Galway Free Standing Electric Stove
Ownerâ€™s Manual IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION Always read this manual first before attempting to install or use this fireplace. For your safety, always comply with all warnings and safety instructions contained in this manual to prevent personal injury or property damage.
Table of Contents Quick Reference Guide....................................................3
Installation and Operation….........................................7
Maintenance and Cleaning............................................12
Welcome Thank you for purchasing a Lofty product. Please carefully read all instructions thoroughly and retain this manual for future reference. Failure to follow these instructions could cause an appliance malfunction resulting in serious injury, property damage and will void the warranty.
Quick Reference Guide 1. Prior to installation, please ensure your socket-outlet is enough for your fireplace against both voltage and capacity. 2. The heater on your fireplace may emit a slight, harmless odor when first used. This odor is a normal condition caused by the initial heating of internal heater parts and will not occur again. 3. If your heater does not emit heat, please ensure the Heater Switch is on. For further information, please consult section Operation of the Practical Ownerâ€™s Manual. 4. If you have any technical questions or concerns regarding the operation of your electric stove, please contact customer service.
Call Toll-Free 1-877-624-8882
WARNING: You should read and always follow the important instructions below to reduce the risk of fire, electric shock, and injury to persons.
1. Read all instructions before using the electric fireplace. 2. This fireplace is hot when in use. To avoid burns, do not let bare skin touch hot surfaces, such as surfaces near the heater outlet or light bulbs. The air-outlet grilles become hot during heater operation. 3. Keep combustible materials, such as clothes, pillows, furniture, bedding, papers and curtains at least 3 feet from the air-outlet grilles. 4. Do not cover or block air-outlet grilles or any ventilation or exhaust opening at any time. 5. Extreme caution is necessary when any heater is used by or near children or invalids and whenever the heater is left operating and unattended. 6. Do not install the fireplace directly on carpet or a similar surface, which may restrict air circulation beneath the unit. 7. Always unplug fireplace when not in use. 8. To disconnect fireplace, turn controls to off, then remove plug from outlet. 9. Do not use outdoors. Indoor and household use only. 10. This fireplace is not intended for use in wet locations, such as bathrooms, laundry areas and similar indoor locations. Never locate fireplace where it may fall into a bathtub or other water container.
11. Do not operate the fireplace with a damaged cord or plug, or if the fireplace has malfunctioned, or if the fireplace has been dropped or damaged in any manner, contact Lofty Customer Service at 1-877624-8882. 12. If the supply cord is damaged, it must be replaced by the manufacturer, its services agent or similarly qualified persons in order to avoid a hazard. 13. Do not run cord under carpeting. Do not cover cord with throw rugs, runners, or the like. Arrange cord away from traffic area and where it will not be tripped over. 14. Do not insert or allow foreign objects to enter any ventilation or exhaust opening as this may cause an electric shock or fire, or damage to the fireplace. 15. To prevent a possible fire, do not block air intakes or exhaust in any manner. Do not use on soft surfaces, like a bed, where openings may become blocked. 16. All electrical heaters have hot and arcing or sparking parts inside. Do not use it in areas where gasoline, paint, or flammable liquids are used or stored or where the unit will be exposed to flammable vapors. 17. Do not modify this fireplace. Use it only as described in this manual. Any other use not recommended by the manufacturer may cause fire, electric shock or injury to persons. 18. Avoid the use of an extension cord because the extension cord may overheat and cause a risk of fire. 19. Do not burn wood or other materials in this fireplace. 20. Do not strike fireplace glass. 21. Always use properly grounded, fused and polarized outlets. 22. Always use ground fault protection where required by electrical code. 23. Always disconnect power before performing any cleaning, maintenance or relocation of the fireplace. 24. When transporting or storing the fireplace and cord, keep in a dry place, free from excessive vibration and store so as to avoid damage. 25. The heater must not be located immediately below a socket-out.
26. This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety. 27. Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance. 28. The appliance is not intended for use by young children or infirmed persons without supervision.
WARNING: In order to avoid overheating, do not cover the heater.
WARNING: This heater is not equipped with a device to control the room temperature. Do not use this heater in small rooms when they are occupied by persons not capable of leaving the room on their own, unless constant supervision is provided. If the glass is damaged, fan heater cannot be used. Warn the user not install the heater near the curtains or the other combustible.
WARNING: In order to avoid a hazard due to inadvertent resetting of the thermal cutout, this fireplace must not be connected to an external switching device, such as a timer, or connected to a circuit that is regularly switched on and off by the utility. 6
Installation and Operation 1. Carefully remove the appliance from the box and ensure heater exhaust is free from debris and packaging remnants. 2. Remove all parts and hardware from the carton and replace them on a clean, soft, and dry surface. 3. Place unit on floor in desired location. 4. Make sure the unitâ€™s Power On/ Off switch is switched Off. 5. Plug the unit into a 15A, 120V outlet. If the cord does not reach, you may use a No. 14 AWG minimum size extension cord rated for a minimum of 1875 Watts.
WARNING: This stove is not to be used on elevated surfaces. The outlet must be 15A/120V. Do not attempt to wire your own outlets or circuits. To reduce the risk of fire, electric shock or injury to persons, always use a licensed electrician. Do not use this fireplace if any part of it has become wet. Immediately call a qualified service technician to inspect the fireplace and replace any part of the electrical system which has been wet.
WARNING: Always make sure the unit is unplugged before assembly. Always attach the feet before using. Do not plug in or operate this unit if the feet are not securely attached.
1. Carefully turn the STOVE (A) upside down and lay it on a clean soft surface. 2. Insert the LEGS (C) into the holes located on the base of the STOVE (A). Fasten the legs using the SCREWS (B) and tighten with a Phillips head screwdriver (not included). 3. Repeat Step 2 for the other three legs. 4. Check the alignment and tighten all 16 screws securely with the screwdriver (not included).
