Business Outlook A quarterly publication of the Henderson-Vance County Chamber of Commerce and The Daily Dispatch
Wednesday, February 8, 2012 • 1st Quarter
Wilson honored as Citizen of the Year at annual banquet
The 2012 Hendersonventions and presidential Vance County Chamber’s inaugurations, includAnnual Membership ing Ronald Reagan and Meeting and Banquet was Barack Obama. In 2010, conducted Jan. 24 at the Stogner was inducted Vance-Granville Commuinto the prestigious N.C. nity College Civic Center. Journalism Hall of Fame. Larr y Stogner, senior He is the only local news journalist and anchor for anchor to be so honored. WTVD was the keynote Stogner spoke of his speaker many interfor the view adven“With all of the evening. tures from Born problems that we have the White in BurlHouse and in this area with ington, presidential poverty, joblessness Stogner candidates was raised and broken families, to coverage in Yancof militar y eyville and clearly there was work operagraduated that needed doing tions with from the the 82nd here.” University Airborne of North Division. Carolina He said of — Randolph Wilson at Chahis two fivefounder and president of day stints in pel Hill. Rebuilding Hope, Inc. Haiti after Senior broadcast their devasjournalist for ABC 11 tating 2010 earthquake, “I Eyewitness News since was thinking at the time 1976, Stogner has covered I traveled to Haiti about ever y kind of political how long I wanted to do stor y, such as presidential what I do. And when I saw primaries, political conall the personal stories
Randolph Wilson (right) accepts the 2011 Citizen of the Year Award from Chamber President Bill Edwards. that needed to be told and thought how many more
must be out there, I knew that I wasn’t finished yet.
I wanted to be there to cover them.” During the banquet, 2010 Citizen of the Year winner Dorothy Hunt presented the 2011 Citizen of the Year Award to Randolph Wilson, founder and president of Rebuilding Hope, Inc. The nonprofit ministr y works in the local community to repair homes of those who can’t afford to have needed repairs done themselves. All work is done with volunteer labor, much of which is provided by members of local churches. An emphasis is placed on ministering to the resident’s spiritual needs as well by showing the love of Christ in the volunteer repair and improvement efforts. At the age of 60, when some folks are thinking about retiring to the golf course, this year’s Citizen of the Year was giving serious thought to making full-time disaster relief work his new occupation. “I felt God calling me to
Inside This Issue Committee Goals Ambassador Spotlight Chamber Board/Staff Ribbon Cuttings Christmas Social Christmas Concert New Chamber Members
pg. 2 pg. 3 pg. 3
pg. 4, 5 pg. 6 pg. 7 pg. 8
Member Benefits Member Spotlights Business After Hours Upcoming Events H&R Block Milestone Membership Directory
pg. 9, 10, 11 pg. 12 pg. 13 pg. 13
pg. 14, 15
do something different,” Wilson said. The real challenge came from his pastor, who asked, “Have you thought about a local ministr y?” The idea struck home. “When he said that, I knew God was calling me to look at ministering here locally. With all of the problems that we have in this area with poverty, joblessness and broken families, clearly there was work that needed doing here,” Wilson said. As the catalyst for this incredible effort, Wilson has been able to rally dozens of churches, civicminded individuals and conscientious business owners to become part of this local ministry whether through donated materials, financial support or volunteer time. While receiving the award, Wilson was joined by family, friends and members of Rebuilding Hope Inc.’s Board of Directors and volunteers. SEE WILSON/PAGE 7
Henderson-Vance County Chamber of Commerce P.O. Box 1302; 414 S. Garnett St., Henderson, N.C. 27536 Phone: (252) 438-8414 Fax: (252) 492-8989 www.hendersonvance.org
The Daily Dispatch
Wednesday, February 8, 2012
H-V Chamber outlines committee goals for 2012
Below is an overview of the 2012 goals that each Chamber Committee has set for itself in the upcoming year.
Business growth and development
• Continue to host Administrative Professional’s Day Luncheon with the Vance-Granville Community College Small Business Center. • Promote the importance of small business through the hosting of Small Business Roundtables (minimum of three). • Continue to recognize the Small Business of the Year in partnership with other county Chambers of Commerce and the Vance-Granville Community College Small Business Center. • Enhance our role in job growth in the county by partnering with Economic Development, Downtown Development, the Henderson-Vance Partnership, Tourism, city and county government and any other entity that will bring jobs to our area. • Continue to update “How to Start and Grow a Business in Vance County” and make available to
anyone seeking to begin or expand a business in our area. Also partner with NC REAL to conduct entrepreneurial workshops.
Vance County Principal of the Year and Vance County Teacher of the Year at the Chamber’s annual banquet.
• Oversee Chamber Education budgetary activities and policies. • Remain involved with • Continue to the staff to be sure that co-sponsor the annual Teacher Executive Institute all Chamber policies are adhered to. (for top teachers in our • Work with the staff, schools) with the Public other committees and School Foundation. volunteers to develop and • Work with school maintain other revenue administration to enhance producing events such as our business-education Chamber Challenge Golf partnerships. Tournament as well as • Continue Life Skills other events. Day program to teach • Work with Chamber students basic skills in staff to seek other getting a job. sources of grant funding • Work with or revenue. (Note: The Vance-Granville Chamber’s executive Community College and committee is made up of Vance County Public/ board officers, including Private Schools on the the Chamber chair, School of Excellence for first vice-chair, second rising tenth graders. vice-chair, treasurer and • Work closely with immediate past chair.) school administration and the Vance County Public School Foundation to develop programs for the Government and successful recruitment and public affairs retention of teachers. • Promote the Shining Moment in Education •Promote the Award winner at the importance of the Chamber’s annual banquet. Leadership Vance Program • Recognize National and encourage community Board Certified teachers, involvement after
graduation. • Partner with local government by attending meetings of the city and county to remain informed. • Continue Business — Government Partnership Forums on a regular basis to maintain a dialogue on key issues affecting the city, county, community and all law enforcement entities. • Support the possibility of one government for Henderson and Vance County. • Plan a state and federal Legislative Day.
• Promote and maintain the Chamber website to be real-time, user friendly and provide links to existing businesses that have e-mail access. • Continue an e-mail newsletter to all members and organizations. • Continue the Chamber presence and promotion of members on local and regional radio. • Continue to be the point of contact to provide “Newcomer Information” electronically and hard copy to anyone wishing to relocate to our county. • Publish six Focus newsletters and four Business Outlook tabloids
during the year. • Continue an informative monthly column in The Daily Dispatch in conjunction with the Chamber and all committee chairs. • Produce Envision Vance, the tenth annual quality of life guide/ membership directory. • Integrate promotional and educational videos into the Chamber’s marketing mix. • Continue free “Member Spotlights” advertising. • Continue to offer a “Marketing Options Shopping List” which offers members marketing and sponsorship investment opportunities for the upcoming year in a shopping list format. • Set up task force to create an updated and more user-friendly website.
our businesses including “Business Before/ After Hours,” “Ribbon Cuttings,” radio and website promotions. Promote sponsorship opportunities for all members to be implemented in 2012. •Invite and encourage all members to be involved in the Chamber through volunteering and/or in-kind services and educate members on the benefits of volunteering. To accomplish this, the Chamber will conduct an orientation for its new members a minimum of twice yearly with available seating for existing members. • Maintain and empower ambassador members to be the liaison between the Chamber and our members. Require a member of the membership committee to attend the ambassadors’ quarterly meetings. •Continue to promote, expand and support Membership networking through face-to-face meetings, local networking groups and • Continue to use events as well as electronic all means possible, media and social networking emphasizing diversity, vehicles as a membership to recruit, promote and retain business. Provide as benefit as well as a membership recruitment much individual attention tool. as possible, including but • Continue to promote not limited to membership “Member-To-Member recruitment events. Discounts” through ongoing • Enhance existing programs and develop new programs and monthly programs that will spotlight “Member Spotlights.”
