Hannah Ballard 10241 Glen Ora Ave. Las Vegas, NV 89134 702.575.4911 firstname.lastname@example.org
Education: Brigham Young University, Provo, UT:
BA in English; April 2013; Minor in editing
Editing Experience: Editorial Intern for WiDo Publishing, Salt Lake City, UT:
• Edited YA novels for publication, including copyediting, final editing, and proofreading.
Art Director of Stowaway Magazine, Provo, UT:
Jan. 2013–Apr. 2013
• Designed the upcoming Fall 2013 issue of Stowaway Magazine, including finding illustrators, making final design decisions, and revising designs. • Directed a team of 7 designers. • Used Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator.
Editor for the Marriott School’s Finance Department, BYU, Provo, UT:
Dec. 2011–Apr. 2013
• Copyedited documents, such as in-house emails, resumes, etc., and edited academic research by professors for prestigious financial journals, such as the Journal of Finance. • Copyedited and substantive edited the personalfinance.byu.edu online book, as well as the Financial Management 201 textbook, Principles of Finance, 6th ed. • Created and updated the finance major Facebook page, Linked In page, and Twitter page. • Co-planner for the Inaugural 2012 Red Rock Finance Conference, which included planning and executing a three-day event for 50+ people in Springdale, Utah. Please see the website, redrockconference. byu.edu, for more information.
• Edited a YA manuscript, including copyediting, and substantive and developmental editing.
Editor of Menagerie Magazine, BYU, Provo, UT:
Sept. 2012–Dec. 2012
• Found, selected, and prepared manuscripts for publication on menagerie.byu.edu.
Editorial Intern for Intercultural Outreach, BYU, Provo, UT:
Apr. 2012–Aug. 2012
• Prepared four culture guides for publication, including copyediting, substantive editing, developmental editing, and formatting using Adobe Suite Programs.
Writing Experience: Writer for Drift, BYU, Provo, UT:
Jan. 2013–Apr. 2013
• Created a story line, plot points, and treatments for Drift, an online webseries. • Prepared a series bible for Drift.
Writing TA for Management Communications 320, BYU, Provo, UT:
Jan. 2012–Apr. 2012
• Edited and graded papers, including resumes, cover letters, and research-based papers. • Helped students with writing and grammar questions.
Blogger, Snowlist.com, Provo, UT:
Aug. 2011–Dec. 2011
• Wrote a ski, snowboard, or mountain-related article once a week.
Additional work experience includes general receptionist and secretarial duties, and retail services.