Issuu on Google+


In 2013 Bulgaria presented its new proposals to be included on the UNESCO’s Intangible Heritage List


Chiprovtzi carpets


The women from the region of Chiprovtsi have made this multi colored carpets with fantastic ornaments and figures since seventeenth century. This unique and typical Bulgarian craft flourished during the period of the National Revival.


National Festival of Bulgarian Folklore in the town of Koprivshtitza


Since 1965 the National Festival of Bulgarian Folklore has taken place approximately every five years in Koprivshtitsa, gathering musicians, artists and craftsmen from across Bulgaria.


Chitalishta A chitalishte is a typical Bulgarian public institution and building which fulfills several functions at once, such as a community centre, library and a theatre. It is also used as an educational institution, where people of all ages can enroll in foreign language, dance, music and other courses.

The chitalishta had a crucial role in preserving and developing Bulgarian culture and played an important role during the Bulgarian national Revival.


The International Festival of the Masquerade Games held in the town of Pernik is the biggest event of this type not only in Bulgaria but on the Balkan Peninsula as well.


These rituals represent the wish for a rich harvest, health and fertility for humans and farm animals. They are intended to chase away the evil spirits and prepare people for a new beginning after the winter.


http://www.youtube.com/watch? v=ar0lXPk9b8I


Dear EUROPESCO friends, meet our proposal for The UNESCO Heritage List – Karanovo Settlement Mound


It is located close to the village of Karanovo, west of Nova Zagora in Bulgaria. This is the largest and oldest settlement mound in the territory of Europe.


During the excavations spanned nearly 80 years the archeologists discovered seven archaeological layers, reflecting the stages of development of the material culture in Ancient Thrace. The Karanovo chronological system serves as a standard in the synchronization of the European pre-historical cultures.


The Seven layers prove that people lived here in the span of four millennia – from the 6th millennium B.C. (early New Stone Age) to the 2nd millennium B.C. (early Bronze Age).


In 2009, a team of archeologists found in the Eastern Mound in Karanovo the tomb and the burial chamber of a wealthy Thracian nobleman . Among the finds are two silver chalices inscribed with the image of the god Eros, unique glass plates, coins, silver anklets, and gold rings.


.

A four-wheel warrior’s chariot was also found, along with the remains of two horses and two dogs. The chariot wheels are exceptionally large, with a diameter of 1.20 meters


THE CZECH STUDENTS’ NOMINATION FOR THE UNESCO LIST


KUKS HOSPITAL IN THE CHECH REPUBLIC


A unique monument of centre European town-planning, architecture and statuary art, originally comprising a spa, a chateau, a hospital, a theatre, ecclesiastical edifices and sets of high Baroque statuary.


In the present building of Hospital, the visitors will find the originals of the statues, a Baroque apothecary, a crypt of the Hospital’s founder, František Antonin Špork, Czech Pharmaceutical Museum and many other things.


Kuks is an unusual name of a village situated in East Bohemia. It has a special place in the history of Czech culture as an outstanding work of European art.


In the 17th century, a remarkable nobleman build within two or three decades a complex which is still a sample of Baroque at its best, attracting both experts and laymen, even though much has changed there over the centuries and many of its monuments have disappeared.


Kuks became a highly popular health resort with all sorts of entertainments and a center of social life that was magnificent. There were celebrations acompanied by music and cannon salvoes and Venetian nights on the river Elbe, great hunting expeditions, singular fairs at which the wells were filled with wine.


Braun’s nativity The rich plastic decoration in the open air is curved by M.B.Braun into the rocks near Nivy les. It’s a group of Biblical and other scenes which bears the name of ‘’Nativity’’


In 2000 Braun’s nativity was, by the world Monuments Fund pat on the list of 100 most endangered monuments in the world. In 2001 this collection was proclaimed a National Monument. Hope full, it will be written to the list of UNESCO sites in 2014.


Family crypt Was built by the most famous of Ĺ porks, count FrantiĹĄek Antonin in 1717. The remains of his parents are saved under the church in Kuks. You can see many coffins there.


Baroque Apothecary There are appropriate assumptions for the establishment of the museum. The local collection contains a variety of pharmacy items, such as drugs, boxes, bogs or labels. A baroque pharmacy had a long tradition in Kuks hospital. It is the largest pharmaceutical historic library in the CR.


Designed by Czech students of Secondary School of Gastronomy and Hospitality Services: Simona Koudelová Nikola Šrveráková For Comenius Project 2013


Presentation of Valognes By Yann, Emanuelle and Valentin

Project for UNESCO


Her History... -La ville est construite près de l’ancienne colonie gallo-romaine de Alauna ou Alaunia d'où

-La ville abrite à partir du xve siècle une importante congrégation religieuse. Fortifiée au Mo

-La ville prospère durant le xviie et le xviiie siècle et devient la ville principale du Cotentin. E - Valognes a beaucoup souffert au cours de la bataille de Normandie, particulièrement lors


Selection criteria: -To exhibit an important interchange of human values, over a

-To be an outstanding example of a traditional human settleme

-To be directly or tangibly associated with events or living trad


Valognes's perspective


#1

First step : L'H么tel Dieu


#2

Second step : La rue du Grand Moulin


#3 Third step : L'H么tel de Beaumont


#4

Fourth step : Rives du Merderet


#5 Fifth step : L'ĂŠglise Saint Malo


#6 Sixth step : Le tribunal


Valognes History Valognes city was buit close to an ancient Gallo-Roman colony called Alauna ou Alaunia and its name derives from it.. The Alleaume Gallo-Roman baths can still be visited. This city was destroyed during the Norman invasions and its inhabitants moved towards and along the Merderet River. It was a fortified stronghold under the Norman dukes and French monarchs. From the 15th century onwards, there has been an important religious congregation in Valognes (Capuchins and Cordeliers and Benedictine nuns). Edward III of England took Valognes without resistance and then pillaged and burnt the city. Henry III of England possessed the town, which remained under English rule for thirty years.