Lawn, Garden & Pet Center 615 West U.s. 158 BY PAss • Henderson, nC 27536
The Daily Dispatch
Ambassador Spotlight Name: Jessica Burnette Business: ACS-Health Management Solutions Title: Asst. Manager for Quality and Training Hobbies: Reading, spending time with my boyfriend, nieces, nephews, my dog Blue, and singing in church. Favorite Quote: “This too shall pass!”; Ephesians 4:2 “Be humble and gentle. Be patient, bearing with one another in love.” Burnette graduated from Northern Vance
High School in 1998 and from N.C. State in 2003 with a B.A. in Communications with
a concentration in Public & Interpersonal Communications. She returned to Henderson in 2005 and wants to reap the benefits of being an ambassador by following in the footsteps of brother, Scott Burnette, and sister, Tanya Kilgore. “ I want to make Henderson a better place by helping businesses prosper and grow. I plan to raise a family here so I want to help create a bright future in this community for my children, nieces and nephews,” says Burnette.
Become a member Be a member of the Henderson/Vance County Chamber of Commerce and have the opportunity to join other members who market themselves in this publication.
Rick Edwards Electric VOTED BEST OF VANCE 2011
“Getting You Connected for Life” Residential & Commercial Bucket Truck • Sign Lighting
Licensed & Insured in NC & VA (252) 438-4856 Phone & Fax (252) 438-0147 Mobile
Wednesday, February 8, 2012
Board / Ambassadors / Staff 2012 CHAMBER OFFICERS
Catherine Hughes Satterwhite Point Marina Catherine Hughes Chair Hal Muetzel Express Hal Muetzel First Vice-Chair Employment Professionals TBA Second Vice-Chair Susan Rogers Chick-fil-A Mel Manning Treasurer Thomas Shaw Vance County David Ruggles Immediate Farm Bureau Past Chair 2012 CHAMBER BOARD OF DIRECTORS
2010-2012 Dave Genetti Toyota/Scion of Henderson Mel Manning Harris Incorporated of Henderson Leslie Mills Leslie Ann Mills Photography Tanya Evans Progress Energy Walter Pegram NCOL.net David Ruggles Maria Parham Medical Center 2011-2013 Johnny Bobbitt Print Enterprise, Inc. Kathy Brown P&G Pet Care Bernice Bullock Generations Community Credit Union Gina DeMent Five County Community Operations Center Maurice Gray Walmart Distribution Center No. 6091 Curtis Tyndall BB&T 2012-2014 Dr. Angela Ballentine Vance-Granville Community College Jenny Hester Prim Development and Rentals
Cindy Abate Liberty Kennels, Inc. Rudy Abate Liberty Kennels, Inc. Bernice Bullock Generations Community Credit Union Jessica Burnette Affiliated Computer Svcs., a Xerox Co. Bob Campbell Philips Optimum Latonya Carter Sugar’ n Spice Preschool Jon Clark Maria Parham Medical Center Gina DeMent Five County Community Operations Center Fern Ellington BB&T Cheryl Elman Crafts on Wheels/100 Years of Flight Sarah Falkner Staffmark Linda Fletcher Vance-Granville Community College Reginald Hicks Union Bank Brian Johnson BB&T Julia Langston Henderson Family YMCA Kevin Meese Time Warner Cable Business Class Brian Marshburn BB&T Clareese Moss Shortcakes Embroidery/Screen Printing Jessica Rice Aim High
Athletics & Personal Training Susan Rogers Chick-fil-A Suzanne Roudebush Eckerd Adolescent Parenting Program Sandra White Saint Augustine’s College Alison Wilson P&G Pet Care EX-OFFICIO DIRECTORS
Stuart Litvin Director, Vance County Economic Development Commission Dennis Tharrington Chair, Henderson-Vance Economic Partnership Phil Lakernick Director, Henderson-Vance Downtown Development Dr. Stelfanie Williams President,Vance-Granville Community College Terry Garrison Chair, Vance County Board of Commissioners Pete O’Geary Mayor, City of Henderson Ronald Gregory Superintendent, Vance County Schools Bob Singletary President CEO Maria Parham Medical Center CHAMBER STAFF
Bill Edwards President Rachel Hedrick Director of Membership Services Sylvia Edwards Office Manager Connie Ragland Work First Coordinator Sheri Jones Communications Consultant
Elmer A. Deal & Sons Plumbing Contractors Residential and Commercial Service & Repairs Licensed & Insured Serving the Area Since 1975
585 Industry Drive Henderson, NC 27537
The Daily Dispatch
The Colonial Center
The Colonial Center conducted a ribbon cutting Nov. 4 to celebrate its new
Chamber membership. Located in downtown South Hill, Va., The Colonial Center is one of the few remaining vaudeville theaters of its era in Virginia and is listed in the National Register of Historic Places. The center has been restored and is a thriving community theater whose mission is to foster and encourage the development of theater and the performing arts in Southside Virginia and the surrounding regions. For information on the center and upcoming performances, go to their website at www.colonialcenterva.org or call (434) 262-4170.
Wednesday, February 8, 2012
Discount Furniture Center
Discount Furniture Center, located at 135 US 158 Bypass (former Schewels’ location), conducted a ribbon cutting Jan. 10 to celebrate the opening of the new business. Locally owned and operated, Discount Furniture Center delivers discount prices on kitchen appliances, electronics and furniture for every room, including items for the bedroom, living room, kitchen, dining room, furniture accessories and jewelry. They carry major brand names. The company can be reached at (252) 430-7283.
Satterwhite Point Marina
Lakefront Rental Cabins Gas Dock with Premium, No Ethanol Gas, Marine Supplies and Snacks located off Buoy K
Vance Financial Services, Inc.
Vance Financial Services, Inc. conducted a ribbon cutting to celebrate their
grand opening and new Chamber membership Dec. 13. The business offers bookkeeping, payroll, tax and financial services. Owned and managed by Jessica Currin, Vance Financial Services is located at 124 West Young Ave. in Henderson and can be reached at (252) 438-3115, on the web at www.vancefinancial.com or by e-mail at email@example.com.
Wet Slip and Drystack Boat Storage
6470 Satterwhite Point Road, Henderson, NC 27537 phone #252-430-1300 web: www.satterwhitept.com “see us on FACEBOOK”
The Daily Dispatch
Â H&R Block conducted a ribbon cutting to celebrate 45 years of service to the local community Jan. 12. Previously owned by Jerry and Cecil Faulkner, the business is currently owned by Farooq Ali. Also honored at the event was the Vance County Teacher of the Year, Peggy Price. H&R Block offers tax and financial services and can be reached locally at (252) 492-1981. They are located at 1541 Dabney Drive.
Thank You For All of Your Support We Are Looking Forward to a Prosperous Year! 880 Facet Rd. Henderson, NC 27536 252-492-7198
Wednesday, February 8, 2012
Ruin Creek Animal Protection Society of Henderson Ruin Creek Animal Protection Society of Henderson conducted a ribbon cutting Dec. 1 to celebrate the establishment of the organization and its new Chamber membership. The 501(c)3 non-profit organization rescues and places local animals with loving homes â€” some as far away as Canada. They have assisted and procured veterinary care for thousands of animals and continue to strive to make life in our local community better for them. To reach the society, call (252) 432-4072.
