1. Name the hypotenuse of the following right-angled triangles. b c
2. Write down the relationship between the sides of the following triangle. U V
TV2 = _______________ T
SV2 = _______________
3. By using Pythagoras teorem, find the value of x. Q
6 cm R
x cm 13 cm P
4. Find the value of x. 3x cm
5. Find the values of x and y in each of the following figures. (a) (b) P
P 2 cm S
R x cm S y cm
© Penerbitan Pelangi Sdn. Bhd.
The diagram shows a rectangle. Find the area of the shaded region. 7. Determine whether the following triangle is a right-angled triangle. R
41 cm Q
5 cm P
8. Determine whether the following triangle is an obtuse-angled or acute-angled triangle. P 10 cm
9 cm Q
9. Mr Samy tries to dig a rectangular pool of 8 m by 15 m. When he measures the diagonal, it is 18 m. Is the pool rectangular in shape?
ÂŠ Penerbitan Pelangi Sdn. Bhd.