JENN IF E R
213 E Cross Street Baltimore, MD 21230 M: 630.363.9089 E: firstname.lastname@example.org W: https://issuu.com/jen_s0n
ED UCA T IO N University of Maryland College Park, MD | December 2017 Master of Architecture Master of Real Estate Development GPA: 3.8/4.0
University of Illinois Champaign, IL | May 2015 B.S. Architectural Studies | GPA: 3.88/4.00 Escola Tècnica Superior d'Arquitectura del Vallès | Study Abroad 2014-2015
A W A RDS Design Excellence Award | AIA Maryland Fall 2018 First Prize | MRED Capstone Project December 2017 Finalist | ULI Hines Student Competition April 2017 Juror Citation | AIA Maryland Fall 2016
E X PE RIE N CE Design Collective | Baltimore, MD | Architect I
• Active in the firm’s Sustainability Committee, implementing a COTE Top Ten framework to guide sustainability goals for projects as part of the firm’s commitment to AIA 2030. • Firm culture champion, helping to coordinate monthly happy hours and providing the firm recaps of its weekly summer softball games. • Assisted in the creation of several RFP responses, creating graphics and digital content to illustrate the firm’s experience and expertise.
Project Experience 300/325 Morse Street | CD’s through CA, to date › 498,740 SF, 12-story mixed-use development project in Washington, D.C. › Provided construction documentation support, primarily responsible for documenting all 451 units and their kitchen and bathroom models. Responsibilities grew during construction documentation and continue to grow into Construction Administration.
College Park City Hall | Concept through DD, to date › 108,000 S,F 4-story mixed-use city hall for College Park, MD › Created diagrams to communicate the design intent, championed precedent research and composed and organized presentations for client meetings › Coordinated weekly design tasks with team
Gensler | Washington, D.C. | Professional Intern
Revit Photoshop Illustrator InDesign Sketchup AutoCAD
June - August 2017
• Prepared schematic design documentation and attended client meetings as part of the core design team for Westfield Montgomery’s mall redesign. • Catalogued furniture selections in Excel, contacting reps for fabric samples and lead times. • Spearheaded a month-long mock RFP client presentation for the studio directors.
Design Collective | Baltimore, MD | Intern
SO F T W A RE
March 2018 - Present
June - August 2016
• Assisted in construction administration tasks for a mixed-used development, implementing changes to the Revit model for ASI’s and creating tenant space LOD documents for review. • Communicated design intentions through Illustrator diagrams for client meetings and marketing proposals. • Collaborated with colleagues on iterative design concepts for a hotel facade.
Wiss, Janney, Elstner Assoc. | Chicago, IL | Associate I
May - August 2015
• Worked closely with technical details of buildings varying in age, size, and construction. • Performed site inspections, general progress observations, and water testing from ground level, rooftops, and swing stages. • Oversaw the creation and editing of repair and restoration details in AutoCAD.
L E A D E RS H IP University of Maryland | College Park, MD | Teaching Assistant
Fall 2015 - Fall 2017
• Lead daily critique, design reviews, and grading of beginning architectural design studios with oversight from associate professor(s). • Exceeded expectations of position by offering mentorship and critique to students outside of normal studio hours.
ULI Hines Student Competition | Team Captain
• Collaborated with a multidisciplinary team from the University of Maryland to design and finance a mixed-use, waterfront neighborhood in Chicago, IL. • Pitched our vision to a panel jury as one of four finalists out of 120 teams from 58 schools.
Jennifer Chorosevic, Assoc. AIA, Architecture and Development. Professional resume current as of 4/14/2019.