The Daily Dispatch
Wednesday, February 8, 2012
Chamber CPAs sponsor Christmas social
The Fourth Annual Chamber Christmas Social took place Dec. 6 at Henderson Country Club from 6-8 p.m. The Chamber hosted this holiday kick-off celebration for its members with heavy hors d’oeuvres and lots of networking. Over 250 members attended the event which has become one of the Chamber’s most popular and wellattended membership events of the year. The social is made possible only through the sponsorship of Chamber member CPA firms. Sponsors for this year’s event were Robert D. Herford, CPA; William D. Hoyle, CPA, PLLC; Danny W. Wright, CPA, PLLC; Holden Moss Knott Clark & Copley, P.A.; Phillips, Dorsey, Thomas; Waters and Brafford, P.A.; and William L. Stark & Company.
Security Incorporated BURGLAR & FIRE ALARMS CENTRAL VAC, VIDEo SURVEILLANCE ALARM MoNIToRING FoR $16/mo.
Call Dave Arner 252-438-7181 AHNER SECURITY
In Business since 1988
When it Comes to Flooring, We’re a Step Ahead! • Carpet • Vinyl • Laminate • Hardwood • Ceramic • Blinds
A.B. HAIR CARPETS, INC. “Your Professional Carpet Center”
US #1 Norlina, NC 252-456-3307 or 1-800-582-7198
The Daily Dispatch
Wednesday, February 8, 2012
Christmas concert a sell-out
The Embers kicked off the holidays with the fifth local holiday concert “Christmas with The Embers.” The concert took place Dec. 2 at the Vance-Granville Community College Civic Center. More than 700 attended this year’s concert which included new costuming and a new mix of songs. Attendees young and old sang along and swayed to the holiday classics as “Santa” tossed goodies to the youngsters in the crowd. “The show offered some new and fresh entertainment this year. They continue to be a favorite in the local community,” said Chamber President Bill Edwards. The concert is coordinated annually by the Henderson-Vance County Chamber of Commerce and sponsored by Presenting Sponsor CenturyLink, Platinum Sponsors Progress Energy and P&G Pet Care; Gold Sponsors, Walmart Distribution Center No. 6091 and Maria Parham Medical Center; and Silver Sponsor, Satterwhite Point Marina.
WILSON FROM THE FRONT PAGE
“This is truly humbling,” Wilson said. 2012 Chamber of Commerce Chairman Catherine Hughes and Chamber President Bill Edwards presented the Henderson-Vance County Chamber of Commerce Annual Report and Program of Work. The reports highlighted the
previous year’s accomplishments and identified committee and overall goals for the upcoming year. In addition, Chamber President Bill Edwards was honored by current and past board chairs for his integrity-filled leadership and many accomplishments while leading the Chamber over the last eight years. “He has been a mentor for many and
is leaving the Chamber in a fiscally sound position,” said Paul Harris, a past Board Chair. “You will truly be missed.” Harris also presented Edwards with a plaque noting his dedication and commitment to the Henderson-Vance County Chamber from 2003 to 2012. Vance County Economic Development Commission Chairman Sam Watkins also addressed the assembly with thanks and
kudos for Edwards’ help during their recent time without an executive director. “He truly loves Vance County, has tireless energy, knows how to build relationships and has been more than willing to work to make this community a better place,” Watkins said. The organization also presented Edwards with a plaque. Edwards plans to vacate his role as president at the end of March.
“Focused on You.”
Dr. Robert F. Allen Voted Best Optometrist in Vance County for Seventeen Years in a Row
* Off site children’s entertainment available*
•Tents • Tables • Chairs
• Linens • China • Glassware
• Flatware • Catering Equipment
104 Wortham Court, Henderson • Exit 217 Off I-85 (Beside Henderson Convention Center)
• Wedding Accessories • Inflatables
Showroom Hours: Mon. - Fri. 9am-4pm, Sat. by appointment
• Comprehensive Computerized Eye Examinations • One Hour Service On Most Glasses & Contact Lenses • Most Insurance Plans Accepted
1904 Graham Ave., Henderson (Next door to Ribeyes Steakhouse)
The Daily Dispatch
Welcome to these new Chamber members Faith to Freedom, Inc. 170 South Beckford Drive Henderson, NC 27536 Phone: (252) 438-4833 Non-profit charity Nancy Bobbitt, Chairman Jim Kearney, secretary treasurer Geter Barber College, LLC 941-E West Andrews Avenue Henderson, NC 27536 Phone: (252) 430-1633 FAX: (252) 430-1638 Barber Craig Geter, manager Mosley Plumbing Company, Inc. 247 East Montgomery Street Henderson, NC 27536 Phone: (252) 492-0243 Fax: (252) 492-7724 Plumbing contractors Kenneth Mosley, owner
Range of Motion Prosthetics & Orthotics 1302 Dabney Drive Henderson, NC 27536 Phone: (252) 430-8778 Fax: (252) 430-8770 Prosthetics/orthotics Josep Feliu, owner Run of the Mill Bed and Breakfast 2250 Weldon’s Mill Road Henderson, NC 27537 Phone: (252) 492-9599 Lodging Bill & Marie Craig, owners Taylor’s Consignment and Boutique 111 Norword Street Henderson, NC 27536 Phone: (336) 247-0767 Consignment shop Tracy Edwards, owner
Triangle North Healthcare Foundation 566 Ruin Creek Road Henderson, NC 27536 Phone: (252) 436-1610 Fax: (252) 436-1733 Non-profit Bob Richardson, executive director Vance Financial Services, Inc. 124 West Young Avenue Henderson, NC 27356 Phone: (252) 438-3115 Fax: (252) 438-8175 Accountants, payroll services, tax & financial services Jessica Currin, vice-president
in” We Take Call In Orders “Tas Lick ty” r e g T n e i n n F e d “ k ers “Scr Chic ump y Skil tious” Dail ade” (Chi c ken lets ” “Fre mem esserts e l Brea o y H t sh C “ s D e st Fi & m s o o S it ide D ld” H let) s u t e c l o s ishe “H getab Bi s Ve
Cookin’ Up Down Home Cookin”
Good Food • Good Service • Fair Price my” m u Y “ eals M s Kid “Old
i Fash BBQ
“De lic mp ious” & Oy ster s “Fab Fish ulous ” & Fl oun der
“Good Ole” Hot Dogs & Foot Longs
444 Dabney Dr., Henderson We Welcome Call Ahead Orders
Hours: Sunday - Thursday 11:00 am - 9:00 pm
Hours: Friday & Saturday 11:00 am - 10:00 pm
Wednesday, February 8, 2012
New Chamber officers elected for 2012 The Henderson-Vance Chamber of Commerce recently elected the 2012 officers for the Board of Directors. Catherine Hughes of Satterwhite Point Marina will assume the responsibilities of board chair. Hal Muetzel of Express Employment Professionals will become first vice-chair, Mel Manning of Harris Incorporated of Henderson will continue to serve as treasurer and David Ruggles of Maria Parham Medical Center will serve as immediate past chair. A second vice-chair will be named later this month. Dr. Angela Ballentine
of Vance-Granville Community College, Bernice Bullock of Generations Community Credit Union, Susan Rogers of Chick-fil-A and Thomas Shaw of Vance County Farm Bureau were added as new board members. Ex-officio board members include Dennis Tharrington, Chair, Henderson-Vance Partnership; Terry Garrison, Chair, Vance County Board of Commissioners; Stuart Litvin, Director, Vance County Economic Development Commission; Phil Lakernick, Director, Henderson-Vance
Downtown Development Commission; Dr. Stelfanie Williams, President, Vance-Granville Community College; Pete O’Geary, Mayor, City of Henderson; Ronald Gregory, Superintendent, Vance County Schools and Bob Singletary, President & CEO, Maria Parham Medical Center. All new, existing and outgoing Chamber officers and directors were recognized during the Chamber’s 2012 Annual Membership Meeting and Banquet conducted Jab, 24 at the Vance-Granville Community College Civic Center.
