Urban Adventures unlock the hidden secrets in and around some of our favourite cities. They range from 2 hour to 1 day adventures and uncover back streets, hidden gems and fascinating sights. While these adventures may be short, theyâ€™re big on real life experiences. Step into the lives of the locals, find out what makes the city tick and get acquainted with the local food, culture and traditions, all in the company of an expert local guide. See more than just the usual sights on an Urban Adventure.
Urban Adventures launched on 1st October 2009, and as at the end of November had 28 destinations and 94 adventures live. New destinations are being added each week, with over 100 destinations to be live by the end of 2010
urbanadventures.com Published 18/12/09
• Unique itineraries – all operated by Intrepid Urban Adventures • Guaranteed departures – every day • Competitive Join in pricing • No minimum passenger number per booking • Technology solutions for live content available
• Freesale availability
• Retail prices shown
Rio de Janeiro
• Generous commissions available, volume dependant
• More cities added every month!
urbanadventures.com Intrepid Travel
Urban Adventures Limited
• Began operations in 1989 • Is a world leading experiential small group adventure holiday operator
• Carries 70,000 pax annually • Travel in over 90 countries
• Has over 800 employees • Has 17 offices worldwide
• Branded – Intrepid Urban Adventures
• Is privately owned • Has won many awards
• Focused on the experiential space and currently not offered on a global basis
• Has a strong brand
• We have commitments from some of the largest distributors of travel product in
• Has a strong distribution model • Sources clients directly and through the travel industry from all key “Western” travel markets
• A joint venture between Intrepid Travel and whl.travel • Small group adventure trips focusing on the 2 to 12 hour space of the market • Sold on a freesell, guaranteed to run basis The distribution the world • Ability to develop a local sales network in each location with the support of Urban Adventures Limited, enhancing the earning potential of the product
• Is an industry leader in “responsible tourism”
• To become an Urban Adventure Partner to supply product in your location to be
• Began commercial operations in 2006 • Global network of local grassroots tour operators operating in over 90 countries • Over 50 employees in WHL and over 2000 in the global network • Is privately owned • Has a strong technology background • Strong focus on the global FIT market • Strong in experiential travel and travel off-the-beaten path • An industry leader in sustainable tourism • Winner of Changemakers Award 2009
marketed and sold by Urban Adventures Limited
For an detailed information kit contact Klaudija Janzelj Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Skype: whl.janzelj
urbanadventures.com Home Cooked Istanbul
€45 Discover the widest and most interesting underground cities of Cappadocia where up to 5000 people could take refuge from invading armies. Experience the village life in one of the most primitive areas of Cappadocia where people still produce their own bread and food, use animal dung to heat their houses and use pigeon droppings as fertilizer.
Starting at the famous Covent Garden we explore the quieter back streets before browsing the main piazza full of street artists & live opera. Heading across town to the best of the daily markets we will see a real London market at work. Finishing at the waterside Camden Lock, enjoy a pint and maybe some live music if we have any energy after exploring the numerous stalls.
London in a Day
£36 A whirlwind tour to most of the City’s icons and a few hidden gems! Take a black taxi from the Ritz Hotel to Buckingham Palace, wander the Royal parks & ancient streets. Visit Trafalgar Square and Covent Garden. Discover the world famous British Museum, taking a bus down to the historic streets of Soho, and walk the backstreets of Chinatown.
Walking Tours • Local Life/Culture • Cuisine/Market Visits
Enjoy a meal with a local family in Istanbul and learn about the cultural customs, take a stroll through Sultanahmet, Learn the secrets of backgammon, enjoy the national beverage in a Teahouse, try a Turkish waterpipe, chat informally with a locals and learn what its like to live in modern day Turkey.
This leisurely walk introduces both some of Barcelona’s iconic sites and surprising, hidden places. Walk the back streets, admire gothic churches, explore produce markets and visit gourmet shops to sample some local delicacies. Plus you’ll stop by a tapas joint to join locals for some sweet cava and snacks.
€75 To understand the art of fresco painting is to understand the genius of the Renaissance masters. Join an accomplished artist in their private studio to learn the history and theory of fresco making. Then put your skills to the test and create your own piece of artwork using traditional methods.