A R C H I T E C T U R E P O R T F O L I O BY HAYRIYE H. ISIK
CV Hayriye Hatun Isik Address: Vesterbrogade 127 E st. tv 1620 Copenhagen V Denmark Mail:Hayriyehatun@hotmail.com Phone: + 45 22840787
2010 - expected finished in 2016 The Royal Danish Academy Of Fine Arts, School Of Architecture, Master at the institute of Heritage, Transformation and Restoration. Bachelor degree in architecture from department 8 architecture, technology and development. 2008-2010 KEA Copenhagen School Of Design and Technology E-designer (entrepreneur designer in spacial design and furniture) 2008 Borups Højskole. Photography, Graphic designs, Art and Music 2004-2007 Sankt Annæ Gymnasium (High School)
2014 Winner of the national competition: “Skills 2014” The task was to fill an object with tiles that had an architectural approach and a story along with it. The project will be carried out by mason apprentices in 2015. 2014 Design of graphiv visual identity, for the Danish clothing store “Foxy Lady” 2013-today Bolia, Danish furniture store - Sales advisor and decorator 2013 Still photographer for the short film “Dinner for four” 2013 Production designer for the short film “ The boy with the little wagon”
Adobe Photoshop, llustrator, InDesign, Autocad and some Google Sketchup and Rhino
Danish - Native English - Fluent Turkish - Good
I am currently finishing my Master at The Royal Danish Academy of Fine Arts in Architecture - Institute of Heritage, Transformation andÂ Restoration. I am looking for an internship for a whole semester preferable from February 2015. I am 27 years old and live in Copenhagen, Denmark. I am very open minded, eager to learn and highly motivated. I very much hope that you will take me into consideration for an intern position at your studio, as I would love to learn and gain an insight into the workflow in an architecture studio before I have to practice architecture outside the classroom. I hope that this little selection of different projects of mine will give you an idea of who I am as a creative person and hopefully be a suitable candidate for your architectural profile. Yours sincerely Hayriye Hatun Isik
01-04 5. semester Hamam / A Turkish bath
3. semester Abstraction / A fly wing
09-12 7. semester, Masters Tiles workshop / Competition winner
13-14 3. semester Works analysis / The Kingo Houses
15-20 6. semester - Bachelor assignment Pearls on a string / Copenhagen Museum Of Modern Art
7. semester, Masters City densification of the village / The eye
7. semester, Masters Architectural dissemination / Pitch
1. semester Mussel shell / City and structure
5. semester City recidence / Essence
33-36 2. semester Nordhavn / A venue for the Fishermen
HAMAM / A TURKISH BATH
5. semester The task of this project was to create a program after a thorough analysis of the area Vesterbro, Copenhagen. During my research, I went to explore the more secluded and quiet areas of Vesterbro, as one enters the buildings through small courtyard passages. This discovery of Vesterbro would prove to be an inspration in terms of my own programme. Many of the houses appear anonymous in public but as soon as one is allowed to step in between and behind the houses, new impressions, renewal courtyards, and lively colors appears. I wanted to avoid creating yet another wellness and spa center. Instead I wanted to get to the core essentials in a hamam and giving something back to the community of Vesterbro.
Axonometric hand drawing edited in photoshop
Plan: Entrance, showers and dressing room.
Plan: Warm and hot room, heated by continuos flow of hot, dry air.
Plan: Cooling and relaxation room.
Conceptual mood section diagram
ABSTRACTION / A FLY WING
3. Semester This task made me see architectural possibilities in objects which surrounds us on a daily basis - possibilities that can be a part of the creative process. The first case of this short term project was to find a naturally constructed pattern. I was drawn by the wing of a fly because of its many facets, reflections, transparency, color and the graphic construction. By examining the structure through drawings line widths, shadows and abstracted spaces slowly occured, which was converted into a relief and later on a spacious shape with playfull shadows based on the patterns and geometries that the relief possessed.
Photography of a fly wing
TILES WORKSHOP / COMPETITION WINNER
7. Semester / Masters The object is considered as an architectural element. The elevations dictates what is public and what is private. The visible parts of the elevations are anonymous to the "public" through the use of the white color. The "private" part, on the other hand, are colorized in four different colors to stimulate the senses. These parts are dictated through the hidden angles you won't see in an elevation drawing, but only seen when you interact with the object - in this case the plan and the relief. The patterns are inspired by the geometric dynamic instruments, which creates a compositional depth-manipulation.
