The Alfried Krupp Kolleg Greifswald Foundation On 20th June 2000, the Alfried Krupp von Bohlen und Halbach Foundation (Essen), the state of Mecklenburg-Vorpommern and the Ernst-Moritz-Arndt-University Greifswald established the Alfried Krupp Kolleg Greifswald Foundation. Professor Dr. h. c. mult. Berthold Beitz, who had been chairman of the board of trustees of the Alfried Krupp von Bohlen und Halbach Foundation for many years, developed the plan to build an independent institution for the promotion of science in Greifswald â€“ the Alfried Krupp Wissenschaftskolleg. Subsequently, the Alfried Krupp Kolleg Greifswald Foundation executed this plan. Professor Beitz was driven by the vision that an institute for advanced studies, embedded in the university- and Hanseatic town of Greifswald, should contribute to the revival of a liberal and cosmopolitan centre, which the town of Greifswald had been for encounters in the Baltic region hundreds of years before.
Alfried Krupp von Bohlen und Halbach (1907 â€“ 1967), the last sole owner of the Krupp company
Informationsbroschüre des Alfried Krupp Wissenschaftskollegs Greifswald in englischer Sprache