we deliver results
As a property owner you play an important part in the sale of your home or apartment by ensuring the property is well presented. To assist you to achieve the best possible price for your property, we have listed some compelling reasons why Biggin & Scott should be appointed as your selling and marketing agency.
selecting an agent When deciding on the most suitable agent to sell your property it is important that you take into consideration the following;-
• A selling agent must display enthusiasm and confidence and be experienced in follow-up and negotiation skills.
• When researching agents in your area, it is wise to attend open for inspections and auctions to assess punctuality, personal grooming, professionalism, knowledge, friendliness and confidence of each agent.
• One of the most important factors when choosing your agent is to feel comfortable with them and be able to freely communicate. Always ensure that the particular sales agent who you appoint is going to be responsible for the day to day handling of the sale, open for inspections and feedback to you.
• An agent’s marketing and advertising is a vital part of the sale process. Advertising should be innovative, eye catching and be able to attract the target market for the property. Some agents may suggest a very expensive schedule to promote their agency and NOT your property. • People selling their property have a tendency to choose the agent who has quoted the highest estimate for the property. It is important that your agent is honest and trustworthy from the outset and is able to justify the price given with recent comparable sales.
In conclusion, when choosing an agent to handle the sale of your property it is important to consider both what the company can offer and to also evaluate the agent’s integrity, enthusiasm and professionalism.
why biggin & scott • Biggin & Scott is a 22 office network – each office having established a strong brand recognition and strategically located to maximise customer service
• Biggin & Scott iPhone App – potential purchasers can download our new application for free and search for properties with the touch of a finger
• Prominent and exclusive advertising in The Age Sunday and Monday Auction Results reaches an extra 500,000 readers than our competitors
• Client contact is vital when selling a home. At Biggin & Scott we conduct vendor meetings to discuss the property and all potential buyers and we contact vendors after every open for inspection and appointment
• Our upsizing (Age Saturday Domain) package can’t be matched by any competitors. • Biggin & Scott carry out Sunday open for inspections enabling an easier opportunity for buyers to make that all important second inspection. We are the only agents in Prahran who do so. • We have a very strong database of buyers through our Priority One internet site where buyers log on to receive the latest property listing, sales, pending offers and V.I.P. inspections • The property will be opened and auctioned by myself. This is a significant bonus for sellers, as I personally know all of the buyers • Priority listing on web sites ensures Biggin & Scott properties are viewed first, maximising your property’s exposure and generating greater enquiry eg.
— ‘Feature Property’ - advertised above all standard listings in the search results attracts approximately 4 times more views.
— ` eBrochure’ - electronically emailed brochure to targeted buyers whose search criteria match your property listing
— `Top spot’ – positioned at the top of the suburb search results page for greater exposure
• Individual Property Domain Name – each property is given it’s own domain name • Multimedia Messaging Service (mobile marketing) – auction alert to mobiles of potential buyers incorporating images and property details
• Biggin & Scott has its own property magazine `Abode’, which is distributed at open houses, auctions, cafes and bars and is available at all Biggin & Scott offices. It has a readership of 17,500 per week • Our staff are encouraged financially to refer buyers from suburb to suburb and are not restricted by imaginary barriers called franchised farm areas
SOLD BIGGIN & SCOTT Ph: 9520 9000 - 305 HIGH ST PRAHRAN Director & Auctioneer: Guy St Leger Sales Agent: Phil Moore
your selling agent
Senior Sales Consultant Mobile Contact Email
0410 493 441 9520 9020 firstname.lastname@example.org
Phil has in place two very long standing career goals - to work at the highest level in his chosen profession and to be part of a top performing company. He has been actively involved in residential real estate for many years commencing at our St Kilda office before moving over to the Prahran office. Accustomed to achieving outstanding results for vendors through delivery of a high level of service that exceeds even the most demanding expectations, Philâ€™s approach is built on enthusiasm, accountability, determination and integrity; values he applies to every stage of a property transaction he handles. Phil is an effective communicator and negotiator; he has a friendly approach and understands the necessity for good customer service, giving full attention to both vendors and buyers enablng a smooth and stress-free process. Residing and working in Stonnington has provided Phil with an extensive knowledge and understanding of the local market. Having bought and sold homes himself, he understands the needs of both the buyer and seller. If you are considering selling and you want to be sure you are deaing with an agent of the highest quality to ensure the highest possible price, introduce yourself to Phil for a very personal and professional approach.
