A highly motivated, genuinely flexible exceptionally hardworking Prince 2 certified Project Manager with 12 years of experience within data transformation projects, contributing to the compliant, on-time and in-budget delivery of successful projects in the banking sector, willing and fully able to immerse myself in any new business sector and secure equally impressive results. Having worked with blue-chip clients including Santander and Spanish Central Bank, I have participated in five implementations and two major migrations, with positive feedback received in recognition of my significant contributions. Willing to relocate anywhere in the world for the chance to undertake a suitable professional challenge, I am seeking to exceed typical expectations in a new role.
Javier MartĂnez Dols T. 07732 497215 firstname.lastname@example.org
Experiences Infographic 2013 SO VER
EIGN BANK , BOSTON, USA
NK, MILTON KEYN AL BA
l and Bank, Milton Keynes, Eng and er
I ON NAT
Extended information on the following pages
P R OJE C T M AN A G ER
PALMA DE MALLORC A
AN AL YS T P ROG
M RA M
E ESPAÑA. MADRID, S
1999-2004 BANK, LATIN A ME DER N A R T
R B A NK . M AD R I D , S
E TAND N A S
Experience details SOVEREIGN BANK, BOSTON, USA
• Responsible for scoping, planning, organizing and defining business objectives and technical requirements for the Internal Payments Department. • Implementation and scope approach to enhance the exiting implementation agreements, participating in various management tasks including team coordination (5 people), Project and Implementation Plan, PACS, Sign-off, Joint Defect meetings, Legacy Systems interlocutor, Business analysis (Design DDS, Solutions DDR). • Project management controls including Risk, Quality and Implementation Strategy, Product Description controls, Highlight and Checkpoint reports, creating a detailed program of activities and following the client’s management methodology. • Implementation requirements, PDP, Sign-off, Joint Defect Management (Issue and Exception reports), Work stream interlocution, E2E tests and strategy, IST management control, UAT and CONFORTEX Management, Transmissions E2E cycle. • Playing a key role in workshops and providing ongoing support to all users affected. April 2013 – Aug 2013
SANTANDER BANK, MILTON KEYNES, ENGLAND
• Responsible for scoping, planning, organizing and defining business objectives and technical requirements for the Cutover Migration of 371 branches from RBS/NWB to Santander Bank. • Implementation and scope approach of the Payments Department to enhance the exiting implementation agreements, participating in various management tasks including team coordination (8 people), Project Plan, Implementation Strategy, PACS, Sign-off, Joint Defect meetings, Migration Statistics, Design DDS, Solutions DDR and Addendums. • Project management controls including Risk, Quality and Implementation Strategy, Product Description controls, Highlight and Checkpoint reports, creating a detailed program of activities and following the client’s management methodology. • Requirements gathering, PDP, Sign-off, Joint Defect Management (Issue and Exception reports), Work stream interlocution, IST and UAT scripts management, Accounting and Settlements reports (IPS and SSR). • Playing a key role in workshops and providing ongoing support to all users affected. • Provided a link between the Santander Bank, RBS, team and any third-party regarding the different Migration Work streams such as ATM, Credentials, Corporate and Co-Existence. June 2012 – Dec 2012
SANOSTRA BANK, PALMA DE MALLORCA, SPAIN
• Responsible for implementing Loans, Risks and Defaults within a new banking platform environment, providing a link between the company, clients, the development team and all third-parties regarding software functionality. • Managing the business requirements scope and developing technical and functional solutions. • Assisting with formulating the implementation approach and analysing the impact on all business areas, using ALNOVA platform, to enhance the exiting functionality. • Managing the project plan and a team of 5-8 people from initial request through estimation, approval, requirements and implementation. • Writing business requirement specifications that successfully delivered necessary change in a manageable and non-intrusive way. • Involved in GAPs, presentations, functional and technical analysis, data integrity, stress testing, versioning, statistics and migration data mapping. • Assisting in the preparation of user and system test plans. • Re-engineering and implementation of new designs within the Business Operating Model. • Change management and problem solving, responding appropriately to unexpected issues. • Identification of impacts and dependencies on other work streams/business areas • Technologies Used: IBM Mainframe, COBOL/CICS/ DB2/JCL/Control-M. September 2007 - January 2011
