Penn Foster Exam Answers 986041 Writing Skills Part 2 Click Here to Instantly Download OR COPY & PASTE: http://instantanswerplace.com/penn-foster-exam-answers-986041-writing-skills-part-2/
Penn Foster Exam Answers TUTORIAL: Includes final exam guide with answers for final exam. Individual Assignment: Writing Skills Part 2 986041 Penn Foster Answers 986041RR 986041 Writing Skills Part 2
Instantly Download PF High School exam answers, PF Career school exam answers, exam guides and more! Get Better Grades Spending LESS Time! Are you stressed out trying to juggle school, work, friends, family, and a million catastrophes that just seem to pop up when you finally get a chance to study? Attending school online seems like a perfect solution to taking control of your life until it takes over your life. InstantAnswerPlace.com gives you the freedom to instantly download the help you need NOW! The research is already done for you and gives you a jump start on your studies. Look, we all get frustrated when we know we are running into the eleventh hour of a deadline. Sometimes all it takes is a quick exam guide to relieve the negative self-talk, frustration, and panic caused by the little emergencies of everyday school life. Take full control of your high school and career goals with InstantAnswerPlace.com!
SAMPLE PRACTICE EXAM QUESTIONS IN STUDY GUIDE 1. Which of the following would be an appropriate way to add variety to your sentences? A. Make your sentences read like a spoken conversation. B. Add personal anecdotes. C. Use questions and answers together. D. Use more close-up words.
2. Find the sentence with the active voice. A. It was voted by the legislature to pass. B. The chairman told me that the legislature passed the bill. C. I was told by the chairman that the bill was passed by the legislature. D. The bill was passed by the legislature.
3. Which of the following sentences is written in the passive voice? A. I would not provoke that man if I were you. B. Having left the building, Elvis never returned. C. The effects of cyanide are well known. D. They considered their options.
4. A thesaurus is a book that's useful for finding
A. synonyms. B. famous persons. C. definitions. D. frequently misspelled words.
5. Read the word in parentheses; then decide which of these sentences most effectively translates an abstract concept into a mental picture. A. (Sunrise) The rising sun transformed the canyon into bright stone and deep shadow. B. (Rumors) Whispers of doubt filled the empty halls like the reek of boiled cabbage. C. (Freedom) On her twenty-first birthday, Lola declared herself a woman. D. (Studious) Lucy lay on her bed reading a back issue of National Geographic.
6. Which sentence best describes clustering? A. You write down words or ideas that occur to you in no particular order. B. You're generating words that suggest possible themes for an essay. C. You're generating words that suggest possible sentences or paragraphs. D. You write down words or ideas in chronological order.
7. What is the most important point in the following sentence? My sister, Emily, the tallest girl in her class, has many friends.
A. Emily is my sister. B. Emily is the tallest girl in her class. C. My sister's name is Emily. D. Emily has many friends.
8. Anna is an exceptional young girl. _______ Anna does any job that needs to be done. To vary the sentence structure, which one of the following sentences should you insert in the blank? A. Have you noticed how hard she works? B. Anna works hard every day of her life. C. Anna is a hardworking and versatile person. D. Anna is always working hard at home.
9. When using direct quotations in your writing, which of the following should be placed outside the set of quotation marks? A. Semicolon B. Comma C. Period D. Question mark
10. Nelson's hobby is tinkering with small appliances.
Tinkering with implies that Nelson is unskilled at his hobby. You want to change the flavor of this sentence to show that Nelson is, in fact, quite skilled at his hobby. Which of the following should you choose to replace tinkering with so that the reader gets the right idea? A. Repairing B. Selling C. Fiddling with D. Messing with
11. Increasing your vocabulary means A. you'll write longer sentences. B. you'll be able to spend more time reading. C. you'll spend less time on revision. D. you'll write more lively sentences.
12. When writing, you can most effectively use a dash A. in place of a semicolon. B. in place of an exclamation point. C. to add a formal touch to a sentence. D. to get the reader's attention.
13. Of the following methods, the best way to increase your reading is by A. setting a goal to read five new pages every night. B. forcing yourself to read subjects you dislike. C. reading a new book every day. D. joining a mail-order book club.
14. Which of the following words is the best close-up word? A. Vegetable B. Plant C. Zucchini D. Food
15. Which of the following sentences uses the best close-up words? A. Sara is studying French and German. B. Sara is pursuing a degree. C. Sara is pursuing a non-science degree. D. Sara is studying languages.
16. When we speak of the flavor of a word, we're talking about the extra understood meanings that it
carries in addition to its main meaning. These extra meanings are called A. denotations. B. definitions. C. connotations. D. shadings.
17. Which one of the following sentences or phrases is most likely to be considered a clichĂŠ? A. Are you a man or a moose? B. How dead is a dead doornail? C. When in doubt, pout. D. Look before you leap.
18. Which of the following words is most likely to carry a connotation? A. Stand B. Stride C. Run D. Walk
19. To put abstract ideas into close-up words, use _______ descriptions. A. concrete
B. faraway C. general D. impersonal
20. Freewriting is an exercise in which you A. write only grammatically correct sentences. B. write whatever your thoughts are in no particular order. C. revise and polish an essay. D. rewrite an article in a magazine or newspaper.