Left: Guilford professors serve as academic advisors to students for coursework, internships, graduate school preparation, and research. Below: Students present their original research during the Guilford Undergraduate Symposium.
The Princeton Review ranks Guilford among the nation’s “100 Best Value Colleges” and most eco-friendly (green) campuses, with a Green Rating of 93 out of 100. Guilford is consistently named on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll. A welcoming community of open-minded learners who promote positive change in the world. Since 1837, Guilford College has provided a practical liberal arts education guided by Quaker values. Our diverse and welcoming community is highly regarded for academic excellence, social responsibility, and civic engagement. At Guilford, you’ll receive outstanding guidance and support from professors who know your name and care about your goals. Our stimulating programs emphasize creativity, critical thinking, leadership, and communication — plus a global perspective that values other cultures and the natural environment. Excellent internship, research, service, and study abroad opportunities strengthen the connection between thought and action. The result? Guilford offers a transformative experience that will challenge and inspire you to expand your knowledge, skills, values, and vision for personal and career achievement — and for the betterment of the world.
Forbes magazine selected Guilford as part of its America’s Top Colleges list. We’re also featured in Colleges That Change Lives, a guide to 40 innovative institutions, and we’re one of 49 colleges
nationally to be named a Best Buy in The Fiske Guide to Colleges.
Right: Guilford students enjoy strolling throughout our tree-lined campus on foot and bike. The campus bike shop offers free tune-ups.
Beyond the Classroom •
More than 40 clubs and organizations
Campus radio station WQFS and award-winning student newspaper The Guilfordian
Vibrant music, theatre, and arts opportunities
20 NCAA Division III varsity teams; active intramural program; club sports include men’s and women’s rugby, Ultimate Frisbee, and cheerleading
Community outreach and service-learning programs
Walking/biking distance to shops, restaurants, parks, and other city venues
More Information: To learn more about Guilford or schedule a campus visit, go to www.guilford.edu/admission, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 800-992-7759.
To read this barcode download
app at www.i-nigma.mobi
Admission Office 5800 West Friendly Ave., Greensboro, NC 27410 email@example.com www.guilford.edu
app at www.i-nigma.mobi
Submit your free application for admission at www.guilford.edu/apply.
To read this barcode download
Imagine an education that will challenge your mind and expand your vision.
Bachelor of Arts | Bachelor of Science Bachelor of Fine Arts | Bachelor of Music
• Four-year, private, coeducational undergraduate college with a practical liberal arts curriculum guided by Quaker values
• Founded by the Society of Friends (Quakers) in 1837, Guilford was one of the first coeducational institutions in the nation and honors a tradition of preparing men and women of all backgrounds for meaningful work and civic engagement
Accounting African American Studies Art Biology Business Management Chemistry Community & Justice Studies Computer Information Systems Computing & Information Technology Criminal Justice Economics Education Studies English Environmental Studies Exercise & Sport Sciences Forensic Accounting Forensic Biology French Geology German German Studies Health Sciences History Integrative Studies International Studies Mathematics Music Peace & Conflict Studies Philosophy Physics Political Science Psychology Religious Studies Sociology & Anthropology Spanish Sport Studies Theatre Studies Women’s, Gender & Sexuality Studies
• A values-rich education that prepares independent thinkers and world citizens who care about community, justice, diversity, equality, and the natural environment
• 132 full-time faculty committed to teaching and mentoring • Personalized, high quality faculty advising
ACADEMIC OPPORTUNITIES • More than 38 majors and programs, plus 54 minors • Outstanding internship, fieldwork, and research opportunities in the Greensboro area, as well as nationally and internationally
• 16:1 student-to-faculty ratio ensures personal guidance and support
• Dentistry, law, medicine, ministry, and veterinary medicine pre-professional options
• Unique interdisciplinary majors include Forensic Biology and Peace & Conflict Studies • The Bryan Series® brings world-renowned speakers to lecture and meet with small groups of students
• Fieldwork and study abroad programs in China, England, France, Germany, Ghana, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Mexico, the Netherlands, Scotland, Spain, Wales, as well as Washington D.C.
• A friendly, historic campus with more than 220 wooded acres, nature trails, and a small organic farm
• Guilford Consortium allows students to take courses at seven nearby colleges without additional charge
• Safe, easy access to Greensboro, North Carolina, a vibrant metropolitan area with more than 27,000 college students • Recognized by the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll for service learning and volunteerism • Campus green initiatives include solar-heated water, fresh veggies from our campus gardens, free bike tune-ups, and more
GRADUATE STUDY and careers Alumni say Guilford provides exceptional preparation for graduate study and careers. Here’s a sample of the programs and positions recent graduates are pursuing: Graduate Schools • American University (law) • Harvard University (divinity, theater)
• A competitive merit scholarship program and need-based financial aid opportunities
• North Carolina State University (marine/earth/atmospheric sciences)
• University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (chemistry, exercise science)
• Approximately 2,800 undergraduates • A mix of traditional students (ages 17-22) and adult learners (23 years and older)
• Vanderbilt University (education) Careers • Special Events Assistant, Department of Treasury, Washington, D.C. • Freelance Food and Travel Writer, Thailand
Below: Students enjoy the global classroom through study abroad experiences and service work trips.
• Veterinarian, Holland Working Dog Hospital, Lackland Air Force Base, San Antonio, TX • Director of Planning and Development, Yadkin County, NC
Where is guilford? Greensboro and the Piedmont Triad offer a variety of music, cultural, and recreational activities for Guilford students.
Greensboro is home to seven colleges and offers an active nightlife for students.
winston-salem durham app at www.i-nigma.mobi
greensboro chapel hill To read this barcode download
The Greensboro Coliseum is home to many large concerts and athletic events.
Parks, lakes, and walking/biking trails are found near campus. Firstrate skiing and Atlantic beaches are within a few hours drive.