE - Garage sale time is here again! The fall garage sale for CPV is scheduled for Saturday, October 13th. Times will be from dawn to dusk. Shop for great bargains. • LONE OAK COmmuNIty WIDE GARAGE SALE - Saturday, October 13th, from 8:00 aM to 1:00 PM. Lone Oak Community is located on Barker Cypress, between West Road and Longenbaugh, next to the Berry Center in Cypress, TX. Multiple families are participating, come early for best bargains! The rain date is scheduled for Saturday, October 20th. • HuGE ABERDEEN GREEN NEIGHBORHOOD GARAGE SALE - Come shop for bargains at the aberdeen Green Semi-annual Neighborhood Garage! The sale will be on Saturday, October 13th from 7 aM until 2 PM and will be throughout the neighborhood. aberdeen Green is located on Telge Road at West Road, south of Hwy. 290. • BRIDGELAND COmmuNIty GARAGE SALE - October 13th, 8 aM to 12 PM, Festival Park. Looking to find a very special bargain or a unique item? Please come and shop at The Bridgeland Community Garage Sale. Bridgeland is located on Fry Road, between 290 & Tuckerton Rd. across from Cypress Ranch High School.
• CANYON VILLAGE FALL COMMUNITY YARD SALE - Saturday, October 13th, 7 AM-1 PM. Come and shop for great bargains. Canyon Village at Cypress Springs is located off FM 529 and Fry Road. • WESTCREEK VILLAGE COMMUNITY GARAGE SALE - Our Community Garage Sale will be held on Saturday, October 13th, rainout date is the following Saturday, the 20th, from 8 AM till NOON. Westcreek is off of Barker Cypress Rd. between FM 529 and Loganbaugh. • WHEATSTONE VILLAGE COMMUNITY GARAGE SALE Mark your calendars for Saturday, October 13th. The residents of Coppercreek I, Coppercreek II, Cloverﬁeld and Copperstone are having a garage sale from the hours of 8:00 AM until 1:00 PM. Wheatstone is located on Longenbaugh between Hwy. 6 and Barker Cypress. Last year over 50 homes participated. • COPPER GROVE COMMUNITY GARAGE SALE - Copper Grove will have their garage sale on Saturday, October 13th, 8 AM to 2 PM. Gates will be open for the duration of the garage sale. Copper Grove is off of West Road. • SYDNEY HARBOUR COMMUNITY GARAGE SALE - Saturday, October 20th, 8:00 AM - 12:00 NOON. Sydney Harbour is located at Cypress Rosehill and Huffmeister. Multiple families are participating come and shop for bargains and one of a kind items. • ABERDEEN TRAILS COMMUNITY GARAGE SALE - Our semiannual community wide garage sale date is Saturday, October 20th. Come hunt for bargains at homes throughout the neighborhood. There is no rain date, so come shop rain or shine! It is located by Telge Rd. and Tuckerton Rd. • COPPER VILLAGE FALL GARAGE SALE - The Copper Village Fall Garage Sale is scheduled for October 20th, 7:00 AM - 2:00 PM. Copper Village is located near Hwy. 6, off of West Road. • NORTHMEAD VILLAGE ANNUAL GARAGE SALE - The 2012 Northmead Village Annual Garage sale will be held on Saturday, October 20th. Northmead is located in Copperﬁeld off of West Road between Hwy. 6 N and Telge Rd. • HEARTHSTONE COMMUNITY GARAGE SALE - The fall community garage sale is scheduled for Saturday, October 20th. Come and shop for some great bargains. Hearthstone is located off of FM 529, east of