testimonials “From the moment I invited Phil into my home I knew that Biggin & Scott was the right choice. Professional, informed, passionate and most importantly, trustworthy. I will definitely refer people to Biggin & Scott.” B Lamaro – 5/1a Irving Avenue, Prahran “We would like to take this opportunity to express our thanks and gratitude for the professional and honest manner in which you handled the recent sale of our apartment in Prahran, and for your dedicated effort in achieving the best possible outcome. Also, special thanks to Philip Moore who provided us a valuable feedback of each inspection, and was involved in every aspect throughout the campaign until the property was sold. We appreciated the honesty and informed communication during the sale, keeping us updated constantly. We found your customer service skills incomparable to our other agent experiences, and unconditionally recommend your services to anyone thinking of selling their property and are happy to speak to any potential clients, who would like a reference. Thank you for your honesty and professionalism.” Vladimir & Olga Platonov – 12/2 King Street, Prahran “Phil in particular was very helpful in the purchasing process and arranging follow up inspections. We found Biggin & Scott professional and very helpful in the purchase of our property. Highly recommend using them to our friends and family” Guiseppe & Diana Montalto – 1/65 Alexandra Ave, South Yarra “I was impressed from day 1 with Phil’s approach in all aspects…..Biggin & Scott’s approach to selling my property, understanding my needs and requirements, working through issues together, far outweighed its competitors which is why I chose deal with them over the others.” Samantha Todero – Alma Road, St Kilda East “Thanks so much for your encouragement and hard work in selling our flat. You made the process stressfree! Never in our wildest dreams did we expect to get what we did- it makes a huge difference to us! Kim, Tim & Emma Storey – Moroney Street, St Kilda “Thank you so much for the incredible job you did in selling my Elwood flat. Never in my wildest dreams would I have thought that you would have obtained the price you did…….I was delighted with the high level of professionalism and comprehensive campaign….your expertise and confidence certainly made me feel at ease. I would be delighted to recommend you to anyone interested in selling their property.” Jonica Newby – Byron Street, Elwood “I would like to thank Philip Moore for his outstanding work performance through my sales campaign. Phil displayed extreme professionalism and completed every task he informed us he would…….Philip has a very honest approach, which is hard to find in the real estate field. At no time did I feel Philip was misleading us in any way. He took his time to give us reassurance on any issue during this stressful time. I would like to thank you Philip for all your help and assistance. I would not hesitate to recommend your services to anybody. In fact, we are constantly telling people of the satisfaction in dealing with Philip Moore of Biggin & Scott, and have since purchased from Philip, due to his honesty”. Nathan Kaeser - Chapel Street, St Kilda “I am a very happy vendor. I have had many dealings in Real Estate, but have never before been so astonished by a result achieved in such a brief time and with such charm” Mrs J. Smith - 4/16 Lexton Grove, Prahran East “I found Philip Moore and Tom McCarthy an absolute pleasure to deal with. Phil excelled well beyond my expectations from the very start” Laszlo Keresztesi – 3/621 Toorak Road, Toorak
Create an Impression Marketing a property is a highly competitive business. Your property is compared with similar properties in your suburb and surrounding suburbs. Prospective clients are looking for a home in which to live. To maximise the price it is important to present your property at its best. Small details such as fresh flowers, freshly brewed coffee and soft music create an atmosphere of warmth and homeliness. You are offering a lifestyle and competing with other properties, so create a lasting impression.
2. Brighten up
Ensure your property is warm and cosy with an open fire alight if possible.
• Install 100 watt light bulbs
Summer Presentation Ensure the property is cool and inviting. Consider providing cold drinks if it is a very hot day.
• Place lamps in corners if required • Open all curtains and blinds • Shine up stainless steel surfaces and appliances • Polish floors/tiles
3. Remove clutter
Wet Days Ensure there are old towels upon entry and at the rear door.
We Can Help We have qualified trades people, handymen, home stylists and furniture hire specialists available to provide advice and recommendations on the best way to present your property.
Golden Rules 1. First impressions Ensure the front of your property creates a good first impression.
Maximise space by removing all unnecessary clutter. This is a key to maximising the sale price.
Helpful Hints • Tidy and weed garden beds • Place pot plants at the entrance of the house • Clean/repair windows, walls, screens and doors • Repair cracked or peeling exteriors • Steam-clean carpets in common areas • Air all rooms • Take pets to a friend’s place • Place clean towels in bathrooms
It should feature:
• Make beds
• A trimmed and colourful garden
• Wash and store dishes
• Tidy neighbours’ gardens (do it for them!)
• Remove rubbish
• Spacious and cheerful entrance hall
• Tidy garage
• Clear gutters
• Clean barbecue
• No rubbish bins
• Check fence is straight
• A green outlook/view from windows
Completing all these tasks might not be possible. Our team and/ or representatives can recommend or help prioritise the most essential tasks.
• Freshly washed or painted outside walls • Clean street and trimmed nature strips
Apartments & Units: • Clean hallway and stairwells leading to your apartment • Clean common areas around the building • Remove junk mail in common areas prior to each open for inspection.
WE DELIVER THE BEST ADVICE
Biggin & Scott Pty Ltd Tel 03 9520 9000 Email email@example.com bigginscott.com.au/prahran