Beaumont House in Windsor
Venue for 2011 Annual General Meeting and Conference 12th May 2011 - 14thMay 2011 Within 40 acres of sprawling grounds lies the Beaumont Estate in Old Windsor. Dating back to the 14th century, the Estate was a family home for many years until 1854 when it was sold to the Society of Jesus as a training college for novices and then a Roman Catholic boarding school. Nine years later and a chapel was built by renowned architect Joseph Hansom with a barrel-vaulted ceiling, carefully painted in the early 20th century by Romaine Walker.Once the school closed in the late 1960's, Beaumont Estate was purchased by British computer company ICL who used it as their training centre. In 2003, Hayley Conference Centres bought the venue and developed it into an upscale conference venue. The original White House in the grounds and the Chapel were left untouched and under-utilised. Under-used that is until Principal Hayley Hotels and Conference Venues acquired Beaumont House in 2007. In June 2008, Beaumont Estate embarked on an ambitious refurbishment programme to completely renovate The White House and restore the Chapel. Just 5 months and ÂŁ8.1million later and the beautiful, exclusive executive suite White House opened and the magnificent Chapel was unveiled.
The White House and Chapel are just one part of Beaumont Estate and there's 40 more acres of conference, meeting and training space in Beaumont Estate and the Conference Village.
Directions Whether travelling by air, rail or car, Beaumont House, is easy to reach. It's just off the A308 and A328 and near the M3, M4 and M25. Just 10 miles and 15 minutes from London Heathrow Airport, Beaumont Estate is 5 minutes from Egham and Windsor railway stations. The historic town of Windsor is 3 miles away. Parking is extensive and complimentary for guests of the hotel, conference venue and leisure club. Beaumont Estate, Burfield Road, Old Windsor, Berkshire SL4 2JJ
Vol 67 No 6