Sydneyâ€™s premium residential bushfire building specialist www.sydneysbushfirebuilder.com.au
Newmark Constructions creating the newmark in building excellence
the newmark in building excellence
Newmark is passionate about creating ‘the newmark in building excellence.’ This means your project’s delivery is driven by a team with a solutions focused mindset and proactive communication. In practical terms, we deliver a five star service incorporating five essential and interrelated elements; team, specialist knowledge, quality workmanship, systems and processes, in a professional manner.
Our guarantee, your protection
• We carry out all building works in compliance with the relevant Australian Standards and Building Code of Australia. • We are fully insured, holding valid workers compensation, public liability and contract works insurance policies. • We are fully licensed to carry out all types of building works. • We have all our work certified by an accredited third party certifier and issue certificates of compliance. • We install all fittings and fixtures as per the manufacturer’s warranty. • We will maintain good communication. • We will meet any reasonable time constraints. • We will not cause any time delays to completion. • We will meet and exceed quality standards. • We only use high quality, reliable and dependable subcontractors and materials. • We are flexible in accommodating any changes or additional works you may like at any stage of the project. Any changes you choose to make which incur additional costs will be explained to you in detail before you make your decision, and before any works are commenced. • We will hold regular site meetings with you throughout your project. • We have an open door policy. You are always welcome to ring us, or arrange extra site meetings at any time. 100% service satisfaction. • As a licensed builder, we provide a seven year guarantee for your piece of mind. • We promise to start on time and keep to our construction program. • We will treat your home and neighbours with respect.
Mark Newman Managing Director, Newmark Constructions
Ten reasons why Newmark Constructions is the only choice for your next building project in a bushfire zone
4. Delivering on time starts with our quote and its accompanying construction program
Living on bushfire prone land requires particular attention to Australian Bushfire Building Standards, state and local government planning compliance, specialist engineers, and specialised building materials to minimise harm and property damage in the event of a fire attack. Our experience in Sydney’s bushfire prone land means we understand the compliance and engineering needs as well as have access to the latest options in materials to ensure safety to your home and family, maintain value for money, and ensure your program is not disrupted.
A written quotation to complete your project is provided after receiving your construction drawings, often within two weeks, allowing you to keep things moving efficiently. Each quote is accompanied by a construction program so you will know in advance what to expect and when to expect it. All Newmark quotes are prepared with Quotefast estimating software, with programs produced with Microsoft Project.
5. We know good communication is a key success factor on building projects
Newmark’s management and site staff have extensive building knowledge gained from experience and formal education, providing peace of mind that you are dealing with an industry specialist. As a member of the Master Builders Association we are also continually educating ourselves, to make certain not only the most qualified and skilled tradespeople are working on your project but they are aware of the latest developments in the industry. With almost 20 years experience in different facets of construction you can be guaranteed we are bringing the best of our experience to your project.
We know how important communication with clients is, especially to ensuring a stress free process. We proactively keep you informed of your project’s progress, and if you ask a question we always endeavour to respond immediately. Any questions or concerns you have can be answered either in person, by telephone or email. Newmark also uses a convenient web-based program called Co-construct. Co-construct is an easy to use program which simplifies scheduling, material selections and client communication on your project by bringing it into one organised location. Coconstruct can even be downloaded to your smart phone to allow you to keep up to date and make decisions on the go.
Each project receives our personal attention so your project is delivered to the highest possible standard. Newmark’s owner liaises directly with you and has a complete understanding of your needs. We hold weekly site meetings with you so you are informed of the progress and can have any questions answered. These meetings will be followed up with detailed meeting minutes to ensure we are all of the same understanding.
2. Extensive building knowledge combined with continuing best practice
3. Personal attention
1. B ushfire specialists providing ease of compliance fulfilment
Lis and Ed Owen Stanley Avenue Allambie Heights ‘Newmark did a fantastic job on our renovations! We now have two beautiful decks and a fourth bedroom that blend perfectly with our home. It’s so hard to find building companies that are reliable and do such high-quality work. We would recommend Newmark to anyone looking for a builder who will get all the details right and to a high standard. Such a pleasure to deal with!’
6. Infinite supplier choice
We have access to a large range of suppliers so your choices are unlimited when it comes to finishes in your home. Not all suppliers deal with bushfire specific materials, but our knowledge of who does meet these requirements means we aren’t held up at any stage.
