6 Different Kinds Of Methods For Your Drug Rehabilitation Choosing the right kind of drug rehabilitation treatment for your recovery is a key part in your success for sustaining a sober state. It is something to think carefully about, as this will help shape the trajectory of your recovery process. If you subscribe to something you are not 100 percent in support of, this will only inhibit yourself in recovering and staying on a healthy road. Luckily, there are many different kinds of rehabilitation programs that you can choose from that will maximize your chances of a stable recovery and minimize the risk of relapsing. Here are 6 different kinds of rehabilitation centers that you can consider to help aid you in the process of becoming sober.
1. Residential treatment: residential treatment requires you to live at the facility between 30-90 days. At your stay there, you will learn how to cope with the recovery process while undergoing an intensive treatment process during the day. This includes therapy sessions with professionals and other workers who specialize in addiction recovery.
2. Partial hospitalization: for those who are unable to withdraw from substances on their own, partial hospitalization provides medical monitoring as well as offering a stable living situation. This is not a full time service, but requires 3-5 days commitment per week.
3. Intensive Outpatient Program: Out patient programs are not required for having recovering addicts on the premises. Instead, they require a commitment level starting at arriving to the program at least 3 days a week, and request at least 2-4 hours per day- the schedule is also worked around school or work hours to provide maximum service. Emphasis is put on prevention exercises to suppress relapse risks.
4. Counseling: in addition to other types of treatments, counseling is a good program to add to your dedication of getting sober. It provides a holistic approach to the roots of your addiction, and offers ways to cope.
5. Sober living: sober living is a place that is meant to promote living with other recovering addicts in a safe environment in order to support a common objective of a healthy and drug-free lifestyle. This is a
positive environment for those to support each other and offer a safe haven in case one does not have a place to go that will not support their healthy lifestyle.
6. Brief Intervention: With brief intervention, it is appropriate to confront those who are delving into unhealthy habits of abusing drugs or alcohol. This is mainly used as a preventative tactic to keep people out of the depths of addiction, and is not typically used for those that are already suffering from a serious substance abuse problem.
In each scenario, it is designed to help curb the addiction and support a positive drug rehabilitation process. As you can see, each category is distinctly different from each other. With this, it is important to evaluate your personal needs that you trust will get and keep you on the right track of sober living. It is also possible to undergo more than one type of rehabilitation focus, depending on your needs.
Choosing the right kind of drug rehabilitation treatment for your recovery is a key part in your success for sustaining a sober state. Visi...