ABBEY NATIONAL BANK, MILTON KEYNES, ENGLAND
• Collaborated on the Personal Accounts Migration from Abbey National Bank to Santander Bank IT system, involved in the analysis and mapping of the migration data via PARTENON platform. • Provided technical support to ensure proper functioning post-migration, evaluating the migrated data and its impact including. • Functional and technical analysis of Migration Data. • Integration of new developments. • Chain-modelling and execution with CONTROL-M. • Testing and data mapping. • Versioning Control. • Technologies Used: IBM Mainframe, COBOL/CICS/ DB2/JCL/Control-M. May 2007 - August 2007
BANCO DE ESPAÑA. MADRID, SPAIN
• Collaborated on a new integration system (TARGET2) within all Spanish Banks and ECB on a project undertaken for the Spanish Central Bank. • Managing the work-stream and allocating tasks among a team of 3-5 people. • Requirements gathering and technical and functional analysis (DDS/GAPs). • Managing impact on all business areas. • Delivered Functional and UAT testing. • Chain modelling with CONTROL-M. • Identification of impacts and dependencies within the Spanish Banks and ECB. • Stress Testing, performance improvement, quality and statistics. • Supporting Strategy Roll-out. • Technologies Used: IBM Mainframe, COBOL/CICS/ DB2/JCL/Control-M. November 2005 - April 2007
SANTANDER BANK. MADRID, SPAIN
• Managing a team of 5-8 people, analysing and implementing the Credit Risk DWH of a Basel II project for the Santander Bank system, using the PARTENON platform. • Developing the implementation of a BDI Failure Database and BDR Credit Risk Database and formulating a solution to provide a link between Back-end and Front-end (SAS). • Due to the high volume of data (16.000.000 of customers), we had to ensure the data modelling viability for the business requirements. • Technologies Used: IBM Mainframe, COBOL/CICS/ DB2/JCL/Control-M/Rational Rose/DDR/DDS.
SANTANDER BANK, LATIN AMERICA
• Collaborated on Core Banking Implantation of Scoring/Rating, Pursuit Management and Collateral areas within Latin America, having overseas implantations in Argentina, Brazil and Puerto Rico. • Involved in the analysis, testing, development and user support using ALTAIR platform. • Technologies Used: IBM Mainframe, COBOL/CICS/ DB2/JCL/Control-M.
October 2004 - November 2005
December 1999 - September 2004
Education and Training
Technical Skills • Database: DB2/SQL, IMS/DB, ACCESS, RDMS, DMS. • Programming languages: COBOL II.
• PRINCE2 Foundation & Practitioner.
• Monitor of data communications: CICS, IMS/DC.
• Masters in Analysis and Structural Development.
• Platforms: ALTAIR, PARTENON, NEA and ALNOVA.
• (COBOL II, TSO/ISPF, JCL, DB2/SQL, CICS, IMS/DB-DC).
• Command languages: JCL, Control-M
• Technical Engineer in Computer Management.
• Software: IBM Mainframe (TSO/ ISPF), Windows, Microsoft Office (Excel, Power Point, Word, Project), Rational Rose, Microfocus.
• University Complutense of Madrid. • Relational Database Design Course.
• ITIL: Changeman, Endevor. • Testing tools: Intertest, Smartest.
Key Skills • Full-cycle project management, delivering effective solutions within budget and time constraints. • Effective management, motivation and mentoring of project teams. • Vast experience in Banking Consultant roles, 12 years working with Core Banking Financial Solutions such as PARTENON, ALNOVA, NEA and ALTAIR based on SOA full life-cycle, working within areas including loans, mortgages, risk, payments, BASEL II, collateral, SWIFT. • Areas of expertise include: strategy and project scope, planning, organising and setting objectives, requirements elicitation management PDP, design, management solution, process mapping, user acceptance testing, business case development and supporting the supplier selection process. • Professional attitude, positive mindset and solid focus on career development.