KYUNG IL MIN 119 River Mews Ln, Edgewater, NJ, 07020 firstname.lastname@example.org I m.315.956.9708 online portfolio I http://issuu.com/kimin904
EDUCATION Master of Architecture, School of Architecture, Syracuse University, Syracuse, NY, May 2013 Bachelor of Architectural Engineering, Department of Architecture, Kyung Hee University, Yongin, Feb 2006
EXPERIENCE H Architecture, New York, NY, US Full-time Internship, Oct 2013-Nov 2013
Developed the façade design of a housing project. Produced digital models, drawings of elevations and sections, and precedent research.
- Multi-family Housing Complex, Sejong, Korea I Residential I 1,787,594SF I Client_LH Corporation Jina Architecture, Seoul, Korea Freelance Designer, Feb 2010-May 2010 Architectural Designer, Sep 2005-Aug 2008
Experienced in various projects type including high-end residential, office, commercial, and master plan of which phases varied from preliminary design to construction documents. Specialized in designing and engineering building enclosure system. Tasks included the production of drawings, digital models, physical models, documents, and design consultant coordination.
Selected Projects - Shinhan Headquarters, Seoul, Korea I Office I 1,808,336SF / 35-story(2Towers) I Client_Shinhan
Involved in building enclosure system for schematic design. Designed building façade and generate digital models. Produce the final book of project.
- Center 1 Tower, Seoul, Korea I Office I 1,806,970SF / 32-story(2Towers) I Client_Mirae Asset
As a member of Mass and Skin team, involved in mass design and building enclosure system for 2 years. Held responsible for sections, elevations, and details of 4 components of building: façade of atrium, podium, building, and rooftop in the phase of Conceptual Design, SD, DD, CD. Produced physical models and digital models of mass and details. Generated drawings of sections, elevations, wall-sections, and details for drawing sets of all stages. Dealt with various scale drawings and physical models(1/1000, 1/500, 1/250, 1/50, 1/10, and 1/3). Performed design development with ARUP as a structural specialist by meeting and email. Managed digital models with subcontractor for final 3D rendering.
- Cartier Flagship Store, Seoul, Korea I Commercial I 29,062SF / 6-story I Client_Cartier
Assisted in building enclosure system for schematic design. Produced digital models and drawings of sections and elevations.
- Sangam DMC IBC, Seoul, Korea I Mixed Use Office I 4,853,985SF / 123-story I Client_Sangam DMC Involved in building enclosure system for design competition. Produced diagrams and digital models.
- City of Arabia, Dubai, UAE I Mixed Use Office I 1,611,831SF / 64-story I Client_Yamasaki Korea Responsible for building enclosure system single-handed with design principal. Produced diagrams, digital models, and final book.
- New Administrative Capital City, Sejong, Korea I Master Plan I 787,272,408SF Produced master plan, diagrams, and final book. Managed as liaison between the digital subcontractor for final 3D rendering.
Jung Lim Architecture, Seoul, Korea Full-time Internship, Dec 2004-Feb 2005
Assisted in design development for 512,545SF and 10-story commercial complex. Responsibilities included feasibility studies, production of physical models and documents.
AWARDS I HONORS
RESEARCH I WORKSHOP
King and King Design Competition, 2011–1st Place Study Abroad Scholarship, Syracuse University, 2011 Graduate Scholarship, Syracuse University, 2010-2011 Friendship Scholarship, Kyung Hee University, 2003 Research Intern, Syracuse University, Sep 2011-May 2012
Investigation of Kindergarten Design with Professor Terrance Goode
International Study Program, Spain, Italy, and Netherlands, May 2011-Aug 2011 Studio, History, and Hand sketching classes with Professor Lawrence Davis
D+T Workshop, Syracuse University, Feb 2011
Designed Spaces and Mediated Senses with SO-IL
Computer Proficient in AutoCAD, 3d Studio Max, SketchUp, V-Ray, Photoshop, Illustrator Good at Revit, Rhinoceros, After Effects, Premiere, InDesign Modeling
Laser Cutting, 3d Printing, CNC Mill, Vacuum Former, Wood Working Tools
Language English and Korean
Lawrence Davis, Associate Professor at Syracuse University, Thesis Advisor, 315.443.2256, email@example.com Peter Choi, Design Principal at DMP Architecture, Former Supervisor, +82-10-6428-8739, firstname.lastname@example.org Jeramy Woosung Yoon, Architectural Designer at RTKL, Senior of University, 305-632-8165, email@example.com