Hwy. 6. • BRADFORD COLONY SECTION 3 NEIGHBORHOOD GARAGE SALE - This event will be held on Saturday, October 20th, from 8 AM to Noon (rain or shine). Signs will be posted along Huffmeister Road to direct you towards the neighborhood. Located near Huffmeister Rd. and W. Little York. • CONCORD COLONY COMMUNITY GARAGE SALE - October 27th - 8 AM - ?? Come rain or shine. Search for new and gently used items -furniture, clothes, all kinds of other things, as well as Christmas gifts. • EASTON COMMONS VILLAGE GARAGE SALE - The Easton Commons Community Garage Sale will be held on Saturday, October 27th. The garage sale hours will be 8:00 AM until 5:00 PM. Easton Commons is by West Rd. and Hwy. 6N. • NORWEGIAN CHRISTMAS BAZAAR - The Bazaar will be on Friday, Nov. 2nd (11 AM-5 PM), Saturday, Nov. 3rd (10 AM-4 PM) and Sunday, Nov. 4th (12 Noon-4 PM) at Norwegian Seamen’s Church, 4309 Young Street, Pasadena. There will be unique holiday gifts such as Scandinavian Christmas decorations, trolls, Nisser, Swedish linens and Norwegian jewelry. Great rafﬂe prizes, silent auction and folk dancing on Saturday, bakery with Norwegian speciality cookies/ breads and a wide selection of Scandinavian foods for sale. For more info., call 281-998-8366. • VILLAGES OF LANGHAM CREEK COMMUNITY GARAGE SALE! - Saturday, November 17th and Sunday, November 18th, 8 AM - ?? Rain or Shine! VOLC is located at the intersection of West Little York and Yorktown Crossing to West Little York and Yorkshire Woods Lane. Shop early for the BEST deals!
s nces Pri rties Pa
S Parpa ties
www.SweetiePieParties.com info@SweetiePieParties.com Enjoy 15% OFF Your Next Princess or Spa Party with this ad if you book your party before October 1, 2012.
Fall Festival and Trunk or Treat Sunday, October 28th 3:00 - 6:00 pm Holy Covenant UMC 22111 Morton Road, Katy
Come enjoy games, food, moonwalks, prizes, candy, and fun!
Free Admission Don’t forget to wear your costume! For more information please call:
281.579.1200 or www.holycov.org
FREDDY’S PAINTING www.freddyspainting.net
• Exterior & Interior Paint • Faux Finish/Color Assessment • Hardiplank Installation • Wood Replacement • Siding Replacement & Repair • Sheetrock Repair & Retexturing
Insured & Bonded
e y r w
25 Years Experience • Work Guaranteed • Free Estimates
For all of your plumbing needs, call... ONE CALL DOES IT
Low Price Guarantee Licensed and Insured
• Water Heaters • Drain Problems • Faucet Installation and Repair • Water Leaks and Much More • Gas Test
Any job over $95
ROOK’S AC & Heating 281-861-8052
40 18 Point A/C or Heat Special
FREE 1st lb. Freon 1/2 Priced Condenser Coil Cleaning
1 Yr. Warranty On Parts Changed We Value Your Business All Brands Serviced Local Neighborhood Company Free 2nd Opinions Fast Personalized Service
We Will Heat & Cool Your Castle!
INTERIOR & EXTERIOR 30+ Years Experience/Family Owned
• Carpentry • Sheetrock - Texture • Pressure Washing • Siding - HardiPlank® • Refinish - Staining • References • Insured & Bonded
e y r w
Bear Creek Animal Clinic Pet Wellness Fair Saturday, October 20th, (8am-11:30am) www.bearcreekanimalclinic.com Ask about Senior and Dental Days
New Lower Prices On Our Wellness Packages !!!
