Two Ways An Orthodontist Can Increase Your Smile And Self Esteem by Dr. Nick Reynolds, Northeast Orthodontics
An orthodontist provides a unique kind of therapy to improve your self esteem. Though teeth clearly serve a functional role in our lives, an orthodontist never ignores their aesthetic role. Addressing both the functional and aesthetic roles of teeth achieves the best patient outcome. Improving the smile is an external change with dramatic internal consequences. What can both a therapist and orthodontist achieve for the patient? Patients of all ages consistently report a significant boost to their self esteem after bite and teeth alignment.
1. Functional bite alignment The human bite is defined as the way teeth fit together. A functional bite makes chewing and swallowing comfortable. The action of eating is safe for the rest of the teeth and the other soft tissues in the mouth. Patients no longer fear social situations that involve eating in front of others. Almost every gathering with family and friends, all holidays and special occasions, includes a tradition of food. What would Thanksgiving
be without turkey and stuffing? How about having a Fourth of July barbeque with no hamburgers and corn on the cob? An orthodontist can help achieve a comfortable bite, which allows you to enjoy the events in your life, along with the snacks and refreshments, without worrying about the act of chewing. A proper bite impacts speech and pronunciation. It allows for easy conversation with other guests. In our often loud and always foodfocused culture, patients enjoy more moments with others rather than missing opportunities to connect.
conveys a team player attitude that might score you the job. A full smile lights up a room and a photograph. The owner of straight teeth proudly grins when happy
2. Aesthetic smile appearance Unlike a favorite handbag, a flashy necklace, or a trendy scarf; our smile is an accessory we never take off. A confident smile conveys friendliness to your new acquaintance, happiness to someone you love, and collaboration to your interviewer for a new job. An aesthetically pleasing grin is always sexy when you are searching for your soul-mate. A positive smile
MORNING STAR SCHOOL Serving Students with Special Learning Needs Since 1969 Morning Star School offers a comprehensive curriculum tailored to the individuals needs of each student in a small, caring environment for grades 1-12.
• The maximum student-to-teacher ratio is 12:1. • All classroom teachers are ESE certified and certified by the state of Florida. • Speech and OT are part of the school day for qualifying students.
Where Fut�res Begin
Interesting in lear�ing more about Mor�ing Star?
• Christian studies, Art, Music Therapy and PE are part of our Please join us on January 25th at 9am for our open house and school tour! program. RSVP to (727) 544-6036. • Our High School program includes a Life Skills curriculum.
• We accept the McKay Scholarship and Gardiner Scholarship.
727-544-6036 10 • January 2018
4661 80th Avenue North • Pinellas Park, FL 33781
Say you saw it in the Gulf Coast Family Newspaper
Morning Star School - Pinellas Park www.gulfcoastfamily.org
Published on Jan 1, 2018
Published on Jan 1, 2018
Gulf Coast Family's primary purpose is to encourage families along the Gulf Coast by providing worthwhile information that deals with family...