7. High quality subcontractors
All subcontractors we use have proven track records and deliver to our high expectations. They also all carry their own licences and insurances. All work carried out meets, and often exceeds, the Australian Standards. To ensure our subcontractors are fully licenced and insured they are required to provide evidence of coverage on an annual basis. We also check every person has an industry safety induction card before they come onto our sites.
8. Professional builders
Our staff are always punctual, polite, trustworthy and well presented, along with being excellent tradespeople themselves. Our team appreciates your time is important and valuable, and we treat your home and the project with the respect you would expect of any industry leading professional. As our staff continually work on bushfire zone compliant projects, they are familiar with the special requirements.
9. Our clients like us and they recommend us because of it
We’re very proud of the homes we’ve built for people, and that our clients continually recommend our work to their friends. Feel free to chat to them about us, and ask as many questions about why they’d recommend Newmark Constructions for your project. Our previous clients will confirm our service and quality is second to none. Our reputation is very important to us and we intend to keep it in tip top condition.
10. Quality Management
As you are making a substantial investment in your home you want to know things are done right from beginning to end. Newmark has a 640 point Quality Assurance checklist which is completed as the project progresses. You can therefore rest assured nothing will be missed or overlooked during construction.
Project Profile Project type: Residential extension. One large front deck, rear deck and covered outdoor living area, additional indoor living room, tile roof replacement with Colorbond, and upgrading the front pathway to the house. Construction cost: $170,000.
Here’s six important things you should know about Newmark 1. Customised service delivery options Our services include design and construct or construct only, providing flexibility to suit your project’s progress and the amount of time you have available. We offer fixed price lump sum contracts so you know what to expect.
2. B ringing big business smarts, systems and expectations to residential construction Newmark was formed with a vision to offer residential clients the opportunity to deal with a professional builder who brings the knowledge and benefits of big business’s commercial and infrastructure construction to residential building. We have stringent systems across our business, and all staff are trained in Newmark’s operating system. This ensures all staff know their roles and responsibilities, while quality and efficiency are maintained throughout your project.
3. Delivering value in a sector notorious for cost overruns We provide quality service and workmanship at a reasonable price, and are very open and detailed when it comes to inclusions. We help clients find the best solution to suit their budget.
Dave and Kathryn Myra Street, Frenchs Forest
4. We’ve experienced rapid growth in the last two years
‘The whole process of working with Mark and Newmark was fantastic. It felt really personalised; absolutely nothing was too difficult. We were novices, so we asked a lot of questions, but Mark was fantastic at taking us through it at the level needed. We will continue to recommend Newmark going forward.’
Newmark has grown rapidly over the last two years off the back of some key relationships with previous clients, architects and designers, even in the face of the economic downturn. Offering high quality work in a friendly and honest manner does wonders for repeat business and referrals. Our clients always comment on how polite and friendly our site staff are.
5. We’re proud of your home too Site cleanliness is always high on our priority list. This is especially important if you and your family are living in the house while the work is being carried out. We leave our sites neat and tidy at the end of every day. It is important to you and paramount to running a safe, efficient site.
6. We always do a little more than you’d expect Small touches make all the difference. Whether it’s a little oil on a noisy gate, or straightening up a few fence panels, we often attend to odd jobs during the course of the project where we can.
Project profile Project type: Residential renovation and extension. Demolition of approximately 95% of the existing asbestos clad house before being renovated and extended. The new four bedroom house includes a double garage with loft area above, a new master bedroom with ensuite and walk in robe, new kitchen, meals area and lounge room. Construction cost: $305,000.
And three things you should know about Mark Newman...
1. Trade plus Tertiary Newmark’s founder and owner Mark Newman has almost 20 years of building experience. Completing a residential carpentry apprenticeship in Sydney’s eastern suburbs, and scoring the MBA’s prestigious apprentice of the year award in 1996, he quickly moved into supervisory roles. Before opening Newmark’s doors, Mark worked both overseas and in the commercial building sector. This wide range of experience allows him to be a welcome wealth of knowledge on any building project. Mark has also studied construction management at university and has completed his Diploma of Building. His combination of training and experience also provides him with a solid grounding for selecting good leaders and team members to deliver the high Newmark standards on clients’ projects every day.
