Exam – 3rd Term – 1st year ESO (Ref) FULL NAME:___________________________________________ GROUP:________ 1) Complete with the present simple (+) or the present continuous (+) of the verbs in brackets // Completa co presente simple (+) ou o presente continuo (+) dos verbos entre paréntese: (10x0.1=1) -
I OFTEN _____________ (wear) jeans but TODAY I _________________ (wear) a skirt. On Fridays they USUALLY _____________ (go) fishing but THIS FRIDAY they _____________ (go) to the swimming-pool. EVERY DAY she ______________ (study) English at school but TODAY she __________________ (study) English at home. He ALWAYS _______________ (write) e-mails but NOW he ______________ (write) a letter. Mum USUALLY ______________ (cook) lunch but TODAY dad _______________ (cook)
2) Complete with the present simple (-) or the present continuous (-) of the verbs in brackets // Completa co presente simple (-) ou o presente continuo (-) dos verbos entre paréntese: (5x0.1=0.5) -
You ______________ (- see) Peter EVERY DAY. Mary ____________________ (- eat) a hamburger NOW. I ________________________ (- do) my homework NOW. The children __________________ (- study) ON SATURDAYS. They ________________________ (- read) a book NOW.
3) Complete with the present simple (?) or the present continuous (?) of the verbs in brackets // Completa co presente simple (?) ou o presente continuo (?) dos verbos entre paréntese: (5x0.1=0.5 ) -
____________ you ___________ (go) on holiday by train SOMETIMES? ____________ they ___________ (play) computer games EVERY DAY? ____________ she ____________ (eat) dinner AT THE MOMENT? What ______________ they ____________ (do) NOW? _______________ she _____________ (visit) her grandma VERY OFTEN?
4) PLACE PREPOSITIONS: Where is the ball? // Preposiciรณns de lugar: Onde estรก o balรณn? (5x0.1=0.5)
The ball is __________________ the box.
The ball is _________________ the box.
The ball is _________________ the box.
The ball is _____________ the box.
The ball is _____________ the two boxes. 5) a) Look at the house and answer the following questions // Mira a casa e resposta as seguintes cuestiรณns con oraciรณns completas . (5x0.1=0.5)
Are there any bedrooms?
Is there a bed in the kitchen? Is there a table in the sitting-room? Are there any cookers in the bathroom? Is there a wardrobe in the terrace?
b) Now ask questions for these answers // Agora fai preguntas para estas respostas: (5x0.1=0.5) -
____________________________________? kitchen. ____________________________________? kitchen. ____________________________________? toilet. ____________________________________? sitting-room. ____________________________________? bedroom.
Yes, there are some chairs in the Yes, there is a cooker in the No, there isn’t a bath tub in the No, there aren’t any beds in the Yes, there is a wardrobe in the
6) Complete with the PAST SIMPLE of the verb TO BE (WAS – WERE) // Completa co PASADO SIMPLE do verbo TO BE (WAS – WERE) (10x0.1=1) - She - We - They -I - She - Sally - Our teacher - Tom and Bill - My cousin - The children
sad yesterday. at the Zoo yesterday. in the disco last night. in London in 2008. pretty when she was young. a good student. very tired yesterday. very good friends at primary school. at school yesterday morning. in Ourense last Tuesday.
7) Make the first FIVE sentences in exercise 6 NEGATIVE // Pon as CINCO primeiras oracións do exercicio 6 en NEGATIVA. (5x0.1=0.5) 8) Make the last FIVE sentences in exercise 6 INTERROGATIVE // Pon as cinco derradeiras oracións do exercicio 6 en INTERROGATIVA. (5x0.1=0.5) -
9) VOCABULARY // VOCABULARIO a) Answer the following questions // Resposta as seguintes preguntas: (5x0.1=0.5)
b) Write the names next to the pictures // Escribe os nomes 贸 car贸n dos debuxos. (5x0.1=0.5)
10) IMPERATIVE- Write the commands // IMPERATIVO – Escribe as ordes. (5x0.1=0.5)
: Abre a porta! = _________ _______ _________
: Fecha a fiestra! = _________ ______ _________
: Come a mazá! = ____________ ________ __________
: Le o libro! = ____________ ________ ______________
11) Read the text and say if the sentences below are true or false // Le o texto e di se as oracións que aparecen debaixo son verdadeiras (true) ou falsas (false) . (5x0.1=0.5) Clarkson is a large town. There are about fifty thousand people living there. It is next to a big river, the Clark River. Every day, people take the ferry from North Clarkson to South Clarkson to go to work. A lot of people live in North Clarkson. There are many trees and the streets are very big. When it is sunny and the children run and play in the streets, North Clarkson is a wonderful place to live. South Clarkson has a lot of shops and factories. People don't live there, but they come in the morning to work. There is also a big stadium where the Clarkson Tigers play. On Sundays, many people go to watch their favorite team. At the weekend, the people from Clarkson like walking along the Clark River. Every year, Clarkson grows because a lot of people come to live there. The government builds houses and the streets are full of people.
1. Nearly fifty thousand people live in Clarkson. True False 2. The Clark River is a small river. True False 3. People live in South Clarkson. True False 4. Their team plays on Saturdays. True False 5. Many new people come to Clarkson to live. True False