Crossroads Christian School
583 Old County Home Road Henderson, NC Christ-Centered Education ACSI/SACS Accredited Skilled, Experienced & Caring Faculty Safe & Drug Free Environment State of the Art Facilities
College Prep Curriculum College Admissions Advisor 3 & 4 Year Olds Pre-School Program MS & HS Athletic Program After School Program Available Summer Camp Program
Mission Statement Crossroads Christian School partners with parents to develop the whole child by providing a challenging academic environment in which to prepare men and women to serve Christ and their community from a biblical worldview.
Contact Us Today!
252-431-1333 • www.ccscolts.org
The Daily Dispatch
Wednesday, February 8, 2012
Chamber member benefit — member spotlights The Henderson-Vance County Chamber’s “Member Spotlights” continues to be one of the most popular free Chamber benefits. This special section of the Business Outlook Tabloid and Chamber web-site allows member businesses to list their upcoming public sales, special events, special products
and/or services for free. A link on the Chamber homepage takes all viewers to this special page. Criteria set for each listing is 50 words or less typed in a Word or text document using 10 pt. Verdana. The name of the company is listed first and then the complete description of what is being
spotlighted. Entries are listed monthly. Any entry to be listed in “Member Spotlights” will have a deadline of the 25th of the month preceding when the entry should appear. Entries are listed alphabetically on the page with the company name in bold and the description in normal type. All are uniform in
appearance. Chamber members who wish to have an entry listed should send their information as seen in the November Spotlights below to info@hendersonvance. org by the 25th of the month preceding the listing or call the Chamber at (252) 438-8414 with questions.
February Member Spotlights
Brass Shoppe, The: Downtown Henderson, 240 West Montgomery St., (252) 438-3776. Lamp parts and repair; American flags all sizes; Broilmaster Gas Grills, Nat or LP Gas. Serving Henderson for 35 years; local owner. Care Chiropractic & Acupuncture: You many need chiropractic treatment if you have headaches. Call our office today at (252) 436-2500 to schedule your free consultation with Dr. Myers. Carolina Cooling & Heating Inc: Your indoor air quality leader. Since 1954 we have served the surrounding area. We offer free estimates for new and replacement installations. We service all brands of heating and cooling equipment. Please call (252) 438-4125 and let us serve you.
or firstname.lastname@example.org . Collins Collision Repair Center: (“The Body Shop”) We make your damage disappear! Quality doesn’t cost but it pays! Where quality matters! Your best choice!” Located at 3688 Raleigh Road- Call Brad Collins at 438-3133. Community Workforce Solutions: Gain a great employee, support your community and start earning work opportunity tax credits for 2012. Community Workforce Solutions currently has strong candidates looking for all types of positions. We specialize in matching worker skills with your job openings! Let us handle your hiring needs! (252) 492-9555.
Dabney Drive Animal Hospital: February is Pet Dental Health Month. All Chick-fil-A: Warm up with a hot, routine dental cleanings are 20% off!!!!!!!!!! delicious bowl of our new Chicken Tortilla Call (252) 430-8008 today for an appointSoup. It’s made of shredded boneless breast ment or questions. of chicken, navy, northern and black beans in a white creamy base with a perfect blend Daily Dispatch, The:The Daily Disof vegetables and spices. It is topped off patch — Subscribe, Advertise, Thrive! with seasoned corn tortilla strips. Flavor by Make your business come alive. We offer the spoonful! home delivery for only $13.25 per month, yard sale ads as low as five lines, five days Coast Guard Auxiliary Henderson/ for $5! Business directory ads as low as $20 Kerr Lake: Since 1939, the United States per month! Get started today! Call (252) Coast Guard Auxiliary has been an im436-2700 now. portant part of the Coast Guard Mission. We provide a manpower reserve to the Daniel Hendley Photography: Coast Guard and educational resources for Come visit the studio in downtown Henpublic education on boating safety. Join us, derson! Offering photos for nearly all and enrich your community and yourself. occasions, both in-studio or on locaContact Gene Midyette at (252) 432-0004, tion; portraits, high school senior photos,
engagements, events, and more. VisDabney Drive, via phone at (252) 433-8405 it http://danielhendley.com to schedule an or online at http://www.enterprise.com. We offer a free pickup service, competitive appointment or free consultation. rates, and welcome all business. Dataforge: www.dataforge.us — Faulkner Grading & Landscaping, Computer sales and repair for home, Inc.: Demolition and land clearing specialbusiness, non profit and government. ists, with more than 30 years experience Upgrades, virus cleanups, networking. in this area. Pond work, topsoil, fill dirt, Website design and hosting services. We gravel, road construction and maintedo it all for you! Visit our portfolio online nance, hauling, firewood, debris removal. and contact us for a free website consultaFree estimates and consultations. Call tion! Alan Faulkner at (252) 430-9525. Mention this ad and receive 10 percent off during Discount Furniture Center: We carry furniture, electronics, appliances, mattress- February. es and more. With all the name brands you love such as Ashley, Serta and LG. We have in house financing and several options to fit your budget. Stop by 135 U.S. 158 Bypass in Henderson or give us a call at (252) 430-7283. Document Systems, Inc.: Document management can easily be one of your top three expenses, just behind rent and payroll expenses. Save your profits and let us review your document handling processes and needs. Call Brantley Pegram or Willie Veldkamp at (252) 433-4888 for more information. We can save you money! Enterprise Rent-A-Car: Whether it’s due to an accident, corporate travel or for leisure, Enterprise specializes in renting to customers who need a temporary replacement vehicle. To better serve our customers we have moved to a new location. Please come visit us in person at 1340
Generations Community Credit Union: Offering a wide range of savings, checking and loan products including Christmas Club Accounts; for additional information, please contact Bernice Bullock or Oita Snow at (252) 492-5854 and ask about our Credit Building Programs & Church Lending Programs, designed to establish savings and build credit at the same time. Golden Skillet: We offer great family dining! Convenient dine-in or take-out! dinners - snacks - sandwiches - sandwich combos - homemade vegetables and desserts - freshly prepared-to-order fish and seafood - award-winning chicken tenders - entertainment platters- kids’ meals. Whatever your dining needs, our slogan: “Good Food, Good Service, Fair Price” says it all!!! We welcome call ahead orders. 444 Dabney Drive, Henderson; (252) 492-4040. CONTINUED ON PAGE 10
The Daily Dispatch
Wednesday, February 8, 2012
February Member Spotlights
FROM PAGE 9
Henderson Community Concert Association: Coming soon — 2012-2013 Season Membership Drive — the best entertainment value in the area! Still to come in the current season: Feb. 3 — The N.C. Symphony with Henderson native, Pianist John Noel; March 25 — Flamenco Ensemble; April 20 — The Water Coolers. Admission by season ticket. Call (252) 492-2954. Henderson Institute Museum and H.I. Graduates and Former Students Association, Inc.: Do you enjoy jazz, art and conversation? Visit the museum on Feb. 11 from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. and listen to the sounds of “Just Friends Jazz Quartet,” enjoy several art exhibitions, and visit with old and new friends, while sampling an assortment of cheese, crackers,and other refreshments. The museum is located at 500 W. Rockspring St., on the corner of Beckford Drive in Henderson. Call the museum at (252) 430-0616 for additional information. Admission is free; however, donations are accepted. Henderson Pediatric Dentistry is a new pediatric dental practice that opened this Summer. The office is located at 451
Ruin Creek Road, Suite No. 205 and provides dental services for children. For appointments, please call (252) 492-KIDS (5437) or for more information, email Dr. Rhonda Kearney at email@example.com. Henderson Wellness Center: New services for the new year are spinal decompression therapy and our weight loss program with our PA, KaKeasha Richardson. Schedule your consultation with us today!! www.hendersonwellnesscenter.com. (252) 430-8000. Home In Henderson: www.homeinhenderson.com — News and views from the heart of Vance County. Local news, event calendar and commentary. December 2011 had over 4,700 unique visitors with over 37,000 pageviews. Chamber members get 50 percent advertising discounts. Interiors and Gifts Too: At Interiors and Gifts Too, we are getting ready for a busy spring. We are ready to start monogramming purses, blankets and almost everything. We will be getting new items for Spring that will brighten your home. Stop by and check it out.
