Issuu on Google+

Jamie shuttle goes up in flames! At about 11 pm on a Wednesday 30th October, the Jamie shuttle went up in flames near  medical school. It first started with the Jamie driver immediately stopping the shuttle as  soon as he saw smoke coming out of the gear shifter. He told us to get out of the shuttle  for safety; he then looked around the shuttle to investigate the source of the smoke. When  he opened the latch next to where the gear was situated, he found fire already burning  inside, he immediately reached for the fire extinguisher, the rest of us students were  shocked by the sudden appearance of fire and shouted out to him to leave the shuttle  immediately in fear that it may blow. There were sparks falling on the ground underneath  the shuttle, that’s when we, including the driver, decided to leave the shuttle because  there was nothing that could be done, since the fire extinguisher didn’t seem to work. We  stood at a safe distance and contacted the CPS, who contacted the police and the fire  department. Within minutes the police and firemen arrived to extinguish the fire. It took  about fifteen to thirty minutes to get rid of the fire from the Jamie shuttle completely, but  the Jamie shuttle was almost completely gone, the windows, roof, seats and the sides of  the shuttle were completely destroyed, only the tyres were somewhat safe, although I  doubt they will be re­used. It was a frightening ordeal for all of us, but it certainly took  our minds off the stressful exams for a while.


jamie shuttle goes up in flames