Page 1

Accommodation Pre-Sessional Language Course (June Cohort) Please read this information carefully about applying for accommodation for your degree course. If you do not understand, please seek help and advice with translation from the International Office.

Accommodation Choices 1. University Owned Student Houses There is a number of University owned student house places available. This is for individual and group applicants. Places will be allocated on a first come first served basis. Contract: Friday 4th July 2014 12.00 noon to Saturday 11th July 2015 9.00am £150 deposit is required.

2. University Managed Houses (Head Leasing) These houses are managed by the University and can be applied for as a group of friends. Contract: 29th August 2014 – 24th July 2015 (46 weeks) £150 deposit is required.

3. University Directed Accommodation – Private Sector Housing There are lots of houses in the local area where you can live as a group of friends with a private landlord, if you choose to find your own accommodation. Assistance can be found by contacting HUU homes on 01482 466446 or visit ground floor University House email Contract lengths, Facilities and prices vary. UK Contract Law: Once you have signed a residence contract with either the University or a private Landlord you are committing yourself to a legally binding contract which will have financial implications. DO NOT SIGN A CONTRACT if you are not happy with the property you have been shown or you are not sure about the group of people you will be sharing the property with. If you sign a residence contract for two properties you will be required to pay two sets of residence fees. By accepting a key and moving into a property your actions demonstrate you are prepared to live in the property. You will be held liable for the residence fees.

How to Apply for: Accommodation choices 1 and 2 (University Owned and Managed properties) Think carefully about what kind of house you would like to live in. You can apply for University owned and University Managed (Head leased accommodation via the link below from: 10.00am Monday 23rd June until 10.00am Monday 30thth June:

How to pay your deposit: You must pay a deposit to apply for University Owned or Managed Houses. This can be done online: If you have already paid a deposit you will not need to make a further payment. If you do not have a computer, there are a number of places where you will be able to access the internet; in the Library, in the International Office, or in the Lawns Centre. You must apply for accommodation with the University using the link provided above. Any previous applications will not be considered. Paying a deposit will not necessarily secure you a room. A deposit to the University is not needed for the private sector, but you may need to pay a deposit to a private landlord. What happens after I have applied for University owned or managed accommodation? You will be contacted by the Accommodation Office via email, so please make sure you give us your correct personal email address. Do not use your agent’s email address. Please do not visit the Office once you have applied as this will delay the progress of your application. You can contact us via email at Thank you,

The Accommodation Office June 2014

Language school junec2014 (2)  

Information for Pre Sessional Language School students on accommodation

Read more
Read more
Similar to
Popular now
Just for you