Johnson’s Block & Concrete Co., Inc.: Your commercial and residential solution to the following needs: ready mixed concrete, concrete supplies, blocks, mortar, sand and stone. Family owned and operated. Call us for quality service and products at (252) 438-6028. Kittrell Job Corps Center: Success is yours! Call today to initiate your lifetime of success. We have openings for residential and non-residential applicant’s ages 16-24 years of age. Career technical training and academics include: medical office support, health occupations (CNA), business office administration, culinary arts, carpentry, brick mason, facility maintenance, and high school diplomas or GED. If interested, call the Outreach Admissions at (919) 954-0691. Lifeline: Maria Parham Medical Center offers Philips Lifeline, an easy-to-use medical alert service that ensures that older adults living at home get quick assistance whenever it is needed. Lifeline helps you to be safe 24-hours-aday, 365 days a year. Call Denise Smith at (252) 436.1118 for more information. www.lifelinesys.com.
Peaking workload. Or fulltime growth. Vance Financial Services, Inc. Accountants, Payroll, Tax & Financial Services
Need short-term workers today? Or dedicated employees to build your tomorrow? Express is your number one resource for both. We regularly recruit for top-notch workers in a variety of industries. We’d love to solve your employment challenges. Call us today. • Customer Service • Administrative • Warehouse • General Production
124 W. Young Avenue, Henderson, NC 27536
Phone: 252-438-3115 Fax: 252-438-8175 www.vancefinancial.com firstname.lastname@example.org
124 Main Street, Oxford, NC 27565
Michele Burgess dba Stella & Dot Jewelry: Michele Burgess, independent stylist for Stella and Dot — Are you interested in updating your professional career image or rejuvenating your week-end look? As a trained stylist, I can help you elevate your appearance with affordable accessories that are one size fits all! Stella and Dot is a social shopping business providing women with quality, designer-made jewelry and handbags. The jewelry is sold exclusively through in-home and office trunk shows. For more information, call (252) 492-8259. To preview the jewelry line: stelladot.com/ micheleburgess. Moseley Plumbing Co.: We are a full service plumbing company. Let us help you with any of your plumbing needs. Right now we are winterizing a lot of rental and/ or lake houses. Call use today at (252) 4920243. Nancy Jo Photography: Specializing in children and family portraiture. Studio or location sessions available. Now booking beach sessions at Emerald Isle over Spring Break! We specialize in providing portraits that speak to your heart! (252) 431-4563 or online at www.nancyjophotography.com.
Henderson • 252-492-1138 Warrenton • 252-257-3010 Littleton • 252-586-2025 Creedmoor • 919-528-1100 YOUR LOCAL FAMILY-OWNED PROPANE SUPPLIER SERVING RESIDENTIAL, FARM AND COMMERCIAL CUSTOMERS FOR 50 YEARS EACH LOCATION HAS A SHOWROOM - COME AND SEE OUR GAS LOG DISPLAYS, FIREPLACE MANTELS, SPACE HEATERS AND GAS GRILLS
The Daily Dispatch
Wednesday, February 8, 2012
February Member Spotlights
NCOL.NET: Bundle and save with NCOL.NET! Bundle four voice lines, plus High Speed Internet, starting at $159.95/ month. This features unlimited local calling, Caller ID, Line Rollover, and you get to keep your existing numbers. Let us handle your voice, Internet, computers and data network for seamless operation! Give us a call at (252) 492-4317. Pete Smith Lube & Tire: Located at 946Z West Andrews Ave. in the Crossroads Shopping Mall. We are your full-service auto repair and tire dealer. Stop by and see Donnie or Rick. Given the chance, we feel confident that we will give you “the best automotive experience that you’ve ever had.” Pizza Inn: Hey everybody — don’t forget Pizza Inn has all-day buffet 7 days-aweek and come in and catch our Early Bird Special for a limited time — $7.49 buffet and drink. We look forward to serving you. God Bless!!!! Progress Energy: Looking for ways to save money? Visit our web site: www. savethewatts.com for energy savings tips and ideas. You can also follow us on Twitter (@progressenergy) for news, updates and information. Satterwhite Point Marina: Lakeside cabin rentals in a secluded, wooded setting, fully furnished and includes a boat dock; check our website at www.satterwhitept.com for complete information, pictures and rates. Taking reservations now for this season. Call (252) 430-1300 and see us on FACEBOOK.
Screen Master: New styles — new prices. Same discounts available. Never pay full price for orders of 12 or more pieces with the same design. Let us help you with your team, business or school orders. We promise to give you prices that will make you happy. Come by 100 S. Garnett St. or call (252) 492-8407, Southern Chainsaw and Mower Parts: 1030 S. Williams St., Henderson, NC 27536; Small engine company that repairs outdoor power equipment such as riding lawn mowers, blowers, trimmers, generators, chainsaws, tillers and more. We are Jonsered and Kohler dealers. We sell new and used equipment. We also sell parts for many makes and models. Big mower blade sale going on. Best prices around. (252) 436-9507. Spiritual Connections Cafe!: “A Place To Connect.” 221 S. Garnett St. (252)7671988. Hours are M-F, 8 a.m.-3 p.m. Specials, conferences and meetings on Saturday. Call and schedule your day. Serving the best breakfast, homemade soup, sandwiches, salads, specialty dogs and more. M-Nachos, W-Reubens, Th-Red Hots, F-Homemade Chicken Salad. We are waiting to serve you. State Farm Agency Recruiting: Discover a rewarding career as a State Farm® agent. Help others in your community while building a business that will last. Imagine what you can build if you put your mind to it. Become a State Farm agent. Contact Phil Morrow at (919) 789-3746 or visit http:// pmorrow.sfagentcareers.com for more information.
J.M. White Funeral Service
A family tradition of excellence since 1967
Sunset Slush of North Raleigh: Classic italian ice,Whether you’re looking to add some fun or spice up a social event, or make a cool impression at a corporate gathering, we’re a hit when it comes to adding fun to any event. $25 off your next event. 1-888-4071193 or www.sunsetslushnorthraleigh.com. Taylor’s Consignment and Boutique, Inc.: New family consignment store located at 111 Norwood St. Take the first left off N. Garnett St., just past Burger King. Clean out your clutter and make extra cash, come consign with us. Kids clothing, Ladies and Men’s clothing, Furniture and more — (252) 572-2738.“Different items coming in everyday.” Vance Financial Services, Inc: 2011 tax season is here! Our extended hours are 9 a.m.-8 p.m., Monday-Friday and Saturday by appointment. Mention this ad and receive a free gift!!! Come see us for all of your income tax and accounting needs. We are located at 124 West Young Ave., in the heart of Henderson. Vance County Senior Center: 126 S. Garnett St., Henderson, NC 27536. Free tax assistance will be offered to area low- to moderate-income residents with an emphasis on those over age 60. Tax preparation will be available each Wednesday, Feb. 1-April 11, by appointment. Also, Senior Games registration forms are available at the center. In addition,“Catch the Spirit” Chain Links can be purchased at the center for 50 cents, with all proceeds supporting Region K Senior Games. Call the center at (252) 430-0257 or email email@example.com to
United Way of Vance County and Rose Oil: TANKS-O-LOT! United Way of Vance County and Rose Oil challenges you to “step up to the pump” and grab a chance to win one of three prizes: $700, $200 or $100 worth of gas! Tickets are $5 or 5 for $20! Available at the United Way office or from any board member.
