Issuu on Google+

THE STORY BOOK. The tail of The Good Gopher.


THE HISTORY OF PHILANTHROPY Back when the earth was still flat and Pluto was still a planet, philanthropy and charity were religious ideals. This changed in the 20th century, when large multi-national corporations began to take an interest in helping the world. As the trend continued, the notion of Corporate Social Responsibility was born and philanthropy became privatized. This privatisation brought philanthropy into the public eye. Helping the disadvantaged became the responsibility of the wider community and the philanthropic industry experienced high amounts of growth. When philanthropy was privatized, however, it adopted some corporate characteristics namely, it began to see the power of money. Today, modern philanthropy is literally defined by money.


THEN philanthropy |fəˈlanθrəpē| noun the love of love in the sense of caring for, nourishing, developing, and enhancing humanity and human potential.

NOW philanthropy |fəˈlanθrəpē| noun the desire to promote the welfare of others, expressed esp. by the generous donation of money.

OUR GOAL philanthropy |fəˈlanθrəpē| noun the desire to promote the welfare of others, expressed esp. by caring for, nourishing, developing, and enhancing humanity and human potential.


PHILANTHROPY TODAY 87% of Australians donate regularly. 67% of Australian businesses donate regularly. 44% of donations are passive. Only 18% volunteer.

Evidently, the modern donation-based form of philanthropy has been extremely sucessful within Australian culture. Philanthropy is now a mass market industry. However, as illustrated on the right, the market for donations is almost at capacity. Any significant growth past 87% is unlikely, as the remaining 13% consists of: • low-income Australians, • youth, and • persons that are unreceptive to current marketing strategies. Therefore, in order to engage the remaining 13%, the focus needs to shift from donations to involvement. This strategy allows for an 82% growth margin.


INDIVIDUAL DONATIONS 13%

BUSINESS DONATIONS 33%

INVOLVEMENT 82%


OUR CONCEPT. We want to remove money from the equation. We want to help grow the industry. We want to involve the masses. We want to have fun.

HOW? We will provide quality charity events. We will increase involvement and awareness. We will subsidise the cost of events to remove financial barriers. We will never guilt or intimidate. How will we involve the masses? By using mass entertainment techniques in the place of traditional intimiation-based social marketing techniques. How will we function without collecting money? We are designed for a capital-free business model. We are highly liquid (in that we do not own assets), we have no fixed costs and minimal outputs. How will we help charities without money? By promoting and creating high quality events that raise awareness for their cause, and give them the opportunity to develop relationships with a different demographic.


OUR MODEL. PHONEBOOK

We act as an intermediary that unites organisations with businesses, and businesses with consumers. Our model redefines philanthropic interactions. Traditionally, interactions are one directional. Our model works off dual-benefit pathways - all parties receive return on any investment.

ORGANISATIONS

BUSINESSES

CONSUMERS

Our model is designed to give local businesses the opportunity to showcase their commitment to Corporate Social Responsiblity through the donation of products or services.

EVENTS

Like what we’re doing? Make it official. http://www.facebook.com/TheGoodGopher Questions and Inquiries: thegoodgopher@gmail.com


THE END.

No, make that the beginning.


The Good Gopher