we deliver results
As a property owner you play an important part in the sale of your home or apartment by ensuring the property is well presented. To assist you to achieve the best possible price for your property, we have listed some compelling reasons why Biggin & Scott should be appointed as your selling and marketing agency.
selecting an agent When deciding on the most suitable agent to sell your property it is important that you take into consideration the following;-
• A selling agent must display enthusiasm and confidence and be experienced in follow-up and negotiation skills.
• When researching agents in your area, it is wise to attend open for inspections and auctions to assess punctuality, personal grooming, professionalism, knowledge, friendliness and confidence of each agent.
• One of the most important factors when choosing your agent is to feel comfortable with them and be able to freely communicate. Always ensure that the particular sales agent who you appoint is going to be responsible for the day to day handling of the sale, open for inspections and feedback to you.
• An agent’s marketing and advertising is a vital part of the sale process. Advertising should be innovative, eye catching and be able to attract the target market for the property. Some agents may suggest a very expensive schedule to promote their agency and NOT your property. • People selling their property have a tendency to choose the agent who has quoted the highest estimate for the property. It is important that your agent is honest and trustworthy from the outset and is able to justify the price given with recent comparable sales.
In conclusion, when choosing an agent to handle the sale of your property it is important to consider both what the company can offer and to also evaluate the agent’s integrity, enthusiasm and professionalism.
why biggin & scott • Biggin & Scott is a 22 office network – each office having established a strong brand recognition and strategically located to maximise customer service
• Biggin & Scott iPhone App – potential purchasers can download our new application for free and search for properties with the touch of a finger
• Prominent and exclusive advertising in The Age Sunday and Monday Auction Results reaches an extra 500,000 readers than our competitors
• Client contact is vital when selling a home. At Biggin & Scott we conduct vendor meetings to discuss the property and all potential buyers and we contact vendors after every open for inspection and appointment
• Our upsizing (Age Saturday Domain) package can’t be matched by any competitors. • Biggin & Scott carry out Sunday open for inspections enabling an easier opportunity for buyers to make that all important second inspection. We are the only agents in Prahran who do so. • We have a very strong database of buyers through our Priority One internet site where buyers log on to receive the latest property listing, sales, pending offers and V.I.P. inspections • The property will be opened and auctioned by myself. This is a significant bonus for sellers, as I personally know all of the buyers • Priority listing on web sites ensures Biggin & Scott properties are viewed first, maximising your property’s exposure and generating greater enquiry eg.
— ‘Feature Property’ - advertised above all standard listings in the search results attracts approximately 4 times more views.
— ` eBrochure’ - electronically emailed brochure to targeted buyers whose search criteria match your property listing
— `Top spot’ – positioned at the top of the suburb search results page for greater exposure
• Individual Property Domain Name – each property is given it’s own domain name • Multimedia Messaging Service (mobile marketing) – auction alert to mobiles of potential buyers incorporating images and property details
• Biggin & Scott has its own property magazine `Abode’, which is distributed at open houses, auctions, cafes and bars and is available at all Biggin & Scott offices. It has a readership of 17,500 per week • Our staff are encouraged financially to refer buyers from suburb to suburb and are not restricted by imaginary barriers called franchised farm areas
SOLD Call today Ph: 9520
BIGGIN & SCOTT - 305 HIGH ST PRAHRAN Directors & Auctioneers: Guy St Leger & Tom McCarthy
your selling agent
Senior Sales Consultant Mobile Contact Email
0428 379 908 9520 9020 email@example.com
Suzieâ€™s genuine personal passion for real estate and her role in it is evident from the first moment you meet her. A love of negotiation, an enjoyment in assisting people to achieve their property objectives and a deep seated commitment to honesty and ethical practice are the hallmarks of Suzieâ€™s approach. After 10 years with her previous employer where she was regularly in the Top 10 performers nationally, Suzieâ€™s ambition and desire for continuous career development lay behind her move to Biggin & Scott. She thrives on the winning team environment and believes it boasts many advantages for her vendors. An expert in private sale negotiation, Suzie is adding to her prowess in the auction system as she maintains significant levels of repeat and referral business across Stonnington, Boroondara and the CBD. Suzie is motivated by the challenge of achieving great results in a competitive market where her strong views on professionalism, honesty and the provision of exceptional client service are the keys to her enduring success. Always focused on delivering the best possible results for everyone she deals with.
