What is Focus on Findlay? In the spring of 2013, the staff of Keepsake Portraits came up with the idea of doing a unique photo session for the pure delight of creating art - and the concept for a couture photo shoot was born.
Supporting Local. As planning progressed, different team members
thought of ways to incorporate local businesses. From promoting local merchandise to providing a platform for Findlay entrepeneurs to meet and extend their visibility within the community, Focus on Findlay desires to provide local businesses with professional portraits and the ability promote their own products.
Giving Back. We receive the most when we give back. This year,
Keepsake Portraits along with Focus on Findlay selected Cancer Patient Services as the local charity to support. Instead of a typical giving tree, the archway of the Millstream Art Plaza was decorated with streamers for donors to decorate.
Thinking Creatively. Findlay recently celebrated its bicentennial. Upon opening the sesquicentennial time capsule, Findlay was treated to many photographs and letters - priceless love letters.
These are our photographs ... And timeless letters ...
Focus on Findlay Creative Team Image Credits: Photography created by Eric Leszkowicz of Keepsake Portraits ÂŠ 2013; Assistant to Photographer Lois Bowlus; Model Selection and Event Coordinator Sarah Katka of Keepsake Portraits. Model and Image Coordinator - Jessica Leszkowicz of Keepsake Portraits; Event Photography and Coeditor - Erik Davis of Keepsake Portraits; Event Assistants - Miranda Berry and Sidney Daughenbaugh of Keepsake Portraits; Clothing Dresser and StylingSam Prezlin of UF Theatre; Magazine Layout and Design - Jessica Leszkowicz of Keepsake Portraits. www.KeepsakePortraits.com
Winter Wonderland BEYOND A
As crisp winter evenings approach and people seek shelter, only the brave venture forth to take Winter in their own hands and make jewels from the icy crystals. www.FocusOnFindlay.com
US LOVE WINTER,
for it is the spring of genius.
- Pietro Aretino
inter CAME DOWN TO OUR HOME ONE NIGHT
Quietly pirouetting in on silvery-toed slippers of snow, And we, we were children once again. - Bill Morgan, Jr.
Feather Wreath - Gina Lynne Floral & Design ($92); Frosty Branch Wreath - Gina Lynne Floral & Design ($80.75); Snow Kissed Trees - Gina Lynne Floral & Design ($68.50-$90); Crystal Garlands - Gina Lynne Floral & Design ($9.50); White Lanterns - Gina Lynne Floral & Design ($49-$69); Winter Gown & Jewelry - Kathy Newell for UF Theatre. Model - Lindsay Weaver. Hair by J. Ladd for Accents Plus Salon. Makeup by Jessica N. Leszkowicz. Photography by Eric Leszkowicz of Keepsake Portraits.
Fearless Parlay APPROACH WITH
Never leave important matters in the hands of others. A privateer takes control, both waging war with words as sharp as the sword or, occasionally, as gentle as the touch. www.FocusOnFindlay.com
are among the most significant memorial a person can leave behind them. -Johann Wolfgang
riting IS MY TIME MACHINE,
takes me to the precise time
and place I belong.
- Jeb Dickerson
Top Hat, Jacket, Corset, Skirt, and Boots - Kathy Newell for UF Theatre; Chandelier Earrings modelâ€™s own. Model - Jennifer Vielhaber. Hair by Judi Herrin for Accents Plus Salon. Makeup by Julie Lane for Fort Findlay Playhouse. Photography by Eric Leszkowicz of Keepsake Portraits.
Secret Shadows LURKING IN
Hollywood, Film Noir, and Sam Spade have taught us to never underestimate the mysterious femme fatale, for one never knows what is concealed behind the mask and mist.
I P nk &
are sometimes passionate lovers, oftentimes brother and sister, and occasionally mortal enemies.
- Terri Guillemets
we need a few people in our lives who will calmly call our bluff.
