Joomla 3.0 – Take a Look at What It Offers There had been a lot of speculation much before Joomla 3.0 launch as it was supposed to be one of the best things to happen in the world of open source ecommerce and content management systems. Now that it has been already launched, for me it seems the perfect time to take a look at its features and discuss its benefits. Whether you should use it for your new site or not, it’s completely your discretion; however, I would really like to highlight some of the most amazing features of Joomla 3 in this post. Joomla 3.0 Features
1. Mobile Friendly CMS If you’re wondering what’s so great about Joomla 3.0 that the whole world has been talking about it, let me tell you that it is the first major mobile CMS. As more and more people are using mobiles to browse the internet, Joomla 3.0 takes this fact into account and comes up with 100 percent mobile friendly CMS by default. The use of Bootstrap ensures that both the visitor and administrator areas are mobile-friendly. It addresses the need of the hour and supports mobile revolution.
2. Quicker Installation One of the biggest benefits is that Joomla 3.0 can be quickly installed. The installation process is now reduced to just three steps namely- configuration, database and overview. The installation screen is better designed and offers a simple yet highly functional look.
3. Refurbished Article Screen Unlike Joomla 2.5, the Joomla 3.0 article screen has almost full width of the page. Besides, all the extra options are meticulously organized into tabs at the top of the screen. This gives it quite a simple, clean, uncomplicated and well thought-out look. In addition to this, the columns on the right hand now only feature the most important options.
4. Enhanced Admin Area Joomla 3.0 comes up with an enhanced admin area having not only new color scheme but also excellent customization options. Made up entirely of modules, it can be customized according to your needs and likes. The Joomla 3.0 dashboard is divided into six main areas including menu bar (almost unchanged), extra links (much simplified), sub menu (simplified), dashboard modules (replaceable and customizable), quick icons (carefully organized on right hand side) and footer links (modified).
5. Unified Configuration Unlike Joomla 2.5, Joomla 3.0 offers a single and unified configuration screen; therefore, you need not visit every part of the site separately. This means you can quickly update configurations and complete other similar tasks such as setting up permissions.
The list of features is, however, not complete by any means. Joomla 3.0 offers far more than what is listed here. With the superior mobile support, it is expected that Joomla 3.0 is going to rock and top the charts like its ancestors.
Article Summary: Through this article, the author discusses various features and benefits of Joomla 3.0. He highlights the major features of Joomla 3.0 while comparing them with its previous versions. Author Bio: Kuntal Mehta (KJ) is the managing partner of Seashore Partners, a web development, ecommerce solution and SEO company headquartered in New Jersey, United States. In this article, he discusses the features of newly launched Joomla 3.0. With an aim to differentiate between Joomla 3 and its previous versions, he highlights how the latest version offers maximum functionality to the users.