Hamza Al-Omari +1 (778) 384 7677 firstname.lastname@example.org
* CURRICULUM VITAE . HAMZA AL-OMARI Phone. +1 (778) 394 7677 E-mail. email@example.com Address. 930 Seymour St, A.1709, V6B 1B4, Vancouver, Canada
Sex. Male Date of Birth. 03 Nov 1990 Nationality. Canadian - Jordanian Languages. English and Arabic, fluent written and spoken
2008-Present Emily Carr University – BA Industrial Design – Vancouver, Canada (GPA 3.454 – Cumulative current grades) 2001-2008 Amman Baccalaureate School – International Baccalaureate Diploma – Amman, Jordan (34/42 points – Scientific Stream; Bilingual Diploma)
Awards: Silver Award from the Prince El-Hassan Youth Award Scheme, derived from the Duke of
Edinburgh. For the participation in practical, cultural, professional and exploratory activities (2006/2008).
WORK EXPERIENCE Greenpeace Jordan – Amman, Jordan – Summer 2011 Photographer - 3 Months
• Attended and documented demonstrations organized by Greenpeace • Helped organize public venues and documentary screenings. • Contacted media outlets to attend Greenpeace events.
Maani Ventures – Amman, Jordan – Summer 2011 Research and Development Intern – 2 ½ Month Summer Internship
• Designed “Baby Bins” for the new Queen Alia Airport by Foster + Partners. • Collaboration with design team, designed sheet metal laboratory cabinets for hospitals, universities and schools. • Generated CAD files and technical drawings for prototype production. • Interfaced with clients, designers, engineers, factory technicians and workers.
Freelance Graphic Design – Amman, Jordan – Summer 2010 Research and Concept Development – 1 ½ Month Summer Project
• Working along side two senior graphic designers, some of my responsibilities included project time management, preparing invoices and concept development. • Designed party tickets, flyers and posters for Vy Café, a sub brand of a trendy gym Vy. • Finalized Illustrator files for printing.
Design Jordan – Design consultancy – Amman, Jordan – Summer 2009 Traditional Industrial Design Intern – 1 Month Summer Internship
• Worked on a team-based project to design a mall stand for bird flu awareness ad campaign by FINE (a regional leader for hygienic paper products). • Worked on logo and brochure design for Clever, By Arabs - a local gift shop. • Learned to optimize CAD files for injection molding and blow molding.
SKILLS 2D I.T: Microsoft Office, Adobe Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, Indesign), Adobe Lightroom. 3D I.T: Solidworks , Softimage, Photoview 360 and 3D Studio Max. Prototyping: Wood, foam, foam core, paper/ cardboard, plaster and 3D printing. Drafting: Conceptual sketching and technical drawing.
ACHIEVEMENTS AND INTERESTS • Form Gangsters industrial design exhibition at Emily Carr University in Vancouver, Canada (2011). • Inside/Outside furniture exhibition at 18KARAT in Vancouver, Canada (2011). • Member of The Royal Society for The Conservation of Nature (RSCN) in Amman, Jordan.
• Head Photographer at the Model United Nations in Amman, Jordan (2008/2007). • Photography, Rock Climbing, SCUBA Diving (YMCA licensed), Skiing, Tennis, Travelling.
Tessellation Shading Device
Childrenâ€™s Night Light.
By Hamza Al-Omari, Mike Beamer, Cindy Chen
Indoor / Outdoor Furniture. By Hamza Al-Omari, Hayley Noh, Salar Shahnavaz
360 Bike Light.
Tessellation Shading Device
What does it do? Please click on link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpfWZ4BFhQ8
Luma is a scalable active solar shade and pattern generator. By rotating its blades, Luma cells can be programmed to react to different lighting environments and thus controlling the amount of light entering architectural spaces.
Children’s Night Light
Ready to Assemble Flora is an interactive children’s night light. It is designed to allow children to assemble its parts with minimal adult supervision. The laser cuter was used to precisely cut the Aircraft plywood. Furthermore, all components can be flat packed to fit into a 17” by 11” envelope.
Indoor / Outdoor Furniture
Collaboration Through collaboration with 18 KARAT, a high-end furniture company, we were asked to design a dining table and matching seating suitable for indoor and outdoor use. The design took into account weather, logistics and ease of assembly with RTA, or ready to assemble, fasteners.
* ORB o
360 Bike Light
By illuminating a 360 area around the biker, Orb gives riders a greater presence on the road and therefore enhances rider safety in low light conditions.
1 OF 6
16 - Apr - 2011
1 of 1
.xx : .03
High Run Production Orb has been designed to suit mass production techniques, its parts utilize the advantages of injection molding and extrusion.
CAD Generated Drawing