Call for Information 4924 Hwy. 6 N. (South of Kieth Harrow)
Grooming/Boarding Available! 14
• ST. BARTHOLOMEW HAPPY HEARTS BAZAAR - The Annual St. Bartholomew Happy Hearts Bazaar, 5356 Eleventh Street, Katy TX 77493 on Sat., Oct. 6th, from 4 PM to 7 PM and Sun., Oct. 7th, from 8 AM to 4 PM. High quality handmade gifts, items to decorate your home, a boutique with purses, jewelry, etc., delicious homemade desserts, chicken soup and breakfast pastries on Sunday morning. • 32nd ANNUAL KATY RICE HARVEST FESTIVAL - Sat., Oct. 13th, 10:00 AM to Midnight, Sun., Oct. 14th, Noon to 6:00 PM, two big days of excitement and family fun with two stages of continuous live entertainment, craft and food booths, carnival and more. Historic Downtown Katy Katy, Texas - just 28 miles west of Houston Avenues B and C, 2nd and 3rd Streets. Call 281-391-5289 or email email@example.com for additional information. • EMMANUEL EPISCOPAL CHURCH 15th ANNUAL FALL HOLIDAY BAZAAR AND CRAFT SHOW on Sat., Oct. 13th, from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM. Emmanuel is located at the corner of Memorial Drive and N. Eldridge Parkway, 15015 Memorial Drive. Admission is free. Come and enjoy the crafts of over 50 different vendors from throughout the state. For addition details, please visit our website at www.emmanuel-houston.org or call 281-493-3161. • NEWCOMERS AND NEIGHBORS OF GREATER HOUSTON HOLIDAY SHOPPING EVENT AND LUNCHEON - Wed., Oct. 17th, 11:30 AM, at Lakeside Country Club, 100 Wilcrest Drive. A Shopping Event and sign up for social activities is planned. Luncheon Cost is $29 per person. The Shopping Event will start at 10:00 AM and feature 25 vendors including member owned businesses selling holiday gift items. Contact NNGH.org for reservations. • BEAR CREEK UNITED METHODIST WOMEN’S 24th ANNUAL CRAFT BAZAAR - Sat., Oct. 20th - 9 PM - 4 PM. FREE FALL FESTIVAL 10 AM - 3 PM at 16000 Rippling Water Dr., Houston, TX 77084. Proceeds to beneﬁt women and children’s missions! Thank you and God bless! Please go to http://bearcreekumc.org/adults/ women/fall-craft-bazaar for further information. Vendors: contact Pam at firstname.lastname@example.org • 22nd ANNUAL PICK-A-DILLY CRAFTS FAIR - Sat., Oct. 20th, St. Peter’s UMC, 20775 Kingsland Blvd., Katy (across from Taylor High School), 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM. Sponsored by St. Peter’s United Methodist Women UMW. For booth info., contact Melissa at email: email@example.com or 281-492-8031 x377. • ST. ELIZABETH ANN SETON CATHOLIC CHURCH located at 6646 Addicks-Satsuma, Houston 77084, between N. Hwy. 6 and Eldridge, and between FM 529 and W. Little York - K of C #8096 Ladies Auxiliary will be hosting their 20th ANNUAL GINGERBREAD VILLAGE ARTS & CRAFTS SHOW on Sat., Oct. 27th, from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM. (Free Admission) and shop at over 130 indoor booths. Please email Susie Schwartz at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need any additional information. • POPE JOHN XXIII HIGH SCHOOL AUTUMN HARVEST MARKET - The Autumn Harvest Market will take place on Sat., Oct. 27th, Pope John XXIII High School, 1800 West Grand Parkway N., Katy, TX 77449. They are located on the corner of Franz and W. Grand Parkway, will host its 1st Annual Autumn Harvest Market from 8:00 AM - 1:00 PM in the school gym. Come shop several vendors, items sold will include arts, crafts and market/retail items. Please email Jackie Sitton at email@example.com, if you have any questions. • 34th ANNUAL DEERFIELD VILLAGE CHRISTMAS BAZAAR - Fri., Nov. 2nd - 12 - 8 PM, Sat., Nov. 3rd - 9 AM - 4 PM at Deerﬁeld Village Rec. Center at Clay Road, Between Barker-Cypress & Highway 6. Lots of Christmas goodies & Seasonal Items. This event is free to everyone but we ask that you bring a non-perishable item. There is a great need in the community and items will be distributed in the area. • NORWEGIAN CHRISTMAS BAZAAR - The Bazaar will be on Fri., Nov. 2nd (11 AM-5 PM), Sat., Nov. 3rd (10 AM-4 PM) and Sun., Nov. 4th (12 Noon-4 PM) at Norwegian Seamen’s Church, 4309 Young Street, Pasadena. Take a trip to Norway in Houston! There will be unique holiday gifts such as Scandinavian Christmas decorations, trolls, Nisser, Swedish linens and Norwegian jewelry. Great rafﬂe prizes, silent auction and folk dancing on Saturday. Visit our bakery selling Norwegian specialty cookies and breads. A Wide selection of Scandinavian foods for sale. For more info., call 281-998-8366.