2. Frequent, clear, concise, communication There is nothing worse than investing in transforming your home and not knowing what is going on. Mark’s door is always open to his clients, no matter the topic. His no nonsense, straight forward, informative style, ensures his clients are well informed about their project’s progress, through frequent, clear and concise communications.
‘We met with lots of builders, and with lots of them we had a concern that they couldn’t do what we needed. We never had that feeling with Mark and Newmark. One of the reasons we went with Mark was that we were very comfortable with him and we knew he’d do what he said he would.’
3. Solutions focused attitude Being solutions focused is an important way of thinking, especially playing a key role in turning ideas into reality for your home. Mark’s knowledge and experience enables him to think broadly, and nothing is too much trouble with his flexible approach to finding solutions.
‘Normally everyone talks about the timeline being something their builder could have done better, but our timeline was good.’
‘If I had to pick one thing that impressed me most, it would be the workmanship – it was second to none the whole way through. There were many things we liked about the workmanship, for example all the timber framing was cut on site. We had a number of ‘trained eyes’ come and have a look at the site during construction, and they were all very complimentary of the workmanship on every occasion.’
Step by step process for your project 1. Site inspection We arrange to meet you on site to discuss your project, your requirements, and what is most important to you.
2. Tendering process Depending on how far through the planning process you are, we prepare an estimate or quotation for you. We will also include a project program at this stage.
3. Tender acceptance We can make adjustments to the inclusions, and discuss changes and additions to the project, before gaining your approval to proceed with the works.
4. Sign contract
5. Commence construction work
We will prepare a building contract for you to sign, which will include a payment schedule for the project. We will also agree on a start date.
Once we commence on site we will hold regular meetings on site for you to track the progress and process of the project.
6. Handover Together we will carry out a detailed inspection of the completed works and rectify any incomplete works for final acceptance and occupation. We will also arrange for any third party inspections to be carried out.
â€˜We had so many compliments from the neighbours. I think the neighbours invited them over for a BBQ one time. That really showed their flexibility to make the whole job work. Another time there was some scrap wood, and the neighbour asked if he could have it. Mark was more than happy for him to have it, and the neighbour has been grateful ever since.â€™ 8
Dave and Kathryn, Frenchs Forest
7. Maintenance period We will attend to any issues or any rectification works that require attention during the defects liability period.
Newmark Business Systems Insurances Newmark Constructions carries all relevant insurance coverage, such as public liability, workers compensation and contractors works insurance. Copies of certificates and licences are available on request.
Quality Management Newmark Constructions has a strong emphasis on environmental protection and safety, with company policies in place. Our 640 point quality assurance checklist ensures nothing is missed or left unchecked. This checklist is completed by the project foreman, and reviewed by the project manager.
Occupational Health and Safety Safety management is of paramount importance to Newmark Constructions, with a clear direction given from the managing director through the company policy. Newmark Constructions implements a Site Safety Management Plan for each project. The project foreman has direct responsibility for implementing the safety plan, and will allocate the necessary resources and train personnel to ensure it is carried out.
Detailed documentation Thorough documentation is important to ensure clarity of communication. The following pages show some samples of the types of documentation Newmark Constructions provides its clients.
How would you rate Newmark’s professionalism? What would be the one thing Newmark could do better? ‘Hard to say’, (after a long pause). ‘Nothing sticks out, because the communication was good, and the guys on site were so good.’
‘5 star - everyone was always professional, always on time, there was never a question if they were going to be there. Site was always tidy. You really get to see it when you’re living next door. Very impressive really.’
Mark and Nia Bourke Street Surry Hills ‘Extremely happy with the finished product that we’ve waited for a long time to get to.’ What is the one thing that impressed you most? ‘The Newmark Team.’ ‘The experience between our last renovation and this one is absolutely chalk and cheese. This was a lot more professional, from the paperwork, administration, and invoicing, to the communication and project management. The project manager, Kevin, was on site, from start to finish, and always available. It was a 100% improvement on our last project.’ ‘I recall the detail in Mark’s quote was excellent, for example door types and security grills – you could see exactly what was included. Mark provided advice with all elements of the quote and the options.’
‘The project ran very smoothly. You could always ring Mark or Kevin at any time. This made it run really smoothly.’
