Issuu on Google+

FAQ Andrew Che Q: What should I do if I lose my passport in China? A) The first thing you would need to do is to go to a Public Security Bureau to get papers for your lost passport. Next you would have to go to your embassy or consulate to apply for a new passport, which will take 1-2 days. Q: What are the emergency numbers? A) Police: 110 || Ambulance: 999/120 Q: What are some popular monuments that I can visit? A) The Great Wall of China, The Forbidden Palace, Chengde Summer Resort, and the Summer Palace, to name a few. Q: How do I book train tickets? A) There are many websites that you can find that will help you book train tickets, such as, and you can even go the train station and book tickets! Q: Do I need a visa? A) Yes you do.You can get a visa at the Chinese Embassy in your area or you can hire travel and visa agencies to get you through the visa process. Something to know is that visas for U.S citizens cost more than other citizens of other countries. Q: What should I bring? A) In China, you would want to bring a good amount of cash, because you’ll most likely want to get something from a street vendor, who doesn't accept credit cards. Another thing to bring would be toilet paper. Public toilets in China seldom have toilet paper ready to be used. The climate also ranges in different areas, so you would want to bring a variety of clothes. Q: What are some of the different languages there? A) Mandarin is the most popular language, being the most spoken language in the world. However, different minority groups sometimes have their own unique language, and it would take forever to list them all down. English is now gaining popularity in China, so you might find some people who know that language. How will I get phone service?

37 faq andrew che