W W Properties & Rentals: For 30 years, W W Properties has provided quality residential rental homes and apartments at affordable prices. We now have available several excellent retail locations. We also have offices — single suites and up to 4,000 sq. ft. with nine offices in a professional building; commercial, industrial and warehouse units for lease and for sale. Retail/commercial/ storage units are also available on Capital Boulevard in Youngsville. Save money and call (252) 492-8777 or find us on the net at wwproperties.net. Whites Utility Buildings: Henderson, vinyl, aluminum and wood utility buildings, carports all sizes, custom orders www.whitesutilitybuildings.com, Ph. (252) 438-3479; ask for Mike. WIZS Radio, 1450 AM: Henderson. Offers to all H-V Chamber members, A 1/2-off sale in February and March, 2012. Sponsor the Valentine’s Day and Find the Shamrock Contests & receive 15 extra commercial spots, all for only $115. Call (252) 492-3001 to participate, (Not available to media just mention Member Spotlight).
CONSTRUCTION 60 Zeb Robinson Road henderson
schedule an appointment or for any questions.
4197 Raleigh Rd • PO Box 1549 • Henderson, NC 27536 email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 252-492-0028 • Fax: 252-492-2410
• Suites with Wet Bars • Interior Corridors • In Room Hair Dryers, Irons, & Ironing Boards • In Room Coffee Makers • Fax and Photocopy Service
• Free High Speed Wireless Internet • Cable TV with HBO • Complimentary USA Today • Free Local and Long Distance Phone Calls
• Microwave and Refrigerators Available in All Rooms • Fitness Room • Hot Breakfast • Laundry/Valet Service
200 Simmons Drive, I-85 & Exit 212 • Henderson, NC 27536 252-438-6300 • Fax 252-430-8885
The Daily Dispatch
Wednesday, February 8, 2012
Holden Moss hosts first 2012 Business After Hours Holden Moss Knott Clark & Copley, P.A. hosted the year’s first Business After Hours on Jan. 19 at their new location at 213 North Chestnut St. Formerly the home of BB&T, the newly-renovated offices boast a large, open reception area complete with fireplace, glass walls and wood accents. Guests were welcomed with an offering of heavy hors d’oeuvres and a variety of domestic and imported beverages. In addition, guests were entered in a drawing for an iPad which required presence to win. More than 100 attended the event including Chamber members and clients of the local, long-time firm. The firm touts itself as a boutique accounting, tax and business advisory firm providing a comprehensive variety of services ranging from bookkeeping and monthly financial reporting, to sophisticated tax and business consulting. They can be reached by phone at (252) 492-3041 or on the web at www. holdenmoss.com.
Jan. 19 marked the first Business After Hours of 2012, which was hosted by Holden Moss Knott Clark & Copley, P.A.
Your Hometown Drug Store Since 1960
PRESCRIPTION SPECIALISTS Gayle Cheek, RPh Manager Linda Baker, RPh
Fast, Friendly Service VOTED BEST DRUG STORE 2011!
Free Blood Pressure Clinic Vaccination Clinic No Physician? Let us Help! Prevention is the First Step. 501 S. Chestnut St., Henderson
438-4158 Mon.-Fri. 9am-6pm • Sat. 9am-4pm
Kerr Lake Nursing and Rehabilitation Center 252-492-7021
1245 Park Avenue, Henderson, NC
Voted Best Nursing Home in Vance County
font and benefit statements—are the building blocks for consistently and effectively The Daily Dispatch Business Outlook Wednesday, February 8, 2012 communicating who we are and our impact.
Upcoming Chamber events
H&R Block celebrates 45 years The logo is bold, active and welcoming, and it represents our determinedof commitment local service Meet Me in the Street to deliver lasting personal and social change. There are five color options from which to
Our Brand Architecture is a well-developed hierarchy that structures how we order and represent information, aligning “what we do” with “why we do it.” Its elements are identified by number on the layout at left and explained below.
April 18 1.
The 2012 Safety Banquet, co-hosted with the Granville The Henderson office of business to Jack Burrows. County Chamber of Commerce, Block is celebrating Then in 1996, the company choose, reflecting the diversity of our communities and the breadthH&R of our offerings. will take place at Greenway’s 45 years of service to the was sold to current owner Authentic Charcoal Grill When we present our areas of focus with our logo, we help audiences localunderstand community. the and operator Syed Farooq (Formerly Middleburg In 1946, brothers Ali. Jerry Faulkner is still Steakhouse), now located at totality of our organization. Henry and Richard Bloch a part of the wonderful 200 S. Garnett St., from 6-8 started a financial service team of staff at H&R p.m. Cherie Berry, state labor company they called Block, which continues to 2. theCreate a message that matters. The benefit statement should lead with why we do commissioner, will present United Business Company. strive to diligently serve awards. Call the Chamber at (252) In 1955 they were the citizens of Henderson what we do rather than a name of a program. 438-8414 or e-mail membership@ encouraged to incorporate and the surrounding hendersonvance.org for and to become more counties. information and reservations. in the income Manager Jacqueline 3. The images we choose reflect our enthusiasm and optimism as anspecialized organization. tax preparation area. It Parham said at their Select images of clear, high quality. was at that time that their recent ribbon cutting business became known where they celebrated this as H&R Block. milestone, “We know that 4. The brand architecture showcases our programs and services in a clear, Then incompelling 1967, Cecil way. we could not be successful Administrative Professionals’ and Jerry Faulkner (two without the support of Day Luncheon will be conducted The order: category orand program name, Localoffering residents enjoy dancing live music duringthen “Meetlocation Me in thename.local brothers) brought the community and its at Henderson Country Club from the H&R Block franchise citizens”. Street.” noon-1:30 p.m. in collaboration to Henderson, offering To show their with Franklin, Granville The and Y brand’s visual system enables us to present ourselves consistently as a unified cause with the level of integrity and appreciation and to give Warren County Chambers. For income tax expertise back to the community, details and to make reservations, shared values and a common voice. that the organization was the business honored the e-mail email@example.com Second Meet Me in the Final Meet Me in the Street or call (252) 438-8414. known for. The office Vance County Schools Street concert of 2012 will take concert of 2012 will take place was then located on Zene Teacher of the Year for place from 5:30-8:30 p.m. in from 5:30-8:30 p.m. in Downtown Street. 2010-2011, Peggy Price Henderson along versions es the use of a single, stand-alone logo. Downtown Below are the only acceptable of our logo. Make sure to use a variety of Cecil logo colors in your Y location, Henderson along Breckenridge Faulkner retired with a certificate and a gift Breckenridge Street. Featured will Street. Featured will be The and sold his share of the basket. signed to a location, department or program. The logo is available in full-color, 2-color, white and black on the Brand Resource Center. be The Entertainers. Concerts are First Meet Me in the Street Castaways. Concerts are presented presented by Harris Incorporated concert of 2012 will take place of Henderson and Budweiser. by Harris Incorporated of from 5:30-8:30 p.m. in Downtown Henderson and Budweiser. Henderson along Breckenridge Street. Featured will be The Chamber Challenge Golf Konnection Band. Concerts are Tournament will be take place at presented by Harris Incorporated Henderson Country Club. Details of Henderson and Budweiser. are forthcoming.
Henderson Family YMCA 380 Ruin Creek Road • Henderson, NC • 252-438-2144
understanding of our organization for our members, donors and volunteers. When a logo is paired with the areas of focus, the primary color from the logo is reason. Do not use the areas of focus without the logo. The areas of focus are available in full-color, 2-color, white and blackSon the Brand Resource Center. erving our Community
Henderson-Vance County Chamber of Commerce mission statement
• Wellness Center With Cybex equipment • indoor sWimming pool • sauna • steam room • hot tub • Kids gym The Henderson-Vance County Chamber of Commerce represents the • Full size gym • raCquet ball and squash Courts • Fitness Classes interests of the business community in those matters that affect the ability nimum size Font • nursery and Kids zone of local businesses to prosper andgives grow, and athe ability of feel. Henderson and are the only Typography our words distinct look and Cachet and Verdana twosfonts ever to be ensure legibility, the logo • youth ports • summer and aFtersChool Camps
ust always be 0.25” in eight or larger.
used for YMCA collateral. Cachet, as our primary font, should be used for all internal and external materials. Vance County to attract new businesses. www.hendersonymca.org For online applications or instances in which Cachet font is not available, use Verdana.
