Elm Creek BUFFALO STAMPEDE Aug. 24th, 25th, & 26th, 2012
In Elm Creek Nebraska
Friday, August 24th • 9pm –1am: Karaoke at Stucks Last Call
Saturday, August 25th • 8am: Car Show Registration
• 11am–1pm: United Methodist Food Stand
Contact Rick at 440-3826 or Steve at 233-4839 or Larry at 233-4328. Show is from 10:30am to 3pm. Have the kids bring their Hot Wheels for the Hot Wheels Races!
• 10am: Parade Sponsored by Elm Creek Fire Department Must register by 9:30am to qualify for parade prizes.* Register by the Elm Creek School. THEME: Elm Creek Through the Years
At the Community Building Downtown.
• 11am–2pm: Lunch Buffet at Stucks Last Call • 12:30pm: Mud Drags Located 1½ miles north of Elm Creek. Watch for signs posted on Hwy 183. Sponsored by Elm Creek Fire Department
• Coed Softball Tournament at the Park
*Parade Prizes announced at Sunday BBQ in the Park (5pm)
Contact Wyatt Stubbs at 440-1708 to sign up.
• 1pm–4pm: Altar Society Ice Cream Social
• 10am–2pm: View Time Capsule Contents At the Elm Creek Public Library • Event changed due to time capsule damage
• Immediately Following Parade: Kids’ Games at the Park Sponsored by FirstTier Bank.
• Immediately Following Parade: Outhouse Races Downtown in front of the Community Building. Sponsored by Doug Hild.
at the Catholic Education Center
• 5pm: BBQ Rib & Brisket Cookoff Contest at Stucks Last Call. Contact Jim at 440-5333 to enter. Starting at 5pm, enjoy all-you-can-eat ribs & brisket, & vote for your favorite.
• 9pm–1am: Street Dance with Live Music by SWEETWATER Sponsored by Stucks Last Call.
• Immediately Following Parade: Dodge Ball At the School Gym • Sponsored by Elm Creek Band Ambassadors.
Sunday, August 26th • 12:30pm: Registration for Horse Shoe Tournament Tournament Starts at 1pm at the Park Sponsored by the Elm Creek Fire Department.
• 1:30pm: Pie Contest at the Park* – Judging at 2pm
• 5pm–7pm: Free Will BBQ at the Park Sponsored by Elm Creek Lions.
• Pies Auctioned & Parade Contest Winners Announced • “Chuck the Chicken” Contest during BBQ Sponsored by Elm Creek Band Ambassadors
Sponsored by Elm Creek Lions Club.
*Pies from Contest auctioned during BBQ in the Park (5pm)
• 3:00pm–gone: Dutch Oven Cobbler served by Cub Scouts Pack 155 at the Park–Free Will Donation
• 9pm: Fireworks at the Park Sponsored by the Village of Elm Creek.
Please log on to www.elmcreekne.com for up-to-date changes or additional events added to the schedule.
5-Year Sponsor of the Buffalo Stampede Show & Shine
JAN HINRICHSEN Agent Cell: 308-233-4892 • Office: 308-856-0095
ELM CREEK INSURANCE AGENCY
WE WILL GETCHA’ NOTICED!! Residential/Commercial Heating, Air Conditioning & Refrigeration
Home, Auto, Farm & Business Insurance email@example.com Fax–308-856-0040 310 W Front Street • PO Box 625 Elm Creek, NE 68836
403 Central Avenue Kearney
Mark Canning Cell: (308) 224-6411 235 N. Bond Street Elm Creek, NE 68836
M&J Signs Elm Creek, NE 308-293-0101 YOU Mike Brown PO Box 224 Elm Creek, NE 68836
ALL TYPES OF SIGNS DREAM IT...WE BUILD IT! Mike Brown www.mandjsigns.com firstname.lastname@example.org
Serving The Area Since 1969
Plumbing And Well Service
y da tur 25 a S 8/ 5pm: BBQ Ribs & Brisket 9pm–1am: Street Dance with Sweetwater 120 North Tyler • Elm Creek • 308-856-4475
DEAN SHUBERT • SCOTT SHUBERT SALES & SERVICE 130 W. Hwy. 30 • ELM CREEK, NE 68836 (308) 856-4633
FARM • HOME • AUTO • LIFE • HEALTH • COMMERCIAL “Small town values, big business expertise” 308.856.4913 | 800.533.8287 121 N Tyler, PO Box 250, Elm Creek, NE 68836
AUTO SALES Hwy 30 • Elm Creek • Cell 308-627-1600 Appointments Welcome!
•Residential •Commerical •Rural •Small Roll-Offs
Monday-Saturday 7 am - 8 pm Sunday 9 am - 7 pm
Physical, Occupational & Speech Therapy
210 West Potter Avenue • (308) 856-4222
Auto Home Life
Most economically priced user-friendly system!
in our truck outside the salon
118 Front Street Elm Creek 308-236-5884
Galvanized ADS Bulk Seed Buggy
AG DRYER SERVICES INC. Elm Creek, NE 308-856-4636 800-657-2184 www.agdryer.com
•Mowing •Retaining Walls •Paver Patios •Outdoor Kitchens •Decorative Concrete Curbing •Commercial and Residential 5-Step Fertilization
Call today to see how I make insurance simple and can help you protect what matters most. DEREK BARNES 144 Front St Elm Creek, NE 68836 308-856-1020 cell: 308-627-1757 email@example.com Farm Bureau Property & Casualty Insurance Company*, Western Agricultural Insurance Company*, Farm Bureau Life Insurance Company*/West Des Moines, IA. *Company providers of Farm Bureau Financial Services © 2011 FBL Financial Group, Inc. PC026-NEnrr-BC (1-11)
305 3rd St • Overton NE 68863 • 308-987-2151
www.graczyklawn.com • S E R V I N G T H E T R I - C I T I E S • 308-440-7455
Elevator: 515 W Front St • 308-856-4666 Station: 510 W. Front St • 308-856-4191 Elm Creek, NE 68836 www.chsagri.com
L & S TIRE & TOWING (308) 856-4106 • (308) 234-2869 (308) 991-2854
“Serving all of Buffalo County”
Gibbon, NE Phone 308-468-5333
Hot Dogs, Philly Steak Sandwiches & Snow Cones
Chad Messersmith Agent
Elm Creek, NE Phone 308-856-4322
222 Tyler Street Elm Creek, NE 68836 www.firstierbanks.com Ph: 308.856.4661 Fax: 308.856.4759
ELM CREEK • ODESSA HOLDREGE
(308) 856-4643 4270 Turkey Creek Road Elm Creek, NE 68836