- Dr. Sun Wolf
Dress - Trends on Main ($99); His Suit and Her Shoes - Kathy Newell for UF Theatre. Models - Tim Sherman and Katie Chicotel. Hair by Judi Herrin for Accents Plus Salon. Makeup created by the models. Photography by Eric Leszkowicz of Keepsake Portraits. www.KeepsakePortraits.com
One That I Want YOU ARE THE
Summer nights are date nights, bring together bowling, muscle cars, and drive-in movies ... and young lovers find ways to get to know each other, even if it takes a little help from others. www.FocusOnFindlay.com
here are couples matchmaker
a would match every time and couples who, for no rhyme or reason, rhyme. - Robert Brault
Vintage Outfits - Kathy Newell for UF Theatre; Bowling Shoes - Ali’s Alley. Models - Leslie Farison, courtesy of Forte Matchmaking, Findlay; Tim Sherman, and Katie Chicotel. Ms. Farison’s hair by Natasha Lawless for Accents Plus Salon. Ms. Farison’s makeup by Julie Lane of Arts Partnership Youtheatre. www.KeepsakePortraits.com Photography by Eric Leszkowicz of Keepsake Portraits.
Hidden Treasures SEARCHING FOR
Abandoned spaces, long forgotten, provide a feast for the willing imagination. Each item, carefully stored or carelessly forgotten, now captures a new interest all its own. www.FocusOnFindlay.com
I am writing exists, written in absolutely perfect fashion, some place, in the air. All I must do is find it, and copy it.
- Jules Renard
Dress (opposite page) - Trends on Main ($279.99); Dress (this page) Kathy Newell for UF Theatre; Shoes - modelâ€™s own. www.KeepsakePortraits.com
WL I hat
in a good author
is not what he says,
but what he whispers. - Logan Pearsall Smith
“P M ray,
adame, do you pin up your hair with all your
letters? I find I must keep copies.”
nly WITH THOSE IN VERSE ...
I never pin up my hair with prose.”
- William Congreve, The Way of the World
Model - Ashley Feasel; Hair by Judi Herrin for Accents Plus Salon. Makeup by Julie Lane for Arts Partnership Youtheatre. Photography by Eric Leszkowicz of Keepsake Portraits.
Colorful Sunset CHASING THE
To the restless soul, the next adventure resides over the distant horizon - another dream to explore while collecting beautiful memories and memoribilia along the way. www.FocusOnFindlay.com
is a good way to go
but your heart.
- Phyllis Theroux
Skirt, Tank, and Jacket - Kiya Papaya (call for pricing); Windchimes - DorAnne’s Gifts and Gourmet ($19.99); Handblown Glass Balls - Reick’s Gallery ($33-$52.50); Wood Slat Chair - Reick’s Gallery ($210 without cushion); Cracked Wheat Bread - Bread Kneads ($3.95). Model - Ashley Heckman. Hair by Chelsy Taylor for Salon Icon. Makeup by Sarah Katka. Photography by Eric Leszkowicz of Keepsake Portraits.
A-Tasket A - TISKET
A wicker basket can hold many delights, few of which are greater than the treasures of a summer afternoon and the freedom a well-appointed bike can bring. www.FocusOnFindlay.com
Opposite: Pashley Bicycle - Muddy River Bicycle Co. ($1299); Nantucket Bike Basket - Muddy River Bicycle Co. ($53); Silk Floral Arrangement - Gina Lynne Floral & Design (call for pricing). This page: Prada Sunglasses - Eyes on Main (call for pricing); LaFont Eyewear - Eyes on Main (call for pricing); Floral Headband - Kiya Papaya ($8).
to be everything
to everyone, but I would like to be
something to someone.
is always young.
- Greek Proverb
Models - Annie Metcalfe and Kyrstin Good. Hair by Jessica Watkins. Photography by Eric Leszkowicz of Keepsake Portraits.
Dayâ€™s Work ALL IN A
Transitioning between office and evening need not be mysterious when the proper accessories are involved. www.FocusOnFindlay.com
ove IS A GAME
that two can play and both win.
- Eva Gabor
can catch your eye,
IT TAKES SOMEONE SPECIAL to catch your www.FocusOnFindlay.com
OG T ne
about not seeing you
is that I can
write you letters.
- Svetlana Alliluyeva www.KeepsakePortraits.com
of the moment.
