P L AC E S & P R O D U C T S & P EOP L E
G REAT FINDS
PE RF ECT PALETTE
summer glow Orange and pink hues abound this time of year: cozy campfires, ripe melons, the sun’s sweet send-off into evening. And while there are countless opportunities to enjoy the colors in nature, there are lots of ways to relish them at home, too. At just 14 inches tall and 13 inches wide, the compact Fyrkat Grill ($60, bodum.com) is perfect for impromptu picnics on the terrace or in the park. In bright orange, it looks ablaze even before you light the charcoal.
M A R T H A S T E W A R T . C O M | 35
GREAT FINDS perfect
1. Seed Bombs ($7 for a pack of 5, uncommongoods.com) come with two simple instructions: throw, and grow. Each packet contains a variety of wildflower seeds suited to a particular region.
2. The graphic Angular ikat pillow ($50, by Martha Stewart Collection, from macys.com) will be the bright spot on any sofa. 3. Dusk lives on in the subtle glow of handmade ceramic Disc string lights ($164 per string of 10, pigeon toeceramics.com). Connect up to three sets to expand your horizon.
4. With rounded bases, the Hula glasses (in Warm, $34 for a set of 4, uncommongoods.com) rock back and forth like the dancers they’re named after. 5. Two sets of handles let you sling the sturdy, stylish canvas Market tote ($200, by Alice Park, from Top Hat, 212-677-4240) over your shoulder for shopping or use it as an easy-to-move catchall at home. 6. Tuck your specs into this canvas Chips sunglasses case ($20, good foodgoodthings.com), or treat yourself to a flattering new pair of Tory Burch sunglasses ($163, sunglasshut.com).
7. Summer parties call for bold and breezy napkins. From left Large Chevron paper cocktail napkins (in Orange, $5 for 20, caspari online.com), Bandhani napkins (in Fuchsia and Orange, $56 for 4, kimseybert.com), and Seersucker napkin (in Natural/Bubblegum, $64 for 4, kimseybert.com).
8. The hand-thrown porcelain Gourd bowl (8½", $60, gleena.com) is a serving piece that doubles as a sculptural centerpiece when empty; behind the scenes, it works nicely as a mixing bowl, thanks to its spout. 8
36 | M A R T H A S T E W A R T . C O M
10. Turkish bath–style Fouta towels (in Multi Sunny, $67.50, and Large Stripe Coral/Yellow, $60.50; scents andfeel.com) get softer with each wash and can also work as sarongs.
9. A fun summertime gift, the Trina Turk Ping-Pong set ($52 for 2 paddles and 4 balls, alicesupplyco .com) will strike your host’s fancy.
Published on May 13, 2011