IPC APEX EXPO™ 2010 EXHIBITOR PROSPECTUS Mandalay Bay Resort & Convention Center, Las Vegas April 6–8, 2010 Participate in APEX® — the largest trade show and conference for the electronics manufacturing and test industries. Reach every link in the supply chain — EMS, OEMs, designers, PCB companies and suppliers. Product specifiers, technical experts, company presidents: all come to see new products, find new suppliers and solve manufacturing challenges. Reach more decision makers in three short days than you can in a year of knocking on doors and e-mail blasts. It’s the industry’s own show and you need to be there, now more than ever.
WHO ATTENDED IN 2009?
APEX has been described — over and over by attendees — as the “one place” to go. It’s where they go to catch up with old friends, look for new solutions, learn about new research and how to address old problems. They are part of an important community for electronics assembly and manufacturing — and they expect their suppliers to be there too. If they don’t see you at the show, meet you in person, take part in a product demonstration — will you be on their list when purchase decisions are made? If you want to meet this important audience, you need to exhibit at IPC APEX EXPO. Research from the Center for Exhibition Industry Research shows that face-to-face contact with a potential buyer at an exhibition will cost a company an average of $215. Making a first face-to-face contact without a lead from an exhibition will cost a company $1,039. Thus, meeting a prospective customer at an exhibition versus in the field saves an organization $824.
HOW CAN I GET MORE SALES FROM THE SHOW? A huge benefit of exhibiting at IPC’s premier event is the professional marketing support that you receive, both pre-and post-show. We implement an integrated marketing campaign starting in August that runs right up to the show. We send out conference brochures, VIP passes, e-mails, web banners and advertisements, all designed to help you increase your business. We can even provide IPC members with free pre- and post-show attendee lists to promote new products, new applications and new services. Use our resources and see the results at your booth.
• 30% were engineers • 36% were senior company executives • 75% recommend, influence, or make final purchasing decisions • 15% came from outside the U.S.A. Attendees came from 48 states and 54 countries
WHY DO ATTENDEES GO? They are decision makers looking for new products to buy. • 70% go to see new products • 48% go to identify new suppliers • 50% go to network with industry colleagues • One out of every two planned to purchase within 12 months
"Our numbers were very good, better than most years. Also, there was a near absence of tire kickers — everyone was on a mission and needed to bring home answers. We heard good feedback from the tech sessions, committee meetings, and of course attendance at the various awards programs was very high as well. Well done IPC." Tom Forsythe, Vice President, Kyzen
Top Categories Attendees Specify, Recommend or Buy: • Adhesives & Dispensers • Assembly Chemicals & Materials • Automated Test Equipment • Cleaning Equipment/Supplies • Printed Boards • Production Hand Tools • Reflow/Wave Soldering Systems • Rework/Repair Tools • Stencil Printing Systems • Test/Inspection Equipment
“I found a piece of test equipment at the exhibit that I probably never would have found using a random Internet search. It was pertinent to a specific problem we are currently experiencing. After giving my boss the recommendation, we’re moving on buying one.” Lynn Norman, Senior Materials Engineer Continental Automotive Systems US, Inc.
Exclusive sponsorships are available! Call Mary Mac Kinnon today to select the sponsorship that will give you the best ROI! Call +1 847-597-2886 or e-mail MaryMacKinnon@ipc.org today.
