Penn Foster Exam Answers 986040 Writing Skills Part 1 Click Here to Instantly Download OR COPY & PASTE: http://instantanswerplace.com/penn-foster-exam-answers-986040-writing-skills-part-1/
Penn Foster Exam Answers TUTORIAL: Includes final exam guide with answers for final exam. Individual Assignment: Writing Skills Part 1 986040 Penn Foster Answers 986040RR 986040 Writing Skills Part 1
Instantly Download PF High School exam answers, PF Career school exam answers, exam guides and more! Get Better Grades Spending LESS Time! Are you stressed out trying to juggle school, work, friends, family, and a million catastrophes that just seem to pop up when you finally get a chance to study? Attending school online seems like a perfect solution to taking control of your life until it takes over your life. InstantAnswerPlace.com gives you the freedom to instantly download the help you need NOW! The research is already done for you and gives you a jump start on your studies. Look, we all get frustrated when we know we are running into the eleventh hour of a deadline. Sometimes all it takes is a quick exam guide to relieve the negative self-talk, frustration, and panic caused by the little emergencies of everyday school life. Take full control of your high school and career goals with InstantAnswerPlace.com!
SAMPLE PRACTICE EXAM QUESTIONS IN STUDY GUIDE 1. Which of the following sentences has a dangling modifier? A. By the light of the moon, I tripped over a rock. B. The dog that is man's best friend is cat's worst enemy. C. When the storm began to abate, we went home. D. On the way to the bank, the interest rates went down.
2. Which one of the following sentences contains two ideas joined by a connecting word? A. Frank went fishing on Saturday he caught many fish. B. Tina arrived at work earlier than usual. C. Mike ran after the bus. D. Sally lives with her parents, although she could afford her own apartment.
3. Choose the connective that belongs in the blank. She left the party early. Next she went to a movie. _______ she went home. A. Meanwhile B. Next C. First D. Finally
4. In which of the following sentences do you find a verb phrase? A. The crowed roared as the bull charged. B. I believed every word he said. C. I shall be all that I am and more. D. June was a collector of memorabilia.
5. Which sentence contains both an adverb and a conjunction? A. Lawson crept silently up the stairs, but couldn't still his heartbeat. B. Lucille was a kind person, but she hated people who spread rumors. C. Do you want the shrimp or the crab? D. Don't imagine you can't do as you wish.
6. Which of the following is a way you could begin an essay that's about the medical uses of iodine? A. Although iodine is useful for medical treatments, so are other elements like oxygen, radium, and barium. B. The Winter Olympics of 1980 took place in the beautiful area of Lake Placid, New York. Lake Placid is nestled in the Adirondack mountains. C. Last summer, a splinter in my brother's leg became infected, which led to blood poisoning. He could have prevented the problem with a few drops of iodine.
D. Silver iodide is used in photography. Photography is a widespread form of art, and it has become more popular than painting.
7. How are the ideas in the following two sentences tied together? The best time I had all summer was the night of Sherry's party. The worst was the next day. A. A connective B. No connection C. Sentences closely connected in meaning D. Word pointers
8. Which of the following sentences has a relative clause? A. The audience applauded the ambassador, who spoke for one-half hour. B. Many young people are searching for jobs. C. Tony ate the pizza and then went to the movies. D. The bus stopped at the corner, but she forgot to get off.
9. Which of the following is the best opening sentence for a business letter that you want to sound fairly informal? A. Your order of February 10 arrived in our office today. B. I am in receipt of your order of February 10.
C. Please be advised that I've just received your order. D. This letter is to make you cognizant of our receipt of your order.
10. Which one of the following sentences contains an unnecessary word? A. Why don't you leave before the crowd arrives? B. The snake raised up its head and struck. C. Rich was angry, but he concealed his feelings. D. She left early, though he told her not to.
11. Which sentence contains a prepositional phrase? A. With the proper help, they'll complete the project early. B. They tried, although they didn't expect to win. C. They sang it, and sang it again. D. Running all the way, he got there early.
12. Which of the following topics would lend itself only to a formal style of writing? A. Psychological Effects of Nuclear Weapons B. Why Living in the Country Is Better Than Living in the City C. How I Lost 10 Pounds D. Folk Songs I Have Sung
13. Choose the connective that belongs in the blank in the following sentence. I like to play baseball. _______, I can't throw a ball very well. A. Besides B. In fact C. However D. For instance
14. Which one of these statements would be considered inappropriate in formal writing? A. Next, he prepares to conduct his experiments. B. He hates to be late. C. Dr. Thomson arrives promptly each morning. D. He reviews the reports of his assistants.
15. Choose the connective that belongs in the blank in the following sentence. Everyone appeared to be having a good time. _______, my impressions may have been wrong. A. Furthermore B. Of course C. In fact D. In other words
16. Which of the following sentences has a compound predicate? A. While he swam, she collected shells. B. She raced along the path to beat him to the beach. C. She washed the shells and dried them in the sun. D. She placed the shells in a plastic bag while he dried himself off.
17. Which of the following statements about connecting paragraphs is correct? A. You can use a pointing word that that refers to a word in the previous paragraph. B. You can't state an idea in paragraph 2 that's related to an idea in paragraph 1. C. Two paragraphs may be joined by an action verb. D. A good connection between two paragraphs is an implied transition.
18. What is the name of the common error in the following sentence? Having risen because of the rains, the hikers were unable to cross the river. A. Dangling modifier B. Prepositional phrase C. Run-on sentence D. Infinitive phrase
19. Which of the following is correct in regard to the use of formal English? A. In formal English, we use words to say precisely what we mean. B. Contractions are considered acceptable in any document. C. In formal business correspondence, it's best keep the language impersonal. D. Formal English is used more frequently in speaking than in writing.
20. Sentence (i) has been shortened in sentence (ii) by using a(n) _______. (i) She likes a location that is in the sun. (ii) She likes a sunny location. A. prefix B. connective C. phrase D. adjective
Published on Dec 11, 2013
http://instantanswerplace.com/penn-foster-exam-answers-986040-writing-skills-part-1/ Penn Foster Exam Answers TUTORIAL: Includes final exam...