Holiday E-newsletter 2020
A Global Pr
a Local Mind
A SPECIAL 2020 & 15TH ANNIVERSARY Expert Insights from Study in Canada Webinar
Why Go Private? Parents Q&A: Tackling the Myth! Finding the Perfect Fit: Case Studies Special Message from HT Founder
Holiday wishes: Hopeful & Resilient What to Expect in 2021 New Exciting Programs: Get the Best Prep! Special Limited-Time Offer
WWW.HARMONYTREE.COM.HK | WWW.HARMONYTREE.CA | INFO@HARMONYTREE.COM.HK | TEAM@HARMONYTREE.CA | (852) 3102-8312
2020 has been an incredibly tough year full of challenges. I’m in constant awe of our students and parents, always adapting and trying to make things work in new ways we’d never done before. I’m so proud of my team around the world for being resilient and pushing beyond limits in tough times in unique HT fashion. On behalf of everyone at Harmony Tree, we wish you all a very Merry Christmas, a safe and blessed holiday! May we all see the light at the end of the tunnel and to a fresh new start in 2021.
at the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts
Founder & CEO Chief Advisor of HT Overseas Study (North America Division) 6x Int’l Award-winning Producer (2005-Present)
HARMONY TREE INTERNATIONAL WEBINAR
UNLOCK OFFERS FROM TOP SCHOOLS IN CANADA T
hank you all for attending HT’s Study in Canada Webinar on Dec 19, live from Vancouver! HT-CA
Team is glad to answer questions that parents have and share insights on how we help students to pick the perfect it school! If you missed the webinar, don’t worry! Here are your key takeaways!
with the goal to o er well-
academic standards. Many
students thrive on the
rounded education to its
private schools scored an
individual attention and
students. Therefore, more
guidance they received from
opportunities in and out of the
(98-100%) placement records.
teachers and sta .
classroom are o ered.
In British Columbia, private
Students bene it not just
It enhanced a better learning
schools occupy all top 16
academically, but also socially
e x p e r i e n c e a n d s p a r ke d
spots in rankings while the top
in a supportive and interactive
personal growth as well.
public school goes 17th.
teacher : student ratio). Thus,
environment with high
resources and better facilities
smaller class size (avg. 1: 15
o er a vigorous learning
Private Schools own more
Private schools o er much
Private Schools in Canada
SUPPORT & CARE
Why Go Private
STUDY IN CANADA KEY TAKEAWAYS
Q: What about inancially? We understand Private Schools offer much more to children, but the cost is quite a concern for us. HT-CA: Good question! Studies showed that the avg. tuition fee of Canada Private Day School is CAD17,700. Can you imagine, Public school can cost just around the same? E.g. International Education Program o ered by Vancouver School Board costs CAD15,500 excluding medical insurance, textbook, homestay fees etc. We understand many students may be Canadian Citizens. However, there is a high chance they are not entitled to the bene it in the public school system if a parent isn’t moving to Canada with them. On the other hand, they are eligible for a Canadian/North American Student Discount in Private School, especially Boarding Schools. Private School is actually a more cost-e ective option.
Q: I’m interested in the IB Curriculum and I saw that there are quite a lot public schools that offer it. Shall I go public? HT-CA: It is true that some public schools here o er IB Program. Parents should take into account that public school admission is based on local catchment instead of students’ merit. Moreover, IB Program emphasise students’ all-round development rather than mere academic excellence. We also concern
the resources o ered in public schools to allow students build up their portfolio outside of classroom.
or us, inding the RIGHT school for our students is much
more important than inding the best school. We dig much deeper than just the ranking. Having known the personality, strength, interest and preference from students and parents, our team meet to analyse the case and shortlist schools that perfectly it the student. We look at how these schools bene it the student all-round. Here are some cases we are happy to share with you!
Case Study #1
• Girl, Age 15, Y10, International School • Average Academic Result • Outgoing and Cheerful Personality • Various Interests in Design, Arts & Sports • Want to apply a particular school as
“I heard from friends that it was good”
The Perfect Fit
How did we help?
• Arranged Internship opportunity & English Public Speaking program at HT-HK for her portfolio building & interview training.
• Consultation, Case Analysis & Schools Matching • Shortlisted suitable schools that really FIT and arranged in-person admission meetings by HT-CA.
How did we help?
• Arranged Portfolio Building Opportunities for her:
• Girl, Age 14, S3, International School • Prefer Boarding School in Canada • Extraordinary Portfolio & CV • Been with HT since 5 years old • 10+ Years in Drama & Debate with HT • Interest and Achievement in Tennis
HT Debate Team Guest Speaking at HKU Lecture & Ref Letter from HKU Professor.
• 6x Global Theatre Awards & 10 Broadway Shows • Application, Essays Polishing & Admission Meeting Arrangements. Acceptance to UBC too.
Case Study #3
• Boy, Age 14, G9, International School • Canadian, Prefer Public School in CA • Extraordinary Portfolio & CV • 10+ Years in Performing Arts with HT • 30+ Global & Local Awards in Theatre • HK Junior Water Polo Team Member
How did we help? Follow up Service: Arranged homestay,
Academic follow up & University Counselling etc
with Top water polo team in CA for
training. Won National League Champions x 2. Canadian Junior National Water Polo Team.
• Arranged Internship at UBC Summer Camp.
HT-CA: Each Student Case is unique and our goal is to ensure students truly bene it from our professionalism, network and experience for their decision to study abroad, school choice, school life and personal growth in this journey. Call us now to start our tailor-made service for you!
QUEEN MARGARET’S SCHOOL KEY FEATURES NOW ON Www.HARMONYTREE.CA
Co-Ed | PRE-G12 | Boarding & DAY | Vancouver ISLAND
WITH UNIQUE & celebrated EQUESTRIAN PROGRAM AND MORE!
Case Study #2
• 15 years experience & network in extraordinary portfolio building. • HT HK-CA Team work seamlessly without time di erence & geo-barriers, all to your advantage.
• Est. in HKG since 2005, pioneering Arts & Edu for 15 years. • Local & Immediate Support & Follow Up in Canada. • Partnership and Network with Top Schools across Canada. Limited-Time Offer to Start Your CA Edu Journey!
• Free Initial Screening of Report Cards, Portfolio & Student Background etc • HKD500 (original $1000) for Assessment, Counselling & Recommendations with Report • Limited Quota, valid until Jan 31, 2020. Book via firstname.lastname@example.org
WHY HT-CANADA? OUR SERVICE
STAY AHEAD. STAY MOTIVATED. GET THE BEST PREP. DRAMA & SPEECH. COMM. SKILLS & INTERVIEW PREP. Email email@example.com to schedule a lesson now.
H A R M O NY T R E E P R O U D LY P R E S E NT S M U S I C A L T H E AT R E P R O J E CT F O R Y O UT H 2 0 2 1
d c n i u s o u S M
t for Hope and Love
C O NT A CT U S N OW T O B U I L D U P P O RT F O L I O W IT H T H E M O ST L OV E D M U S I C A L O F A L L T I M E ! ! ri
EXCITING PROGRAMS COMING FOR HT 2021