In 1649, the Count of Matignon besieged Valognes castle with his 8000 soldiers The castle was destroyed during Louis XIVth reign. During the 17th and the 18th centuries, the town became richer and the most important city in the Cotentin peninsula. It was inhabited by educated aristocrats who built their beautiful and stylish « hotels particuliers » there. Valognes was the residence of more than a hundred families of distinguished birth and fortune. That's why it was known as the Versailles of Normandy. Later, Cherbourg's influence and growth replaced Valognes's. Valognes suffered much during the Battle of Normandy, most particularly during the bombings of June 21 st, 1944. Saint Malo Church, built in the 14th century, and which used to have a French gothic dome dating from 1612, was partially destroyed during the conflict. More, out of the 50 aristocratic mansions, only 20 of them still remain, after some restauration.


Valognes's perspective


Valognes Views

The imposing ruins of the baths of the Roman city of Alauna http://www.visorando.com/randonnee-parcours-valognes-huberville/ruines-d-alauna-


#1

First step : L'Hôtel Dieu (Hospital)


#2

Second step : Great Mill Street


#3 Third step : L'Hôtel de Beaumont


#4

Fourth step : Rives du Merderet


#5 Fifth step : L'Êglise Saint Malo


#6 Sixth step : Court House


Mole Antonelliana Why should Mole Antonelliana be included in the World Heritage list nominations?


Because it’s the symbol of yesterday, today and tomorrow’s Turin


Whose symbol is it?


Because it’s one of the symbols of Piedmont and Christianity.


Because in 773 AD it witnessed the clash of civilizations and the victory of Charlemagne and the Holy Roman Empire.


Known as the ‘Chinese Wall’ due to its length, this fortified complex is the only one of this kind in Europe. The structure consists of three forts, three redoubts and two bastions, connected by a covered staircase with 4,000 steps. A stone giant that stretches for about five kilometers in the Chisone Valley; it covers a gradient of almost 700 metres and a surface of 1.300.000 square metres. It is situated inside the Regional Natural Park Orsiera-Rocciavré and since 1999 it has been the monument symbol of the Turin Province.


In 1694 Luigi XIV had a fortress built in Fenestrelle, in the Chisone Valley. In August 1708 it was conquered by the Savoy army led by Vittorio Amedeo II. With the Treaty of Utrecht (1713) the Chisone Valley and the fortress officially passed to the Kingdom of Piedmont and Sardinia. The king thought the defensive system was inadequate, therefore he commissioned Ignazio Bertola, a military engineer, to strengthen the fortification.


HOW TO REACH THE FORTRESS Address: Street of the Fortress, 1 - 10060 Fenestrelle (TO) Telephone: 0121.83.600 Fax: 0121.88.4642 E-mail: fortefenestrelle@tin.it Schedule office: From September in June Monday - Thursday - Friday - Saturday - Sunday: 10.00-12.00/14.30-18.00 July and August every day with the same schedule.


The Langhe and

Roero


The Langhe is a land of rolling hills covered in vineyards.

It is very important for its food and its world-wide famous wines.


It is the birthplace of well-known 20th century writers like Pavese and Fenoglio, who describe in their novels the beauty of the landscapes.


One of the most famous wines, Barolo takes its name from the place where it is produced. Here tourists can visit a beautiful castle.


‌ but there are many others!


…but

Barolo is the wine of kings and the king of wines


and for a King’s meal don’t miss the white truffle of Alba!


The Slovinski National Park


Location The Slovinski National Park is situated in the Pomeranian Province, on the terrain of two administrative districts: Słupsk and Lębork, within administrative borders of five communes.


The Name of the Protection District

The Office of the District

District Area

Distance from the Head Office in kms

Land Precinct Rąbka

1 406,36

Rąbka

53

Smołdziński Las

1 753,36

Smołdziński Las

7

Rowy

1 80,41

Rowy

25

Żarnowska

1 840,30

Gać

33

Kluki

2 037,80

Kluki

12

Smołdzino

1 774,53

Smołdzino

-

Razem obręb

10 692,74

-

Water Precinct

Gardno and Łebsko

10096,62

Smołdzino

The Baltic

11171,14

Smołdzino

-


The Slovinski National Park

• • • •

is one of 23 national parks and one of 2 sea-side parks in Poland. It was founded to preserve in the unchangeable beauty: the sys-tem of seaside lakes, bogs, peatbogs, seaside woods and forests, but first of all, to maintain a dune belt of spits with moving dunes, unique in Europe.


Bogs


Lakes


Peatbogs


Woods and Forests


moving dunes


The World of Animals Insects • red wood ant • cross spiders • wasp spider


Fish species • eel • salmon • brown trout


amphibians • common frog • field frog • British toad • European toad


Birds • raven • eagle owl • common snipe • red-throated diver • King Eider • snowy owl • whistling swan • black-tailed godwit


mammals • gray seal • beaver • otter • mink • brown hare • noctule • wild boars • roe-deers


The World of Plants • sand sedge • sundew • sand pink • yellow water lily • sea-hollies • foxglove


made by the Polish team

for the EUROPESCO project DARĹ OWO, 2013


Europesco for unesco nominations