Do Be Do Be Do for Bass clarinet, bassoon, trombone, drum set, marimba, vibraphone, viola and contrabass
"To be is to do - Socrates
To do is to be - Sartre
Do be do be do - Frank Sinatra"
- The piece is written for an amplified ensemble.
LEGEND - Bass Clarinet *
- Bite the reed and blow as hard as you can, changing the notes rapidly and creating a "squeky" sound effect. - Viola
- Sweep across the strings with left hand, but not by pressing them down, therefore creating random harmonics and a "screechy" sound effect.
- CONTRABASS 1. Tunning D, A, D, G 2. Contrabass should be hooked to an over drive pedal or any other kind of a soft distortion pedal. 3. Special tehniques:
- Screw is placed in between strings (in this case between A and D string), and then played as tremolo, hitting both string simultaneously. b
- It is played like a jetĂŠ, but only col legno. The bow is being quickly swept across the strings when bouncing in a certain direction, so each time it would hit a different part of the string, thus creating different harmonics. - BASSOON MULTIPHONICS
- DRUM SET LEGEND