24-Hour Emergency Care Now Closer to Home
7015 Barker Cypress • Cypress, Texas 77433
Barker Cypress Rd.
Call 911 or visit the nearest emergency room for very serious or life-threatening medical problems.
Wes Fry Rd.
• 24-Hour Emergency Care for All Ages • Diagnostic Imaging including X-Ray, CT, Ultrasound, Mammography, and More • Child-Friendly Accommodations and Compassionate Physicians and Staff • In-Network with Over 50 Major Health Insurance Plans
NOW OPEN Barker Cypress & F.M. 529 .
A Department of Cypress Fairbanks Medical Center Hospital
281-949-3600 • www.CyFairERandUrgentCare.com
Christmas ornaments, many themed, including Hallmark - will show Oct. 8th & 9th by appointment. Scrapbook papers and stickers. 281703-0926.
2 recliners, dark blue fabric, like new, $300 for both; solid oak entertainment center, 2 sides, one top that lights up, includes 45” wide screen TV, $400; dresser w/ mirror, $100; chest of drawers, $50. 713-857-5650. Home office sofa and computer desk/armoire. 281-793-2293.
Two sets of golf clubs for sale, great for beginner or student. Men’s clubs and bag, $75; ladies clubs and bag, $50, firm. 281-859-3374. Westinghouse 16 cu. ft. refrigerator/freezer. Good condition, great for a spare, $85. Call George, 832-647-9064.
Fawn/beige fabric sofa, $200; dining table with 2 arm and 4 side chairs, $200; black leather chair, $100. Call JN, 281-859-2759.
Gateway GT4024 desktop computer for sale: Intel Pentium D, RAM DDR2 2GB, Hard Disk 80 GB, comes with DVD RW drive and Gateway Installation CDs, purchased in 2006, very good condition. Call 281861-7500 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rocket tickets, 2 seats, section 102, row 23, seats 17 &18, $90/pair, face value season ticket holder. Great seats. 713-851-5431 call/text.
Pistol for sale: Taurus PT 140 1+10:2 mags. Will sell to current CHL holders. 281-347-2049.
Beautiful Burl Walnut Table, six side chairs, two armchairs, matching hutch with curved glass ends, touch three way light. Like new, paid over $4,000, asking $1,800. Must see to appreciate. Call Michael at 228-229-3444.
Dining table, oval, oak, dark gray, heavy metal base, 70”X 47” with 17” leaf, $175; Mirror, beveled, framed, 48”x30”, $20; Framed art: small, $5; medium, $10; large, $15.Photos of all items are available, 281-858-4809.
Oreck upright vacuum, $50; Oreck handheld, $30; small sofa, flowered, overstuffed, excellent condition, $75; kitchen island, never used, $35; piano, upright, good condition, $250; 61-key piano electronic keyboard, never used, $50; four cemetery plots in Pearland, $2,200 each. Call 281-865-1452.
Thomasville sofa, tan plaid, good shape, $350 OBO. 713-822-7475.
3 cemetery lots in Forest Park-Lawndale. Call HL, 713-818-1750. Kenmore Elite, HE3 Front-loading automatic washer and gas dryer with pedestals, in good condition, $300 each; Thomas Kinkade home cottage print, $200. Call 281-463-2630.
Mediterranean style tables, heavy solid oak wood, 5 1/2’ coffee table; two 2’ end tables; one 6-sided table, $250. 281-579-2474. By Owner: 4 cemetery plots Memorial Oaks Katy Freeway; Section 1, lot 362; spaces 3, 4, 5, 6, valued at $8100 each by Cemetery; four together: $25,000 total; two together: $12,500; single: $6500, call 713-542-3685.
