Why is my computer so slow?
Find Reason and How You can Speed up Your Computer
1. Update your antivirus software and run a full scan Therefore, the best solution is to get an anti-virus and anti-spyware to have your computer protected all the time. Computer viruses effect to computer performance. • • • • •
Install original anti-virus Scan your computer regularly Delete viruses and make high security for internet surfing Update your anti-virus regularly Install spyware protection program
2. Uninstall useless programs or programs you rarely use You may have many programs install on your computer that you never use or don't need. Uninstalling these programs can free up hard disk space and speed up your computer. • • •
Keep only important use program Don’t install unnecessary programs Use original software's programs
3. Clean Up unnecessary and extra files, folders and images As you use your computer, files collect in all kinds of places. Clean up unnecessary files from: • • • • •
Clear out the Temporary files Delete files from Recycle Bin Clear out your browser cache and computer history Don't keep unused files, images and video Defragment your computer disk space
4. Update Operating System, your drivers and software Update your Operating System and software regularly to ensure that the operating system is updated with the latest security patches. • • • •
Update Operating System regularly Use original software for high speed and update regularly Having out-of-date drivers can cause an assortment of issues Get computer support in Brisbane for Window, Mac and Linux update.
5. Check your Computer RAM and Memory Your computer’s processor speed and amount of memory or RAM affects the speed you can open and run programs. Memory or RAM is storage space your computer uses to store and read data. The more memory your computer has, the faster it can open and run programs. • •
Increase your computer RAM for fast speed Increase your hard disk for more storage and speed
6. Reduce the number of startup items The best way to start your computer faster and improve the overall system performance is to reduce the number of programs that load when Operating System start. Reducing the number of startup programs can help you in loading the Operating System faster, saving RAM, and faster loading performance. • •
Change your startup programs setting For Window: Click Start and then Run, in the dialog box type msconfig and click OK. Solve registry issues, software update and computer error which normally show in the startup
7. Computer was running for a long time without a reboot This is the cause of slow computer speed. If your computer is running for many hours and not performing well, you should reboot it. Reboot/Restart process is usually required after activities that affect functionality: installing, uninstalling, implementing Windows updates, etc. Make changes to the PCâ€™s registry and after reboot Windows runs the PC with the new registry entries.
8. Bad, corrupted or fragmented hard drive and Hardware Failure There are several causes for the hard drive to get corrupted. • Improper shut down • Computer Virus • Improperly memory allocation • Low quality hard disk Your computer may experience a more serious hardware related issue such as a failing component in the computer. This could be a failing or bad hard drive, CPU, RAM, etc.
Run ScanDisk, chkdsk, or something equivalent to verify there is nothing physically wrong with the computer hard drive.
9. Internet makes computer speed slow Sometimes internet slow internet speed makes computer performance low. The main cause of it, computer takes more time to load data from websites and servers. There may be some registry errors and remnant, corrupt files and internet temp files in your computer to cause "computer slow". Your computer creates a lot of junk surfing online. You need to scan and clean your computer with registry cleaner to make it fast. Good Registry Cleaner will improve your computer and Internet performance dramatically!
10. Old Computer
Most of us often discover that our old PC has started lurching and has stopped performing the way it would work when it was young. If your computer is older than five years come to terms that it is likely the age of the computer that is causing it to be slow. Upgrade your PC or purchase new system.
Get Free Computer and IT Health Checkup in Australian Motionwave Technologies specializes in providing feasible IT services in Australian to small and medium organizations. The company IT services can be availed in Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane and covers a wide spectrum of services related to networking, systems, communication, IT consultancy and support. The company announces Free IT Health Checkups throughout Australia including main centers Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane.
Motionwave Technologies Pty Ltd Sydney Address: Suite 2.07, 46-50 Kent Rd Mascot NSW Sydney 2020 Australia Melbourne Address: Level 39, 385 Bourke St Melbourne VIC 3000 Phone No: 1300 337 984 Website: www.motionwave.com.au