testimonials “Guy was a great listener who paid attention to my ideas and opinions related to our property sale. He was able to give practical and invaluable market advice and put us in contact with all the right people including a property stylist, so our home looked fabulous... Regular and informative communication was invaluable to us. Guy was always available to discuss issues or address concerns before during and after the sale! We got an extraordinary price at auction and would highly recommend Biggin & Scott” Adrienne Cant – 6 Packington Place, Prahran “Who could have asked for a better result last Saturday! Chris and I would like to thank you for running such an amazing campaign. We know you worked so hard to co-ordinate all interested parties and we always felt very confident that we were in good hands. You should be very proud of the `auction’ that you undertook and steered in the right direction. We are so grateful to you and we wish you every success in the future.” Chris & Jodie-Anne Doyle – 6 Errol Street, Prahran “Guy St Leger offered advice, support and professionalism throughout the sale of our apartment. His knowledge of the area and market was true, honest and very helpful as this assisted us with our decision making process. Thanks Guy. He is an asset to Biggin & Scott and we look forward to working with Biggin & Scott and Guy again. Thank you! Shaun Latimer & Sonya Robson – 7/26 Denbigh Road, Armadale “Guy was consistently enthusiastic about the property and communicated with me often….. I was pleasantly surprised at the high level of professionalism, communication and sense that everything was very under control ….. I found Guy St Leger’s manner and enthusiasm extremely comforting and I wouldn’t hesitate to use him again. We achieved a great result at the auction which made the whole experience even better! Thanks Guy.” Rebecca Turnbull – 5/11 Donald Street, Prahran “All of our needs were respected and we were regularly updated throughout the campaign. Guy and Tom were a pleasure to deal with and managed to exceed all expectations at auction. I might be blinded by the result, but I can’t imagine the process going any smoother. Ben Cowens & Candy Yeung – 48 Earl Street, Windsor “Assistance went beyond expectations such as in preparation of property/repairs etc, furniture hire and watering the garden etc. In an uncertain and changing market the Biggin & Scott team gave 110% in presenting the property and generating buyer interest – I would recommend Biggin & Scott to any prospective vendor in the area.” David Cooke – 41a Perth Street, Prahran “As always, Guy St Leger was fantastic. He sold the property quickly, with a minimum of fuss. I have already recommended him to friends.” Joanna Rankine – 43 Myrtle Street, South Yarra Dealing with Guy was an extremely positive, stress-free experience. I felt confident in my decisions at all times. Biggin & Scott not only took the stress out of purchasing my house during the process, but I have the confidence that after the sale too, I will be looked after if I need to use their services again. Great service, always available and accommodating – highly recommended! Tamara Gesmundo – 18a Percy Street, Prahran “We are still getting over the elation of a very successful Auction of our property 2/6 Denbigh Road, Armadale. We write to express our appreciation and gratitude for your excellent effort and attention towards our property and us. Thus, we know that a significant part of the good result would not have been achieved has it been not for your tireless efforts and dedication.” Lynette Wong & Graeme Hall – 2/6 Denbigh Road, Armadale
Create an Impression Marketing a property is a highly competitive business. Your property is compared with similar properties in your suburb and surrounding suburbs. Prospective clients are looking for a home in which to live. To maximise the price it is important to present your property at its best. Small details such as fresh flowers, freshly brewed coffee and soft music create an atmosphere of warmth and homeliness. You are offering a lifestyle and competing with other properties, so create a lasting impression.
2. Brighten up
Ensure your property is warm and cosy with an open fire alight if possible.
• Install 100 watt light bulbs
Summer Presentation Ensure the property is cool and inviting. Consider providing cold drinks if it is a very hot day.
• Place lamps in corners if required • Open all curtains and blinds • Shine up stainless steel surfaces and appliances • Polish floors/tiles
3. Remove clutter
Wet Days Ensure there are old towels upon entry and at the rear door.
We Can Help We have qualified trades people, handymen, home stylists and furniture hire specialists available to provide advice and recommendations on the best way to present your property.
Golden Rules 1. First impressions Ensure the front of your property creates a good first impression.
Maximise space by removing all unnecessary clutter. This is a key to maximising the sale price.
Helpful Hints • Tidy and weed garden beds • Place pot plants at the entrance of the house • Clean/repair windows, walls, screens and doors • Repair cracked or peeling exteriors • Steam-clean carpets in common areas • Air all rooms • Take pets to a friend’s place • Place clean towels in bathrooms
It should feature:
• Make beds
• A trimmed and colourful garden
• Wash and store dishes
• Tidy neighbours’ gardens (do it for them!)
• Remove rubbish
• Spacious and cheerful entrance hall
• Tidy garage
• Clear gutters
• Clean barbecue
• No rubbish bins
• Check fence is straight
• A green outlook/view from windows
Completing all these tasks might not be possible. Our team and/ or representatives can recommend or help prioritise the most essential tasks.
• Freshly washed or painted outside walls • Clean street and trimmed nature strips
Apartments & Units: • Clean hallway and stairwells leading to your apartment • Clean common areas around the building • Remove junk mail in common areas prior to each open for inspection.
WE DELIVER THE BEST ADVICE
Biggin & Scott Pty Ltd Tel 03 9520 9000 Email firstname.lastname@example.org bigginscott.com.au/prahran