Marcy Home Gym complete with self spotting bench, curling bar, latpull pully system & over 200 lbs. of weights. Also a chest-explosion machine & accessories for the pully system. Excellent condition. $325 or $350 delivered assembled. 281-881-6405. Sofa good to very good condition, $250 OBO. jordon98@hotmail. com.
Your Local Maid Service for 20 Years
• SAME DAY • SAME CREW • AFFORDABLE • BONDED • INSURED • REFERENCES • SUPPLIES FURNISHED
Moving Sale: October 12th & 13th, 8 AM - 5 PM. Furniture, appliances, misc items. 15818 Creek Haven Dr. 77084, Bear Creek Subdivision. 281-463-2961.
2003 Pontiac Bonneville, 62,000 miles, leather, $4,800. 281-7324276.
Tammy Smith, Owner-Operated
New customer only on regular schedule. Not valid with any other offer. Not valid for one time or empty cleans.
2007 GMC Denali, fully loaded, black with black leather interior, allwheel drive, 80,000 miles. Asking $26,000. Call 281-463-2630. 1987 Chevrolet, black pick-up, $6,500. 25 year old classic. Call 832330-7272. 2002 Isuzu Rodeo LS. Automatic, V6, 62K miles. Original owner. Black, grey interior, 6 disc CD player, power everything, cruise control, roof rack, privacy glass, $6,650. 281-414-8784. 2007 GMC Yukon, 51,000 miles, CD, MP3, OnStar ready. Blue with dark interior, 1 owner, excellent condition, $23,500 or best offer. 281855-9030 or 832-654-5339. 2010 Ford F150 XLT with Extended Cab, 4.6L V8. Exterior color, silver with tan cloth interior. Upgraded chrome wheels, 6 foot long bed with liner, power windows, doors, tinted windows, Sirius XM capable. Less than 20k miles on it, $20,000. For pictures and inquiries, email email@example.com. Rare 1967 Pontiac Firebird convertible, re-built, under warranty, 400 Pontiac motor-not matching no., less than 400 miles, totally restored, yellow with black interior, new paint, new disk brakes, new suspension, new interior & new black top with cover, new custom sound system, $24,000. Firm. 281-455-5543. 1998 Suzuki 1500 Intruder motorcycle, eggshell on white in color, black leather saddle bags, $3,000. 281-726-4305 Pat.
Wanted: Game tickets or memorabilia for Astros, Rockets, Texans, College teams, etc for St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Catholic School Auction and Gala. Game tickets would need to be for after October 20, 2012. Thank you for these or any other donations! Please call Lorie at 713443-9319 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Serving your community for15 + years
• FENCES • PATIO COVERS • CONCRETE REPAIRS/ SIDEWALKS Fully insured Free Estimates 12 Month Warranty
• HOME INSPECTION REPAIRS • PAINTING INT/EXT • BATHROOM REMODELS • ROOF REPAIR/REPLACE
HELP WANTED - CARE
Looking for Mom’s Assistant/House Manager: A non-smoker, legal to work, no criminal record, own transportation, excellent health/ physical shape, some college and computer skills, experience w/ autism is plus. Flexible availability, especially 3:30 – 8:30pm (M,T,W,F) and/or 8:30pm – 8 am (S,M,T,W), bonus system, vacation, gas, and sick days. Eldridge and Clay. Contact email@example.com.
Sales Position. Looking for a retiree with automotive background and a passion for import autos. Must have articulate phone skills to sell engines to auto repair shops and dealerships throughout the United States. Part-time, commission only. Phone 832-969-5460.
“I’m In PAIN” Can Chiropractic Help ME ? We are often asked, “What’s the best way of finding out whether or not a doctor of chiropractic can help my problem?” We believe the answer can be found in a complete chiropractic consultation and examination, including x-rays. And to help find out for sure, we will do a complete consultation and examination, including x-rays, if necessary, (procedures that normally cost $187.00 or more) for $25.00. We will make this special program available through October. The only exception to the offer involves personal injury cases (workers’ compensation and auto accidents) in which there is no charge directly to the patient.