Control Panel Operation
1. The control panel for the electric stove is located on the right panel of the stove. 2. Power ON/OFF Switch: Press the <ON/OFF> button, the electric stove will be powered on, the flame simulate component is working. 3. Low Heat Switch: Press the Low Heat button, the heater provides 750W heat output. 4. High Heat Switch: Press the High Heat button, the heater provides 1500W heat output with the Low Heat Switch ON. 5. Please turn off the power of the electric stove when you will leave.
NOTE: The Power ON/OFF Switch must be set to ON for the Low Heat or High Heat Switch to operate. The Low Heat Switch must be in the ON position for the High Heat Switch to operate.
1. This fireplace is equipped with safety cut-off feature which will operate if the fireplace overheats (e.g. Due to blocked air vents). For safety reasons, the fireplace will NOT automatically restart. 2. To restart the fireplace, disconnect it from the power supply for at least 15 minutes. Reconnect to the power supply and switch on the fireplace.
WARNING: If you need to continuously reset the heater, unplug the unit and call customer support at 1-877-624-8882.
Technical Specification Voltage: 110-120V ~ 60Hz Rated Power: 750-1500W
Maintenance and Cleaning 1. Turn electric stove OFF and unplug from power outlet. 2. Allow the electric stove to cool before performing any cleaning, maintenance or relocation of this electric appliance to reduce the risk of fire, electric shock or damage to persons.
Light Bulb Replacement 1. Allow at least 15 minutes for the light bulb and heater to cool off before touching the bulb to avoid accidental burning of skin. 2. The light bulb will need to be replaced when the flame effect is no longer visible.
Glass and Surface Cleaning 1. To remove fingerprints or other marks, the front glass panel can be cleaned with a damp cloth. The front glass panel should be completely dried with a lint free cloth to prevent water spots. 2. Use warm water only to clean painted surfaces of the stove. 3. Do not use abrasive cleaners, liquid sprays or any other cleaner that may scratch the surface. 4. If you have any technical questions or concerns regarding the operation of your electric stove, please contact customer service.
Call Toll-Free 1-877-624-8882
1 Year Limited Warranty 1. Lofty warrants that for a period of one year from the date of purchase, this product will be free from defects in material and workmanship. 2. Lofty, at its option, will repair or replace this product or any component of the product found to be defective during the warranty period. Replacement will be made with a new or remanufactured product or component. If the product is no longer available, replacement may be made with a similar product of equal or greater value. 3. This warranty is valid for the original retail purchaser from the date of initial retail purchase and is not transferable. Keep the original sales receipt. Proof of purchase is required to obtain warranty performance. 4. This limited warranty is void if the product has been damaged by misuse, lack of maintenance, accident, alterations, abuse or neglect and parts installed or repairs by unauthorized personnel or other causes not arising out of defects in materials or workmanship. 5. The limited warranty does not cover the light bulbs. They are the sole responsibility of the owner/purchaser. 6. The limited warranty does not cover: Acts of God, such as fire, flood, hurricanes and tornadoes. 7. The limited warranty does not cover any scratches, dents, corrosion or discoloring caused by excessive heat, abrasive and chemical cleaners nor chipping on porcelain enamel parts. 8. The limited warranty will cover glass thermal breakage only and will not cover misuse of the fireplace glass, including but not limited to glass that is struck, has surface contaminates or has had harsh or abrasive cleaners used on it. 9. The limited warranty also applies to any implied warranties that may exist under applicable law. 10. Lofty will not be responsible for, and the limited warranty services shall not include, any expense incurred for installation or removal of the product or part (or any replacement product or part) or any labor or transportation costs. Such costs shall be the purchaserâ€™s responsibility. 13
Warranty Disclaimers Lofty reserves the right to have its representative inspect any product or part thereof prior to honoring any warranty claim.
Lofty Customer Care If you have a question about your Lofty product, call the Lofty Helpline with your serial number and details of where and when you bought the product.
Lofty Contact Details Website: www.loftyproducts.com Lofty Hotline: 1-877-624-8882 (Mon-Fri 9am to 6pm PST; Sat and Sun closed) Address: 123 N. Sunset Avenue City of Industry, CA 91744
WARRANTY FORM Date of Purchase:
Store of Purchase:
Questionnaire Please take a few moments to answer our questions. They will help us develop new products for the future. 1) This Electric Fireplace is… □ My first Electric Fireplace □ A replacement Electric Fireplace □ An additional Electric Fireplace 2) Where did you first hear about the Lofty model you bought? □ Saw it on the Internet □ From friends and family □ Saw it in a store □ Saw it in a store catalogue □ Recommended by salesperson □ Other 3) Which best describes your house? □ Own house □ Rented house □ Own apartment/villa □ Rented apartment/villa □ Live with parents □ Share accommodation 4) Where is your fireplace/stove located? □ Family room □ Living room/great room □ Bedroom □ Office □ Sun room □ Other 5) Are there other fireplaces/stoves at this residence? If yes, what type? □ No □ Gas □ Wood □ Electric □ Propane 7) Reason for purchase (Choose all that apply) □ Appearance □ Ambiance □ Realistic Flame □ Ease of installation □ Safety □ Portability □ Price □ Low cost operation □ Remodeling □ Heating □ Replace existing fireplace/stove □Other 8) To which age group do you belong? □ 16-24 □ 25-34 □ 35-44 □ 45-54 □ 55-64 □ 65+ 9) Gender: □ Male □ Female 10) Would you recommend a Lofty product to your family and friends? □ Yes □ No Suggestions/Comments:_________________________________________________
Published on Dec 17, 2013