1st year ESO – 1st exam - 2nd term (30%) FULL NAME:__________________________________________ GROUP:_________ 1) Completa las frases con la forma correcta de los verbos del recuadro. Luego traduce a castellano / galego /// Complete the sentences with the correct form of the verbs in the box. Then translate into Spanish / Galician language. (8) like meet
They go to the park after school. Ellos van al parque después del colegio / Eles van ó parque despois da escola. 1
his friends after school.
English with your friends.
football every day.
to the cinema at the weekend.
Rachel and Scott
cycling at the weekend.
2) Completa las frases. Usa la forma negativa de los verbos del recuadro. Luego traduce a castellano / galego /// Complete the sentences. Use the present simple NEGATIVE form of the verbs in the box. Then translate into Spanish / Galician language. (7) speak
football. They don’t play Ellas no juegan al fútbol. / Elas non xogan ó fútbol.
DVDs after school.
magazines at school.
basketball in the morning.
3) Completa el texto. Usa la forma afirmativa (✓) o negativa (✗) de los verbos entre paréntesis. Luego traduce a castellano / galego /// Complete the text. Use the present simple POSITIVE or NEGATIVE form of the verbs in brackets. Then translate into Spanish / Galician language. (10)
This is Joe. (0) He ____________ (read ➼) books every day. He (1) ________________ (read ➻) magazines.He (2) ______________ (like ➼) books, but he (3) ____________ (like ➼) magazines. He (4) _______________ (like ➻) TV, but he (5) ____________ (watch ➼) DVDs at the weekend. He (6) ______________ (go ➼) to bed late! After school, Joe (7) _______________ (play ➼) football with his friends. They (8) _____________ (play ➼) basketball.They (9) ____________ (surf ➼) every day in summer.
Este es Joe / Este é Joe. ______________________________________________________________________ ______________________________________________________________________ ______________________________________________________________________ ______________________________________________________________________ ______________________________________________________________________ ______________________________________________________________________ ______________________________________________________________________
4) Haz preguntas en presente simple /// Ask QUESTIONS in the PRESENT SIMPLE. (4)
___________________________in England? (they / live) Yes, they do. They live in Manchester.
______________________________________________ meat? (he / eat) No, he doesn’t . He eats pasta.
______________________________________________ English? (she / teach) No, she doesn’t. She teaches Geography.
_________________________________________ TV at the weekend? (they / watch) Yes, they do. They watch TV every day.
5) Describe en inglés un día en la vida de Jack. Una frase en presente simple por dibujo /// Describe in English a day in Jack’s life. Use a sentence in the present simple for each picture. (14)
6) Completa con can o can’t según la situación /// Complete with CAN or CAN’T according to the situation. (5) a. She is good at the piano; she
play the piano very well.
b. This test is very difficult; I
answer any question.
c. Maria can speak English but she
sleep today because you are very nervous.
play tennis very well; he is a good tennis player
7) ¿Cuál es el verbo apropiado para cada deporte? Señala la opción correcta /// Which is the suitable verb for each sport? Tick the correct option. (10) Q1 - I ____ swimming twice a week. do go play
Q2 - You ____ football. do go play
Q3 - They ____ fishing. do go play
Q4 - People ____ aerobics. do go play
Q5 - You ____ golf. do go play
Q6 - They ____ gymnastics. do go play
Q7 - People ____ cricket. do go play
Q8 - You ____ athletics. do go play
Q9 - You ____ skiing. do go play
Q10 - You ___ rugby. do go play
8) Asignaturas: Ordena las palabras y numera los dibujos /// School subjects: Order the words and number the pictures. (9)
1) S H A M T
3) M A A R D
4) H I E G N S L
5) S C U I M 6) I R O A N F M O I T N 7) C S C N I E E
8) H S C L A P I Y - U D E A O I T N C
9) Y O E H G R G P A
9) Lee el texto y responde las preguntas /// Read the text and answer the questions. (5) Mary has a lot of hobbies. She usually gets up early, at half-past seven, and she can run before work. She doesn't often have time to ski, but she sometimes goes on Saturdays. Mary often rides a horse. She loves music. She always goes to a choir on Wednesday evenings and sings in church on Sundays. She hasnâ€™t got much extra money, so she almost never goes to concerts in the city. She rarely watches TV. She usually goes to the gym. She isn't often alone because she has got a lot of friends. She sometimes does things alone, but she usually does her activities with one of her friends. She's a happy woman! a) What time does Mary usually get up? b) What does Mary do on Sundays? c) Is Mary a sad person? d) When does she go skiing? e) Is Mary a rich woman?
10) Comprensión auditiva: “ Un sábado típico”. Rodea la opción correcta /// Listening Comprehension: “ A typical Saturday”. Circle the correct option. (8) a) MESSAGE 1 – by MARTA – at 7:45 pm - When does Marta meet friends? * In the morning. * In the afternoon. * In the evening. - Where does Marta watch DVDs? * At home. * At school. * At the cinema. b) MESSAGE 2 – by DYLAN – at 8:05 pm - What does Dylan usually do in the morning? * He usually watches TV. * He usually goes skateboarding. * He usually talks on the phone. - Does Dylan play football? * Yes, he does. * No, he doesn’t. * We don’t know. - What does Dylan do in the evening? * He plays cards. * He goes to the park. * He chats on the internet. c) MESSAGE 3 – by AMY – at 9:20 pm - What does Amy usually do on Saturday morning? * She reads comics. * She reads newspapers. * She reads magazines. - When does Amy play the piano? * In the morning. * In the afternoon. * In the evening. - When does Amy usually meet friends? * In the morning. * In the afternoon. * In the evening.