DR. LARA-ANN CLINTON DR. JOE CLINTON
281-855-2277 Bear Creek Professional Center HWY. 6
CAIRNWAY CLAY ROAD
4654 Hwy. 6 North, Suite 305
THESE CONDITIONS ARE SOME OF THE DANGER SIGNALS: Headache Arthritic pain by stiff neck Loss of sleep Scoliosis (Curvature of the spine) Leg pain & numbness Arm pain & numbness Backache Fatigue Tension Whiplash Injury
Reg. $187.00 Program
Must present ad at time of appointment. Expires 10/31/2012
YOUR INITIAL VISIT WILL INCLUDE:
✓ A private consultation with the doctor. ✓ X-rays, if necessary. ✓ A thorough spinal examination including orthopedic & neurological test.
✓ A confidential report of our findings. ✓An explanation of our treatment procedure if we determine chiropractic can help you.
✓A REFERRAL TO THE PROPER SPECIALIST IF WE DETERMINE CHIROPRACTIC CAN’T HELP YOU.
CHIROPRACTIC HEALTH and WELLNESS CENTER Earn $50 to $75 dollars an hour promoting and selling women’s designer fashion jewelry. Work part-time and earn full-time pay with flexible hours. Earn trips, car allowance, free jewelry, plus money. Training provided, must have car and computer. Paid weekly. No experience is needed, but previous direct sales are rewarded. Must be 18 years or older. Contact Amber, firstname.lastname@example.org or 713-5054250. If no answer, please leave a voice mail message with reference to job and phone number. Enjoy Golf and the outdoors? Hole in One Challenge, a national par 3 company, is seeking sales representatives to promote a par 3 contest on local golf courses. A portion of all sales will help support programs offered to young people through The First Tee. Work a 5 hour shift - approximately 8:00 AM to 1:00 PM (weekends with occasional weekdays). $10 per hour plus commission after reaching minimum sales goal. Daily pay. Positions are available immediately. Must be able to pass drug test. Please contact Larry Wilkerson 281-345-1517. Visit www.holeinonechallenge.com Allstate insurance agency looking for a CSR. Permanent part time, 2530 hours per week. Must have current P/C license, $15-$18 per hour. email@example.com, 281-492-2626. Katy area child care in need of part time and full time child care providers. Contact Mrs. Dana, 281-394-5437. Manta Ray Enterprises, Inc. (MRE, Inc.) is always in search of highly motivated Real Estate Agents who’s core values that are aligned with that of the Broker’s. You are not expected to have the exact know-how when you start. But open minded and willing to learn from a TREC-MCE Instructor with over 28 years experience on leasing and working with property management with single family homes & condos. MRE, Inc. will guide you on the proper forms to use. Broker will provide a one-
on-one support to any Real Estate Agent willing and wanting to learn more. MRE, Inc. will assist you to better serve your clients/customers/ investors with sales, leases and property management. MRE, Inc. has been recognized and involved with Katy ISD, Community Education for more than 23 years at Taylor High School in Katy. MRE, Inc. offers incentive packages along with additional Real Estate knowledge. For more information and to get started on your new career today; please contact the Broker, “Tisha” Matticks, at mre@mantarayenterprises. com . Now hiring security officers, part time/full time. No experience necessary. Retirees welcome. All shifts available. Accepting applications Monday - Thursday, 8 AM - 11 AM. Located at 1035 Dairy Ashford, Suite 225, Houston, Texas 77079. Phone: 281-759-1035. Position available for an experienced sales/appointment setter for a local security company. Offering salary plus commission, work from home or office. Apply at 1035 Dairy Ashford, Suite 225, Houston, TX, 77079, Monday through Thursday, 8 AM to 11 AM. Martial Arts USA is hiring qualified Tae Kwon Do Black Belts with WTF certification, over 18 years of age, background checks and interviews will be conducted. Contact Master Shin or Master An at 281-463-9333 or email YoungAn@cyfairtkd.com.Location, 17121 West Rd. Suite 200 Houston TX 77095. Wanted - Hairstylists. Looking for a fun and relaxing place to work, one that appreciates you? Look no further! Sheri Marie’s Salon & Co. is hiring great hairstylists. Visit www.sherimariesalonco.com or call 281463-7375. About Hair Salon and Day Spa is seeking experienced stylists. Apply in person 15422 FM 529, Houston, TX 77095.