The Daily Dispatch
* A & P True Value Hardware * A Dominos Pizza Store A&S Pest Control A.B. Hair Carpets, Inc. * A.R. Perry Glass/Henderson Oxygen * A.R.E. Mechanical, Inc. * AAA Gas & Appliance * Abria’s Chase Foundation * ACS-Health Management Solutions ACTS ( Area Christians Together in Service) * Adcock, Wayne * ADT Security Services * Advance Printers * Advanced Lighting Technologies * Advantage Care In Home Services * Adventure Island * A-Fresh Potti By Foster * Ahner Security, Inc. * AHU Training & Consulting * AIM High Athletics & Personal Training LLC * Air Control, Inc. * Allen, Dr. Robert F. Optometrist Alliance Rehabilitative Care, Inc. * Allstate Insurance Co./Nunnery Insurance Agency * Ambassador’s Inn & Suites Cornelius’ Restaurant * American Cancer Society * American Red Cross * Angela’s Grill * Ashland Construction Company * ASIS Counseling, PLLC * Auto Connection * AutoBrite Car Washes, Inc. Aycock Elementary School Ballet Arts, Inc. * Bamboo Garden Chinese Restaurant * Bank of America * Barnett Properties, Inc. BB&T * Beckford Medical Center * Bees’ Knees, The * Belk, Inc. * Bill’s Flowers and Gifts * Bobbitt Signs, Inc. * Bojangles * Bowers & Burrows * Boys & Girls Clubs of North Central NC - Vance Unit * Brass Shoppe, The Brassfield Commercial Realty Breedlove Electric, Inc.
Wednesday, February 8, 2012
Chamber Membership Directory * Brewer Cycles, Inc. * Brooks Appraisals, Inc. Buffaloe Milling Co., Inc. * Builder Tony Hirst, LLC * Builder’s Discount Center of Henderson Bullock’s of Henderson, LLC * Burgess Farms * Care Chiropractic Center * Care, Jonathan S, Attorney, PA Carolina Classic Transport, LLC * Carolina Cooling & Heating, Inc. * Carolina Country Snacks Carolina Dental Arts Carolina Greenscapes, Inc. * Carolina Lanes * Carolina Quality, Inc. (Burger King) * Carolina Sunrock LLC Carver Elementary School * Carver’s Family Restaurants Cawthorne & Associates * Century 21 - Country Knolls Realty * CenturyLink * Character Antics * Charles Boyd Chevrolet-Cadillac Buick-GMC, Inc. * Chase Development * Chester’s/Fast Brake * Chick-fil-A * Church of the Holy Innocents, The (Episcopal) * City Tire, Inc. * Civitan Club of Henderson Clarke Elementary School * Coast Guard Auxiliary Henderson/Kerr Lake * Coca-Cola * Coffey’s Bail Bonds & Investigations * Coldwell Banker Advantage Henderson * Collins Collision Repair Center * Colortyme * Comfort Zone Designers, Inc. * Community Care Partners * Community Home Care & Hospice * Community Workforce Solutions, Inc. * Consolidated Electrical Distributors * Consolidated Marketing, Inc. * Converting Hearts Ministries * Cooper Company II, LLC * Cordell’s Lawn Care, Inc.
* Costco * Courtyard/Woods Apartments * Cracker Barrel * Crafts On Wheels Inc/100 Years of Flight * Craving Inc. DBA Simply Delicious Catering * Crawford Properties * Crossroads Christian School * Currin’s Real Estate * D.D. Residential Services, Inc. * Dabney Drive Animal Hospital Dabney Elementary School * Daily Dispatch, The * Daniel Hendley Photography * Dataforge * Dave Elman Hypnosis Institute * DaVita Vance County Dialysis * DB’s Windshield Chip Repair & Headlamp Restoration * DeCillis and Turrentine, PLLC * Department of Commerce Division of Employment Security * Dex One Corporation * Discount Furniture Center * Document Systems, Inc. * Dot’s Hallmark Shop * Drake, Dr. Alex E.M. Rollins Elementary School E.O. Young, Jr. Elementary School * Eagle PCS, INC * EarlyFalsom Properties, Inc. * Eastern Minerals, Inc. Eaton-Johnson Middle School * Edward Jones - Jeff Perry * Edward Jones - Tony Adams * Elmer A. Deal & Sons Inc. * Embassy Cultural Center Foundation, Inc. * Endrusick Enterprises, LLC * Enterprise Rent-A-Car * Express Employment Professionals Faith to Freedom * Family Eye Center, OD PA * Faulkner Grading & Landscaping, Inc. * F-G-V Partnership for Children * Fidelity Bank * First Baptist Church * First Citizens Bank & Trust Co. * First United Methodist Church * Five County Community Operations Center * Florida Marine Tanks, Inc. * Flowers Funeral Home
* Fogg’s Exxon Service Station * Food Lion, LLC * For Your Occasion Party Rentals * Four County Primary Care, RLLP * Franklin Brothers Nursery & Greenhouses, Inc. * Franklin-Vance-Warren Opportunity, Inc. * Frazco, Inc. * Freedom Federal Credit Union Garden Walk Villas * Gateway Community Development Corporation * Generations Community Credit Union * George’s * Geter Barber College, LLC Glover’s Landscaping & Grading, Inc. * Golden Corral * Golden Skillet * Granville County Cattlemen’s Association * Granville Health System * Granville-Vance District Health Department * Greater Ransom Way of the Cross Temple * Greystone Concrete Products, Inc. * Guardian Care of Henderson * Gupton Services, Inc. * Gupton’s Sporting Goods, Inc. * H&R Block H. Leslie Perry Memorial Library * H.G. Reynolds Company, Inc. Hampton Inn - Henderson * Handcrafted Homes, LLC * Harperprints, Inc. * Harris Equipment Company * Harris Incorporated of Henderson * Hawkins Maintenance Services LLC * Henderson Auction Gallery * Henderson Collegiate * Henderson Community Concert Association * Henderson Country Club * Henderson Family Medicine Clinic/A Duke Health System Affiliate * Henderson Family YMCA * Henderson Fruit & Produce Company * Henderson Furniture Outlet, Inc. * Henderson Indoor & Outdoor Flea Market Mall
* Henderson Institute Graduates & Former Students Association, Inc. * Henderson Lions Club Henderson Middle School * Henderson Pediatric Dentistry Rhonda Kearney, DDS, MS, PLLC * Henderson Wellness Center, PA * Henderson, City of Henderson/Vance County Economic Development Commission Henderson-Vance Chamber of Commerce Henderson-Vance Downtown Development * Hight Warehouse, Inc. * Holden Moss Knott Clark & Copley, P.A. * Holiday Inn Express * Holland Industrial * Home Credit Corporation, Inc. * Home in Henderson * Homes and Land Magazine * Hoyle, Wilson S., Jr., DDS * Hughes, Jack H., Attorney * Humphries Construction Co. Triangle North Exteriors * Humpty Dumpty Day Care * Hunt Investments LLC * Infinite Possibilities, Inc. * Innovative Green Builders/WDT Development, LLC * Interiors and Gifts Too * J & E ScreenPrint * J.L. Williams Construction Company, Inc. * J.M. White Funeral Service * Jameson Inn * JCPenney Co., Inc. Jerry’s Artarama NC, Inc. * Joel T. Cheatham * John Foster Homes Johnson’s Block & Concrete Co., Inc. * Journigan’s Tire & Battery Sales * Kennametal, Inc. * Kentucky Fried Chicken * Kerr Drug, Inc. * Kerr Lake Country Club * Kerr Lake Glassworks/Chex Car Care * Kerr Lake Nursing and Rehabilitation Center * Kerr Lake Orthopaedics * Kerr-Vance Academy * Kids World, Inc.
