*J&A MAGAZINE* “It’s All About Business”
Jessica González Alejandra Monterroso
RESUME It is data sheet that explains your: * Education
* Work experience * Qualifications * Skills
Application Letter • Persuades an employer to hire you. • Demostrate your skills (summary).
• Assure that you are perfect for the job. • Request an interview.
• SOLICITED LETTER: Sent in response to a help-wanted ad.
• UNSOLICITED LETTER: No ad or opening but you still send it. (They will considerate you when something is available)
Follow-up Letters • It is sent after the interview.
• It shows your interest towards that company. • You say “thank you” for the time & the interview.
Reference Letters • It could be the diference between a candidate’s acceptance or rejection. • It introduces a person and tells about his skills, qualifications, etc. • Explains how you know him.
Recommendation Letter • It is persuasive. • Verifies experience, competence & credibility • Provides information about the applicant – The one that recommends has been personally involved with the candidate.
Declining a Job Offer Letter â€˘ It is a discreet, courteous and polite letter explaining the reasons of why you must decline the job offered. â€˘ Always thank the employer for his consideration and comprehension.
DECLINING A JOB OFFER
Rejecting a Job Appicant Letter • An employer decides not to hire the job applicant, it is a nice gesture to write it. • An employer says “Thank you” for the interest in the company, and “Sorry” for the unavailable openings.
REJECTING A JOB APPLICANT
Resignation Letter • It can help you resign on a positive way.
• Includes: – – – –
Date on which you want to resign Reasons Some achievements during your job Gratitude
Always helping your businessâ€Ś