Those that come unsought for are commonly the
- Francis Bacon
Dress - Trends on Main ($59.99); Prada Eyewear - Eyes on Main ($295); His Suit and her shoes modelâ€™s own; His tie, hat, and her jewelry - Kathy Newell for UF Theatre. Models - Eric Beard and Alexis Kesler. Hair by Chelsy Taylor for Salon Icon. Makeup by Julie Lane for Fort Findlay Playhouse. Photography by Eric Leszkowicz of Keepsake Portraits. www.KeepsakePortraits.com
Image and Hospitality Sponsors
Please join with us and support your local Findlay businesses. For links to many of these websites, please visit www.FocusOnFindlay.com * indicates an image sponsor Aaron Peterson - Accoustic Guitar 906.458.0428 * Accents Plus Salon 315 East Sandusky Street, Findlay 419.423.1135 * Ali’s Alley 132 East Crawford Street, Findlay 419.424.5750 Amanda Shinkle - Massage Professionals of Ohio 517 South Main Street, Findlay 419.957.4779 www.mpofindlay.com Arts Partnership 618 South Main Street, Findlay 419.422.3412 www.artspartnership.com Awakening Minds Art Studio 515 South Main Street, Findlay 419.302.3892 www.awakeningmindsart.org Bailey Bibler - Performer 419.788.3654 * Bread Kneads 510 South Blanchard Street, Findlay 419.422.3863 facebook.com/breadkneads Cancer Patient Services 1800 North Blanchard Street, Findlay 419.423.0286 www.cancerpatientservices.org www.FocusOnFindlay.com
* Chelsy Taylor - Salon Icon and Spa 820 North Main Street, Findlay 567.525.4267 facebook.com/saloniconspa Chris Oaks - “Good Mornings” WFIN www.goodmornings.net Coffee Amici 328 South Main Street, Findlay 419.423.7957 www.coffeeamici.com * DorAnne’s Gifts and Gourmet 327 South Main Street, Findlay 419.425.5510 www.shopdorannes.com * Eyes on Main 334 South Main Street, Findlay 419.422.2015 www.eyesonmainvisioncenter.com Fash Lavender - Musician 906.458.0428 Findlay Inn and Conference Center 200 East Main Cross, Findlay 419.422.5682 www.findlayinn.com * Forte Matchmaking 419.575.0841 www.fortematchmaking.com * Gina Lynne Floral & Design 318 West Sandusky Street, Findlay 419.425.4562 www.ginalynnedesign.com
* J. Ladd - Accents Plus Salon 315 East Sandusky Street, Findlay 419.423.1135 * Jessica Watkins - stylist 567.376.9220 * Judi Herrin - Accents Plus Salon 315 East Sandusky Street, Findlay 419.423.1135 * Julie Lane - Arts Partnership Youtheatre 618 South Main Street, Findlay 419.422.3412 www.artspartnership.com/youtheatre * Julie Lane - Fort Findlay Playhouse 300 West Sandusky Street, Findlay 419.423.7168 www.fortfindlayplayhouse.org * Kathy Newell - University of Findlay Theatre 1000 North Main Street, Findlay 1.800.472.9502 www.findlay.edu * Keepsake Portraits 2119 Northridge Road, Findlay 419.422.4121 www.KeepsakePortraits.com * Kiya Papaya Boutique 404 South Main Street, Findlay 567.525.5078 facebook.com/kiyapapayaboutique Logan’s Irish Pub 414 South Main Street, Findlay 419.420.3602 www.LogansIrishPubFindlay.com Marbee Printing 2703 North Main Street, Findlay 419.422.9441 www.marbeeprinting.com Maria Reza - Downtown Findlay 123 East Main Cross, Findlay 419.422.3313 www.downtownfindlay.com Massage Professionals of Ohio 517 S Main Street, Suite 100, Findlay 419.957.4779 www.mpofindlay.com
* Muddy River Bicycle Company 403 South Main Street, Findlay 419.422.1161 www.muddyriverbikes.com * Natasha Lawless - Accents Plus Salon 315 East Sandusky Street, Findlay 419.423.1135 Pantasia - Findlay High School 1200 Broad Avenue, Findlay 419.425.8289 www.pantasia.org * Rieck’s Gallery 524 South Main Street, Findlay 419.422.2862 www.riecksgallery.com Rossilli’s 217 South Main Street, Findlay 419.423.5050 www.rossillisrestaurant.com * Samantha Prezlin - Official Dresser & Stylist * Salon Icon and Spa 820 North Main Street, Findlay 567.525.4297 facebook.com/saloniconspa Taste by Tara 15470 Bent Tree Drive, Findlay 419.890.9699 www.tastebytara.com * Trends on Main 624 South Main Street, Findlay 419.420.1582 www.trendsonmain.com * University of Findlay Department of Theatre 1000 North Main Street, Findlay 1.800.472.9502 www.findlay.edu Waldo Pepper’s 411 South Main Street, Findlay 419.422.7000 www.waldo-peppers.com We Serve Coffee 114 East Sandusky Street, Findlay 567.525.4680 www.weservecoffee.org