Project profile Project type: Residential terrace renovation. Demolition of the rear half of the property, then building a new kitchen, meals area, laundry, bathroom, courtyard, and off street parking. Construction cost: $210,000. 9
Project Profile Project type: Duplex development.
Newmark Developments Maple Crescent Ermington 10
Two, five bedroom, two and half bathroom, residences, each with split level formal and informal living spaces, plus outdoor entertaining area. Scope included planning, design, construction, subdivision and sale. Construction cost: $1,076,000.
‘There was nothing Newmark missed, or overlooked, actually, I think the opposite. If there were any opportunities to enhance the project, or anything that would be more cost effective, Mark would point it out.’ ‘Some of the other builders weren’t open to email communication, and it was clear they just weren’t going to be flexible. Mark was up to date with technology, was comfortable communicating by email, and this was important to us – it made the project more efficient from our end.’ ‘Communication was a strong point. I’m not handy at all. There was many times when I asked what could have been dumb questions, and Mark was always happy to take me through anything. He was very good in that way.’ Dave, French’s Forest
Project Profile Project type: Residential extension. Excavation and extension including new garage and lounge area. Construction cost: $135,000.
Laila and Gorm Maitland Avenue, Davidson ‘We contacted a couple of builders that had been recommended to us, and straight away we noticed Mark Newman was prompt, not only with the quote, but everything after that. They were very reliable. Both Mark and his team were very good at explaining every detail. And after meetings, an email with meeting minutes was provided so there was never any doubt about what had been decided.’ ‘Trustworthy, helpful and last but not least a good final clean up.’ ‘Newmark did a good job, and compared with previous builders we have used Newmark did a much better job. ‘
Kim and Joy Alameda Way, Warriewood â€˜Everything that was done was well explained by Mark; it was done well, explained well, and he was extremely flexible. If we sourced it or he sourced it, Mark was very flexible. We were very pleased.â€™
Project profile Project type: Residential renovation. Renovation to existing welling including new entry foyer, balcony, doors and windows. Construction cost: $80,000. 12
How would you rate our company’s overall performance? ‘5 stars. No issues at all with anything that happened; no negatives.’ What are the three major reasons you chose Newmark? 1. ‘Price (reasonably appropriate) 2. Availability 3. Felt comfortable with Mark.’ How would you rate our administrative performance? ‘5 star. The spreadsheets were excellent, and easy to reconcile.’ Kim and Joy, Warriewood
Provisional cost (PC) list
‘It was good to work with Mark in that nothing was a problem, and there was nothing he got in a flap about. He just got on and did it. We left him to it and it was problem solved, basically.’ Kim and Joy, Warriewood 13
‘We would very happily recommend you to anyone so let us know if there’s anything we can do. It’s so rare to find reliable builders who will do such a high quality job and we are so pleased with the result. Please also say thank you to Kevin and Pete for us - they were so thoughtful and pleasant to have around that I miss them already!’ Lis and Ed, Allambie Heights
Cheviot Street, Ashbury
Is your project what you envisaged at the start? ‘Yes – 5 stars. My wife was the main ‘envisager’. She has had the vision; I’m the engineer.’ Kim and Joy, Warriewood
Derna Crescent, Allambie Heights
Is your project what you envisaged at the start?
Linden Grove, Ermington
‘Absolutely. While this started with Nick and the design he did for us, it was Mark’s personalised service that delivered what we envisaged. He listened to what we wanted from the start, and we were able to change things along the way and that was never a drama, so it was Mark that transformed the drawings to the project we envisaged.’
‘To be honest, I’m struggling to think of something Newmark could do better. At the first opportunity there was ever a potential issue Mark would always call us straight away, so there was never a chance for anything to become an issue.’ Dave and Kathryn, Frenchs Forest
Hinkler Street, Lane Cove 15
For more photos, testimonials, and project profiles detailing our track record, visit Newmarkâ€™s website at www.sydneysbushfi rebuilder.com.au, or follow us on facebook at www.facebook.com/NewmarkConstructionsDevelopments.
Sydneyâ€™s premium residential bushfire building specialist www.sydneysbushfirebuilder.com.au
Newmark Constructions creating the newmark in building excellence Office 02 9804 1006 Email firstname.lastname@example.org www.sydneysbushfirebuilder.com.au
An overview of the complete construction process when you choose Newmark Constructions to build or renovate your home in Sydney, Australia....