2012 Project Pink Tickets $65 each $600 table of 10 $750 VIP table of 10 Tickets on sale now!
LL Hair Studio Salon is hiring experienced stylists! Visit our website at www.LLHairStudio.com to learn more, or call us today at 281-5505302. Now Hiring! Do you love children? Small private preschool is now accepting applications. Must be dependable and energetic. Will train. Must have copy of High School Diploma or GED and copy of Social Security Card. Apply in person to 16618 Clay Road, Suite 400. 281656-2273. Michelle’s Salon is looking for good experience hairstylist, massage therapist, nail tech and esthetician, lease or commission. 832-8781052. The Pediatric Dentist of Katy is looking for a highly motivated Registered Dental Assistant. Our Pediatric Dental practice is located at 24022 Cinco Village Center Blvd., Suite 210 in Katy. Our office hours are Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 8 AM to 5 PM, with lunch from 12-1 PM. On Fridays we are open from 7:30 AM to 3 PM. Please bring by your resume in person. Housekeepers needed. Great hours for mom’s with school age children. 281-861-0394. Position available for an experienced hair stylist with a great attitude and good clientele. Benefits available. Call Images Hair Studio at 281256-2286. Dental Assistant needed, at least 2 years of experience, must be state licensed. 281-550-0900. Dental assistant position available. F/T, nonsmoker, experienced preferred, knowledge of Dentrix software and bilingual a plus. Must be
state licensed; Front desk receptionist, bilingual preferred. Fax resume to: 281-861-7174. Or call 281-861-7500. Applications being accepted at Salon Picasso Studios. Lease/ commission. 281-861-9911. Residential Electrician(s): Journeyman or helper/apprentice. Have experience, references & contact info. ready, beginners last employment info. Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PETS FOR SALE
Cavalier King Charles puppies for sale. Beautiful, healthy and sweet. Call 281-743-3500. LOST & FOUND FOUND: 8GB SanDisk, looks like a disk that you would use in a camera and has files with pictures of a proposal, engagement photos and wedding photos. The wedding photos look like the wedding was up north. Call 713-545-8245.
HOMES FOR LEASE
For lease: Nice home in Copperfield. Just under 2000 square feet, 4 bedrooms, 2 baths, 2-car garage. Walking distance to Holmsley Elementary and LCHS. Nice quiet street in peaceful neighborhood. Recent AC and heater replacements. Lots of tile. Looking for good long-term tenants, who pay rent on time and take care of property. Rent below market price. Call 281-773-4996 for info.
Room for rent in family home, Katy-Fry Road at Morton, all bills paid, non smoker, $375. Call 713-822-8615 - individual.
MR. HANDYMAN NOW OFFERING
PLUMBING SERVICES at AFFORDABLE PRICES!
In-Home Repairs & Installation of
MPL # 19383
Water Heaters • Toilets • Sinks Faucets • Showers • Disposals 20+ Year Experienced Plumbers • Upfront Pricing • Licensed & Insured
For all your home maintenance and repair needs call us today. No job is too small.
10% Off Labor with this ad $200 Maximum Discount
Owner: Cypress/Tomball Resident Since 1974 Fully Insured-General Liability and Workers’ Compensation.