Technical drawing of elevation
WORKS ANALYSIS / THE KINGO HOUSES
3. Semester - Course In the analysis of The Kingo Houses, by architect JĂ¸rn Utzon, the focus was on the settlement relating to the site, and how the transitions between private, public and semi-public appears. Besides making an analysis, the assignment was also to create an almost identical model of the Kingo Houses made only by hand in 1:100. The reason for this was to gain an understanding of the whole idea behind the project as well as the importance of precision.
The main inspiration of Utzon was the nature which in many cases dictated the architectural outcome.
PEARLS ON A STRING / COPENHAGEN MUSEUM OF MODERN ART
6. semester - Bachelor assignment COMA is situated in the heart of NĂ¸rrebro, one of the most dynamic, diverse and multicultural districts in Copenhagen. On the other hand, the site is an exception. The nearest contacts consist of social housing, buildings that seems to take a distance to everything around it, as if it were a fortress closed in on itself. The catalyst of this project has been the street itself (Stengade) and the residents of the social housing. By creating volumes and spreading them out on the street and creating an underground passage, the creation of an other fortress is avoided. Instead spaces will appear between the volumes and the users of the site gets the opportunity to become a part of the passage of the museum. The volumes clasps on a path as if they were pearls on a string. The overground part of the museum appears through its simple materiality and simplicity as monoliths that have grown out of the ground and appears as an installation of art in the urban space. The transition from the passageway to the exhibition rooms is significant in its physical and spatial change from low to high, from artificial lighting to daylight. This creates a dynamic, albeit slightly understated architecturally surprise element in its individual but powerful design.
CITY DENSIFICATION OF THE VILLAGE / THE EYE
7. semester, Masters. This is the beginning of a semester task, a project which still is in progress. The first phase out of three is called “the eye”, which is a phenomenological approach to the project, a registration of the typology in the area, mapping, valuation and surveying. The task of this project is about city densification of the village Høve, Denmark. We were introduced to an abandoned old quadrangle barn, which has undergone a lot of renovation through the past years and today appears in a very poor condition. A decision have to be made of wether we want to work with the barn as it is today, reconstsruct, transfom it or tear it down to build up something new. In addition, we have to incorporate a function that not only benefits the barn but the village as well.
Arkitekt Ukendt Bygning Firelænget gård Adresse Bygaden 28 Høve, 4261 Dalmose Ukendt Årstal
Art Emne Mål
Opmåling Snit BB - vest 1:50
Dato Opmålt af
18-24.09.20 Erik Järinge Shirin Celine
Arkitekt Ukendt Bygning Firelænget gård Adresse Bygaden 28 Høve, 4261 Dalmose Ukendt Årstal
Opmåling Art Emne Snit AA - syd Mål 1:50
ARCHITECTURAL DISSEMINATION / PITCH
7. semester, Masters. The second phase of the semester task is called â€œpitchâ€? and deals with creating from an open mind and forgetting practicalities, acknowledging that all intentions can never be fulfilled in the first attempt. This phase forces you to act and make a draft that has an architectural approach on how to develop the project further on long term.
MUSSEL SHELL / CITY AND STRUCTURE
1. semester With my bridge, mussel clam, I annexed the social recreational activities and beautiful natural resources as a part of the constructive concept. Besides a Metro connection from the rest of Copenhagen next to the once so isolated and unexplored Nordhavnen, it is also an occasion for the common social gathering in the form of a new, modern harbor bath, skate park, and an extensive green space.
CITY RECIDENCE / ESSENCE
5. Semester Islands Brygge has for many years been characterized by industrial activities, which to this day has almost ceased. The district appears with a mix of many old and new buildings as well as new residential and office buildings. The given site is deserted after the industrial production ceased, and activity around the area is passive. This project breaks with the rigid and repetitive structure which dominates the site. The essence of this project was to create volumes growing out of the ground, which gives them a sense of belonging compared to the new buildings. This picture was the resultat of a workshop, where we individualy had to show the essence of the project.
Photography of model
NORDHAVN / A VENUE FOR THE FISHERMEN
2. Semester Nordhavnen, a fishing harbor in Copenhagen, is one of the last remaining fishermen communitys in the modern Danish society. The residents have a knowledge of each otherâ€™s existence, although very shallow and hollow. They live and rest in their own self-grown microcosmo therefore social interaction is minimal. I was eager to create a venue dedicated to the residents of the fishing harbor. A place for social interaction in traditional cozy circumstances. I also worked on the main project in the form of a detail in 1:10 and 1:5. I chose to work with the facade because this became my focus area.
Model of the Venue, 1:20
Window / model section detail 1:5
Window plansection detail, 1:5
Hayriye Hatun Isik Address: Vesterbrogade 127 E st. tv 1620 Copenhagen V, Denmark Mail: Hayriyehatun@hotmail.com Phone: + 45 22840787