Liberty University PHIL 201 quiz 3 complete solutions
IF You Want To Purchase A+ Work Then Click The BUYNOW BUTTON , Instant Download
Buynow $25 1. A good metaphysical theory should be characterized by explanatory power.
2. In Philosophy, some ideas, concepts or beliefs should be accepted on the grounds of authority, and should never be questioned.
3. In searching for the “ultimate real,” Hasker is looking for: Which of the following is not a requirement for a good metaphysical theory?
4. One rule of thumb in doing metaphysics is the recognition that there are some beliefs that should never be challenged or questioned.
5. One major argument for libertarianism is: Concerning Max (who stole the hubcaps), Hasker claims that Max is morally responsible for stealing the hubcaps, but did not have freedom of choice in stealing the hubcaps.
6. The theory that says some actions are chosen and performed by the agent without their being any sufficient cause or condition prior to the action itself.
7. According to Hasker, divine foreknowledge means:
8. Determinism claims that ultimately our choices don’t make any difference.
9. Both dualism and emergentism support the idea that the essential “core person” continues to exist after death. 10. Which of the following statements is not taught by Dualism? On the question of life after death, John Hick proposes a theory that involves total annihilation of the entire person, including the soul, at death.
11. Which of the following statements is true about Behaviorism? 12. According to Hasker, emergentism implies that at least some nonhuman animals have souls.
13. The proposed solution to the mind/body problem that claims that for every physical state there exists a corresponding mental state, but there is no causal relationship between them.
14. Which view that attempts to solve the mind/body problem by reducing the mind and body to one thing:
15. Which of the following is not a characteristic of substances:
16.Which of these is a characteristic of substances?
17.Which of the following is a correct statement about “essences?”