These Top Companies Attended in 2009! IBM Danaher Agilent Technologies Intel Dell Alcatel–Lucent ITT Industries Delphi Amphenol Jabil Circuit Dover Analog Devices Kimball Electronics Group E.I. du Pont de Nemours Andrew Kyocera EADS Apple L-3 Communications Emerson Arrow Electronics LG Electronics Ericsson ATI Technologies Lockheed Martin Foxconn AT&S BAE Systems Beckman Coulter Benchmark Electronics “If a supplier isn’t at the show, they likely won’t make our evaluation process. It’s where we go to evaluate the full range Boeing of solutions from the full range of suppliers.“ Bose Joseph O’Neil, President, Hunter Technology Boston Scientific Broadcom Medtronic Flextronics Int’l Celestica Micron Technology General Dynamics Cisco Systems Mitsubishi Electric General Electric Computer Sciences Multek Harris Continental Automotive Nokia Hewlett-Packard Cookson Northrop Gumman Hitachi Coretec Panasonic Honeywell Cray Philips Electronics Huawei DDI
Plexus Qualcomm Raytheon Research in Motion Robert Bosch Rockwell Automation Rockwell Collins Rohm and Haas Samsung Sanmina-SCI Sanyo Sony St. Jude Medical Sun Microsystems Teledyne Teradyne Texas Instruments Toyota TTM Tyco International Viasystems Vishay Intertechnology Western Digital And more …
Draw Even More Qualified, Motivated Buyers To Your Booth IPC APEX EXPO offers you the most comprehensive, most value-added exhibition package in the industry. In addition to the lowest space rates in the industry, exhibitors also receive… “I like that I can do comparison shopping under one roof. If I see a feature I like on one machine, I can go to the next one and see how it compares. It’s instant feedback.” Often, Borwege discovers technologies on the show floor that are not on his agenda — but that turn out to be beneficial. Previously, he saw a humidification system on the show floor. At the time, his company didn’t need one, but when the need arose, he knew where to go. At the 2008 show, he made another find: “I didn’t even have solder dross on my agenda to look into at the show, but stumbled upon a great dross reducing agent that will save us thousands of dollars per year.” Barry Borwege Manufacturing Engineer SPX Service Solutions
Go to www.IPCAPEXEXPO.org or e-mail MaryMacKinnon@ipc.org or call +1 847-597-2886 for more information on how to become an exhibitor.
• FREE company listing in the Online Exhibit Hall. Extend • FREE black and white identification sign (7" x 44") with your presence beyond the show floor through your your company's name and booth number comprehensive online listing! Include photos, press • FREE admission to the welcome reception on the releases, new products, links to audio and video show floor where you can meet with prospects and presentations — and more! customers over cocktails and snacks • FREE company listing in the exhibitor portion of the • FREE - A comprehensive, marketing campaign that official printed Show Directory. will include collateral such as conference brochures, • FREE Product and Services category listing in the Online Exhibit Hall and printed Show Directory.
e-mail broadcasts, direct mail, social media, Web banners and advertisements in major industry trade publications, both in print and electronic.
• FREE New Product listing in the Online Exhibit Hall and printed Show Directory. • FREE unlimited VIP passes and Conference Brochures for your customers and prospects. • FREE full-color company logo accompanying your company listing in the Online Exhibit Hall and printed Show Directory. • One FREE full conference registration for an employee or customer of your choice. • The 2010 IPC APEX EXPO Pre-Show Registered Attendee List for pre-show mailings (FREE to IPC Members). • The 2010 IPC APEX EXPO Attendee List for post-show mailings (FREE to IPC Members).
• E xclusive opportunity to become a sponsor or advertiser. • The recognition your company’s innovative products and services deserve in the selective Innovative Technology Center (IPC Members only). • Opportunity for additional exposure through participation in the International Buyer Program, with a FREE listing in the Export Interest Guide (U.S. exhibitors only).
• Access to tons of ideas on how to promote your products and increase your visibility at the show with the FREE Exhibitor Marketing Guide. • FREE membership in the online IPC APEX EXPO Exhibitors Community, a private meeting place that provides a portal through which you can ask questions, view upcoming deadlines, get moneysaving tips and much more! • FREE back wall drape and draped side rails in show colors.
Contact Mary Mac Kinnon for information on Turnkey Booth Packages, Sponsorships and Directory Advertising. Call +1 847-597-2886 or e-mail MaryMacKinnon@ipc.org today.
Published on Jun 23, 2009