SNAKE RIVER & WAWAWAI PARK Located at Boyer Park and Marina 22 miles southwest of Pullman, the Snake River Trail stretches 4.5 miles from the bank of historic Almota Creek, which was a Lewis and Clark Expedition stop, through Boyer Park and eastward to the base of Lower Granite Dam. The trail features accessible and non-motorized access as well as a series of interpretive signs dealing with the Columbia Snake River system, dams, geology and transport of commodities. The park also provides fishing, swimming and boat ramp. Contact Boyer Park (509) 397-3208 Wawawai Park is 16 miles southwest of Pullman, is a beautiful park with picnic facilities, camping, fishing, and a hiking trail. For more information visit whitmancounty.org
glass, stenciled décor and oil painted Stations of the Cross. Tours are available. Pick up some coffee and fresh baked goodies at the New Sage Baking Company. A great stop for treasure hunting with half a dozen antique and second hand shops. More history, details about businesses, services and events can be found at uniontown.us
LOWER GRANITE LOCK AND DAM A great escape to a warmer climate 27 miles southwest of Pullman along the Snake River. They have a fish viewing room, theater, and interpretive displays. Guided tours available. Those over 18 should bring photo ID. Lower Granite Dam Visitor Center is open 7 days a week from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. They provide guided tours of the project Saturday's and Sunday's at 10:00 a.m., 1:00 and 3:00 p.m. May 1st through October 31st. For information contact (509) 843-1493 ext 262
LACROSSE Small Stone Houses were built between 1934 and 1936 by Clint Dobson, a local businessman. Three houses and three cabins were built of basalt stones gathered from the area as rental units for local farm hands and workers. These quaint little houses are in the process of renovation, with a possible Ice Age Flood museum encompassing one.
Colton The Colton story began in 1878 when L.J. Wolford, Roy Woodworth and Dr. Cole, being dissatisfied with the proprietor of Uniontown, decided to found a town of their own. The name came from the first three letters of Dr. Cole’s last name and the last three letters of Mr. Wolford’s son, Clinton. Visit St. Gall’s Catholic Church built in 1905 which retains the original architecture and stained glass windows. Stop in Dave’s Golf and Guns, or schedule some target practice at the Colton Gun Club. Colton is famous for its holiday lights which can be viewed from the comfort of your car anytime in December.
Ken Carper, firstname.lastname@example.org
Paradise on the Snake River! Boyer Park & Marina offers RV and tent camping, rustic cabins, hotel rooms, boat moorage, great food, and much more!
UNIONTOWN Settled by German immigrants from Minnesota in the 1870s’, Uniontown offers a great experience for those who stop. When the Dahmen Barn was donated to the community in 2004, volunteers rolled up their sleeves and donated over 5,000 hours to transform the building into an artisan center. Located behind the famous fence of over 1,000 iron wagon wheels, this fully accessible facility provides studio space for artists and also hosts live performances, special artist receptions and offers classes and workshops. Be sure to get up close and personal to Wheeletta Wholesteele, the larger-than-life metal cow sculpture adjacent to the highway. Stop in and see St. Boniface Church, the first consecrated Catholic Church in the state of Washington. It houses the original five altars, statues, stained
Snake River Bar & Grill
Call now to book your next getaway!
1753 Granite Rd. • www.BoyerPark.com
Pullman | PLAY | Palouse Scenic Byway