Joel Muller 281-304-9488
11740 Barker Cypress www.joelmuller.com Hablamos Español State Farm Insurance
Providing Insurance and Financial Services Home Office: Bloomington, Illinois 61710
Timeshare: rent a lovely condo for a full week in Hawaii. Sleeps 4, fully stocked kitchen. What else needs to be said... It’s Hawaii! $795. For information contact Cheryl at 281-855-7427. Las Vegas Timeshare - On the Strip near the airport, sleeps 4, full kitchen, dining & living; jacuzzi in room, 2 TV’s/2 Phones, 2 pools outside building, fitness room, washer/dryer/safe in room, 4 days $355 - 7 days $500. No added fees. Cheryl 281-543-2409. Vacation home for rent: Hill country vacation home, Cedar Creek Cabin, new 2/2 with loft, fully furnished, huge front porch, satellite TV, beautiful views, abundant wildlife, Frio River at Concan near Garner State Park, sleeps 8. Call 866-7CON-CAN or go to www.frioman.com for more information.
NOVENA TO ST. JUDE
May the Sacred Heart of Jesus be adored, glorified, loved and preserved throughout the world, now and forever. Sacred Heart of Jesus have mercy on us. St. Jude, worker of miracles, pray for us. St. Jude help of the hopeless, pray for us. Say Novena 9 times a day for 9 days. It has never been known to fail. Publication must be promised. Thank you St. Jude – CM DH SGV CR Due to the amount of space involved and the response of those wishing to publish a Novena to St. Jude, a Novena to St. Jude will be published along with a list of initials of those wishing to publish one. We are sorry, but we cannot make exceptions. $5 Charge for each Novena per area. Please specify which area you would your Novena to appear in. - Krenek Printing.
& REPAIRING ALL JAPANESE & AMERICAN VEHICLES!
Quality and service are not expensive... they are priceless.
Thursday is Ladies Day!
10% OFF ALL REPAIRS
Serving Highway 6 area for over 15 years!
HAPPY H KARZ
5930 Hwy 6 North, Bldg K
We Buy & Sell Cars!!
OIL & FILTER CHANGE
Includes: Replace engine oil with Castrol GTX oil and oil ﬁlter. Check ﬂuid levels-battery, radiator, transmission, power steering, brakes, clutch and windshield washer-inspect wiper blades, check CV joint boots for damage. Inspect tires for wear and damage, check pressure (including spare) and inﬂate to proper PSI. Expires 10/31/2012
OUR LOW PRICE
Includes: Replace front brake pads: inspect front discs and calipers, rear discs and calipers ( or rear drums and wheel cylinders), inspect brake lines, hoses and master cylinder. Adjust parking brake. Prices vary by auto age and style. Call for estimate.
TIMING BELT SPECIALS
CLUTCH REPLACEMENT SPECIAL
AXLE REPLACEMENT SPECIAL
Regular Price with this coupon Expires 10/31/2012
Regular Price with this coupon Expires 10/31/2012
Regular Price with this coupon Expires 10/31/2012
ALL SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE PROGRAM
SPECIAL SMALL SERVICE
%off 10 brake work
with this coupon
7,500/ $ 22,500/ with this coupon 37,500/...Expires 10/31/2012
Regular Price with this coupon Expires 10/31/2012
October 2012 Sunday
18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 October 1... October 8... October 8...
Klassic Garage Doors
by Fernando Diaz
✔ Interior / Exterior Painting and Repair ✔ Wood and Drywall Repair ✔ HardiPlank Installments and Repair ✔ Mildewcide Power Washing
We replace or repair garage doors or garage door openers.
• Broken Springs • Door Off Track
(Siding, Brick, Driveway, Decks, Fences, etc.)
✔ All Work is Guaranteed ✔ Payment Upon Completion
qery Call anytime 24 hour emergency service available
Call Fernando for a Free Estimate at:
281-408-0028 281-763-4310 Cell 20
National Boss Day Mother-In-Law Day Halloween
Home Painting & Repair
Professional Garage Door Repair • Maintenence • Replace Panels
Child Health Day October 16... National Children’d Day October 28... Columbus Day October 31...
832-593-6765 Settler’s Village