The Daily Dispatch
* Kilian Engineering, Inc. * Kimball Roofing/KBL Exteriors * Kittrell Job Corps Center L.B. Yancey Elementary School * Lakeland Theatre Company & Cultural Arts Center, Inc. Lakes Media, LLC- US98.3 WLUS FM * Lamplight Inn & Tobacco Farm Camp * Leslie Ann Mills Photography * Liberty Kennels, Inc. * Life Line Outreach, Inc. * Little River Corporation * Lowe’s Home Improvement Warehouse * Loyd Plumbing Co. * M.R. Williams, Inc. * Manpower Services * Mansfield Computing Solutions, LLC * Mari Miller, Author * Maria Parham Medical Center * Maria Parham Nephrology & Hypertension * Maria Parham Pain & Physical Medicine Clinic * Marketplace Cinema * Markson Scientific, LLC dba Markson LabSales * Mast Drug Company * Maxim Healthcare Services Medical Arts Pharmacy Mid South Electric Service, Inc. * Middleburg Steak House, Inc. * Mike Brooks Productions & D.J. Services Mike Brummitt Heating and Cooling, LLC * Milkam Hospitality, Inc. * Moody Brothers Jewelers * Morgan Stanley/Smith Barney/ Virginia Clay Mosley Plumbing Company * MotoMax * Nails to Tails Dog Grooming * Nancy Jo Photography * NC Division of Vocational Rehabilitation Services * NCOL.NET New Hope Elementary School * New Republic Savings Bank * Norlina Christian School * North Carolina Institute Of Minority Economic Development
Wednesday, February 8, 2012
Chamber Membership Directory * North Carolina Pediatric Associates * Northern Carolina Cardiology * Northern Carolina Surgical Associates Northern Vance High School * Occoneechee Council, Boy Scouts of America * Ogle, Dr. Adrian * Optimist Club of Henderson * O’Reilly Auto Parts * P&G Pet Care * Pacific Coast Feather Paul Heidepriem Photography * Peanut Roaster, The, Inc. * Peck, Hazel P. * Pegram Agency, Inc. The Nationwide Insurance * Pepsi-Cola of Durham * Pernell’s Custom Framing * Perry & Waters, LLP * Pete Smith Automotive Group * Philips Optimum Lighting * Phillips, Dorsey, Thomas, Waters & Brafford, PA Pinkston Street Elementary School * Pinnell Insurance Agency, Inc. * Pino’s Italian Restaurant * Pizza Hut * Pizza Inn of Henderson * Postal Plus Business Center * Premier Chiropractic * Premier Pawn * Premier Women’s Health * Prestigious Housing, Inc. * Prim Development and Rentals * Print Enterprise Inc. Private Wealth Management of NC, LLC * Progress Energy * PSNC Energy, A Scana Company * Quality Equipment, LLC * Quick Print of Henderson, Inc. * Raemac Transportation * Raleigh Road Outdoor Theatre * Range of Motion Prosthetics & Orthotics * Ransom, Kirby, DMD,PA * RBC Bank * RE/MAX Perspective * Reaching the Hearts of Women, L3C * Recovery Innovations of North Carolina, Inc.
* Revlon * Ribeyes Steakhouse * Richardson, Arline * Rick Edwards Electric * RK & B Plumbing * ROBCO Manufacturing * Robert B. Lloyd Plumbing, Inc. * Robert D. Herford, CPA * Rogers Group, Inc. * Rose Gin & Supply Co. * Rose Oil Company * Rosemart, Inc. * Rosemyr Corporation/AA Self\ Storage Rotary Club of Henderson Run of the Mill Bed & Breakfast * Ruin Creek Animal Protection Society of Henderson, N.C. Rural Health Group at Henderson * S.T. Wooten Corporation * Sachs Woodcrafts L.L.C. * Saint Augustine’s College * Salare Inc * Salon 31 * Salvation Army, The * Sams Furniture & Sams Furniture 2 * Sanford Milling Company * Satterwhite Chiropractic * Satterwhite Point Marina, Inc. * SBC Painting Schewel Furniture Company, Inc. * School of Graphic Arts * Schriver, Michael * Screen Master * Sea Tow Sears * Servpro of Franklin, Vance & Granville Counties * Sheetz * Shortcakes Embroidery/ Screen Printing * Skateeum, The * Skipper Forsyth’s Bar-B-Q * Sleep Inn * Smile Studio of Henderson * Southern Chainsaw & Mower Parts Southern Vance High School * Southside Office Supply * Spiritual Connections Café, LLC * Splash of Color Interior Design * Springleaf Financial * St. John’s Episcopal Church * Staffmark
* Stainback, Satterwhite, Burnette & Zollicoffer, PLLC * Staples * Starting Over/Diani’s Jewelry * State Employees Credit Union * State Farm Agency Recruiting * Sterling Park Apartments * Stuf-It-Storage and Rentals * Subway * Success & Beyond Global Enterprises, LLC * Sugar n Spice Preschool * Sunset Slush of North Raleigh, LLC * SunTrust * Supply Line Country Market * Sylvan Learning Center of Henderson * Tabet, Munther S., MD, PA * Taco Bell * Tarheel Publishing * Tarheel Woodcrafters, Inc. TARMAC Educational Services * Taylor’s Consignment and Boutique * Team National/ Mona.vie * The Colonial Center * The Teacher Store * Thompson’s Landscaping and Lawn Care/Plume Ridge Nursery * Tidal Wave Car Wash * Time Warner Cable * Toyota/ Scion of Henderson * TreeTop Tree Services * Triangle North Healthcare Foundation * Tri-County Power Equipment * Tucker, Dr. Beverly * Tutor Doctor * U.S. Cellular * Union Bank & Trust Company * United Home Care, Inc. * United Way of Vance County Volunteer Center * Vacuum Cleaner Solutions * Valiant Solutions, LLC * Vance Athletic Supply Co., Inc. dba Sportrax Vance Charter School * Vance Commons, Senior Apartments * Vance Construction Company Vance County * Vance County Arts Council
* Vance County Community Foundation Vance County Early College High School * Vance County Farm Bureau, Inc. * Vance County Public School Foundation Vance County Schools Vance County Tourism TDA * Vance Family Medicine * Vance Financial Services Inc * Vance Furniture Company * Vance Granville Home Builders Association Vance-Granville Business Network * Vance-Granville Community College * Vanco Equipment Services * Variety Wholesalers, Inc. * Verallia North America * Vescom America, Inc. * Vulcan Materials * W. W. Properties * Wake Electric Membership Corporation * Walmart DC 6091 * Walmart Store 2256 * Waste Industries, Inc. * Watkins Development Co, Inc. dba Southern Laundry and Dry Cleaning * West Hills Veterinary Centre * Wester Realty & Insurance Agency, Inc. * Wester, M. W., III, DDS Western Vance High School * Wheeler, Ted dba Ted’s Service Company * Whitco Termite & Pest Control * White’s Utility Buildings * William D. Hoyle, CPA, PLLC * William L. Stark and Company * Wimpy’s WIZS Radio * Woodruff Trucking, Moving & Storage, Inc. * Wooten, William S. DDS, PA * Wray, Michael, NC Rep. * Wright, Danny W., CPA, PLLC * Yancey Hines Special Events Photography Zeb Vance Elementary School * 110% Members