HCA 415 Week 5 Final Project (AIDS, Adversity and Solutions) Click Here to Buy the Tutorial http://www.uophelp.com/HCA-415-/product-7633-HCA -415-Week-5-Final-Project-(AIDS,-Adversity-and-Soluti ons) For more course tutorials visit
www.uophelp.com Focus of the Final Project For your Final Project, you will complete an analysis of a public or community health problem that is formatted in either an eight to ten page paper or a ten to twelve slide PowerPoint presentation (not including title and references pages/slides). Your Final Project should demonstrate an understanding of the reading assignments, and class discussions, as well as your own research and application of new knowledge. It must contain the following: 1. Identify a population-based public/community health problem in your county and/or state. Your selection could be based on one of the following: a. A cultural/ethnic group (e.g. Native Americans, Russians, Latinos, Black Americans, etc.) b. A disease/disability group (e.g. diabetics, persons with A.I.D.S. [P.W.A.], people with Multiple Sclerosis, Alzheimerâ€™s disease, etc.) c. A health coverage category (e.g. Medicare, Medicaid, state run health care programs, Women, Infants, Children [W.I.C.] etc.) 2. Provide a description of your selected health problem.
3. Obtain epidemiology/demographic data from your local county and/or state health department that documents the problem, provides parameters, and defines/illustrates the scope of the problem.
4. Research, identify, and describe a minimum of four resources that are currently available or that provide services to/for your selected group. These may include programs or agencies that provide specialized services, interventions, or grant monies. Describe the programs and discuss how their availability or existence is communicated to the selected population group.
5. Identify and discuss the barriers to solving your selected public/community health problem in terms of the following: a. Services needed b. Access c. Communication challenges d. Regulatory/political issues e. Inter-agency scope of delivery and care f. Financing/economic, and budgetary issues
g. Population/human impact
6. Identify and discuss the major stakeholders who would be
involved in solving your public/community health problem. Are there any agencies with conflicting agendas and/or crossovers of service provision?
7. Based on your analysis, make three recommendations to solve your identified problem. Provide data and references to support and lend credibility to your recommendations.